Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Family Bonds ❯ Chapter 23: The End of the Beginning ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Saying that I own Yugioh is like saying that the whole world loves George W. Bush. It just ain't true.

-F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M -I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S-

Chapter 23: The End of the Beginning

It has been two weeks since the four yami’s went to the afterlife and life for the group in Domino City is beginning to return to normal. Katsuya and Seto have been out on several dates together and have been on two double dates with Malik and Ashling and one double date with Honda and Miho.

All of them have been accepted at the colleges they wanted to go to and Anzu has gotten the scholarship she needed.
Mai has returned to Domino City for a duel monsters tournament taking place there. Seto, Mokuba, Katsuya, and Tama have all signed up for the tournament as well.

And since Anzu will soon be leaving for America the girls have planned what could be their final girls night out together. And while the girls are preparing for their night out, the boys are planning a night in.

“Katsuya, did you pick up those movies?” Seto asks over the phone, trying his best to ignore Tama and Ashling, who are arguing with Malik and Liam over their choice of clothes.

“This is how everyone dresses at the club, Malik!” Tama yells. “Most of the time there are people wearing even more revealing clothing than this!” She gestures to her slate gray corset-like top that laces up with blue ribbon and her matching slate gray mini skirt that laces up on either side in the same blue ribbon. To go along with the outfit are her old faded black combat boots that now have blue shoe strings.

“I don’t care what the other people wear to the club! It’s too much!” Malik yells.

“Just because I’m actually dressing like a girl for once doesn’t mean you can get all over me about it!” Tama yells back. “Both of you are being absobloodylutely ridiculous about this!” She grabs Ashling’s hand and begins tugging the blonde girl, who is dressed to match Tama except her outfit is black and red, to the door.

All of the boys wince when the door slams shut.

“Seto? Is everything okay over there?” Katsuya asks.

Seto sighs. “I don’t know anymore. Malik and Liam are both having a fit over what Ashling and Tama are wearing.”

“And you saw nothing wrong with it?” Katsuya asks. “That’s not like you. Usually you’re the one worrying and ‘throwing a fit’.” He teases.

“They’re eighteen now.” Seto says. “Tama and Ashling both know how to fight and Anzu doesn’t have a bad punch. And I sent Blue after them.” He adds.

Katsuya laughs. “I should have known! So what were they wearing, anyway?”

Seto briefly describes the two girls’ outfits. “Shizuka’s not wearing anything similar, is she?”

“Dunno. Mai came over here about a half hour ago and the two haven’t left Shizuka’s room since.” Katsuya replies. “She’d better not be wearing the same thing. Hang on, they’re coming out.”

There’s a moment of silence on Katsuya’s end as he takes in what his little sister is wearing. “Mai, you’d better make sure you keep an eye on her!” He says. “If one hair on my baby sister’s head is harmed, you’re gonna be the one I go after first!”

“Katsuya…”
Shizuka can be heard sighing.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of her.” Mai promises. “Now go on back to talking to your lover and let us be.”

“That Mai really gets on my nerves.”
Katsuya mutters to Seto.

“I can hear you!” Mai yells.

Seto chuckles. ‘Things are going back to normal. It’s about time.’

0-0-0

Club Neon

Anzu, Mai, Shizuka, and Miho arrive together at the club and make their way to the table they reserved. To their surprise, Ashling and Tama are already there with their soda’s and look to be having a serious conversation.

Mai decides she needs to fix this. Gracefully she slips into the booth beside Tama and tugs the soda the Muto girl is holding out of her hands and sets it on the table. “Come on. You’re going to dance with me first.” She says, taking Tama’s wrist. “We came here to have fun, not hold serious conversations!”

After Mai and Tama slide out of the booth to go dancing, Anzu, Shizuka, and Miho take their seats at the booth around Ashling.

“So what’s up?” Anzu asks. “You and Tama did look like you were having a serious conversation.”

Ashling sighs and pushes away her drink. “Liam and Malik are being immature about our clubbing thing.”

“They’re guys, Ashling. Of course they’re immature.” Anzu says. “Now let me guess: they didn’t like your clubbing outfit.”

Ashling nods.

“My dad almost didn’t let me out.” Miho remarks, twirling a strand of her curled hair. “But then I promised to wear my long jacket and made a remark of it being no worse than the school uniform.”

Shizuka giggles. “I’m actually surprised Katsuya let me out of the apartment.”

“He probably saw what Mai’s wearing and was happy your skirt is longer than hers.” Anzu says. “Which reminds me, why is Shizuka the only one with a long skirt?”

“Because she’s only a sophomore in high school.” Ashling says. “The rest of us are getting ready to start college and we’re eighteen.”

“Actually, I’m only seventeen.” Anzu points out. “I don’t turn eighteen until August eighteenth.”

“Oh yeah! I can’t believe I forgot that.” Ashling says, feeling rather foolish. “Sorry, Anzu.”

Anzu shrugs. “It doesn’t matter. Now lets get out there and dance and have fun!”

0-0-0

Later that night the girls collapse in exhaustion at their booth after ordering new drinks. For about five minutes they sit there and rest and catch their breath before they start talking.

