Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dreaming (girl's pov) ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
You woke with a start and look at the clear dark sky above you. The sun wasn't up yet and it was very cold out. You shiver and pull your dress tighter around you. You were used to sleeping outside but lately had slept inside so you were accustomed to it. You curl into a tight ball and try to go back to sleep.
 
After several minutes of this you finally realize that sleep isn't coming so you roll back to your stomach and look down into the water. You lay quietly dreaming of a better time. Then more out of habit then anything else you look down at the ring on your hand. It sparkled in the dark and again you were pulled into the emerald deeps.
 
You were falling into murky sparkling greenness it seemed to flash by to quickly now though to call it really. You think of screaming but you realize that there's no one there to hear you. You continue to fall in now what is a blur of undistinguished color. The chilly cool seems to grow stronger as you grow closer to the blackness around you.
Finally its utter darkness and you know that the end is soon. You close your eyes tight and wait for the impact.
 
It never came because when you opened your eyes you were standing in the throne room again only it was a disaster. Bodies lay all around and useless sword sat in dead hands. There was no blood on any of them but they were unmistakably dead. You look around in growing horror.
 
The dead were foreign from the look of them but when they lay face down you couldn't be sure. You look finally up to the throne. The pharaoh sat there silently. You look on in unease as it looks as if he was dead himself.
 
The pharaoh sat relaxed in his throne his eyes weren't visible under his crown but he looked so still and he wasn't breathing that you could see.
You ran around bodies and swords in your haste to get to the pharaoh. You rush to his side and kneel next to him looking up at him.
 
“Pharaoh?” you question in worry but he seems not to hear you.
A man comes into the room another of the swords lay around strapped to his hip. You look at the deadly sword then to the pharaoh. The man continued across the room at an easy pace. About half way across the room he stopped and looked slightly nervous as he loosened his sword and drew it slowly. He sound of metal against metal echoed in the quiet room.
 
“Did you not learn yet that you can't even reach me much less kill me.” The pharaoh said menacingly as he lifted his head and looked at the man directly.
 
You look at the pharaoh in relief and concern. Then glance at the man who had frozen when the pharaoh spoke. He stayed as still as possible and stared directly at the pharaoh's eyes in horror. Confused you look back to the Pharaoh and look at his eyes. They were normal if not angry. Then you looked a bit higher and saw the golden eye on his forehead. You knew that means bad things and ducked back to the side of the throne. Closing your eyes tight you heard a slightly gurgling sound and then the sound of metal on stone. You look back at the man and see that he has joined the many people that lay strewn on the floor. You looked up at the pharaoh and watched him as he sighed and relaxed back into the throne and the third eye faded quickly.
 
“Pharaoh?” you ask again in slight distress.
 
No answer.
 
Suddenly you feel as if you're falling again and suddenly your back on the stone slab by the oasis. You look around confused then look down at the ring. It showed the scene that you just left but it was fading rapidly. You gasp and cover it quickly so that no one else can see. The sun was up now and the camp was as well. Within several more minutes you would be moving again. You flinch as you realize you'd be riding again. Tamric moved in the ranks of his people quickly giving orders and yelling at them to hurry.
You stood up and watched as they finished tacking down the tents and packing the horses.
Arms came around from behind you and lifted you up onto a horse.
 
“Be a good girl and don't cause me trouble.” Came Tamric's voice from behind.
 
You stiffen as you recognize the voice but say nothing in return.
The ride was slow and easy today everyone was in a much better mood but it seemed that they were much more relaxed for other reasons as well. You thought back to the dream, for that is what you concluded that it was just a dream of falling into the pharaoh's throne room.
 
You hoped that it was a dream at least because what you had seen was not something that could come to pass. You hoped though that the pharaoh was alright.
 
The day continued in relative peace. Tamric you were learning was a butt but you were used to being treated like junk so you did retort. The day came to a close and you made camp. It was rushed and obviously temporary.
 
You were worn out and slept as soon as you lay down. Today they had given you a place in the leader's tent to sleep. You were nervous about it but you were to tired to pay to much mind.
 
You woke with a start and sat up. The camp was dead silent and you thought you heard Tamric snoring.
 
You stood and carefully walked to the entrance of the tent. Tamric was too deep in sleep to notice or so it seemed.
 
You slip out of the tent quickly and move out into the pre-dawn air. Your eyes water as you look at the perfectly clear starry sky.
 
`Damien I wish you were here.' A tear escapes your eyes as you think about your friend. You sigh as a light breeze moves though your hair.
 
You know it's said that fate is as the wind, you never truly know where or when it will show up.”
 
Damien's voice rang in silent reminder of a past wind. `Well,' you thought `my wind is a cruel and bitter one.' First you had lost your one true friend and only love. Then begin sent away you had befriended another nice man.
 
`Their all gone now' you think sadly and turn to look back at the suddenly silent tent.
 
The flap remained still so you turn back to the wind. You let the breeze take your hair from your shoulders and fling it around in its grasp. You clothes pressed tightly to your body as you suddenly start running. The wind flips your clothes and hair about you. You run free for now so why not enjoy it. You're still a lot a better off then before. Before you had to deal with being constantly chained, now it was just the invisible leash. You smile and run until you trip on the sand and fall to your hands and knees. You hadn't run out of sight of the camp but you were far enough that you could have held it in your hands. Your sit their and watch the sun rise.
 
“Beautiful isn't it?” the pharaoh whispers to you as you sit in his lap. You nod in silent agreement. You both knew that there was no one around to see you but the glory of such a sight made it seem fragile. It was almost as if it would break if you were to much more then breath hard and shatter the peace that it had brought.
 
You had left the guards far behind on the much faster horse. You smiled up at the pharaoh.
 
“Thank you.” You said suddenly in a whisper. He looked down at you and you eyes lock.
 
“There's no need to thank me I like to see you smile and if it made you smile that's thanks enough.” The pharaoh said in reply. He smiled back at you.
 
It and the words he'd given you melted your sorry heart. Your smile faded and your lips dropped apart in the world wide invitation for a kiss. The pharaoh leaned in and took that invitation.
 
His lips were cold compared to your suddenly hot ones. It sent shivers down your spine. His mouth shifted and covered your turning the chaste kiss into a passionate one. You gasp letting you lips slip open. Your gasp goes unheard as he slips his tongue into your mouth. You suddenly go hot and cold all over. His arm circles you from behind and pulls you up higher into the kiss letting him probe deeper into the deeps of you mouth. You lean into it slipping your tongue across his boldly. You feel him shudder slightly beneath you. You would have smiled if you weren't otherwise occupied. You realize suddenly that your eyes are closed so let them slip slowly open. Your shocked to see him staring at you. His purple-red eyes hot on your face. You feel yourself blush but you can't take you eyes off him or apparently your mouth.
 
You sit up and sigh. That dream had left you feeling hollow. Waking to find that it was just that a dream. You sit up and realize where you are. The camp was moving now but no one had noted your absence so you assumed that they either didn't care or their leader hadn't woken up yet.
 
You sigh and head back to the camp.