Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ First and Lost Love ❯ AM I? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Still own no more that I did in the last chapter. Especially Am I On Your Mind by Oxygen. ~lyrics~
Joey's POV.
 
*******************
 
Am I?
 
Looking out at Domino for the city limits, I gotta wonder why I stayed away so long. This is and has always been home to me. I shouldn't have run. Now I have `ta wonder if I'm welcome back.
 
~I'm searchin' my soul tonight
It's breakin' my heart
I'm wearin' this mask tonight
But I'm falling apart~
Gunning the engine on my bike, I have to think of you. I always do. It seems to purr your name to me. You taught me how to ride one of these things. Then you taught me how to drive it. With every dip and turn, I can still hear your voice in my ear, telling me just what to do. I wish it were more than a memory.

~Am I somewhere in the corners of your mind?
Do you see me when you close your eyes at night? ~
 
I miss you, ya know. Not just your steady voice guiding me from the back of a motorcycle. The way just holding your hand sent sparks up my arm. The thrill of kicking the crap out of bunch of guys in a back ally together. The way your smile could make everything right, no matter what. I miss it all.
 
Especially sleeping next to you. I don't think I've had a truly restful sleep since the day I stormed out on you…

~I will love you 'till the sun no longer shines
Am I far away or am I on your mind? ~
Gods Tris! Why did I run away? Why did my stinking pride keep me away so long? I love you! I've admitted it so many times, so why did I run? If I walked up to your door right now, would you even think of taking me back?
 
You've got to hate me by now.
 
~Am I on your mind?
Am I on your mind?~
 
Guess I'll find out soon, won't I?

~I'm searchin' my soul tonight
I'm down on my knees
I'm tryin' to get myself together
I'm tryin' to breathe ~
 
When I called your Mom to find out where you're living, I shouldn't have been surprised she didn't want to talk to me. I must'a hurt you pretty bad. Took me almost forever to wiggle out your address. I haven't been yelled at like that since…well since your Dad, rest his forgiving soul, first found out about the, advancement, of our relationship.
 
I know I deserved everything she said. I just hope…a lot of things tonight.
 
~Am I somewhere in the corners of your mind?
Do you see me when you close your eyes at night?~
 
Pulling up to your apartment complex, and I'm having second thoughts. What if I'm making a mistake? What if you really do hate me? I've finally mustered the courage to come back. I don't know if I could take seeing hatred in those beautiful browns. Gods, I'm an idiot…

~I will love you till the sun no longer shines
Am I far away or am I on your mind? ~
I go to turn around and realize I'm already standing outside your door. I could still turn back. You'd never know I was even here. You'd never have to see my…
 
And then the door opens.

~Am I on your mind? ~
TBC…
 
A.N.: I may not be able to post the last chapter to this on ff.net. If I can, I will. Otherwise it'll be up everywhere else I post. Including AdultFF.net. Well if things go as planned… Just check my posting LJ (Faith_Lebeau)