Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Guardian Angel ❯ Raphael's story ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

New chapter of `Guardian Angel'! WHOO! ^_^ As I stated before in the last chapter, there will be some character bashing. HEY! I remembered without looking back at the last chapter! ^-^ -raises the roof-
 
Yenchna and Kentuski: Really? Phew, I thought I sucked at the doctor stuff, but it turns out that I ROXXORZ! ^-^
 
Lily Fairy: Yeah, I know. Stupid little kids. -kills them- Ugly cross-dresser? <.<;;
 
Seto: WHAT WAZZAT?! Did you just insult my boyfriend?! DIIIIIE!
 
Stupid Seto. -kills him- He's not ugly, just um.. Not the best looking guy on the face of the anime planet. ^^; Oh, and why can't Kyoshi tell him? I can't tell you that, you'll have to wait and find out. =P
 
Kyoshi: Yu-Gi-Oh does not belong to Danielle, only Damian and I, and the plot. ^-^ But Katsuya does belong to me!
 
-_-; No he doesn't, you weirdo. And why are you doing the disclaimer?
 
Kyoshi: Damian said he would give me 50 dollars to do it! ^__^ I gotta make money somehow.
 
Look you, get back to the story, I wanna start this thing before the beginning Authoress's note gets to be a page long.
 
Kyoshi: Okay. Katsuya, here I come! -runs away-
 
 
Jounouchi woke up from a dream, he sat up in his bed and looked around.
 
“Man, I had the weirdest dream that some chick was writing a fanfiction about me, Kyoshi was saying some crap about stuff, and Seto was gonna kill some Lily chick.” He said to himself. He got out of bed and opened the curtains, boy was it bright out!
 
“Katsuya, someone is on the phone fo- OH MY GOSH!! Oh, you have boxers on, okay.” Kyoshi yelled, running into Jounouchi's room.
 
“This early? It's not even 8:30, you sure it isn't a prank call?” Jounouchi asked.
 
“I'm sure, the person on the other line said she wanted to speak to you. I was going to tell her you were asleep, but she said it was an emergency.” Kyoshi explained, handing Jounouchi the phone. He left the room to make something to eat, leaving Jounouchi standing there staring.
 
“Uh, hello?” Jounouchi said into the phone.
 
“Heya Katsuya, it's me, Mai! As if you needed to know that. Ahahahahaha!!” Mai laughed into the phone, because she's annoying.
 
“Oh. Hi Mai, what's the emergency? Kyoshi said you had to talk to me.” Jounouchi asked.
 
“Kyoshi? Is that his name? Well whatever, anyway, I want you to come visit me. We don't hang out as much as we used to, I miss talking to you.” Mai replied.
 
“That... was your emergency?” Jounouchi asked, a bit of a scowl to his voice.
 
“Um, yeah, it was.” Mai replied, as if he should've known that.
 
“Uh.. Alright, I'll come over after breakfast, okay?” Jounouchi said.
 
“Great! See you then!” Mai replied happily, and hung up. Jounouchi rolled his eyes and also hung up. As much of a friend as Mai was, she could be so annoying at times. He got dressed in his clothes from Season 1, and headed down the stairs.
 
“Wowwwwwwww! Something smells good!” Jounouchi said, walking into the kitchen. Kyoshi jumped up in surprise.
 
“AHH! Oh, hi Katsuya! What was the woman's emergency?” Kyoshi asked, turning around to face Jounouchi. Jounouchi sat down at the table. (the room is a kitchen/dining room)
 
“Mai wanted me to go visit her, so I'm gonna go to her apartment after breakfast.” Jounouchi replied. Kyoshi turned off the stove and set a plate in front of Jounouchi, and then sat down with his own food.
 
“Um.. Is she dying?” Kyoshi asked, looking at his fork.
 
“No.. Why?” Jounouchi asked, a bit worried about why Kyoshi would be asking such a morbid question.
 
“Well I thought she had an emergency, that's all..” Kyoshi said, looking at his plate of eggs. Jounouchi took a bite of his eggs and swallowed.
 
