Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Like A Pack Of... What? ❯ Day 5: The Raisins Return ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh. I don't even own Nixxus Gene Lexus, Roman Jacob Lexus Jr., or Alexandrian James Lexus, as they belong to my dear friend Seto-chan.

Warnings: Shonen ai, that means boyxboy, folks. Some cursing. And OOC-ness, which is abundant because it's what makes this story so funny. I try to make them in-character as much as I can, but I usually wind up failing. Ah well, the OOC-ness is supposed to be there, everyone. Don't like it, don't read. If you like it or find it amusing or both, read on and enjoy the insanity!

-O-F-F--L-I-K-E--A--P-A-C-K--O-F--...--W-H-A-T-?-- O-F-F--L-I-K-E--A--P-A-C-K--O-F--...--W-H-A-T-?-

Day 5: The Raisins Return
Log of the Road Trip

Day 5

Food: eaten

Sanity: nonexistent

Yami

So here we are, once again crammed into the car from Hell and on our way back to Domino City. The more sane of the Ishtars is driving, since they’re the only two not completely pissed off about the whole mall explosion thing. The thief’s pissed off because the two caused mayhem without him and Ryou’s been glaring at him the entire morning. And Yugi’s glaring at me now for cursing in writing.

And now the pink-loving lover of Mokuba’s wants to play a game.

0-0-0

Bakura smirks at the idea of playing a game, deciding it’s the perfect way to get his revenge. “Lets play… spin the bottle.” He says, pulling an empty vodka bottle out from under the seat. Ra knows how he got it. Probably stole it.

“Wait, tell me you’re not suggesting that we play spin the bottle in a car.” Duke says.

Bakura looks at him with a raises eyebrow and says, “Yeah.” in a tone that makes it sound like it’s obvious.

“Well, you can’t say it wouldn’t be a good way to pass time.” Yugi says, trying to keep everything peaceful for the moment. Because peace is good. Very good. Especially when you have twelve people stuck in a van together for hours at a time.

“Yugi, we’re in a vehicle.” Duke says, exaggerating the word ‘vehicle’. “A moving one that has twelve people crammed into it and no perfectly flat areas. It’s difficult to play spin the bottle on moving surfaces. Don’t ask how I know.” He adds when Joey and Seto give him weird looks. Of course when the two notice they’re doing the same thing they glare at one another and turn away from one another.

Everyone else ignores them. Except for Nixx, who just has to try and provoke them.

“De-ni-al!” He sings off-key. “They’re in de-ni-al!”

“Shut up, Lexus.” Seto growls, narrowing his eyes at his little brother’s boyfriend.

“And if I don’t?” Nixx asks, sticking out his tongue.

“If you don’t then I’ll be forced to hit you in the head with that vodka bottle the thief has and then use the shards to carve out your heart and shove it up your ass!”

There is silence in the car.

“Damn, and I thought I was bad.” Mariku comments from up front. “I don’t think I’ve ever threatened to do something like that.”

“No,” Malik agrees. “you’ve only threatened to use your daggers to cut open people and pull out their entrails before you manage to find their spleen so you can feed it to ‘Mr. Blender’.”

There is once again silence in the car.

“Damn, and you think I’m bad!” Bakura tells Ryou.

Ryou sighs. “Oh no, not at all. I can recall that one time when you threatened to--”

“OKAY!” Yugi interrupts loudly, bothered by all the death threats. “So how are we going to play this game of spin the bottle?”

“Can we play ‘throw the bottle and see who it hits in the head’ instead?” Mariku asks innocently from up front.

“No!”

“Oh, okay.” Mariku sighs and goes back to his coloring book.

Bakura smirks. “Alright, here’s how it’s going to go. I’m going to use a spell to make this bottle spin in mid-air--”

Seto snorts. “Yeah right.”

“Yeah, that was total bullshit.” Bakura agrees with a smirk, earning himself a smack on the arm from Ryou. “So here’s how it’s really going to go: we’re going to use one of those trays we stole from the hotel and spin the bottle on that. And since we’re playing the game by my rules--”

“Says who?” Yami interrupts crossly. “Your rules are horrible.”

Bakura glares. “Shut up or die.”

Yami rolls his eyes, deciding to humor Bakura instead of arguing with him over something so stupid.

“Since we’re playing the game by my rules, I get to spin the bottle first.” Bakura finishes.

“Wait a minute,” Duke says. “What are your rules?”

Bakura smirks devilishly, showing off his fangs. Ryou groans.

“Anything I say goes. Got that?” He asks.

Everyone nods and Bakura sits back in his seat, looking satisfied. And then the game begins.

0-0-0

Hours later, when Bakura finally agrees to stop playing spin the bottle, they stop for lunch at Burger World. And since something bad happens every single time they stop to get something, it’s only right that something bad happens once again. Right?

For once, everything goes smoothly as they get their food and sit down. (at separate tables, of course.) Yugi, Yami, Joey, Serenity, and Duke take one table; Bakura, Ryou, Malik, and Mariku take another table; and Seto gets stuck with Nixx and Mokuba at another table. They manage to eat most of their food in peace until Bakura and Mariku start fighting over who gets to eat the last French fry and Nixx takes his flirting with Mokuba to a whole new level.

This can only end in disaster.

“I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!”

“LEXUS, GET OFF OF MY BROTHER!”

“BITE ME, BAKURA!”

Bakura lunges across the table, reaching for the French fry that is in Mariku’s grasp. His weight on the table makes it fall over sideways, taking Bakura and Mariku with it. Ryou and Malik have long since backed away from the table, staying out of the fight.

