Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Karoke Nights ❯ Walking in the Rain ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-Kazuki Takahashi owns Yugioh and Vanessa Carlton owns 1000 miles

Key

Italics is song lyrics that no one is singing

/ someone singing/

"quotes are speech"

'is dreaming'

/is flashback/

- is thoughts -

Tea sipped on her hot chocolate, lost in thought. The green wool blanket that Mai had given her wrapped over her shoulders. Mai tapped her own mug of hot chocolate with her index finger, lost in thought. -whoa, never thought Kaiba would do something like that, then again I never thought Tea had it in her to stand up to him the way she did.- Mai thought. "Sounds to me like you got yourself quite a predicament." Mai said, breaking the silence that had formed between the two girls. Tea nodded her head. "All my stuff is still at his house." she said shivering a little, she and Mai had spent quite a little bit of time crying in the rain, Tea had spilled everything that had happened to her, and now here they were, at Mai's house.

"Look, I'll help you out with that, but the real question now is, where are you going to live, I'd say you could stay here, but I'm in trouble with the landlord as it is, dueling just hasn't been reeling in the money like it use to, especially after battle city..." Mai said. "Its okay Mai, I understand." Tea said cutting Mai off, battle city had been a tough enough time for everyone. "Okay tell you what, why don't you get a little sleep here, and in a few hours we'll go get your things, o.k?" Mai said. Tea nodded, "Yeah that would be great, thanks Mai."

Meanwhile Kaiba had run out of the karaoke bar, and had kept running until he couldn't run anymore. He had tried going home, but he couldn't bear not being able to talk to Mokuba.

/Kaiba ran in to the mansion soaked, tired, and crying. Mokuba was watching tv in the living room when he saw him. He looked at his brother then turned back toward the tv. Kaiba made his way by him and grabbed his journal and walked to the kitchen table. Renee walked by and saw him. "What happened to you sir." Renee asked. Kaiba glared at her, but said nothing. He turned back to his journal. "Right then, here let me just make you something hot, how bout some kocha." (a/n: just the regular plain tea, that you see sold everywhere) Kaiba nodded and she quickly made it. He wrote in his journal, somehow writing in it always made him feel better. He wondered who had told him to write in that journal anyway, oh yeah Mokuba. He drank down his kocha then walked up to Mokuba. "Hey kid" he said still shivering a bit. "Hmph." Mokua snorted and walked up stairs. Kaiba sighed and walked back out the door for a walk he didn't care that it was still raining./

So now here he was walking out in the rain at 4:00 in the morning, shivering violently, he hadn't thought of bringing an umbrella and he hadn't bothered changing his already soaked clothes. He sighed. -How'd i manage to get lost, I know Domino like the back of my hand- He decided to duck inside a store. He walked around and looked at all the things they had to offer, finally he decided on some juice. He walked over to the counter. "That'll be Ni Hyaku yen sir." (a/n: 200 hundred yen, a little less then 2.00) Kaiba reached into his pocket and pulled out his money. When a tiny white bag caught his eyes. He opened it and looked inside and saw the gold dancer necklace he had bought for Tea earlier. He swallowed the lump in his throat and shoved it back in his pocket. He paid for the drink, took his change, and left.

-I want to tell her that I'm sorry, that I love her, but I can't. It's not like before, before she didn't hate me. So how can tell her that I'm really am sorry, how can I tell her that my love for her is eternal, how can I tell her that she does things to me that I don't understand and that that's why i love her, I didn't even go to sleep at regular times, until she moved in then I started going to bed around the same time as her, just because I wanted to be near her, and Mokuba I don't know how I'm going to win him back...but I just have to, I can't stand this, he doesn't realize but he's always been my strength, I had everything with him, and I'm nothing without him.- He thought sadly.

Tea stared out the window of Mai's house. She knew Mai had told her to get some sleep but she couldn't. -How can I sleep when everything's so screwed up right now.- She thought sadly. She thought back at what had happened just a few hours before.

