Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Inner Struggles ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ok disclaimer…hmm…ok ok I got one. I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh *big sigh* Kazuki Takahashi does…or at least he created it. * bows down and praises Kazuki Takshashi statue* sorry about that …hehe *clears throat* on with Chapter 5!

Chapter 5 - A new twist on things…. Joey's P.O.V

I walked upto da door and lightly knocked. Man this rain really sucks; I'm soaked to da bone. The door opens slowly. It's Bakura. Great just what I need...here come da insults.

"What the hell do you want?" he spits angrily.

"Is that any way to talk to a friend of Ryou's, Bakura?" I respond sarcastically. Score, one point for Joey Wheeler.

"I don't like to repeat myself mutt! Now what do you want? Make it quick I don't have time to waste on a pitiful excuse for a mortal like you!" he repeated again. I'm getting the feelin' Bakura doesn't like me too much. Hell, what am I sayin' Bakura doesn't like anyone but himself.

"Here these are Ryou's books...he left dem at my house the other day, I figured he might have needed dem." I stated while handing the books to the seemingly unimpressed fair-haired teen. He snatched the books outta my hands and continued to glare at me, signaling me to leave.

"So..." I start, trying to break the awkward silence. "Where's Ryou at?" I question, while trying to look inta da darkened house.

"Not here," he responds coldly while turning his back ta me.

"What do ya mean not here?" I inquire again as I push past the scantly clad teen and walk inta da house.

"Look you dog, he isn't here I thought he was with you and the twerp?" he responds while making his way to the kitchen and pours himself a glass of water.

"Uhhh...no, I haven't seen him since lunch today and I was just at Yug's place ...he isn't there." I glance at the chocolate coloured eyed teen just in time to see him spit a mouthful of water back inta da sink.

"What do you mean he wasn't there!? Where the hell would he go?" Bakura spat angrily while slamming the glass onta the table. Oh damn Bakura's angry, okay play it cool Joey…remain calm.

"I...I…I…don't know!" I nervously blurt out and cringe away from the spirit of the ring. Way to keep your cool Joey. Bakura growls and storms out of the kitchen, not before pushing me inta da wall of course and knocking over a few valuables. Ryou's gonna be pissed. Oh well not my problem. Now where did Bakura go?

"Bakura? Where'd ya go?" I shout while walking around the now trashed living room. Damn, looks like a twister went through here. I start to walk over to the couch but a loud crunch stops me in my tracks. I look down and notice a broken picture frame and glass. I slowly bend down ta get a better look. Hey, it's the picture from Ryou's birthday party at the Turtle Game shop. Oh man that was fun….all that food. I grin reminiscing about the buffet table. I pick up da picture and look at my friend's faces. There's Yugi, headlight eyed kid…always smiling. Tea, annoying at times with those friendship speeches but her heart is in da right place. Tristan, da big goon. I give a chuckle. One of my best buds. Then there's Ryou. So innocent and kind. He always knows what to say. Then there's me grinning away. I look the picture over again and notice something that I'm guessing no had before. There's Bakura in the background. What's he doing? I squint trying to make it out.

"Holy shit!" I yell then quickly cover my mouth for fear of being sent to da shadow realm. No way, Bakura's actually smiling! Damn, that has to be a first. Wait until I tell Ryou. I let out a giggle then place the picture back on the floor where I found it. I get up and dust myself off. I really should find Bakura. Who knows what he is doing to Ryou's house I thought as I casually strode upstairs.

"Bakura?" I question aloud. There's a loud bang and streams of curses coming from a room just down da hall. There he is. I make my way towards da door. I knock lightly.

"Yo, Bakura? I'm coming in," I stated while opening the door and walking in da room, only to be met by a naked Bakura.

"Bakura are yo-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed to high heaven and closed my eyes tightly. I've been blinded!

"MY EYES! MY VIRGIN EYES!"

"VIRGIN EYES?! WHO FUCKED THE REST OF YOUR FACE? BAKA! GET OUT OF HERE YOU HENTAI! I'LL KILL YOU!" he screams back and chucks pillow at me. Luckily it wasn't the lamp, or I'd been a goner.

"I'm going I'm going!" I scream frantically while trying to find my way out of the room only to walk into the wall.

"Owww," I moan.

"OUT NOW!" He yells again and a loud crash sounds close to my head. It must have been the lamp.

"Ok ok!" I open my eyes slightly to see him still standing there in his birthday suit and I quickly rush outta the room and shut the door behind me. Okay, Joey calm down….breathe breathe. You saw something you didn't want to see. Breathe. I lean on the doorframe panting and thinking about how much this incident has scarred me. The door soon opens to reveal a glaring white haired yami. I gulp and try to think of what ta say.

"Uh uh, I'm…s-s-sorry Bakura," I stutter and blush slightly. Man, I'm so dead. Good bye cruel world, Joey Wheeler's going to the big donut shop in the sky. Hey that may not be such a bad thing. Mmmm…donuts.

"Next time you want to see me nude mutt, all you have to do is ask," he gives an evil smirk and heads downstairs.

"Grrrr," I let out a growl and glare at the cocky teen. GAH! I didn't want to see him nude! What the hell? He's worse then Kaiba…no wait no one is worse then Kaiba. I follow Bakura downstairs. He grabs his black trench coat.

