Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ First and Lost Love ❯ Life Without You ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own YGO…maybe a small piece of the Tristan/Joey relationship in one tiny universe, but other than that natta. I also don't own Tell Me Where You Are by Ago. ~lyrics~
Tristan's POV for those who can't tell.
 
**********
 
Life Without You
 
Another long day of slaving away in an office cubicle, and what do my eyes have to catch as I walk in the door? The picture of you and me on the mantle. How long has it been since that happy day we spent in Tahiti? Ten…Fifteen years? We were so young and carefree…or at least we liked to think so.
 
~Life without you
is just right,
can't you see?~
 
We always said it would be forever. First in our friendship, kicking butts and taking names. Then in our love, standing up to our parents and the world. Guess forever's not as long as we thought. It seems to be far past.
 
~I feel fine
since you're gone,
should I say disappeared~
 
Don't think you hurt me when you walked out that door and never came back. I drove you away. It must have been for your own good…our own good. I've gone on fine. I proved I didn't need you. See? Those are not tear tracks. I just got dust in my eyes again. I really need to clean this place up.
 
~I kept holding all my tears
since I saw you for the last time~
 
I haven't cried and I'm not going to. It would have done no good. I wasn't good enough for you. You needed the adventures that a life on the road could bring you. I would have just held you down. I hope you know that. We both know how the world felt about us…and maybe they were right…
 
~I've been through another year
I must say that I am stronger...~
 
And maybe you would have held me down as well. With you gone, my grades shot up, I finished college, and now have a great desk job at Kaiba Corp. I'm an accountant. Suit, tie, briefcase and all. It ain't flashy, but I'm happy. Right?
 
~But tell me where you are,
where you're sleeping at night,
tell me who do you love now,
who do you miss now?~
 
So if I'm so happy, why do I toss and turn in a cold, empty bed every night? Why do I still wake up every morning expecting you to be there?
 
Why can't I move on? I imagine you have. With your charms, you probably have someone in every place you go. I bet you've never alone unless you want to be.
 
~Tell me what you see
when you're closing your eyes
If you ever remember
when I was by your side.~
 
And I bet you never even think of me. I was just your first love, right? That warm little childhood thing you never think of ever again.
 
We had so much…Joey…Love…Why did you never come back to me?
 
~when I was by your side~
 
TBC…