Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Family Bonds ❯ Chapter 24: The Epilogue ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Saying that I own Yugioh is like saying that the whole world loves George W. Bush. It just ain't true.

-F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M -I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S-

Chapter 24: The Epilogue
Summer of Year 2028 - 20 Years Later

Domino City

Tama sits comfortable in her leather computer chair, absent-mindedly twirling a strand of her now short dark red and sandy blonde hair around her index finger. Lilac eyes carefully watch the computer screen, waiting for a reply from an old friend. Her lips curve upwards into a smile at the reply she receives and then she leans in and types something back. “Perfect.”

0-0-0

A lot has changed in the twenty years since Anzu left Domino City, most of which are good things.

First there was the return of Yami (now Atemu), Mariku, Bakura, and Yumeri, although it was just them reincarnated so they didn’t remember any of them. Then there was Ashling and Malik’s wedding, which was shortly followed by Ryou and Tama getting locked in a closet together and becoming a couple.

Don’t ask.

There have been many marriages and several people who have moved around. Those who have married are (of course) Malik and Ashling, Bakura and Yumeri, Seto and Katsuya, Atemu and Yugi, Ryou and Tama, Otogi and Shizuka, Honda and Miho, Blue and Mai, Damian and Riley, Liam and Anzu, Mariku and Holly, Noa and Mimi (his maid), and Mokuba and Nixx. Kiba was once married to an English girl and had a daughter, but then they divorced. His daughter lives with him. Now he’s engaged to a pretty Egyptian girl named Sanura, who gets along with him and his daughter.

Ashling, Malik, Liam, and Anzu live together in Virginia at the lake house. Malik and Ashling live in the upstairs part with their three kids; the 15-year-old twins Zahur and Kian and their daughter 12-year-old Ophelia. Liam and Anzu live downstairs with their two kids 9-year-old Yasuo and 5-year-old Neil.

Otogi and Shizuka live in California with their 12-year-old son Kevin. They sometimes get together with Ashling, Malik, Liam, and Anzu and their kids.

Damian and Riley live in a cute cape cod house up in Upstate New York with their 8-year-old daughter Ebony.

Over in Domino City Seto, Katsuya, Mokuba, and Nixx live together with their children. On one side of the mansion is Seto and Katsuya and their four children, the 16-year-old triplets Maiya, Jiro, and Suzu, and 13-year-old Chizu. On the other side are Mokuba and Nixx and their two kids 12-year-old Ryouzen and 11-year-old Kiri.

Tama and Ryou live in the Dragon’s Den with their two kids 16-year-old Amane and 11-year-old Taro. Bakura and Yumeri live right next door to them with their two kids 17-year-old Yasu and 16-year-old Ammon. Right down the road from them are Mariku and Holly and their son Ryan, who is 14-years-old.

Atemu and Yugi live at the game shop with their 17-year-old daughter Suma. Down the road from them are Honda and Miho and their daughter, 7-year-old Miyuki.

Out near where Seto, Katsuya, Mokuba, and Nixx live is Noa, still in the same mansion, with Mimi and their daughter Mimiko, who is 3-years-old.

Blue and Mai have a house in Domino City, although they are rarely there because they travel to different tournaments; Mai to participate in them and Blue to keep an eye on his charges. They have a son named Shigeru who is 12-years-old.

Kojiro still lives in New York, except now he lives in a house instead of an apartment room. It’s small enough for one person but big enough that there’s enough room when he has company. The large carpeted basement helps a lot.

Isis lives in Egypt and works at a museum there. She still lives in her childhood home and is currently seeing someone.
Kiba lives at a nice apartment with his daughter, 8-year-old Yuki, and his fiancé Sanura. They share the entire top floor of the building.

While they have all stayed in touch with one another, and a few have met over the years, they haven’t all been together for twenty years.

Tama has decided to change that.

She has organized a big get-together at the Dragon’s Den and invited everyone to come. Kojiro liked the idea so much that he volunteered to pay for airplane tickets so that everyone could go. That proved to be the most important thing, as that ensured that everyone would be able to go and not worry about having enough money to get overseas.

0-0-0

Backyard of the Bakura Family’s House

Chairs, benches, and towels to sit on have been arranged in a circular pattern toward the back of the yard near a white painted picket fence. Sitting on one of the benches are Ashing and Liam, who are both wearing blue shirts and a pair of jeans.

“This is so exciting.” Ashling breathes. “It’s been so long since we’ve seen everyone.”

“So where’s Tama, Malik, and Anzu go?” Liam asks, looking around. “They were right behind us, weren’t they?”

Ashling shakes her head. “No. Malik and Tama are waiting for Isis to get here and Anzu’s waiting for Jounouchi and Honda. Malik and Tama should be out any time now.”

