Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Inner Struggles ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything related to Yu-gi-oh , I just using characters for me fic. Please no sue. Oh and me no own Chicken Soup for the teenage soul…me just likes it!

Chapter 7- Seto's P.O.V

So here we are, in a middle of a hospital waiting room waiting…. just waiting. I could be doing more important things right now then being here. Hell I have a corporation to run. I hate being kept waiting, my employees know that, and that smell of death is really starting to get to me. I don't even know why I'm here. It's not like I care if the white haired freak makes it or not. It's his own fault for running out in the middle of this storm and not looking for oncoming traffic. Serves him right. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. Bastard gave me a black eye and I can feel more bruises on my ribs coming in. I let out a sigh. There's Ryou, just sitting there talking to the mutt. The mutt. What was he doing there? It's not like he was friends with Bakura. I look him over. He's filthy and soaked. His clothes covered in blood and drops of water drip from his brow. His clothes hang tightly to his well-formed muscular build. He must be freezing. Not like I care, another idiot who ran out in the middle of a storm. Then there's Ryou. Even though I wouldn't admit it outloud I feel sympathy for him. Bakura is the only one his has left, family wise. I can only imagine what he is going through. If it was Mokuba…I'd die. A nurse enters the room.

"Are you friends of Mr. Bakura?" she questions while holding what looks like a chart and smiling. Why is she smiling? This is a hospital for fuck sakes and Bakura's fucking dying. What the hell is there to smile about?

"Yes…" Ryou answers with hope filled chocolate brown eyes.

"You may come in and see him. But one at a time please, he's still unconscious," the nurse concludes as she turns her back to us. No one moves.

"Ryou…" I speak up breaking the silence. "Go," I conclude and the white haired teen looks up at me and gives a nod. He quickly stands and sniffs just as he takes a few paces he stops and turns back to me.

"Seto…" he starts. What does he want now? For me to hold his hand? "Thank you, thank you for everything." Thank you. He stopped to say thank you. I inwardly smile at this gesture. He follows the nurse down the hall. Now it's just me and the dog.

I glance over at him, he's shivering. What a baka.

"Mutt.." I start "go home your filthy and soaked….not to mention you're starting to smell like a wet dog."

He raises out of his seat and turns to me, he's glaring…or trying to at least. It really is pitiful.

" Kaiba, I've had enough of your abuse…Bakura's hurt and Ryou's not in the best shape either and all you can do is mock me…your so heartless! You're a cold heartless bastard and you should be the one laying in that hospital bed!" He shouts with his fists both clenched at his sides.

Heartless…

That almost hurts...I was never like this when I was younger. How dare he make assumptions he knows nothing about my past or me! I have a heart Wheeler, only Mokuba sees it. Don't be fooled by me. Don't be fooled by the face I wear, this mask. I need to be this way, its about survival Joey. I may give you the impression I'm secure and that confidence is my name and being cold is my game, and that the water is calm and that I'm in command, that I need no one…I may regret saying this but …I'm not. I need to be these things for my company and my brother. It's my way of life. It's my mask.

My eyes burn with hatred and I stalk up to the blond and lift him by his shirt collar and forcefully hold him against the wall.

"You don't know me Wheeler, I suggest you keep your gums from flapping or you may receive swift and fast beating….and oh look we're already in a hospital" I growl and tighten my grip on the honey eyed teen. I search his eyes. They soften and he places a hand on my shoulder. What is he doing?

"Kaiba, I'm sorry…I know you gotta have a heart somewhere down in that chest of yours, I'm just upset that's all, it slipped out and your comment just put me over da edge." He finishes and I slowly lower him to the ground. He continues to stare at me with those eyes.

"What?" I snap back.

"Nothing, its just that it must be hard running a company that's all and taking care of your kid brother…"

I snort, "You couldn't comprehend Wheeler…"

"Try me," he replies with a slight smile. " I gots problems too, plus I'm a big brother, c'mon Kaiba."

You also have a problem with grammar. I give a light chuckle.

"What? What's so funny?" He smiles.

"Nothing, it's just that your grammar really is awful Joseph." I reply with a smirk and cross my arms.