“Yeah.. Well.. She thinks a broken nail is an emergency, so I'm kind of used to it. Wow, these are good eggs!” Jounouchi replied, taking a bite of his food.
 
“Yeah.. Well my parents are good cooks.” Kyoshi said, still looking at his eggs.
 
“Um.. Are you going to eat at all? You're just staring at the food like it's going to get up and dance or something.” Jounouchi asked.
 
“Huh? Oh, um.. Right.” Kyoshi picked up his fork and started eating his eggs, Jounouchi would look up at him every couple of minutes.
 
“Are you okay? You are acting kind of odd this morning.” Jounouchi asked.
 
“Yes.. I am fine.” Kyoshi replied.
 
“It's probably due to donating so much blood, you might be feeling sluggish or something, maybe.” Jounouchi said. Kyoshi looked at him for a minute, then went back to eating.
 
 
“Well, I'm going now! If you need me, uh.. I dunno. Hope you know Mai's phone number.” Jounouchi said, looking at Kyoshi.
 
“Alright! Have a good time.” Kyoshi replied. Jounouchi pat him on the shoulder, and left the house.
 
 
Jounouchi knocked on the door to Mai's apartment. There was a moment of silence, then Mai opened the door.
 
“Hey Katsuya, come in, come in!” Mai said, moving a bit so Jounouchi could come in. Jounouchi took off his shoes and sat on the couch. Mai sat down next to him.
 
“So how have you been?” Jounouchi asked.
 
“Oh, I've been fantastic! How about you?” Mai asked.
 
“Pretty good. `Lotta stuffs been happening lately, but other then that, I'm good.” Jounouchi answer. Mai rested her chin in her hand.
 
“What kind of stuff?” She asked.
 
“Well, first off, a little over a week ago, some thugs tried killing me, some time later my dad came home, lying that he was sent home from his facility early, when in fact he burned the place down, then some freak sucked my blood, and yesterday I went to the hospital.” Jounouchi explained, panting due to so much talking. (-GASP-)
 
“You went to the hospital?!” Mai asked.
 
“Yeah I-“
 
“AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME?!?! KATSUYA JOUNOUCHI HOW DARE YOU?! AFTER ALL I DO FOR YOU!!” Mai screamed. Jounouchi just blinked, not sure of what to do.
 
“Uh.. Mai, it's not like there was much I could do. And besides, I wasn't there for too long, Kyoshi donated blood so I could go home.” Jounouchi said.
 
“OH! So now we're on Kyoshi, huh?!” Mai yelled angrily. Jounouchi looked around, he had seen Mai angry, but today she was going off like a bomb.
 
“Uh.. No, I was just telling you why I wasn't there for that much time.” Jounouchi replied. Mai was beyond angry, she got up quickly from the couch.
 
“Why don't you ever pay attention to me?! You spend all your time with your friends and that stupid kid Kyoshi who you seem to LOOOOOVE so much! I'm here too you know, so talk to me!” Mai screamed. Jounouchi, who was trying to remain calm, was now furious.
 
“Look here, Mai! The whole Frickin' world doesn't revolve around you! I'm sorry I haven't been hanging around with you as much as I used to, I tried calling awhile back, but you weren't home! I can't spend every second at your side! And one more thing, don't you ever.. EVER call Kyoshi a stupid kid, got that?! Goodbye!” Jounouchi put his shoes back on and left the house in a huff.
 
 
Kyoshi sat on the couch reading a mythology book he had found in Jounouchi's room, when there was a knock on the door. He set the book down on the table and walked toward the door. He opened it, Bandit Keith and Raphael were there.
 
“Uh, you're not Jounouchi.” Bandit Keith said, taking his sunglasses off and putting them in his vest pocket.
 
“No.. Sorry, he went out.” Kyoshi said.
 
“Can we come in?” Raphael asked, obviously thinking polite, unlike his American partner-in-crime. Kyoshi turned his attention from Bandit Keith to Raphael, he looked up and down at him.
 
“Hey, uh I know you might find him attractive and all, but that's kind of creepy.” Bandit Keith said. (Don't take that the wrong way, Bandit Keith is NOT with Raphael.)
 
