Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ Shattered Hearts ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh and Michelle Branch owns Are You Happy Now

Key

Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing

/ someone singing/

"quotes are speech"

'is dreaming'

/is flashback/

- is thoughts -

Kaiba ran as fast as he could to Tea, getting there just in time to see her wake-up. -nnn, my head...where...how...what am I doing in wearing my nightgown, I've never seen this place before, and my clothes are shredded, what's going on?- Tea thought panicking. She looked around and saw Kaiba, wearing a velvet robe that was open, and a pair of pants, and boots, like he only bothered to get half dressed. -Kaiba wouldn't...-she thought afraid, she started hyperventilating.

"Tea...I'm...sorry, I didn't mean...well I did but then I wasn't going to...Then...I don't how...I just...sorry." Kaiba said fidgeting with his hands, and looking at the floor.

-He didn't...- Tea thought fear and anger boiling inside her. "What the heck happened to my clothes, and what am I doing in your house." Tea demanded.

Kaiba's face paled, and his eyes widened in shock. "Don't you remember?" Kaiba asked surprised.

"Remember what?" Tea snapped. ""Remember us?" Kaiba asked cautiously. "What the heck are you talking about I would never go out with a big, ugly, annoying, stuck up jerk like you." Tea snapped. "Besides, I know who my boyfriend is, its Yami, he has a duel with the top female duelist in the world, what's her name, oh yes, Hoshi Neko tonight. Which brings me back to what the heck am I doing here, why aren't I there, and why am I here instead of there." Tea demanded.

Kaiba felt like he was about to pass out. He swallowed the lump rising in his throat. "Tea, I don't know how to tell you, but you and Yami have been broke up, for about, three weeks now, and you and I have been dating for a little over two weeks." Kaiba said slowly. Tea narrowed her eyes. "You lie." she snapped. Kaiba shook his head and closed his eyes. "I wish I were lying, maybe if I hadn't of been so stupid, and locked you in that....Tea you must remember, the first night we slept together in the same bed, your dance recital, the night at the park, something!" Kaiba said, his voice louder and more pained then he meant it to be.

"My recital isn't for like five days now, and how did you learn about that." Tea hissed. "You have to remember Tea, please...I...." Kaiba began. -I should tell her that I need her, that I love her, but she doesn't remember anything....I...should...could...want to...I can't- Kaiba thought his eyes suddenly fogging over. Tea wasn't moved. -That jerk has to be lying to me...there's just no way...so why do I feel...no, i am not going to go there, I don't what that jerk did to me...but, I'm angrier now then I've ever been before, and my sides hurt, and for some reason...I feel sad...like I'm losing something...but what.- "You what?" Tea snapped, breaking Kaiba out of his own thoughts. "I..." -I can't lay myself out on the line like that, if not even Mokuba, my own Otouto, my heart, doesn't want me in his life why, why would Tea want me in hers, but I have to, I love her, and she's all I got left...- He sighed and swallowed the lump rising in his throat. "Tea....I lu...I lu...urm, you see what I mean to say is...I...c'mon lets go out, I'll explain everything later." -I bet that karaoke bar will jog some memories for her.- he thought.

"Why should I go anywhere with you." Tea said harsher then she intended to. "Because...because...because this." Kaiba said just before he started kissing her as passionately as he could, Tea kissing him back, not really understanding why. -I shouldn't be kissing him, but somehow this feels right.- For awhile time stood still for the couple, as everything, and everyone else in the room faded away. They kept kissing even after it became hard to breathe, neither one wanting to break away from each other, yet both knowing it couldn't last. They broke apart from each other only when they both needed air. Tea gasped and looked at Kaiba shocked. She touched her lips with her hand then clutched her shirt, where her heart was. -I don't know whether to slap him, or to kiss him, I'll slap him- Tea thought. She slapped Kaiba hard across the face. Kaiba touched his cheek, where she had slapped him. She expected him to go off on her, but all he did was remain silent. He looked as though he wanted to cry, but of course he didn't.

