Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ How'd it Get to This? ❯ Trouble Lurking in the Fields ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kurayami24: -.- This is sooooo late. But, nothing could help that.
 
Kurai: Sure, whatever. It could've been avoided, just go on strike against your teachers!
 
Kurayami24: if only I could. (sigh)
 
Kurai: Well, who's stopping you?
 
Kurayami24: nobody, I guess.
 
Kurai: Tch, some positive attitude you have. (sarcastic)
 
Kurayami24: Yeah, whatever. Just say the disclaimer so we can get on with the story.
 
Kurai: Sure. Kura doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh! or any of its corresponding characters! Only Greaver the shadow demon!
 
`blah' - Thinking
blah - Ryou talking to Bakura
blah - Bakura talking to Ryou
 
 
Chapter 5: Trouble Lurking in the Fields
 
“Hey Bakura! You alive?!” Tea yelled out, not seeing Bakura anywhere. “Hello!!”
 
“As I was saying…” Ryou started, but was interrupted by Tea's loud yelling. “She wants you Baky.”
 
“Fine. Whatever. I'll finish this conversation with you later.” Bakura said as he pulled himself out of his conversation with Ryou. “What the hell do you want woman!?”
 
“I just wanted to tell you that I'm going out!” Tea said as she grabbed a basket and headed out the door.
 
“Out where? To do what?” Bakura asked, thinking that Tea was an idiot for even thinking about going outside.
 
“To find some form of edible vegetation.” Tea said she turned her head ever-so slightly.
 
“Why the hell would you want to do that?” Bakura said, getting this really strange urge to scratch his head in a confused manner. “You better not be making me do things Ryou.” Bakura warned him.
 
“Like what?” Ryou asked, laughing. “If you mean the scratching the head thing, that was all you. You were making me do it.”
 
“I'd never do such a thing.” Bakura denied, blushing slightly.
 
“Sure you wouldn't.” Ryou smirked slightly. “Know what I think? I think you should go with her.”
 
“Have you lost your mind?!” Bakura yelled at him, his face still a beautiful shade of red. “Why the hell would I do that?!”
 
“Why are you being so defensive? It was a simple suggestion.” Ryou said, smirking as if he knew something.
 
“Argh, shut up. Me being defensive has nothing to do with anything.” Bakura said as he glanced over at Tea. “Hey woman, I'm coming with you.”
 
“I knew you wouldn't leave her alone!” Ryou squealed happily.
 
“…Shut up.”
 
”Huh? Why Bakura? I can do it all by myself thankyouverymuch.” Tea said defiantly.
 
“Hn. No reason.” “Don't you dare say anything Ryou.” Bakura warned Ryou mentally.
 
“Who said I was going to?” Ryou laughed as he did an impersonation of Bakura. “Hey woman, I'm coming with you! Ha! No reason, yeah right.”
 
“Ryou…If you don't shut that damn mouth of yours, I'm going to do it for you.” Bakura growled out.
 
“Eep! Okay, okay! Fine! I'll keep quiet! Just remember, don't do anything funny with her!” Ryou laughed as he “cut off” his connection with Bakura.
 
“RYOU!!!!!!” Bakura yelled at him angrily, but Ryou successfully blocked him out. “Who cares woman. I'm coming.”
 
“Fine, suit yourself.” Tea said as she shrugged and left.
 
A few minutes later, they found themselves…completely lost. Somehow they came upon a forest that didn't seem to be there on their first trip.
 
“Oww! Geez, I wish that people would warn us when weird things start to happen, like forests popping out of nowhere!” Tea said as she recovered after tripping on a root.
 
“Woman, you better start watching where you're going.” Bakura grumbled, but Tea saw that he was trying to make her feel better, he just wasn't saying it.
 
“I'm fine, Bakura. Especially that you're he- Eep!” Tea started, but quickly covered her mouth lest something important be let out. `I can't tell him that! Yeah, like I can say, “Hey! Bakura! Wanna know something? I've had this weird crush on you ever since I first met you! Isn't that funny?” Heh, he'd probably freak out.'
 
“Especially that I'm what?” Bakura asked, genuinely curious.
 
“Nothing.” Tea blushed quickly.
 
“Baky! I think something's wrong! I sense, a presence. Not a normal presence either.” Ryou told him quickly.
 
“Since when were you able to sense unusual presences?” Bakura asked as he too sensed the presence. “It feels sort of like…no…it couldn't be.”
 
“What does it feel like? Huh Bakura?” Ryou asked quietly, even though he knew it wouldn't hear him.
 
“It feels like one of the creatures that I met in the Shadow Realm during Battle City.” Bakura said as he located the presence's location. “Come out you fiend!”
 
“Well well well. If it isn't Bakura, the little lost soul.” A voice chuckled from the shadows.
 
“Show yourself you coward!” Bakura yelled at him. “Greaver the shadow! Come out!”
 
“Ahh, so you do remember me. I was starting to wonder if you did or not.” Greaver chuckled again as he revealed himself. He was a shadow darker than the darkest black. It seemed that if he were to touch you, all your hopes, dreams, love, and life would be sucked right out of you.
 
“Why the hell would I forget!” Bakura yelled at him as he stood by Tea, protecting her from any harm that might come.
 
“I don't really know. But some do tend to forget beings that they meet in the Shadow Realm.” Greaver said as he moved closer. Tea noticed that the grass and shrubs below him began to wilt quickly and fade into nothingness.
 
“What kind of creature is he Bakura?” Tea whispered fearfully.
 
“He's nothing but a shadow of a creature that once ruled the ancient lands of Egypt. His name is Greaver, the lord of the world. He certainly earned that name by his fearful demeanor that he normally is showing.” Bakura whispered back.
 
“How are we supposed to defeat a creature like that?” Ryou asked as he looked warily at Greaver.
 
“I don't know Ryou. I seriously don't know.” Bakura admitted reluctantly.
 
(.)(.)(.)
 
Kurayami24: I guess I'll end it on that note. The story seems to be taking more of a…mysterious thriller theme rather than a romantic-comedy. (nods)
 
Kurai: Then why don't you change the category to something else?
 
Kurayami24: I guess I could…anyway… please read and review!