“So Mai,” Tama deviously peers at the older woman. “the rest of us are all dating or have a crush.” She winks at Anzu, who gives her a ‘tell-an-face-my-wrath’ look. “but what about you?”

“I flirt, not date.” Mai says matter-of-factly. “Having a boyfriend at this time would hinder my dream.”

“Really?” Ashling asks, catching onto Tama’s idea. “It sounds like you’re scared to me.”

“Those so-called ‘men’ are too immature.” Mai says dismissively. “Show me one decent guy who’s not immature, not a slob, and who has a steady job and I may give him a chance. And he needs to look good.” She adds as afterthought.

“Fine.” Tama says. “How about him?” She points over to the bar area at a man around Mai’s age who has wavy black hair bound by a navy blue ribbon and who has deep ocean blue eyes. It’s Blue.

Mai looks over in the direction Tama’s pointing. “Well… He’s cute, I’ll give him that.” She says. “But who is he?”

“Alasdair Albion, but he goes by Blue.” Tama says. “He works for my dad as a bodyguard and it seems Seto has decided to send him to keep an eye on us. How about you go talk to him, Mai? He always gets bored when my brothers have him do this.”

“Yeah, and Blue’s really nice.” Anzu inserts.

Mai sighs and gives in. “Fine. But don’t expect anything to come of this.” She warns before she slides out of the booth and sashays over to the bar, which makes the other girls laugh.

“They’d be so cute together.” Miho breathes.

“Yeah, they would.” Shizuka agrees.

0-0-0

August comes all too soon and along with it comes time for Anzu to leave for New York City and everyone else to prepare for school or college. On Anzu’s last day everyone gathers at Yugi’s house in the shop.

“I can’t believe you’re leaving tomorrow.” Katsuya sadly tells Anzu. “It just won’t be the same without you. I know that going to the school is New York is a dream come true for you, but I can’t help but wish you were starting college here with us.”

“I think Jounouchi has said the one thing all of us have thought at some point or another today.” Mokuba says.

“I’m going to miss all of you guys too.” Anzu says sadly, looking around at all of her friends. “I mean, I’m going to a completely different country. You guys have one another to lean on and I’ll have nobody until I make friends again.”

“Anzu, I’m sure you’ll make friends quickly.” Ashling says. “You’re one of the easiest people to like because you’re so friendly.”

Anzu smiles, appreciative of the compliment. “Thanks, Ashling.”

“Now lets have Anzu’s last day be cheerful!” Liam suggests. “We don’t want her last day with us to be all sad. How about we go to the beach or something.”

“I do love the beach…” Anzu says wistfully.

“To the beach it is!” Yugi says cheerfully. “Volunteers for transportation?”

“I’ll call Blue.” Malik says.

“I’ll call my driver.” Otogi says boredly.

“I’ll call mine so we won’t be packed.” Noa says with a sigh, knowing that Tama and Mokuba will eventually convince him to do so.

They hang out at the beach all day just laughing and having fun. Katsuya, Yugi, and Ryou spend most of the time building a huge sand castle while Seto and Noa sit nearby reading or doing work. Away from them Honda, Anzu, Mokuba, Liam, and Ashling are against Mai, Blue, Otogi, Malik, and Tama in beach volleyball. And cheering on the ten are Miho and Shizuka.

Toward the end of the day they all go play in the water and splash one another and throw a beach ball around. Even Noa joins in, although Tama threatening him with blackmail might have something to do with that.

They don’t get back to their homes until after midnight because Tama and Katsuya insisted on stopping for food and then Ashling got a call from Damian so they were at the restaurant for longer than they needed to be.

0-0-0

The next day Anzu leaves for New York and everyone goes to the airport to see her off. After that they all split up and go keep themselves busy.

Yugi just goes back to his house, not feeling much like doing anything else that day. ‘First Yami leaves and now Anzu is in New York.’ He thinks bitterly. He bumps into someone with dark skin and blonde hair that spikes up wildly.

“Hey! Watch where you’re going!” The man says.

Yugi apologizes without looking up and continues on his way. ‘I hope things start getting better from this point on. I don’t want anyone else I care about to go away.’

0-0-0

Back down the street, the man Yugi ran into stops and stares after him, lowering his dark sunglasses to reveal bottomless dark lilac eyes.

“Mariku, are you coming or not?” One of his companions, a young man with skin the same shade as his and white hair that contrasts sharply with it. Beside him is a young woman with lighter toned skin than theirs and dark red hair and black bangs.

“Yeah, I’m coming.” Mariku says without taking his eyes off of Yugi. “Strange town. That runt looks like Atemu.”

The female shrugs. “Everyone has a twin somewhere, you know that? Maybe you’ll find yours and can torment him.” She smirks. “Or maybe your twin will be the evil twin.”

The other male rolls his eyes. “Yumeri, Mariku is about as evil as it gets.”

“That’s insane.” Mariku corrects. “I’m as insane as it gets. Bakura, you are as evil as it gets.”

“And that leaves Atemu with ‘as good as it gets’.” Yumeri remarks. “Now lets get back to the thrice-damned apartment before ‘as good as it gets’ gets all pissy with us again because he thinks we’re tormenting people in the city.”

“Whoopee.”