“Huh? Oh, uh.. Sorry. Yes, you both may come in.” Kyoshi replied. Bandit Keith and Raphael walked into the house.
 
“Hey, I think I saw you before. Yeah, last time we were here, you were behind Jounouchi.” Bandit Keith said.
 
“Oh, didn't you give Katsuya money or something? Because a guy named Ryou was in the hospital?” Kyoshi asked, looking at Raphael again.
 
“Um.. Yeah, we did.” Raphael replied, a bit un-nerved by Kyoshi's staring.
 
“Well now that we're on the subject, we need the money back! Where did you guys put it?” Bandit Keith asked. Kyoshi stopped looking at Raphael to face him.
 
“I'm not sure, but I believe Katsuya hid it in the hamper.” Kyoshi answered. Bandit Keith turned to look at Raphael.
 
“Hey, I'm going to go upstairs to get the money then, okay? How about you stay down here and get to know.. Uh..” Bandit Keith started.
 
“Kyoshi.” Kyoshi said.
 
“Wow, nice name. I'm Keith Howard, although most people just call me Bandit Keith, and this guy here is my good friend Raphael!” Bandit Keith introduced. He walked up the stairs in search of where the hamper was.
 
“Um.. I think I might know you, or have heard about you.” Kyoshi said to Raphael. Raphael looked at him.
 
“Uh, yeah. I was here with Keith awhile ago.” Raphael replied.
 
“No, that's not what I meant.. You just seem... so familiar.. I don't know how to explain it.” Kyoshi said. Raphael scratched his head, he wasn't sure what to say.
 
“Um..” Raphael replied.
 
“I FOUND IT!” Came a yell from upstairs. A moment later, Bandit Keith was running down the stairs with a bag in his arms.
 
“That was fast.” Raphael said.
 
“Yeah, well, I'm psychic, I knew where the hamper was right away! Anyway, let's go ang-“ Raphael quickly placed his hand on Bandit Keith's mouth to stop him from talking.
 
“Quiet! I told you not to call me that in front of people!” Raphael yelled.
 
“Huh? call you what in front of people?” Kyoshi asked, tilting his head.
 
“N-nothing! Nothing at all, just a stupid name, uh.. We should be going!” Raphael replied quickly. Bandit Keith laughed a bit, which earned him a smack to the head.
 
“Ang...? ANGEL!” Kyoshi yelled. Bandit Keith pushed Raphael's hand away and started laughing, while Raphael just looked at Kyoshi.
 
“Wow, this kid is smarter then I thought! Wow! I hope he doesn't like, tell the media!” Bandit Keith said, still laughing. Raphael glared at him.
 
“Come here kid, let's talk.” Raphael said, grabbing Kyoshi's arm and walking into the living room, leaving Bandit Keith in the hallway to laugh like there was no tomorrow.
 
“Look kid, you found out my secret, okay? You better not go blabbing it out to ANYONE, I don't want the media knocking on my door.” Raphael said threateningly.
 
“Um.. Okay. I have a question though.. How did you come down here?” Kyoshi asked.
 
“Huh?” Raphael replied, not understanding what Kyoshi meant.
 
“What I mean is.. Usually in heaven, you can only come here if you get permission to do so, which you can only get if you are a `Guardian'. You aren't a guardian, unless your file was lost somehow. So how did you come down here?” Kyoshi explained.
 
“Wait a minute...” Raphael started.
 
“Please answer my question.” Kyoshi said.
 
“Okay. Well.. Parts of my past of when I was younger then four were always kind of a blur to me, as hard as I tried to remember it, I just... couldn't. I always asked my Mom and Dad what I was like at that age, they never told me though.. When I turned 12, (I'm pretty sure he was that old ^^;;) my family and I went on a cruise, there was a big tornado, my family was killed in it, while I was left on a deserted island. Awhile after I had gotten off of the island, I got into an accident, and I had to go to the hospital. I had given the doctor there my name, but...” Raphael started explaining.
 
“But what?” Kyoshi asked.
 