"You really don't remember, do you?" Kaiba said quietly. Tea sighed, then she looked at the calendar, but that couldn't be right, could it? "Kyou wa Nan Youbi desu ka?" Tea asked. (a/n: what day is it today.) " "Kyou wa Nichiyoubi desu." He replied. (a/n: Today is Sunday, pronounced Key Yo Wah Knee Chi Yo Bee Des) Tea darted her eyes around, staring at the floor, confused. -He's telling the truth.- She suddenly realized. "At least, give me a chance to talk to you, I think I deserve at least that...If you still want to leave after that...I won't stop you...you can go ahead and leave me" Kaiba said. -Everyone else does anyway.- Kaiba thought sadly. Tea nodded. "Where is my clothes." Tea asked. "In...In our room." Kaiba said nervously. "In our room!" Tea said shocked, "What do you mean in our room." She said feeling even more confused. Kaiba looked past Tea at the wall, a trick he had learned making when he had to make speeches at Kaibacorps annual night under the stars. "We live here, together, me and you, and we sleep together too." Kaiba said. "We haven't you know..." Tea began. "No, we haven't done that, just slept in the same bed is all." Kaiba said. Tea blushed. "Well lead the way to the room...our room." Tea said getting up from the bed. Dr. Kanako watched at the two left the room. He actually felt bad for his employer. -I've never seen him like this before, looks like the little boy that hired me is finally growing up, he must really have loved her to carry her up, two basement levels and flour ground level up the stairs, and not to get angry when she didn't remember, even after being carried six flights of stairs.- He turned around and began cleaning up the small mess he had made.

Tea looked in awe around at the huge house, with its eloquent design, in everything from the way the roof and doorways were designed, to the picture frames on the walls. She was actually disappointed when she saw the plain room, which was decorated with everything navy blue and white. "Here we are." Kaiba said. He walked over to the walk-in closet and shut himself in, then came out in a black shirt and dark blue trench coat. "Go ahead, and go in, if you need anything else there in that drawer, I'll be downstairs, not the stairs we came down the ones down the hallway and to the left." he said walking out the door to give her some privacy. Tea nodded and walked in. She looked all around the room, then got dressed. A plain orange and black t-shirt, and a black skirt. She looked around til she saw a box where she kept her purses. She didn't know why but she felt compelled to grab her black clutch. She grabbed a brush and started brushing her hair, and reflecting. -If every thing Kaiba said is true then that means I'm not together with Yami anymore, so then don't I feel sad about it, and how come I kissed Kaiba back, I'm so confused.- She finished her hair then clipped it back with orange rhinestone clips then walked toward the stairs.

Mokuba came out his room, and looked at Tea. "Hey Tea going somewhere this late?" asked Mokuba. "Kaiba is taking me out to eat, he says he has something important to say, but I honestly can't make heads nor tails of what's going on." Tea said giving Mokuba a weak smile. "Oh, he's taking you to eat, but its late out its like, gozen ni ji go fun." ( a/n: 2:05am pronounced Go zen knee gee go phew un.) Mokuba said bewildered. "Hai, (a/n: yes), I know but there is a couple of places that's still open, there calorie burger by the station, and that new karaoke bar that Mai said had the best chikin (a/n: Chicken pronounced Chi Keen) in all of Domino." Tea said. "Tch, whatever." Mokuba said huffily. "Mokuba is everything all right." Tea asked sensing his off mood. "Why don't you mind your own business and go eat your stupid chikin and leave me alone!" Mokuba snapped. -I expected my brother not to like me, but he could at least act a little bit more upset about what I told him- Mokuba thought a bit angrily. Tea eyes widened like a deer caught in headlights. -All I asked was how he was doing, usually he's the mild tempered one, Kaiba acting normal, and Mokuba acting hot-headed, not remembering any of the past couple of weeks, including Yami supposedly dumping me, gosh it feels like I'm in some kind of bad soap opera.- Tea shook the thought from her head.

Tea decided it was better not to get to involved with Mokuba's problem. "Well, if you ever need to talk you know where to find me." Tea said waving goodbye to Mokuba. -Now if I only knew where to find me.- Tea thought to herself. Tea went downstairs and saw Kaiba pacing back and forth impatiently. -yup still the same ol' Kaiba, maybe it isn't such a bad soap opera.- Tea thought. "Aww, there you are Tea, I'm ready to go when you are." Kaiba said taking her hand and kissing it. -I think i spoke to soon.- Tea thought. Tea suddenly noticed the kitchen.

/Tea glanced over at Kaiba and saw him frowning. "What's the matter?" she asked. "Nothing." He said shaking his head. Then turning back to do the dishes. Tea looked down at the soapy dishwater then smiled mischievously. "Hey Seto." She said. "What?" he said turning his head to look at him. She splashed him with some soapy water. "Hey!" he shouted shielding himself. "What's the matter scared of getting wet?" she said splashing him again. "That's it." He said pulling the rinsing hose and turning it on her. Tea put her arms up to shield her face. "Aah." She said turning on heel and running out the kitchen. Kaiba quickly grabbed Mokuba's squirt gun from one of the drawers where he had confiscated it from before and filled it up with water.