/ "Tea wait." Kaiba said grabbing her arm. "Let go, and that's Ms. Gardner to you." Tea hissed. "Tea, please just listen." Kaiba said still holding her arm. "I said let go!" Tea said taking her glass of water and splashing it his face with his free hand. Kaiba let go, and sputtered out the water. "No, you listen your the most egotistical, self-centered, narcissistic, big, dumb, ugly, jerk I have ever had the displeasure of knowing, I thought I loved you, I really did, but all you do is lie, you lie to other people, you lie to me, and you lie to yourself..." Tea snapped./

-I can't believe I said that to him.- she thought. She sighed and decided to go for a walk. She wrote a note telling Mai what she was doing and walked out the door. She looked walked outside hurriedly to nowhere. -Everything's so screwed up right now, why does this kind of stuff always happen to me.- she thought. -I don't know where I'm going to live...I can't go back living with my parents, I refuse to go back there, I don't want to live with them if they are not going to support my dream of becoming a dancer, I don't want to be a stupid lawyer and I don't want to be a stupid dentist, dancing may not be the most stable job in the world, but its my dream, and its my life. I can't stay with Yugi, it would be too awkard especially since Yami is there too... Joey's father is a loose canon and a drunk...I'm not going anywhere near Duke's and his "cheerleaders" and I don't want to impose on Tristan's family since his Aunt and Uncle are visting, besides his little cousin JoJo is enough of a burden. Serenity is staying at a hotel...which brings me back to square one where am I going to live, maybe i should see if i can have my old room back at the house i was renting- Tea thought walking down the street, not knowing that Kaiba was doing the same thing, both ignoring all the people walking by, both ignoring the fact the fact they didn't know where the heck they were walking too, and both lost deep in thought.

Makin' my way downtown, Walkin' fast, Faces pass and I'm homebound. Starin' blankly ahead, Just makin' my way, Makin' a way through the crowd.

-And then there's Seto...I still love him...but how can we be togheter after what I said, after what he did.- Tea thought tears streaming down her face covered up by the rain.

-I still love her...but how can I possibly face her again after what I did, and judging by what she said to me she probably doesn't want to see me again.- Kaiba thought.

-Where do I go from here.- They both thought at the same time.

And I need you, And I miss you, And now I wonder...

Kaiba took a long drink from his cup of juice then threw it away. He reached into his pocket then started to throw away the gold dancers necklace, first the bag, then the receipt. He started to throw away the necklace then stopped, the gold chain dangling from his hands. -I can't- he thought stuffing it back into his pocket. He continued walking buttoning up his trenchcoat, shivering violently. He continued walking. -I'd give anything to see her again, do anything to hold her again, but how.- Tea shivered wishing she had brought a coat along her little walk. She had went on the walk to clear her head, to free her thoughts from him, but now all she could think about was Kaiba. -Seto if only you knew what you mean to me, if only I had listened to what he had to say, if only I hadn't went in that room, I was only trying to help him, If I only I could turn back time, but I guess that doesn't matter now.- Tea thought.

If I could fall into the sky, Do you think time would pass me by? 'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles If I could just see you... Tonight.

Tea took a seat at a bench in the park and looked up at the sky. She placed her head in her hands. -Kaiba I'm so sorry...I'm sorry I went into that room and I'm sorry I said those things to you...and I still love you...and I can only hope you still feel the same way...- Tea thought wrapping her arms around her waist and shivering. She got up and kept walking. -I better keep moving.- she thought.

It's always times like these When I think of you, And wonder if you ever think of me.

Kaiba looked around for familar scenery but didn't see any. He shivered some more and looked around for another store to go in, but he didn't see any. -So cold...- he thought. -Err...It was so stupid of me to leave that house soaked and with no umbrella what was i thinking...bet Tea wouldn't do anything like that....Tea- He thought. He shook his head and kept walking. He looked around for a payphone so he could call home. -Surely Mokuba will be able to find me thanks to those gps locators that I put on our lockets...my locket?!- he thought suddenly feeling his neck. -Where...oh yea its back home.- He thought sadly.

/"Its a deal, now leave." Mokuba said glaring at him. Kaiba just nodded and walked out the door, pausing at the doorframe then yanking off his duel monster locket, and looking at it one last time before letting it fall to the ground. Looking at Mokuba one last time, eyes full of tears then walking off./

He shook his head and continued walking. -Tea...Mokuba...I'm so sorry I ruined your lives...I don't deserve you guys...but that doesn't mean that I'll ever stop caring about you two. - Kaiba thought leaning against a brick wall.

'Cause everything's so wrong And I don't belong. Livin' in your precious memory.