Right after she says that Malik slides open the glass back door and steps outside while talking to Isis. Malik is wearing a navy blue t-shirt and a pair of black jeans while Isis is wearing an off-white v-neck shirt and a matching long skirt. Different from what she used to wear is Isis’s hairstyle; her hair is shorter than it used to be and she wears it up in a ponytail. In each ear is a pair of gold ankh shaped dangling earrings.

Tama is right behind the two, dressed in a white tank top that has flames on the bottom. Her jeans are the same, except in black instead of white. Around her neck are two necklaces, a black choker with a red ruby in the center of it and a golden chain with an ankh on the end that stays tucked under her shirt. On her upper left arm is a tattooed dragon wing done in black lines.

Malik takes a seat next to Ashling and kisses her on the cheek while Isis sits down on one of the lawn chairs and Tama sits down on one of the towels.

“So where’s your better half?” Liam teasingly asks Tama. Even after all these years have passed, Liam has retained his teasing nature and his ability to remain comfortable around people he hasn’t seen in years.

“Where’s yours?” Tama shoots back, just as playfully. “Ryou’s off getting our neighborhood psychopaths. He’ll be back soon.” She says.

The five of them look up as Seto, Mokuba, and Kiba exit the house, excitedly discussing Kiba’s engagement. Seto is wearing a button-up blue silk shirt and a pair of black pants. His hair is longer than when he was a teen and he keeps it tied back in a small ponytail. In each of his ears is one small gold hoop earrings.

Mokuba is dressed more comfortable than his brother and is wearing an old band t-shirt and a pair of ragged looking jeans that have seen better days. His hair is just as long as it was when he was a kid, if not longer, and he keeps it pulled back in a ponytail now. In each ear he wears two silver hoop earrings and around his neck is an ankh necklace that matches Tama’s.

Kiba’s style has changed the most. Gone are his days of wearing nothing more than band t-shirts, jeans, and growing his hair long. He now wears more professional clothes, like button-up shirts and pants. For the reunion however, he’s wearing a simple dark green t-shirt and a pair of black shorts. His hair is ungelled for the first time in ages and falls softly down by his ears. One thing he has never been able to part with are his earrings and his two tattoos. In one ear he wears just two small silver hoop earrings and in the other are three small silver hoops. His first tattoo is one of his old high school band he was a part of. It’s comprised of a series of stars and curved lines that wrap around his arm along with the words “No fear”, which was both the name of their best song and the name of their band.

They all take seats in different places after greeting the others.

“I take it you got the kids all settled in.” Tama says.

Seto nods. “Yes. They’re all safe with Mimi, Mai, Sanura, and Blue now. Everyone else should arrive soon.”

No sooner after he says that, Damian and Riley walk into the backyard fussing over something stupid. Judging by the way Riley keeps gesturing to the large thing Damian’s carrying, it has something to do with that. Riley’s younger brother, Max, is right behind them adding in his unnecessary two cents when he sees an opening to belittle Damian.

Little has changed for those three; Damian still has long purple hair and still wears all his earrings and purple t-shirts. And he’s still dramatic and obsessed with cats. Riley still has long dark blonde hair and is still serious about acting. She also coaches volleyball, something she loved playing when she was in high school. Max is still a little brat and does everything he can to protect his big sister. He’s now a school-teacher though, something that no one expected.

After those three take their seats, Katsuya, Honda, Miho, and a long-haired Anzu exit the house laughing about something Katsuya said.

Katsuya is wearing a pink button up silk shirt with dog bones on it that Tama got for him as a joke gift several Christmas’s ago and a pair of black pants to go along with it. His blonde hair is the same as always, short enough that he can’t pull it back but long enough that it falls into his eyes. He still wears his old dog tags as well, except now he has a new one that reads, “Property of Seto Muto, if found please return”.

Honda has the same old spike in his brown hair and is wearing a white t-shirt and brown pants that match his old brown coat. Miho hasn’t changed much either, as she still has long light blue hair that she ties back with a yellow ribbon. She’s wearing a pretty light blue skirt and a short sleeve white shirt.

Anzu has changed the most. Instead of having short brown hair, it’s now down to her waist and her bangs softly frame her face. Also changed is her style, since she now doesn’t wear short skirts unless she’s dancing or clubbing. For their reunion she’s wearing a light pink tube top that has an ivy design across the very top and she’s wearing a pair of light blue jeans that have the same ivy design going up the side to her knees.

Yugi and Atemu are after the group of four, shortly followed by Bakura, Yumeri, Mariku, Holly, and an annoyed looking Ryou.

