Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Hikari no Itai ❯ Hello ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Itai no Hikari
by: Pingpong




Disclaimer: I have nothing to do, so I'm writing these. I have writer's block and these stories won't leave me alone!!! So I own nothing, not this computer, not this song, not the characters I use, except Jiyuu and Kirei. >_< life sucks…



Chapter 1: Hello



The rain came down in drizzling sheets as Bakura watched his hikari run out into the oncoming night. As he watched the pitiful mortal run away from his problems, he caught the fleeting thought his light threw into the wind. Bakura smiled; Ryou thought desperately that that was going to be the last beating that the hikari took from his Yami.

But Ryou would be back; he always came back. Because he was weak and you can't run away from weakness.

Playground school bell rings again
rain clouds come to play again
has no one told you she's not breathing?
hello I'm your mind giving you someone to talk to
hello

Ryou ran along the rain slicked streets, his breath coming in short wheezing pants. His chest hurt where Bakura had kicked him earlier and he pushed himself as hard as he could. He had to get as far away from Bakura as he could. That was the last time that he would let Bakura beat him. This time he would take a stand and be strong.

We he finally stopped, he was all the way across town from his house at Inochi Park. He was completely exhausted, his hair hanging in his face, weighed down by the rain. With a few more steps he would be in Inochi Park.

if I smile and don't believe
soon I know I'll wake from this dream
don't try to fix me I'm not broken
hello I'm the lie living for you so you can hide
don't cry

As he walked to a protected circle of trees where he went to be alone sometimes, he thought of how long it had been since he had really smiled, not faking it for the sake of his friends. He sat down and sighed, safe at last. Just then, there was a rustle in the bushes to his right and a pretty girl stepped out of the bushes, her pale skin clearly showing the bruises covering her body. As the gentle wind blew her hair from side to side, Ryou noticed she had been crying.

There was another sound and a black haired boy stumbled into the clearing, blood running down his face and arms, mixing with tears and rain as he sobbed from the pain.

Then it dawned on Ryou as he felt the pureness radiating from these two; they were hikaris, they were lights to some darkness out there. The hikari smiled, they were friends in his darkest hour, for he couldn't tell his other friends about Bakura, they wouldn't understand. But the girl's blue eyes were full of that very same understanding as she traced the cuts and bruises that marred her arms and face and watched him and the boy collapsed in a heap, his whimpers softer now as the rain washed away the blood. Yes, they were friends.

suddenly I know I'm not sleeping
hello I'm still here
all that's left of yesterday