Kaiba was shivering violently now. And despite feeling extremely cold before now he felt hot. -I shouldn't of been out here as long as I have been.- he thought. Everything was begining to get blurry, so he rubbed his eyes and shook his head. He stood up and continued walking. -I have to get home fast, but how?- he thought worriedly. He had noticed a while back that the conditions of the buildings had changed, before he had saw a bunch of mansions, then small middle class homes, and tall apartment complexes, but now there was nothing but rundown houses and run down apartments, he had a vague idea where he was he was in the bad part of Domino, he was in gang territory. Yet the only things he could think of was Mokuba and Tea. -If had just swallowed my stupid pride, none of this would be happenining, Its my fault, how can I ever make it up to them...-

'Cause I need you, And I miss you, And now I wonder...

Tea decided to go to her parents house, but only for a minute. -I'll get a jacket from them then go back to Seto's. and get my stuff, then I'll guess I'll have to take it from there. Besides I need to see him again, it can't end like this.- she thought.

If I could fall into the sky, Do you think time would pass me by? 'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles If I could just see you... Tonight.

Kaiba looked around til he came across a another shop, he quickly started to make his way to there when he was stopped by a gang of guys. "Well Well what do we have here." One of them said, looking down at Kaiba, (a/n: yes, down) "Looks like rich boy here has wondered unto our side of the road." Kaiba glared up at the guy was at least a half foot taller than him and at least 200 pounds heavier than him. He was wearing a red bandana on his head and a leather jacket and a pair of dark blue jeans. His cold hazel eyes staring down at him. "Look, I don't want any trouble." Kaiba said trying to make his way in the store. "He don't want no trouble he says." laughed another guy with slicked back, greasy, black hair and a leather jacket and a bandana on his head as well. He wore light tinted sunglasses even though it was dark out. Kaiba glared at him and scowled. "Shut it Vinny." The guy with hazel eyes snapped. "Alright boss, I didn't mean no disrespect." Vinny said backing up. "So you says ya don't want no trouble well then yas came to the wrong place, punk." The hazel eyed guy said pushing Kaiba lightly on the shoulder.

Meanwhile Tea continued walking. The rain was really beating down hard now. She decided to cut through the park, to get to her house when she saw Joey and Tristan. "Hey guys over here!" she shouted. They turned around and waved at her. -Finally something to take my mind off of him...- Tea thought catching up to her. "Hey Tea what are ya doin' out this late, do you have any idea what time it is?" Joey asked. Tea stopped and looked at the ground. "Here." Tristan said taking off his coat and putting it on Tea shoulders. "Its a little wet but it should keep you warm." He said placing his hands on her shoulders. "Now do you want to tell us what's wrong?" Tristan asked. Tea shook her head and started crying again. Joey and Tristan looked at each other concerned etched into their faces. "Tea..." Joey said. Tea suddenly threw herself into the closest persons arms which just happened to be Tristans. Tristan looked at her in surprise. -Usually she's the one cheering us up...what could of happend?"- Tristan thought. Joey came over and placed a hand on Tea's shoulders. "Tea ya know ya can tell us anything right?" Joey asked. Tea nodded and kept crying into Tristans shirt. -I can't tell them what's going on...If I tell them about Kaiba they might hurt him and no matter what I don't want to hurt him, I still love him.-

If I could fall into the sky, Do you think time would pass me by? 'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles If I could just see you... Tonight.

Kaiba looked at his shoulder than at the guy. "Look, I'm only going to tell you one more time, I don't want any trouble, but if you touch me again then'll have no choice then to drop you where you stand." Kaiba said glaring at the hazel eyed guy. "Is that a fact." The guy laughed. "Yes that's a fact." Kaiba said trying to push past him. The guy leaned close to Kaiba's face. "Don't make me laugh...you think a puny little spoiled rich boy like you could ever hope to beat a real man like me." Kaiba punched him in the face, knocking the guy on the ground then he jumped on him and began punching him as hard as he could, until he was knocked out cold. "Why you little punk." Vinny said cracking his knuckles along with the rest of the guys. Kaiba glared at them. "If you don't back off I will not hesitate to do to you what I did to your leader there." Kaiba said glaring at him. Vinny thought about for a minute. "You win this round but don't think we'll forget this." Vinny said snapping his fingers. They rest of the guys picked up their leader and walked off. Kaiba breathed a sigh of relief, then walked into the store.