If there’s anyone in the group who hasn’t changed at all it’s Yugi and Atemu. They’re hairstyle hasn’t at all changed in twenty years and neither has their sense of style, although the leather is now (thankfully) gone.

Bakura’s hair is still long and white and Mariku’s is still spiky and wild, just like Yumeri’s hair is still black and dark red. Bakura is wearing a gray t-shirt and a pair of jeans and Mariku is wearing something similar except he’s wearing a blood red shirt. Yumeri has her hair curled and pulled up into a ponytail and is wearing a black tank top and a pair of black shorts. In her ears she wears two large gold hoop earrings. If she were to wear her usual amount of jewelry and a long skirt, she would resemble a gypsy.

Ryou is wearing a light blue shirt and a pair of jeans. He has also pulled his hair back into a ponytail, which is probably the cause of his annoyance. Whenever he pulls his hair into a ponytail Bakura and Mariku, without fail, make fun of him because he looks even more feminine than usual.

They all take their seats as Noa, Nixx, Roman, and Alexandrian arrive. Noa and Nixx are fussing over Mokuba, Noa more to annoy Nixx than anything else, and Roman and Alexandrian are helping Noa.

Otogi and Shizuka are the last to arrive and they walk into the backyard hand-in-hand.

Noa is wearing a plain button-up white shirt and a pair of neatly pressed pants. A tie is loosely draped around his neck. Nixx is wearing a pink shirt, like usual, and is wearing jeans as well. His now short hair is pulled up into a high ponytail. Roman and Alexandrian are dressed identically, just for fun, and are both wearing dark green shirts and navy blue jeans.

Otogi is wearing a simple blue t-shirt and a pair of jeans. His hair is just as long as it was twenty years ago and he still wears it in a ponytail and still wears a headband.

Shizuka’s hair is longer than it was before and it is now more wavy from her gently curling it. She’s wearing a yellow v-neck shirt and a pretty light green skirt.

“Gather ‘round! I absolutely must show you pictures of my adorable children!” Mokuba exclaims, whipping out his wallet.

Tama groans, along with the majority of the group still living in Domino. “Mokuba, we’ve seen those pictures a billion times!” She exclaims. “Is it entirely necessary to bring them out?”

Mokuba just grins and opens his wallet and lets a chain of pictures tumble out until the end reaches the ground. He picks up the end and points to the pink haired, blue eyed child on the left. “This is our oldest and his name is Ryouzen. And she,” He points to the light blue haired, blue-gray eyed child on the right. “is our darling baby girl, Kiri. Isn’t she cute!”

“She’s adorable!” Anzu, Ashling, and Shizuka squeal.

What seems like several hundred pictures of Kiri and Ryouzen Muto later, they reach the end of the photographs with the most recent being Ryouzen scowling and looking away from the camera with his light pink bangs half covering his eyes and face and dressed in all black and Kiri with a bright smile on her face and her hair pulled up into a ponytail and wearing pink.

“Alright everyone, can I have your attention!” Damian shouts, standing up. “I’ve got something to show you all.”

Everyone falls silent and they all look at Damian expectantly.

“Alright, I’ve been working on this for nearly a year now and I’ve finally gotten it finished and can show you.” Damian says, lifting up a large, covered, rectangular object. “I give you, my grand masterpiece!” He gleefully pulls away the cover and steps back to let everyone marvel at it.

The entire gang gasps, even Riley who knew he was painting something, and Mokuba, who also paints.

In the painting are two dragons flying in the sky, one smaller than the other. A silver wolf rests on the edge of the woods with a pure white snow leopard laying beside it. In the middle of the painting is a brown cougar laying beside a golden retriever. Flying with the dragons are two phoenix’s. Hidden elsewhere in the painting are various other animals, each of them representing someone else in the group.

“It’s beautiful.” Riley breathes. “So this is what you’ve been working on all this time.” She steps forward and hugs him, giving him a quick kiss on the lips. “I’m sorry for yelling at you.”

“Forgiven.” Damian whispers, kissing her.

Ashling and Liam exchange glances and grin childishly before saying, “Awww!” And then they break out into song. “Dami’ and riley sittin’ in a tree!”

“Now excuse me, for I have a pair of twins to declare war on.” Damian tells Riley, before he starts chasing Ashling and Liam.

The twins squeal before they jump up and start running around the yard with Damian chasing afte them. Everyone else laughs at their antics, but make no moves to get up and join them.

Holly leans back into Mariku’s embrace and sighs softly. “It’s such a wonderful summer.”

“Yes.” Mariku agrees, kissing the top of her head. “Yes, it is.”

-END-

-F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L -Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S-

Shiro: Well, happy holidays everyone. This is my gift to you all. And don't worry, there's still more to come. I've got to go over all the in-between scenes and there's still more interlude's.