“But he said that there was no one by that name. I thought it was just a mistake that a computer made, so I asked them if they were sure there was no one by that name. They told me that if I really wanted to make sure, I could ask a police station. And so I went off to a police station, they did searches, and the doctor was right, that name didn't exist. They checked to see if that name existed through adoption, but it didn't...” Raphael continued.
 
“Please go on.” Kyoshi said.
 
“Two years ago, a man came to me one day. He had these gorgeous wings on his back, he told me why my name didn't exist, because technically, I didn't exist. He told me that when I was four years old, I had went a little too far off of a cloud, and I had fallen. He told me that... I was an angel.” Raphael finished.
 
“Wow.. That.. That's why you seem so familiar. I used to hear stories when I was younger about the fallen angel Raphael.” Kyoshi said. “But.. I do not get it. You are never supposed to tell humans about being an angel, how does Keith know you are one?”
 
“I found out by myself, by mistake.” Bandit Keith said, walking into the room.
 
“By mistake?” Kyoshi asked.
 
“Yeah.. Raphael was changing his shirt one day, while I was making some coffee. Well, I had forgotten how Raphael liked his coffee, so I barged into his room, that's when I caught sight of his wings. At first I thought they were strap on wings, so I pulled at one. When he was wincing in pain, and yelling profanity at me to knock it off, I kind of got what was going on.” Bandit Keith explained.
 
“I never thought I would meet you in person.” Kyoshi said, looking at Raphael.
 
“Yeah, but hold on a minute. How do you know all these things?” Raphael asked, crossing his arms.
 
“Um.. You see... I am.. An angel also..” Kyoshi said, looking at the floor. Bandit Keith stared at him.
 
“Really? Does Jounouchi know about this?” Raphael asked. Kyoshi was still looking at the floor.
 
“No, and he never can. If he did, I would have to go away, and then who would protect him?” Kyoshi replied. Bandit Keith chuckled.
 
“Jounouchi, protection? Yeah, right.” He said. “But then again, he can be kind of uh... clueless at times, so I guess that would make sense.”
 
“Well, we should be going. We've been here longer then we meant to be, so we're going to go.” Raphael said.
 
“Alright. Bye!” Kyoshi replied. Raphael and Bandit Keith opened the door and left.
 
 
An hour later, Jounouchi came home. He walked into the living room, Kyoshi was sleeping on the couch. (He can only take so much explanation at a time) Jounouchi smiled at him. Kyoshi woke up and got up from the couch, looking at him.
 
“Jounouchi?” Kyoshi asked, rubbing his eye.
 
“Sorry, did I wake you?” Jounouchi asked.
 
“No, you didn't. I thought you were at Mai's house.. Why are you back so soon?” Kyoshi asked.
 
“She called you stupid.” Jounouchi replied.
 
“What?” Kyoshi asked.
 
“Um.. I have something I need to tell you...” Jounouchi said.
 
“Okay, what is it?” Kyoshi asked. Jounouchi sat down on the couch, grabbing Kyoshi's arm and pulling him down next to him.
 
“I... I.. I like you, as more then a friend.” Jounouchi said. Kyoshi looked at him and blinked. He shook his head quickly and ran up the stairs.
 
Jounouchi was now staring at the space Kyoshi was sitting at. “Man.. I knew I should've kept my big mouth shut..”
 
 
Dun dun DUNNNNN! Wow, I didn't think I would be able to type this up so quickly. I don't know how you guys liked what I wrote about Raphael, but to tell you the truth, that always comes in my head when I see him. I mean, why DOES he have transparent wings? And Kyoshi is just there sucking all of what Raphael is telling him up with a straw. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
 
Damian: I didn't! Where am I in it?
 
Well you were off.. Doing stuff.
 
Damian: I'm an important character too you know! Not just Kyoshi and Joey!
 
It's Jounouchi here.
 
Damian: Who the hell cares? You know what?! I'm gonna go get a hot date and leave this hell-hole! -grabs Hiroto and storms off-
 
Hiroto: Whoa man! Who the hell are you?!
 
Damian: I'm your date, now lets go!
 
Hiroto: Uh.. Okay! You're cute anyway! ^-^ -leaves with Damian-
 
Uh.. As I said before, hope you all enjoyed this chapter! See ya!