"Ohh Tea." He shouted in a mock sing song voice. He found her hiding behind the couch. "Gotcha!" he shouted then Tea ran away from him out into the garden. Kaiba ran toward the garden then Tea stuck out her leg and he fell into the grass. She started tickling him. Kaiba started laughing and wiggled out of her grasp. "Who would of thought the great Seto Kaiba is ticklish." Tea teased. "Do you reallly think anyone else but you would have the nerve to try and tickle me." He said leaning close. "Yea well someone had to bring you back down to earth." She said smirking. "What's that supposed to mean." Tea face suddenly turned deadly serious. "I am Seto Kaiba and I am the worlds greatest duelist." She said mocking him. "That's not funny." Kaiba said getting up. Tea tackled him back down. "Oh lighten up I was just kidding." She said smiling. "Whatever." Kaiba said knocking her off.

Tea smiled at him. Kaiba looked at her. "Tea I've never met a girl like you, your amazing." He said sincerely. Tea smiled and looked up at the stars. "And I never met anyone quite like you either Seto." Tea smiled. "Soo Seto what kind of girls have you dated." "What!?" "You know give your list." "I am not giving you my list." "Fine then I'll give you mine."

Tea looked at Kaiba. "Let's see there was you, of course, and this guy named Jim from 6th grade and Yami..."Tea said. Kaiba noticed the flash of hurt in her eyes when she said Yami.

"Do you still love him?" Kaiba asked cautiously. "Seto I not going to lie to you I do still think about him from time to time and I still want to be friends with him but the person I truly love is you." Tea said. She turned her head from him and looked up at the stars. "You know its funny I use to look at the stars and talk about this same sort of stuff, with Yami, and I haven't done it in so long."

"I mean I couldn't even really smile after he dumped me but now, but now for the first time in a long time I can truly smile I am truly happy and its all because of you."

Tea smiled at Kaiba. Kaiba studied her for a moment. "What?" she asked smiling. Kaiba smirked and set her up. "What?" she asked again. He made her face him. He kissed her passionately. Then whispered in her ear. "Tea I never thought I would be able to be as happy as I am now again, its all thanks to you." He got up and walked back into the house. Tea chased after him./

Tea shook her head. -where did that come from?- Tea thought confused, she sighed. Kaiba looked at her. "Is everything all right?" Kaiba asked sincerely. -He's asking me if I'm all right, but I thought the only other person besides himself is Mokuba, I guess he really is telling the truth, so then what did happen between us? I guess I'll have to wait til dinner to find out.- "Nothing, just a little overwhelmed is all." she said giving Kaiba a weak smile. Kaiba nodded. "Let's go." Tea said. "I'll lead the way." Kaiba said grabbing her hand and leading the way.

They drove to the karaoke bar in silence. Tea felt uncomfortable in his car, but she could tell the whole situation was upsetting him deeply, whatever they had had, he had fallen in love with her. -I wish I could remember why- Tea thought. -She's so silent, she must hate me again...I can't say i blame her, the way she had to wake up was awful, but I can't help that, all I can do is be completely honest with her, and hope seeing that karaoke bar will jar her memory, after all its where our relationship started...though i was unconscious for that whole time.- Kaiba looked over at Tea. (a/n: there in a limo) Tea glanced over at him. Kaiba gave her a weak smile and turned back to looking out the tinted window. Tea stared at him for a minute. Although he didn't outwardly give any hint of any kind of emotion, she could read his eyes and tell that he was sad. Though how she could just make eye contact with him and know how he was feeling was a mystery to her.

They finally got to the Karaoke bar. Kaiba walked around the limo and opened the door for Tea, and helped her out of the car. "Thanks." Tea said half-heartedly. She looked up at the karaoke bar.

