Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Last Christmas ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

LAST CHRISTMAS

Part 2

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami sighed, watching as Bakura and Seto dueled. Anzu was walking around, politely chatting with others and performing her hostess's duties. He wondered for the bajillionth time where his little aibou was. This just wasn't like Yugi. Last year, the little one had disappeared as well, and had been found curled up behind the big chair after, as he had claimed, playing with Mokuba, Rebecca, and some of the other younger kids. He didn't doubt that was true; his hikari had so much innocence and purity in him, he could be child like at times. But he was still a teenager, and he had hung out with his friends. He hadn't disappeared until he'd given Anzu that Christmas card. What was so special about it, Yami hadn't known, but whatever it was, it had ticked Anzu off, and had apparently hurt Yugi, although the small angel had never told Yami what happened, even though the pharaoh had asked numerous times.

`Don't worry, it was nothing.' Yugi had said with his cheerful smile before going into Yami's open arms.

"Hey! Yami!" Yami blinked, torn from his memories, and turned his attention to the speaker.

"Yami, would you like a cookie?" Anzu inquired, smiling too bright at him.

Sighing, Yami grabbed one off of the offered tray and noticed it was one of the cookies he and Yugi had baked together. They had put a dozen in a Christmas tin and brought it with them to the party as a gift for their hosts. Yami had the fleeting thought that Yugi should be at his side, offering him the cookie, instead of Anzu. With this thought, Yami was determined to see exactly what became of his hikari. "I'm going to find Yugi." Yami stated calmly, nodding his head at an open mouthed Anzu.

The others nodded absentmindedly as well, most absorbed in watching the duel. Jou fiddled with a sparkly, light blue dog collar around his neck (only peops who read my other x-mas fic, I saw joey kissing seto clause, will get this) while Ryou lay nearly asleep, with his head pillowed on one of his yami's outstretched legs.

Anzu was about to voice a protest when Jou suddenly called, "Hey, Anzu, could ya get me some more milk, please?" Grinding her teeth, she pasted a fake smile on her face and missed the wink Jou sent Yami. Yami waited until she was gone upstairs, into the kitchen, before checking behind the chair for the millionth time then slipping into the crowd himself. He checked all over and inquired amongst the younger kids and didn't find any traces of his aibou. He went upstairs in desperation when he heard low, muffled sniffles.

Peeking into the room, he gasped at what he saw. There was his precious little angel, curled up and crying so hard he was shaking. "Yugi! Aibou! What's wrong?" Yami rushed in and fell to his knees in front of his hikari and gathered him into his arms.

Yugi was startled when he felt those familiar arms gather him into a strong, warm chest. He instinctively grasped at Yami's leather shirt, burying his face against it, before he remembered the reason he was crying, and Anzu's words. He looked up into Yami's surprised face for a split second before pushing away. Shocked, Yami's grip was loosened and the little one could slip easily through it. "I-I'm so s-sorry, Yami. I- I, Anzu- I- she said- I- Oh, Gods, I'm so sorry, Yami!" With that outburst, the small one ran from the room and down the stairs, headed for the door, literally leaving behind a trail of tears since he was crying so hard.

"Yugi! Yugi! Yugi, wait! Yugi!" Yami started to follow when he found a crumpled, torn, and tear stained Christmas card and envelope. He rifled through the pieces, quickly putting them together, and read what his little one had wrote:

Dear Yami,

First of all, I want to wish you a very merry Christmas. I also want to tell you how much you mean to me. You're always there for me, and you hold a special place in my heart. I- I really like you, Yami, and I hope that you return my feelings. It's okay if you don't. Just please don't hate me, Yami. Please. I don't think I could bare it if you hated me. Do you remember last Christmas? I am truly very sorry for never telling you what happened, but I didn't want to burden you with it. It was nothing, Yami, really, I just learned a very valuable lesson. I told Anzu I had feelings for her, and she said she didn't return my feelings. That is all. I wanted to tell you this so you know………………And now, this year, I'm saying the same thing to you. But I don't think it's the same; I realize now that my feelings for Anzu were just that; feelings. It was a mere crush; puppy love as Jou would put it. But what I feel for you feels so different………so much stronger. Can this be true love? I think it is. And, if you'll accept this, I have a very personal gift to give to you, Yami. I have never given this to anyone before, and I really hope you'll accept it. Yami, I give to you my heart, if you'll have it.

Yami felt tears spring to his eyes. "Oh, Yugi, I do. And I return it thrice fold." He whispered, clutching the torn remnants of Yugi's card to his heart. Yami suddenly rose and rushed out of the room, the paper scraps shoved into his pants pocket. He slipped through the crowd, avoiding Grandpa and anyone else very familiar, and grabbed his leather jacket from the closet, where all the guests had deposited theirs. He was surprised to see his hikari's small leather coat as well. Was Yugi in so much pain he'd forgotten his jacket? Yami's heart clenched with urgency. He had to find his aibou and get him back to where it was warm! Grabbing Yugi's jacket, a smaller version of his own, Yami bundled up and slunk out the door, following the small one's footprints in the snow. At least Yugi had remembered his shoes!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

so, what do ya all think? Still keep going? The entire thing is about 10 typed pages, should I expand it? I can add more yami/ yugi fluff in the ending, which I think I will ^_^ well, if ya want part three, you know the drill! Thankies!