He started walking around looking at what they hard blankly. He looked and saw the guy wasn't selling him any umbrellas or jackets or anything of the sort, only food. He walked up the guy at the counter. The guy narrowed his eyes when he saw him. "Go away, we don't serve you kind here." he said. Kaiba looked at the guy incredously. "Excuse me?" Kaiba said surprised. "I saw the way you beat up that guy, we don't serve thugs here now get lost." He said nervously. Kaiba laughed to himself. -Is that what this guy things, well I guess I do look like a thug....- Kaiba thought looking down at his completely soaked clothes. Kaiba grabbed some beef jerky and threw the money for it at the guy then opened up and snapped off a piece and ate it. Then walked out the store. Once he got the store he regretted it though. -Err...If I had just explained my situation I could of used his phone instead of being out here in the cold, why, why do I always let my stupid pride get in the way- He thought shivering as a gust of wind came by and chilled him to the bone. -This is exactly what I did to Tea....I don't desereve her they say if you love someone you should let them go well then I guess I have to let you go Tea, I don't want to, but I have to.-

I, I, don't wanna let you know I, I, drown in your memory. I, I, don't wanna let this go. I, I, don't.

Tea hugged Tristan's shirt tighter. "Tea..." Tristan said wrapping his arms around her and rubbing her back soothingly. Joey watched in silence. "Tea please let us help." Joey said. Tea pulled away from Tristan, "I'm sorry, I can't" Tea said tears streaming down her face. And with that she took off running. When she was far enough away from Tristan and Joey she slowed down and began walking back to Kaiba's mansion. -I have to find him.-

Makin' my way downtown, Walkin' fast, Faces pass and I'm homebound.

She stopped walking. -But what do I say.- She thought worriedly.

Starin' blankly ahead, Just makin' my way, Makin' a way through the crowd.

She looked at the store next to her and saw a blue eyes white dragon pendant, it was blue eyes white dragon dangling from a silver chain. The blue eyes white dragon itself was silver and it had sapphire blue eyes. Tea went into the store and paid for it, even though it took almost all of the money she had. She walked out clutching the bag. -I just hope that we can work things out and that he likes this- Tea thought running towards the Kaiba mansion.

And I still need you, And I still miss you, And now I wonder...

Kaiba started making his way more and more into the bad part of Domino until ended up coming out to none other than Domino park. Kaiba looked around stunned. -How did I....? oh never mind, I guess i shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.- Kaiba thought trying to stay awake, he rubbed his eyes as he was seeing double when suddenly he felt himself get punched in the face. "Errr Kaiba what did ya do to her!" Joey shouted jumping on him. He brought his hand up to punch him again but Tristan caught him. "Joey chill." Tristan said pulling Joey off of Kaiba. Kaiba looked around dazed for a second then he stood up and fell back down. Tristan and Joey blinked. "Joey man what did you do." Tristan said. "Nothin' it was just one punch last time he kicked ma butt so why is he knocked out now?" Joey said. Kaiba moaned and started stirring.

"Hey man are you okay." Tristan asked. Kaiba scowled. "I'm fine just mind your business." Kaiba said standing up. "Err...Kaiba look he was just trying to help which is more than you deserve, now tell me what ya did to Tea." Joey said grabbing Kaiba by his shirt. "Just mind your business Wheeler." Kaiba wrenching Joey off and tossing him like five feet through the air with one hand. "Now what does this remind me of oh yes duelist kingdom, only this time Yugi isn't here to save you." Kaiba said glaring down at Joey. Joey stood off and brushed himself off. "Kaiba, I'm not scared of ya, I don't know what you did to Tea and Mokuba but I swear ya going to pay for it" Joey said spitting out mud. Kaiba eyes widened in surprise, then fogged over. "Mind your own buisness Wheeler." Kaiba said quietly. "Wat was that, mind my own business, well guess what Kaiba I'm making it my business, so tell me wat ya did to my friends." Joey said. "I...its not of your business mutt." Kaiba said turning to walk away. Tristan noticed how flushed his face was and started to move out the way. "Man you don't look so good." Tristan said. "I said I was..." Kaiba began before falling unconcious. Tristan caught him and started shaking him. "Kaiba...Kaiba!" He shouted trying to wake him up. -Mokuba, Tea...-Kaiba thought before blacking out.

