Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Inner Struggles ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Me no own! Me no own! Don't sue popopopleasseee!

Chapter 6 - Ryou's POV

"Do you hear that?" I questioned the cerulean-eyed teen as I looked out the window of the large mansion. It was really bad outside so I squinted in hopes to see where the siren noise was coming from.

"Sirens," the CEO replied while turning his back to the chocolate-eyed teen. "probably another break and enter or some punk kids trying to knock over a 711." He answers coldly. I can tell he is starting to get fed up with me. I've been here for the past hour now working on our math assignment. I can tell he wants me to go but he doesn't say it, I would rather stay here than go home. Bakura's at home. I still can't believe he did that. I let out a sigh and start drawing pictures on the window.

"Stop that," a cold voice interrupts my picture making. "I just had those windows cleaned I don't want your filthy prints all over them."

"Sorry," I reply and wipe the window clean with my shirt and continue my gazing. The siren noise is still ringing. I raise a brow and look beyond the gates of the Kaiba Mansion.

"Seto…the siren's are coming from outside your mansion," I state as I stand up to get a better view.

"There better not be any damage done to my property or I will sue!" the brunet says angrily as he marches over to the window and peers out. He lets out a growl and heads towards the front door.

"Wait for me!" I cry as I chase after the CEO and run out into the horrid storm. The brunet's long strides are hard to keep up as I try my best to catch up with my little legs and the wind pushing me back. We reach the gates. Seto presses a code and the iron bars swing open, just as we are about to step out onto the sidewalk our path is blocked by police officers and yellow tape.

"What's the problem here officer?" the cerulean-eyed teen questions as the cold rain pelts down on his broad shoulders. I strain my ears to hear what is being said, the thunder crashes around us.

"A hit and run," the police officer answers. " Nothing to worry about sir, we have everything under control."

"Alright then, if you do find any property damage you will tell me?" the CEO questions.

"But of course sir, but I doubt any property was damaged, the only thing damaged here is that kid," the police officer points to a white haired teen gently being placed onto a stretcher and a worried looking blond covered in blood standing beside him. I look closer. I gasp as I come to the realization of who it is.

"Ba.. Ba…kura," I whisper out as tears flow freely from my eyes. Seto turns to me eyebrow raised in confusion. I'm frozen. I can't move. It hurts to breathe.

"Are you alright kid?" the officer asks turning his attention to me. I hear the question but I can't answer, everything is happening so fast. I look to the stretcher to see the paramedics load my darker half into the ambulance and a teary eyed Joey holding onto his hand.

"Ryou?" Seto questions. I stare blankly; my heart feels like it's been ripped out of my chest. He follows my eyes and catches a glimpse of Joey and Bakura in the ambulance, and then it dawns on him. The ambulance starts up and the sirens start there ringing again. I push past the police officer and duck under the yellow crime scene tape. My breathing is ragged as I chase after the speeding ambulance through the puddles of bloody water. The rain washes away my tears as I yell in hopes that my yami could hear me.

"Please Bakura don't leave me!" I scream into the darkness as the ambulance drives out of sight. I fall to my knees as the rain soaks my entire body. I let out a wail and try desperately to hold back my tears. My tearful eyes catch a watered down red spot of blood upon my shirt.

"Bakura…." I whisper again and succumb to my tears. I can hear footsteps from behind me. Then a gust of wind whips by and hand is placed upon my shoulder.

"Get up." It's Seto. I wipe my eyes and slowly rise to my feet to meet the cold stare of the tall brunet.

"We'll take my limo," he says, tone emotionless as he turns his back to me and walks back towards the mansion. I give a nod and follow him, oblivious to the things going on around me. I feel incredibly sick all of a sudden. Like an unbearable pain in my heart and like someone just gave me a beating within an inch of my life. If this is what if feels like to watch someone you love go through pain I can't even fathom what Bakura is going through.

I solemnly get into the black limo and Seto follows suit. A tear escapes from my eye. Why? Why him? Why Bakura? I rest my head against the cold window. I close my eyes; maybe this is just a bad dream? I'll wake up any moment now I'm sure of it. I'll wake up to his raspy voice yelling about being late to make him breakfast and when I get down there he'll be sitting at the table grumbling and I'll smile knowing that the grumbling is just an act. I heave a sigh. This has to be a dream; I pinch myself trying to wake myself from this horrid nightmare, but to no avail. This is really happening; he's going to die. Death. From the moment of conception, death is a certainty. It is not like heart failure, or cancer, which happen only to "some" people. Death, from whatever cause, happens to us all…. all of us even him. I try my mind link, I whisper his name but only silence is heard. I lower my head. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have said that to him, if I hadn't none of this would have happened. I can still see his face, plain as day…so pale. His snow-white hair stained with his crimson blood. Oh why God? Why now? Why him? Images of the scene flash through my head as more tears flood my face. I wanted to be with him so badly, but they wouldn't let me. Joey went with him. Joey. Why was Joey with him? I should have been with him, not him, not Joey. He's my yami dammit! Why would Bakura be with him anyway? Unless…I give another exasperated sigh.

"We're here…" a voice interrupts my thoughts. Seto calmly steps out of the limo and waits for me. I wipe away to stray tears upon my flush face and quickly rush through the emergency room doors. I search frantically for any signs of my yami. Seto walks through the doors after me and approaches the front desk. He exchanges words with a nurse and she points to a room down the hall. I make a be-line for the room but is quickly stopped by someone grasping my wrist.

"We can't go in yet," the CEO replies. "They're still working on him, we have to wait in the waiting room," he concludes. I give frown and nod, tears threatening to escape my lids again. The brunet leads the way as I lag behind in a daze. Seto stops abruptly, Joey's there. He's sitting all alone, hunched over and covered in dried blood. I walk over to him and sit beside him. Joey turns to me trying to force a smile. Seto leans against the wall and crosses his arms, not bothering to acknowledge the blond.

"How did it happen?" I manage to choke out. Joey's eyes sadden and he looks to the floor.

"Car came out of nowhere…. hit him," the honey eyed teen said sadly. I look away from him to the room Bakura is in. In the meantime Joey explains how he tried to help him and keep him warm until the ambulances came.

"Bakura…" I whisper as I close my eyes again. I think I've lost you in more ways than one. My heart pains more now, all because I never told him and now I'm not so sure if I'll ever get that chance.

Finally done chapter 6! See I got it done contrary to popular belief

Bakura: Yeah yeah, but it took you long enough

Ryou: I'm sorry pheonix but I have to agree with Bakura on this one

Seto: I concur, you are slacking

You know…I could write in a character death or another "accident" I have that power *shows script*

Joey: You wouldn't!

Seto: She doesn't have the guts

Okay…fine maybe I don't but still I'm trying my best I got school too, but I get a week off so I promise more writing! ^_^

Bakura: That's what you said about summer and also got nothing done

Shut-up! I CAN KILL YOU OFF Y'KNOW!

Joey: but you just said that…

QUIET! *clears throat* anyways, please read and review….oh for the love of cookies please REVIEW I NEED REVIEWS!