Over at the table with the two Kaiba’s and Nixx, Seto’s yelling has attracted more attention than Nixx and Mokuba making out ever possibly could.

It gets to the point that the fighting and flirting escalates to the point the manager has to come out and ask them to leave. When they don’t he calls the police and manages to get them banned from all the Burger Worlds in Japan. By the time they’re ushered out the door, poor Yugi is in tears at the thought of not being able to go to Burger World anymore.

And so the road trip from Hell continues.

0-0-0

It’s been over an hour since they were kicked out of Burger World and Malik is still driving and Mariku is beside him giving him directions. In the middle seats are Seto, Joey, Duke, and Serenity. In the back seats are Bakura, Ryou, Mokuba, and Yami. In the very back are Nixx and Yugi, who seem to be getting along well.

“Seto. Seto. Seeeeto. Seeeetooooooooo!”

“WHAT!?” Seto finally screeches, whipping his head around to glare at Joey, who is sitting right beside him.

Joey just smiles and holds up a box of raisins. “Want some?”

Seto growls and twitches before he grabs the box and chucks it out the window. “NO! I do not want any of your damn raisins!”

“Jeez, Kaiba. You don’t have to be so rude about it.” Joey grumbles, taking out another box of raisins. “Jerk.”

“Shut up, mutt.”

“BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!” Malik roars in frustration, making everyone in the car jump and stare at the blonde in shock. “Mariku, which way do we go? And I want a straight answer this time!”

Mariku studies the map intently before he turns it sideways and then back to the position he had it in. “Umm…”

“Mariku, the map is upside down.” Duke points out.

Mariku’s eyes widen in realization. “Oh! That explains why I couldn’t figure it out. Never mind that I can’t read a map anyway…” He says under his breath before he turns the map so that it’s not upside down.

“So where exactly are we?” Serenity asks, looking out the car window at the scenery passing by. “I don’t recognize any of this.”

“It’s… uh… a short cut!” Mariku lies. “Yeah, that’s it. A short cut.”

“So in other words, we’re hopelessly and utterly lost.” Duke fills in.

“Yeah, that’s about it.” Mariku replies. Then he tosses the map out the window, to everyone else’s horror. “Guess we’ll just have to wing it now.”

Malik’s grip on the steering wheel tightens and everyone else watches out the windows as the map blows away and lands on the windshield of the car behind them, making the car screech to a halt and cause a pile-up.

Seto groans and has to resist banging his head against the window for the umpteenth time. Joey appears to be fascinated by his boxes of raisins. Duke is trying to sneakily wrap his arm around Serenity’s shoulders. Serenity is pretending not to notice Duke’s advances, finding it rather cute. Bakura is shuffling a deck of cards, a decidedly evil expression on his face. Ryou is reading his book, trying his best not to pay attention to Bakura. Mokuba is giggling at something Nixx is whispering to him. And Yami has turned around and is talking to Yugi.

“Could this day get any worse.” Seto mutters under his breath.

Obviously someone still hasn’t learned the rules for when things are going horribly wrong. So now that he has said that, things just have to go even more horribly wrong.

“Who wants to play strip poker?” Bakura asks loudly.

Seto groans and lets his head fall against the window with an audible ‘thump’.

“Raisins?” Joey offers, actually feeling bad for Seto. After being stuck in a cramped space for a long amount of time, one learns to tolerate people.

Seto gives in an accepts the box of raisins and together he and Joey eat raisins for the next half hour while the others play Bakura’s twisted version of strip poker.

0-0-0

Several hours of boredom and cheesy jokes later they pull up at a random hotel and go in to get rooms for the night. Like always, the hotel is short on rooms and they end up having to bunk with one another whether they want to or not. Fortunately, it’s less crowded for the first time since the trip started and they only have to double up. Yugi and Yami have room 379; Bakura and Ryou have room 349; Nixx and Mokuba have room 369; Seto and Joey have room 389; Duke and Serenity have room 329; and Mariku and Malik have room 359.

With the occupants of the rooms actually getting along for once, no arguments break out that night. Although Seto and Joey, after having a few drinks together, have a little dare going. And it should prove interesting the next day.

-O-F-F--L-I-K-E--A--P-A-C-K--O-F--...--W-H-A-T-?--O-F-F --L-I-K-E--A--P-A-C-K--O-F--...--W-H-A-T-?-

Bast: Take a break to finish this story my ass.

Shiro: What can I say? I got a little distracted.

Bast: I ought to ban you from playing Kingdom Hearts 2 or writing any more fanfictions relating to KH until you finish up this story.

Shiro: Won't work. Sorry. (to readers) Hello everyone! Who out there wants to hunt me down and yell at me for taking such a long time on this chapter? (watches as numerous people raise their hands) Great... I'm not so sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. Anyway, the next chapter will be the last, since there's only so much I can write about 12 people being stuck in a van together. I will write this: there's a possibility of a sequel if I can think of some good material for it. Except it won't be a road trip story and it'll probably be shorter than this one. And hey, maybe I'll manage to get Seto and Joey together in that one.

Keitaro: (pops in out of nowhere) So who wants a sequel to this screwed up thing? And who wants Nixx to be in it? Shiro wants to know what you all think of Nixx since she knows some people get annoyed by OC's. Personally, I'm wondering exactly how many cracks we can make about airplanes. (shrugs) Guess we'll find out.

Shiro: (sarcastically) Thanks Keitaro, for giving away the so-called "plot" of the sequel-that-is-yet-to-be.

Damian: (to the remaining readers) I'll personally see to it that Shiro gets to working on the next chapter and won't take over two months to write it. Bye now!