Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Inner Struggles ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8

Disclaimer: I own nothing! Don't sue! Please…I'm especially poor right now! Saving money for prom and grad and other little tid bits that are muchly needed!

Bakura's P.O.V

"Italics" is Bakura thinking while he is unconscious.

Agony claws my mind. Look at me, the mighty tomb robber…reduced to a mere statistic. A hit and run at that! When I first arrived at this gawd forsaken place, I felt so very much alone. I was overwhelmed by grief…which was a totally different feeling for me and for once I expected to find some sort of sympathy…but got none. Well, maybe I did but I was to unconscious to hear it. Fuck it. I swear to Ra I saw thousands of others whose bodies were as badly mangled as mine…or worse when I was reeled into this hellhole. Poor mortals, sucks to be them.

So here I am, still unconscious…how did this happen again? Oh right a fucking cocksucker speed out of nowhere and bloody damn well near killed me. Bastard. The last thing I remember was running down the street and turning the corner. I swear there were no cars…or so I thought. I turned in time to meet the blinding lights of that fucker's car. Then there was the thud. It was rather loud, I felt my body jolt. Steel bent and cut into my flesh. My whole body seemed to be turning inside out then I actually heard myself scream. Then I suddenly awakened. It was quiet…one of those.oh what did Ryou call them? You know those guys who shove fucking needles in all over your body and smile while they do it, telling you your gonna be fine when really you look like a pancake on the road and they make enough holes in your body to turn you into some sort of fucking human sprinkler. Those guys. Anyways as I was saying…I see this mortal staring at me. He had this worried look on his ugly mug. I heard some par.para.medics? That's what there called! Yeah those mortals say something about me being pretty messed up. Messed up is a fucking understatement, I couldn't even move! Fuck I'm really starting to feel my age now. I always thought 5000 years old was pretty young, thought wrong I guess. Then just as I was about to open my mouth to tell those bastards to stop with the poking everything went black again. Just my luck. I woke up again while I was being wheeled in, just in time to see other mangled mortals being stitched up or whatever they do in places like these. I heard voices and my vision blurred. I was out cold… again. Now here I am still unconscious and body pumped full of drugs. Ahh this is the life. Well…my life would truly be happy if I killed that stupid pharaoh. Ahh, screw that for now, just relax Bakura. Enjoy this while it lasts…you get to actually sleep and rest without hearing that annoying hakari of yours, Ryou. Ryou. I wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for him, but then again it was that idiot Wheeler who came to my house and did convince me to go to Kaiba's right? Right? Or was that me…ahh fuck it I don't care I need someone to blame! Damn him. Note to self; kill Wheeler and fucker who ran me down.

"Wheeler…" I let out a moan and hear a small gasp.

Ra, this sucks I can't even get comfortable. I strain to open my eyes. I hear light sniffling from my left and a cold hand clasped in my own. Who the hell is touching me? My vision is blurred so I blink a few times to regain my sight.

"…Ha…Hakari?" I whisper out, as I grit my teeth in pain. Damn morphine must be wearing off.

"Ba…Bakura! Thank gawd you're alright!" he squeals as he leaps onto me and throws his arms around my neck. Okay, I know the kid is an emotional little wuss but come on…BAKURA NEEDS OXYGEN!

"Ry…ou….your….on……my…… ;.oxygen…………tube…….." I finally managed to choke out. He quickly apologizes and wipes the tears from his chocolate brown eyes. He's so …what's the word…cute? I shudder. I've never used that word in my life. It feels….

"Bakura, I thought I lost you!" my white haired counterpart says as he cuts off my mental rant. No one cuts off the mighty tomb robber's mental rant! Even if it is someone he thinks.is...cute and he is attracted too! Err…Damnit!

"To bad you didn't, ne?" I let out a chuckle, which soon turns into a moan of pain. I clutch my sides. Damnit. Ryou frowns then smirks.

"That's what you get for making those types of comments," he says.

"Ha ha very funny, you're a regular comedian," I retort. Who does he think he is, if I wasn't so banged up I'd teach him a thing or two about respecting me! He smiles, what's he smiling about now?

