Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Family Bonds ❯ Interlude Three: Thanksgiving ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Interlude Three: Holidays 2- Thanksgiving

November 23, 2006

0-0-0

“Mmm… something smells good!” Liam comments as he walks out of the living room of the lake house and into the kitchen area. “Is there anything I can do?”

Ashling rolls her eyes. “Li, the last time you decided to cook the kitchen was practically destroyed. And that was just with you trying to make macaroni and cheese. We are not going through that again. Now why don’t you go watch the game with the rest of the guys.”

Damian clears his throat loudly.

“With the exception of Damian, who is too effeminate to watch football.” Ashling corrects herself.

Damian glares at her briefly and then goes back to helping Grandmother Phoenix with the green beans.

Liam grumbles something about Ashling not being any better at cooking as he leaves the kitchen to rejoin the rest of the guys, with the exception of Damian.

“So exactly how many are we feeding?” Damian asks, looking at all of the food setting out.

“Well…” Ashling pauses a moment to think, being the only one not busy doing something. “there’s you, me, Liam, my mom and dad, Cheyenne, my grandparents, my aunt and uncle, and my two cousins… How many are we, mom?”

“Twelve.” Mrs. Phoenix replies.

Damian looks around at all of the food. “So you’re telling me that we have four pies, two large plates of turkey and one large plate of ham, two trays of devilled eggs, two plates of rolls, a large bowl of stuffing, green beans, and various other things in huge bowls and plates for twelve people. Are you all crazy?”

“Damian, normally it’s just eleven of us.” Tullia reminds. “Although if you had come the last four times the twins invited you then we would have had twelve each time.”

Damian shrugs. “Yeah, that’s true. It’s just that my father was suppose to come home… anyway, I’m here now! When can we eat?”

“It should be ready in fifteen minutes.” Grandmother Phoenix says. “Everyone start carrying in the dishes and setting up the table.”

“Hurrah! Food!” Liam yells from the living room. “Lets eat!”

Ashling snorts. “Yeah, as if you and uncle haven’t eaten enough with all of the food you’ve been sneaking from the kitchen!” She yells back. “You crazy bottomless pit!”

“You can’t talk, Ash!” Liam yells back. “You eat just as much as I do!”

Damian covers Ashling’s mouth with his hand. “Stop fussing with your twin and help me and Tullia get food into the dining room. It’s going to be our final chore for the day.” He removes his hand from Ashling’s mouth and picks up a bowl of green beans.

“Rest and relaxation here I come!” Ashling exclaims. “I just love Thanksgiving! It’s the one day you can eat as much as you want to and not get made fun of for it.” She picks up the two plates of rolls. “Lets roll!”

“Ash, that’s a horrible attempt at a joke.” Tullia informs her cousin.

“Gee, thanks.”

0-0-0

Lexus House of Insanity

“Boys, time to eat!” Mrs. Lexus yells up the stairs. “Hurry up!”

Roman, Alexandrian, and Nixx come running out of their bedrooms, sounding very much like a herd of stampeding elephants. Mrs. Lexus barely has time to move out of the way before all three of her son’s fly down the stairs and zoom past her into the dining room.

“FREEZE!”

Roman, Alexandrian, and Nixx all skid to a halt, nearly falling over one another from stopping so suddenly.

“Hey, what gives?” Nixx asks.

Fiona Lexus, the fiery red-haired cousin of Roman, Alexandrian, and Nixx, stands in front of them glaring. “You will not run into the dining room.” She growls.

All three boys gulp. If it’s one thing they’ve learned, it’s that you do not mess with Fiona.

“Hands washed? Hair pulled back? Decent clothes?” She asks rapidly.

“Yes…” All three boys grumble, not meeting her eyes.

“Good.” Fiona smirks. “Now calmly take a seat at the table and place your napkins in your lap and be quiet.”

All three boys obey without hesitation, not wanting to pluck their cousin’s nerves and get her flaming temper started.

And that’s about how their Thanksgiving goes, completely structured, abnormally calm, and with very little talking.

Roman twitches the entire time and glares at Fiona when he can get away with it. Alexandrian calmly sits there chanting under his breath, “She’s leaving tonight. She’s leaving tonight.”. Nixx is also twitching, but he alternates between doing that and messing with the bottom of his light blue shirt, not used to wearing shirts that cover his stomach at home.

Mr. and Mrs. Lexus are unfazed by it all and enjoy the peace and quiet that they have while it lasts. After all, peace and quiet is very rare at the Lexus house.

F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--:--I-N-T-E-R-L-U-D-E-S--F-A-M -I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--:--I-N-T-E-R-L-U-D-E-S

Shiro: I'm sorry for the lateness of this interlude. See, I was at my grandparents during Thanksgiving and through that weekend so I didn't get to type it up and then I was having a problem getting this chapter uploaded... and then I sort of forgot about it until now. Oops.

Happy Holidays!

Next Interlude- Love At First Sight (aka the Roman and Ashling interlude)