Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Petals ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lotus Petals
Prologue
 
Pharaoh Atemu inherits the throne of Egypt the second his parents die, leaving him the only heir directly from his Father. But the terrible reminder of his Mother and Father's tragic deaths hang from his neck, a constant reminder. The question for his future remains unanswered as he takes the duties upon himself. His Father's Millennium Pendant, a solid gold reversed pyramid with the eye, shows power but harms the wielder with darkness. While his Mother's balances it out with her amethyst crystal necklace forged and blessed by the highest of priests and waters.
 
At age nineteen he's not close to the youngest of Pharaohs to be thrust into power. His crimson eyes penetrate those he looks at yet only around certain beings do they soften and his guard fallen. His pitch black hair sticks upward while it is tipped crimson at the star points. Flaxen bangs frame his sun kissed face while some strands shoot upward into the star shape resembling lightning bolts.
 
The creature that's taking control of the country is true to a few of the many things gossiped about him…he's nervous and devastated and tormented.