"Oh, sorry," he smiles and scratches the back of his head sheepishly and blushes a pale shade of pink. A small smile appears on my face. He almost looks cute….what am I thinking? That flea ridden golden retriever isn't cute! He's filthy and disgusting not to mention scrawny and those eyes are so…so…I'm doing it again! I grimace at my thoughts. I'm not attracted to the dog, I'm not attracted to Wheeler, I'm not attracted to Joey!

"Hey moneybags what's wrong? What are you constipated?" He gives a chuckle and places his hand back on my shoulder. I give a low growl. "I'm kidding I'm kidding," he says trying to hold back his fits of laughter. Yes laugh it up Wheeler, you're a bloody comedian.

"In all seriousness Kaiba…what's up?" he asks again this time his voice is more sincere.

"Thinking…" I respond coldly as I close my eyes and lean back on the wall.

"About what? Bakura and Ryou? You think Bakura pull through?" What is it with all these questions, I feel like I'm getting interrogated.

"He'll be fine," I answer back. "and so will Ryou…what about you?"

"What about me?" he questions positively perplexed. He's definitely not swift on the uptake.

"How will you be?" I ask again, not that I care…fine that's a lie. Maybe I do, so what? It's not like I'm in love with him or anything…

"Fine, I think,"he answers back.

"Joey, may I ask you a something?"

"Go ahead shoot," the blond smiles back anticipating my question.

"Why are you here? Why were you with Bakura?" I open my eyes to see his reaction. I finally got it out; this question has been plaguing me ever since we arrived. I stare into those honey-coloured eyes; it's so hard not to get lost in them.

"Well, Kaiba…I was with Bakura because I wanted to talk to you," He blushes and turns away. He's nervous.

"What about?" I question again, practically begging for an answer. I know I know, Seto Kaiba reduced to begging for an answer, it's pathetic.

".. I...well…umm…err…" he stutters and shifts nervously.

"Well what?" I urge. I've never seen the mutt squirm this much before.

"Kaiba, you'll hate me more if I tell you.." the blond manages to say before turning a nice fire engine red. I give a sigh.

"Look Joey, I don't hate you…I just dislike you," that's another lie. I really don't dislike him that much…just…nevermind.

"Oh.." he says sadly, "Kaiba I was going to ask you if…" If what? I continue to stare at the young teen eyes unmoving and unrelenting in a frozen gaze.

"If?" I question impatiently.

"If.. you…would…um...wanna go out sometime?" Go out sometime? He wants to go out with me? He likes me? After all I did and do to him, he still likes me? I look into his eyes again; they're full of hope and pleading for me to say yes. I can't, he doesn't deserve someone like me. Someone who can't devote all of himself to him. I treated him badly; no one deserves that…not even him.

"Joseph," I say with a confident tone. "listen to me.." he nods in agreement, his eyes still searching for a positive answer.

"Go on," he gulps.

"After awhile you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul, and you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security. And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises, you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of an adult and not the grief of a child. And you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans. After awhile you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much, So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. And lastly Joey, you learn to endure…I'm sorry you don't need someone like me in your life." I feel a twinge in my heart, that was the hardest thing I ever had to say. Gawd, this hurts, as much as I wouldn't like to admit it. I do.. I do love him. I don't want to hurt him.

"But Seto…I….I…" he tries to fight back tears. I try to smile but the pain is too much.

"You what Joey?" I ask again closing my eyes. Then suddenly something warm and soft touches my lips. My eyes flutter open to meet honey brown ones. It's Joey, and he's kissing me.

HA HA! I'm finally done chapter 7!

Seto: jeez how long did that take your to write?

* coughs and clears voice * …well I'm done it now that's all that matters!

Bakura: rigggghhhtttt

Joey: But seriously! You can't end it there! It was just getting good!

Ryou: I concur that was a bit mean

Hey..it makes people wanna read it more and anticipate the next chapter, which is already started by the way ^_^

Seto: good, maybe this time it will be out in less than 3 months

Shut up! Or I will turn your little love scene with Joey into a lemon!

Joey : *blushes *

Seto: YOU WOULDN'T?!

Oh I would…MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bakura: She's evil she would

Ryou: You know what's scarier that would be her first lemon….i pity you two. * shakes head *

Hehehe, anyways please review…I'm seriously thinking about putting a lemon in this story but I dunno which pairing to use or what…ideas people ideas! REVIEWWWWW!!!!!!