/"We got to get Seto out of here." Tea said. "Right." Mai and Serenity both said. They all used all the strength they had to lift him up. "For a skinny guy he sure is heavy."Serenity said, trying to keep herself from collapsing and having one of his arms slung over her shoulder. Mai had his other arm over her shoulder. "Yeah, and bye the way Tea when did you start calling him Seto." Tea blushed and almost collapsed under his weight as she had her back against his chest and was trying to push him up with her legs but her feet were just skidding on the floor, finally they managed to push him up but then he almost fell over backwards so Tea ran behind him and pushed up with her back but he almost fell forward so she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Ohh no you don't." she said. Then they took her out to Teas car they put him in the passenger side. "You should take him home hun, me and Serenity will catch a cab." Mai said. "You guys sure?" Tea asked. "We're positive." Serenity piped in. Tea pulled out of the lot of the bar.../

Tea blinked. Another flashback. As soon as she stepped in to the karaoke bar, suddenly everything came rushing back to her...deciding to try things out with Kaiba, Kaiba hacking fish to pieces, eating Chinese food with Mokuba and Sam, telling Mokuba and Kaiba about wishing stars, the recital, and the silence room. Suddenly she felt no sympathy for Kaiba. -once again I'm faced with the dilemma of whether I should slap him or not, but I'm interested in what Kaiba's has to say, so i guess I'll see what he says...but it better be one heck of an apology.- she thought narrowing her eyes. Kaiba looked at her, and noticed the sudden change in her mood. "You all right?" he asked cautiously. "I'm fine, just remembered that you were poisoned here by some fat guy." Tea said lying and plastering on a fake smile. Kaiba looked at her and smiled back then they walked over to a table close to the stage.

A waitress came over and took their orders, seafood salad and water for Tea, and nothing for Kaiba, he was too nervous to eat. "Umm...Tea...I should probably start from the beginning, you see Yami dumped and your parents said they didn't want you to be a dancer, as far as know, I asked you out and you said no, but then I went to the karaoke bar on the same day as you did by coincidence, i didn't even know you came to this place." Kaiba said. -a little white lie never hurt anyone.- Kaiba thought. -He brought that stupid red car to school, and I made a comment about how it could probably go to the karaoke bar really fast, that's strike one Seto.- Tea thought. "Anyway I sang Invisible to you (a/n: I don't own invisible, clay Aiken does.) and then i got poisoned...though I'm not quite sure how, and then somehow we got to my home, then we accidentally slept together, then you had a nightmare and we decided to go out with each other." Kaiba said. -You had one too, strike two Seto.- Tea thought. "Then we went out for breakfast and you moved into my house, because you couldn't make rent and you couldn't work, and Mai and Serenity helped you move in. We ate dinner, we had Chinese, and then you told me that you were happy with me, and you hadn't been in a while, and then you went into my special room, snooping around where you shouldn't of been, and i over reacted and locked you in a torture room of sorts with a bunch of holographic snakes, but Tea I swear I don't know how the real snake got loose." Kaiba said. -and you had to go to strike three, four, and five, you lied, you confessed that you were happy for the first time in a long while too, and I kept telling you that one of your stupid names had went into the stupid room, and i just bet you didn't mean to release that snake- Tea thought angrily.

Tea looked at Kaiba. "Wow, all of that happened?" Tea said mock innocently. Kaiba nodded. "You said, you sung to me, well did I ever sing to you." She asked Kaiba. Kaiba shook his no. "Well, we can't have that can we." Tea said. "Uhhh...."Kaiba said at a loss for words for once in his life. "Of course not, now promise me you'll stay for the whole song, no matter how bad it sounds." she said giving him the puppy dog pout. Kaiba nodded. Tea walked onto stage and flipped through the songs.

/Tea: Now, don't just walk away Pretending everything's ok And you don't care about me And I know there's just no use When all your lies become your truths and I don't care... yeah, yeah, yeah/

Kaiba's eyes widened i surprise. -she knows- He thought. -I'd leave right now but I promised to stay, I should apologize, tell her how I feel...no, i can't i can't sacrifice my dignity for this girl, I know no matter what I'm going to lose Tea, but that doesn't mean I will lose my dignity too, i was raised to believe emotions were for the weak, but did I listen, no, and look where emotion got me, it got me nothing and no one. Well whatever, if I have to be alone I have to be alone, I don't need her, I don't need Mokuba, I don't need anybody!-

/Tea: Could you look me in the eye And tell me that you're happy now, ohhh, ohhh Would you tell it to my face or have I been erased, Are you happy now? Are you happy now?/

-I can't believe that jerk is still trying to say that I was snooping around for no reason, that Renee witch is up to something, and I don't care what- Tea thought.

/Tea: You took all there was to take, And left me with an empty plate And you don't care about it, yeah.