"What are you smiling about? Look at me! You shouldn't be smiling!" I snap at the teen. His eyes soften more and he continues to smile. What? I don't get it! I let out a growl and glare daggers at him. Which of course causes him to chuckle.

"You're still the same old Bakura, even when your on the brink of death," my hakari laughs some more. "I'm just so glad you're alright," after that statement a frown creeps onto his pale face. "you should…. really….thank Joey for saving you," at this comment he starts to choke up. Why? Why would I want to thank Wheeler? For the love of Ra why is Ryou crying now?

"Why should I?" I raise a brow and question.

"Well…he did…. cradle…you…and pr-protect you until the…paramedics came," Ryou reasoned on the brink of tears. Wheeler did that? Ah fuck, now I have his germs! Shit, another note to self…wash, no scratch that, scrub vigorously when I get home. I look to my counterpart. He's now officially crying. Over what? I hope he doesn't think…awww shit!

"Ryou, contrary to your belief…I detest that mutt Wheeler with every fiber of my being!" I angrily shout causing my lungs to burn in pain. This outburst only causes him to tear up more.

"It's alright Bakura, you don't have to deny it…you said his name while you were unconscious," he bows his head sadly and lets go of my hand. NO! I hate Wheeler! Why doesn't he believe me! Damn my mental rants!

"Ryou…I…I…was only thinking about killing him after I get better that's why I said his name!" I shout again. For crying out loud, why can't he see that I want him! Not Wheeler! Pain overtakes my body and I let out a small gasp.

"Bakura, I…I…think you should rest, I'll leave you be for now," he says as he gets up to leave. I try to open my mouth to stop him but only a scream of pain escapes as he sadly walks out of my room. Fucking hell! I clench my fists and punch the side railing causing what's left of my morphine drip to crash to the ground. I grit my teeth in anger. I hate Wheeler! Look at the mess he has caused! Damn him.damn him and his fleas!

My room door soon swings open and a few nurses enter nitter nattering about how I should "calm down" and rest like a normal person. Calm down? Calm down?! How can I calm down at a time like this! The…the…err…person I care about just walked out that door crying over me loving a stupid flea bitten mongrel that I detest with a passion! What is this world coming too? Life was so much simpler 5000 years ago. None of these petty emotions, and games. You just told it like it was and if they didn't like it or believed you, fuck them. But most of the time they did, if they knew what was good for them. Plus, back then they never had fucking drunk drivers either! Well…maybe drunk chariot or horse drivers but still, they hurt less! I let a sigh escape my dried bloody lips and I lay my head back down on the soft pillow. How am I gonna fix this fucking mess? Only time would tell I guess, and how fast my body healed, because I had a feeling Ryou wouldn't be back anytime soon to hear my explanations.

Pheonix: Whoa, finally eh?

Bakura: Finally? FINALLY?! I've been unconcious for like how long?

Ryou: *giggles*

Bakura: shut up you! It isn't funny!

Ryou: *pouts and runs hiding behind Seto*

Seto: Now look what you did, you idiot tomb robber!

Bakura: Fuck you Kaiba, give me back my hakari now!

Seto: not if your going to abuse him!

Ryou: *cowers in fear*

Bakura: Then I'll just take him! *walks over to Seto and glares*

Pheonix: Hey Hey we don't want a repeat of chapter…oh what chapter?

Joey: Who cares? I'd pay good money to see those two duke it out again! *opens bag of popcorn*

Pheonix: hmm…on the other hand letting two hot guys duke it out again, may not be such a bad idea! *sits down with joey and eats popcorn*

Joey: Let's get ready to rumble!!!!

Ryou: EEEEPPP! PLEASE REVIEW TO STOP THIS INSANITY!

Pheonix: hehehe…wohooo…go Bakura! Err…I mean go Seto…um…ahh hell, FIGHT! RIP EACHOTHER'S SHIRTS OFF! WOHOOO!

A.N- Sorry for not updating in awhile, I just hadn't had the urge to write and I didn't know what I was going to do with this story. But now I have some idea. Please don't hate me! *cowers in fear from anger mob of reviwers*