If I could fall into the sky, Do you think time Would pass.. us by? 'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles If I could just see you...

Meanwhile Tea made it to to the Kaiba Mansion, passed the gates, the idiot guards didn't know those two had gotten in an argument, and knocked on the door. Renee smirked and opened the door. -and there he is now.- she thought. She had her eyes closed and leaned against the doorframe. "Let me guess, Kaiba dear, your feeling a bit under the weather, well guess what unless you give me what I want you won't get the antidote." She said. She opened her eyes and saw a very angry soaked Tea clutching a small white bag. "Oh, its you." she said with sickening indifference. "Look, why don't you just run along and forget this whole thing and I'll forget I saw you." she said twirling a small vial in her hands. "What do you want with Seto." Tea said unimpressed crossing her arms over her chest.

"What do I want from Seto? What do I want from Seto! I want everything from him, his company, his money, his power, his fame. I want him, and everything he owns, its what I've been waiting for all these years, its what I deserve." She said grabbing Tea's arms and tossing her into the room. "How can you deserve something that belongs to somebody else, he worked hard to get where he is today, and I'm not going to stand by and watch you poison him and take his life." Tea said unimpressed by Renee strength. "Who ever said I was going to take his life. I love Seto, and would never do such a thing." Renee pouted mock innocently. "No, you see while I take over Kaibacorp, and take control of all his money and power and the inherit fame that goes with it Kaiba will be my husband and he will stay chained up in the basement watching our kids, i plan to have maybe three or four with him, wheter he likes it or not. And if he gets out of line I'll remind him of his new place with this.

Renee said pulling something from her a strap that was wrapped around her little almost see through robe. It extended, and shined in her hands. This is when Tea noticed Renee was wearing matching gold wristbands and boots, each with what appeared to be the millenium eye on them but it was backwards. "Your crazy." Tea said her voice quavering, just above a whisper. "Not crazy, just determined." Renee said cocking her head. "No, your crazy, I mean if you truly love Seto you wouldn't do this to him, I mean if you love him then how could you?" Tea said feeling her anger boil. Renee threw her head back and laughed evily. "It was soooo easy." she hissed. "I'm not going to let you get away with this." Tea said tossing the bag to the side and getting ready to fight. "You don't have a choice." Renee hissed.

Meanwhile Kaiba looked up and saw a light shining in his eyes and three worried faces standing over him. He blinked and rubbed his eyes and came the three faces came into focus. It was Joey, Tristan, and Mai. "nnn...what happened." he said getting up, suddenly noticing he wasn't in his clothes. "Where are my clothes." he asked. "We changed into some of my ex boyfriend's clothes, yours are in the dryer, because somebody hear choose to spend like half the night in the rain." Mai said. "Oh." was Kaiba's only reply. He looked over at the clothes, a pair of blue jeans and white button up shirt that was just a little to big for him. "So you okay hun, you really had us worried." Mai said. Kaiba nodded and shivered. He was still a bit cold. "How long was I out?" he asked. "Well you were out for about five minutes after you got to my house, but Joey said it took them ten or 15 minutes to get here so I'd say about 15, 20 minutes." Mai said. Kaiba looked at them then looked at the floor. He stood up. "You will be compensated for your troubles, I'll be back later for my stuff, at which time you will as I've said before you will recieve compensation." Kaiba said walking towards the door. "Arigato" he said bowing politely. (a/n: thank you.) "You wouldn't know where Tea is by the way?" he asked pausing at the doorframe. "She went out for a walk hun, she should be back soon, why don't you stay, at least until your clothes dry." Mai said getting up touching his arm. Kaiba nodded and sat back down. -This is my chance, Tea I swear as soon as you walk through that door, I'll try to make everything better again, I'll try my best, I just hope my best is good enough, because I need you back in my life.- He thought sadly.

If I could fall into the sky, Do you think time would pass us by? 'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles If I could just see you.

Renee and Tea glared each other down for a moment. -That little girl has no idea who she's messing with.- Renee thought angrily. -I'm not going to let that witch hurt Seto anymore, she's ruined both of our lives enough, and I bet she has something to do with why Mokuba's been acting so weird. Seto I love you with all my heart and I'm sorry it took to just now to realize that this whole thing's been Renee's fault this whole time, but I swear I won't give you up without a fight."

If I could just hold you.... Tonight