"Where are ya going?" I ask as he opens the front door.

"Where the hell do you think I'm going?" he spits back and steps out onta the front porch.

"Its still pretty bad outside, Ryou will come back" I try to reassure even though I was never really good at that. He ignores me and starts walking down the street. He's insane; it's like a hurricane out there. I can't let him go out there alone. Ryou would kill me if he knew I let his yami go out there in this. I let out a sigh.

"Hey Bakura!" I scream over the gusting winds. "I'm comin' with you!" I quickly shut the front door and run after him. Shit man this rain hurts. My feet pound on the cement as the wind pushes me back.

"Bakura! Wait up!" I yell again. This time he stops and turns to me growling. The wind whips threw his hair and the cold rain pelts down on his pale face. His eyes glowing with anger. I finally catch up to him.

"What are you doing following me? What are you a stalker?" he questions angrily and starts walking again, this time at a quicker pace. Almost at a jog.

"No, but I thought you might want some company to wherever you're goin'…plus the weather is really awful, what if somethin' were ta happen ta ya?" I try to reason while picking up my pace as well to keep up with the tomb robber. He gives a snort.

"Kaiba's," he says distastefully.

"Huh?" I question tilting my head in confusion.

"I'm going to Kaiba's," he answers angrily and starts running towards the stoplight. Why would he want to go there? Ryou wouldn't go there would he? Kaiba's a heartless jerk who doesn't care about anyone. He wouldn't pay attention to Ryou. He doesn't pay attention to anyone except Mokuba and maybe me when he's being demeaning and cruel. He always finds a way to make my blood boil. Rich little, snotty nosed, corporate asswipe! Him and all his money, strutting around with that sexy ass of his. `Look at me I'm Seto Kaiba I can do anything and have anyone I want because I'm Seto Kaiba'. Grrr..Kaiba.

"I have a bone to pick with Kaiba anyway," I growl. (A.N- I have a bone to pick with Kaiba…hehe…Joey's a mutt…get it? Anyhoo, enough with the bad jokes)

We both make our way towards Kaiba's mansion full speed. Man I don't think I've ever ran so much in my life. I'm outta shape. I slow down a bit.

"Bakura…" I pant. "slow down….wait….for me." He ignores me yet again and runs full speed across the street and around the corner. Damn he is fast. I guess you have to be stealing all that crap back in Egypt. I let out a chuckle, as a screeching sound of car wheels is heard from around the corner and a loud thud. Sheesh, crazy drivers probably hit another stray cat or something. I better catch upta Bakura, who knows what trouble he might cause next. I start running again.

"Bakura! Wait for me!" I scream as I turn the corner.

"Bak...ur…a," I stop dead in my tracks at the sight before me. I was wrong about the cat. It hadn't been a cat that made that thud. It was Bakura. I stood frozen in terror as I gazed upon the pale and seemingly lifeless body of friend's yami whose head was dripping with his crimson blood. A halo of blood around his head splattered on the cement. I look around frantically trying to see who did this to him, but ta no avail all I could see was a car speeding off in the distance.

"FUCK YOU! YOU CRAZY FUCKING DRIVER!" I scream with tears streaming down my face, hoping maybe that they could hear me. I look back to Bakura. I bend down to his limp body as the rain continues to pour down on the both of us.

"Bakura?" I choke out. "you can't be dead you just can't!" I wipe away the blood from his brow and lift his body from the cement. The blood on the cement slowly starts to trickle away down the nearby sewer. I gulp and feel for his pulse. My cold clammy hand touches his soft, cool neck. I let out a sigh of relief. He's still alive.

"Help! Somebody help me! Help please!" I scream as my voice cracks and I cradle the chocolate-eyed teen in my arms. His blood covers my jacket. I don't care. I look to the sky as thunder and lightening crash around us. My cries for help continue as I glance back down at the body in my arms.

"Bakura...stay with me, your not gonna die, I won't let you!" One of my tears falls down on his eyelids. I let out a sigh as I think to myself. Will those warm chocolate eyes open again? I can only hope…not just for my sake, but for Ryou's too.

WOHOOOO Chapter 5 is done …GO ME!

Bakura: You…YOU KILLED ME! *lunges at Pheonix*

Ryou: YEAH! YOU KILLED MY YAMI! *helps Bakura tie Pheonix up*

HEY! Bakura you're not dead, can't you read!

Bakura: But I'm critically injured! And to make matters worse I have the mutt cradling me! I'll probably get fleas!

Joey: HEY! I resent that, I don't got fleas!

Think about it, I could have made it worse *wiggles to try and get free* you guys cannot do this to me! I'm the authoress! Seto help me!

Seto: Ha yeah right…you let the mutt bash me in that chapter no way *turns his back on Pheonix*

Noooooooooo…please Seto, Joey …anybody help m- *gets sock shoved in mouth by Bakura*

Bakura: There that should do it…*dusts hands off*

MMMPH MMHHPPPPH HMMMHP MMPH *wiggles around in chair*

Joey: What did she say?

Ryou: *giggles* I think she said Read and Review

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMHPPPHHHHPHPH!!!!!

Ryou: See ya all next chapter! ^_^