And I am givin' up this game I'm leaving you with all the blame cause I don't care, yeah, yeah yeah,/

-No, I should swallow my pride, I don't want to lose her, I can't lose her and yet I don't know what to do...it's as if fate has conspired against me...everyone I hold dear is leaving me...I feel myself slowly slipping into a dark hole and don't know how to get out.- Kaiba thought

/Tea: Could you look me in the eye? And tell me that you're happy now, oohh oohhh Would you tell it to my face or have I been erased, Are you happy now? Ohhh, ohhhh Are you happy now? Are you happy now? yeah, yeah, yeah./

-That's not true I do care, I love him, dang it Seto why won't you just tell me all things that I need to hear, how come you can't just take me in your arms and make everything okay, like you did that night I had that nightmare, like you did with Yami.../ Tea thought. /I can't do this, I just can't I need to but I can't, I'm too weak....no I'm not weak, I can't be weak, I'm going to tell her, wait no I can't/ Kaiba thought.

/Tea: Do you really have everything you want? You can't ever give somethin' you ain't got You can't run away from yourself Could you look me in the eye? and tell me that you're happy now, yeah, yeah come on, tell it to my face or have i been replaced, are you happy now? Ohhh, ohhhh are you happy now?/

-I'm can't, I can, but I can't, but I can, I could, I should, I would, I must, but I can't./ Kaiba thought conflictedly. /I guess, whatever happens, happens, I guess...if he's not sorry that he locked me in that room, them I'm not sorry for breaking his heart./ Tea thought.

/Tea: Would you look me in the eye? Could you look me in the eye? I've had all that I can take I'm not about to break Cause I'm happy now, ohhh, ohhh Are you happy now?/

Tea got offstage and looked at Kaiba. "I guess you know, huh?" Kaiba asked, hoping for a no, that he knew wasn't coming. "Yes, I do." Tea snapped. "Tea...I..." Kaiba said. "You what." she asked hoping he would just tell her he loved her, or at the very least apologize. "I...err, why did you have to go in my room?" He said, beginning out soft but backing out at the last minute. "Its over Kaiba." Tea picking up her clutch from the table. "Tea wait." Kaiba said grabbing her arm. "Let go, and that's Ms. Gardner to you." Tea hissed. "Tea, please just listen." Kaiba said still holding her arm. "I said let go!" Tea said taking her glass of water and splashing it his face with his free hand.

Kaiba let go, and sputtered out the water. "No, you listen your the most egotistical, self-centered, narcissistic, big, dumb, ugly, jerk I have ever had the displeasure of knowing, I thought I loved you, I really did, but all you do is lie, you lie to other people, you lie to me, and you lie to yourself. I didn't go in that room to snoop around in that room, I didn't care what you wanted to keep private, everyone wants some privacy, and yes I understand that you were upset when you saw me in there but that gave you no right to do to me what you did, and your not even sorry for about it." Tea snapped. "Tea...I" Kaiba began. "You had no right!" Tea screamed, her voice cracking and tear streaming down her face. "I..." -I'm sorry, your right I was out of line, forgive me, I love you- "You know fine just go, see if I care." Kaiba screamed. "Is that what you really want, because once I walk out that door I am not coming back." Tea said trying to stifle back her anger, and sadness. Kaiba swallowed the lump in his throat, and tried to keep his tears from falling, he wanted to apologize, but he just couldn't bring himself to put himself on the line like that. "Your silence says it all." Tea said regretfully. She turned around and ran out tears trailing behind her. Kaiba watched her leave. "Tea..." Kaiba said reaching out his hand toward her as she ran off. -I'm sorry, I love you, please come back- He collapsed on the ground and hugged himself, crying uncontrollably, and rocking back and forth, not noticing all the stares he was getting, as his whole world crumbled around him.

Tea ran as far as she possible could, all the way to Domino pier. She collapsed on her knees, crying uncontrollably, hugging herself and rocking back and forth. Mai just happened to be walking, thinking about what Joey had just said to her, his plan to get Kaiba back for all the humilation he had put him through, and to "save" Tea before it was too late, when she saw Tea. -Looks like your too late Joey- She thought grimly before making her way over to her. "Now, hun, what's a girl like you doing out at a time like this." she teased. Tea looked up at her. "Go away." she said quietly. Mai walked over and gave her a hug. "Honey you should know me better than that...I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong." Mai said pulling out a lacy tissue and handing it to Tea. "Oh Mai, everything's so messed up I don't know what I'm going to do." Tea said crying into Mai's t-shirt. "Ssh, tell Oneesan (a/n: big sister) Mai all about it." Mai said patting Tea on the back.