Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Last Christmas ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

You people really like my fic! *huggles reviewers * oh, and not that anyone cares, but i got 47 reviews for this on ff.net! *falls over, twitching *

Yami: Merry Christmas to all! She's dead! she got lots of reviews, and it fineally killed her! ^_^ *does a little happy dance *

Yugi: Yami! That's not very nice! (to reviewers) well, since Oni's in a happy, euphoric state of shock from all the reviews she's received, i'll have to say thank you for her. *grabs each reviewer, hugs them then kisses them on the cheek *

Yugi: oh, and i almost forgot! *holds out tray of freshly baked Christmas sugar cookies * me and yami baked these for you guys! well, while you guys are reading part 3, we'll be cleaning up the kitchen. for some reason, 5,000 year old spirits, especially former pharaohs, are VERY dangerous in the kitchen -_-

Yugi: enjoy your cookies and part 3! and, as soon as Oni recovers, she'll thank each reviewer personally! common, Yami, you're gonna help me clean up YOUR mess *grabs Yami and drags him into the kitchen *

Yugi: oh, one last thing! Oni used a swear word in this chappie! Yami Bakura calls anzu a bad word that begins with b and rymes with witch. most of you referred to her in your reviews as this, so i think you'll be OK with that. just a lil warnin!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Forget the snow, the ice, the cold, forget his coat, jacket, mittens, scarf, earwarmers, forget how mad Grandpa would be when he finds out, forget how much trouble he's gonna be in, just get out of the house, get away from Anzu, leave Yami and their friends alone to enjoy the party. `Just get away before anyone else sees you crying, before you ruin anyone else's Christmas.' Yugi thought to himself, trudging towards home in the deep snow.

"YUGI! YUGI! STOP! YUGI! WAIT!!! YUGI MUTOU, YOU STOP RIGHT THERE, RIGHT NOW!" Yami's angry voice halted Yugi. He had tried to ignore him, tried to get away, but the anger in the end of Yami's yell halted him. Was Yami coming to punish him? He hadn't meant for Yami to find him, hadn't meant to ruin his Christmas at all! Shaking from the bitter cold and fresh tears, Yugi was surprised when Yami scooped him up into his arms, frantically bundling him up.

"Y-yami?" he questioned timidly, his teeth chattering, unsure of what was going on. Why wasn't Yami yelling at him?

"Oh, Gods, Yugi, are you all right? I was so worried!" Yami held Yugi in his arms, pressing his face against his chest. Yugi was now thoroughly bundled up, and Yami had to get him back to the warm house, fast. As he was running to catch up to the small one, he's seen how badly the winter weather had affected his defenseless hikari. Yugi's body was shaking with more than a broken heart, his tears had frozen on his face, his feet, fingers and ears were numb, his socks and shoes were soaked from snow that had worked its way into his sneakers and melted, and his face was a bright cherry red. One cheek was swollen and, underneath the wind scraped redness, the skin was becoming black and blue.

Yami raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. He held his hikari tightly and simply read Yugi's mind as he carried him back to Anzu's house. He would have simply used their mind link to communicate earlier, but Yugi had blocked it off. This time, however, the poor hikari was so upset and distraught that Yami could easily read his mind. He saw the scene with Anzu, and felt all of Yugi's pain. No wonder his small angel was crying! His own heart clenched, and he and Anzu were going to have a *nice*, little chat.

Yami entered the house, flung their coats in the closet, and sneaked downstairs. When everyone saw Yugi in Yami's arms, their faces registered shock and astonishment. "What happened? Is he okay?" Ryou asked.

"Ask Anzu." Yami glared at the said girl, who was stunned speechless for once in her life. That, and the cold, scathing look Yami sent her had her more than a little afraid.

Yami wrapped Yugi in a blanket on the back of the couch and sat down with him in his lap, gently rubbing his chilled body to help the blood circulate to warm him back up.

Bakura was about to grab Anzu and force her to spill the beans, because the pharaoh was absorbed in comforting his hikari, who looked as if he'd been drug through hell, when the little bitch suddenly bolted up the stairs, claiming she was going to get Yugi some hot chocolate to warm it up. But she never came back down.

Nearly half an hour later, Yugi looked up into Yami's concerned, caring ruby red eyes. "I'm sorry, Yami." Yugi would have cried, but Yami placed a finger over his warmed up, trembling pink lips.

"Hush, hikari. It's alright. I know what Anzu did, and it's no fault of your own. And I want you to know that it's not Christmas without you. You mean so much to me, Yugi. You mean a lot to all of us." The others made soft noises of assent in their throats, even Bakura, although Ryou had to nudge the tomb robber in his ribs.

Yugi, hardly daring to believe him, let hope light up his eyes. Yami smiled, and kissed his aibou's forehead. Yugi returned his smile. "Yugi, sweet aibou, I also found the card you had written to me, then ripped up." Seeing the worry and fear run across his angelic features, Yami smiled and placed Yugi's head over his heart. "Hear that, aibou? That beats only for you."

Yugi's eyes welled with tears of joy, and he reached up for Yami, who bent down and pressed their lips together softly. Yugi's heart fluttered with joy, Yami's love mending Anzu's treachery, and the little one wrapped his arms around Yami's neck, pulling him closer. Yami obliged and smashed his lips against Yugi's soft, yielding ones. His tongue slipped past the petal soft flesh when he felt Yugi's breath quickening, struggling to breath. Face red, Yami pulled away and shifted Yugi so that he lay on Yami's chest, head buried in the crook of his neck and smiling widely.

"Yami, I-" Yugi whispered, but Yami cut him off.

"Hush, hikari. Hush. It's alright, now. Daijoubu?"

Yugi nodded. "Hai. Arigato, Yami. Gomen for being so much trouble."

"You're not trouble, aibou. Now, hush." Yugi did as bidden and cuddled against Yami, who wrapped his arms around him securely.

The others had watched with soft looks of understanding on their faces. "Um, so, what do we do now?" Jou asked.

Seto spoke up. "We don't have much of a choice. I will be leaving soon with Mokuba, but, for tonight, the best we all can do is stay and ignore Anzu until the party is over. Parents will get suspicious if we all decide to leave, and what's happened is really none of their business."

Yami nodded. "Do what you will. I'm going to have a talk with Anzu, then I'm taking Yugi home."

"How will you convince Motou-san to leave early?" Jou asked.

Yami smirked. "I have a plan." He then laid Yugi down on the couch and kissed him softly before going to hunt down Anzu. Ryou dragged his yami near the couch, and the

two sat on the floor next to Yugi, watching him like a hawk.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yugi: she's still out

Yami: praise the Lord! ^_^

Yugi: now i know why Santa never leaves anything but coal for yamis. so, what did you guys think of this chappie? anzu bashing next, if ya guys still want this fic! reviews are VERY much appreciated! Oni gets a big thrill out of checking her email and finding lots of reviews! you guys make her very happy! really!

Yami: pathetic author with no life

Yugi: -_- i give up. review and make her happy, onegii? *big chibi eyes *