Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Lotus Petals ❯ Memories and Meetings ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lotus Petals
Chapter 1: Memories and Meetings
 
As the new pharaoh of Egypt I officially go by the title of Pharaoh and no longer the name of Prince or Atemu. All of this because Father and Mother are deceased. Suspiciously enough, both situations were almost exactly the same.
 
Mother died of poison when I was five. It was all too horrifying to see Mother, strong dependable Mom, lying in that bed as white as a ghost. Before they pronounced her dead she gave me her crystal which I later made into the necklace I wear underneath my tunic. It wouldn't be approved if anyone saw.
 
Last year, when I was 18, Father died of “mysterious” circumstances. Just like a few others, I believe that someone killed him with poison as well. But to voice that without proof…wouldn't feel right.
 
Now everyday goes by the exact same. This life I live…I hate it now. Uncle despises me for he wanted the throne. Mother wasn't supposed to have children but here I am. Cousin barely shows any form of emotion so talking to him isn't helpful. I wanted a pet, a friendly tame animal, yet sadly I would never have time for it.
 
Many people think that I have it made…I have the life that everyone wants. But they don't know how it feels to walk in my shoes.
 
As I lay in bed staring into the darkness I guess that the time is around the dead of night. Turning onto my side I try to fall asleep for the millionth time tonight. The soft swing of the balcony drapes draws my attention. The chill of the desert night air forces me out of bed to seal it off once more. That's when I see the hooded figure out of the corner of my eye.
 
I have no time to react as I'm slammed into the wall. Any intention of struggling melts from my mind as the being reveals a dagger and presses it firmly against my throat. Sighing the best I can around the blade I quirk an eyebrow, “Who are you?”
 
He leans lose so that he can whisper into my ear, `My name is Bakura, King of Thieves actually. I'm here to terminate you…what do you have to say to that?”
 
My voice answers him in a soft murmur, “Please…just kill me.”
 
The reply throws him off guard. A flicker of moonlight casts onto his now soften features but is only lasts a second before hardening again. The pitter patter of foot steps approach swiftly. Bakura leans in an inch closer where I can feel the hot sticky breath on my bare neck. “I'll see you later.”
 
With that he disappears just as soon as he had appeared. As the priests enter I refuse to utter a single word as to what happened. Accepting my silence as a nothing, they leave me. For the rest of the night I can tell I won't sleep just knowing that I will meet him again.