Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love & Betrayal ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ChApTeR 3

<Kira's POV>

Those few months passed by fast and became years, 3 years to be exact. I'm 21 now and the pharaoh and his mistress are 22. Phera stopped coming to sessions this year. She's 9 years old now. She stopped coming because her father wanted her to perfect her shadow powers. I never told her that she was a shaman, nor did the pharaoh, he chose to forget. My heart still aches and empty, but I still have company. I don't know what the necklace's name is yet, but I plan on finding out soon, just not now.

There was one thing that bothered me the most. I really shouldn't called my daughter Phera anymore. They changed her name to Galatea, after her highness' mother. The name I gave to 'Galatea' <Phera> was my best friends name, the one that was allergic to water. She was always there for me, treated my like a sister, she even showed me cool magic tricks. I was a little sister to her, because well her age obviously, she was two ages older than me, but because we had a lot in common. Her parents would abuse her too. That name was given to her to honor my best friend Phera. She died young, people say she died from dehydration, but I know that's not true. Well all my student are coming along great, they've mastered everything I've taught them, well every student except Galatea, she stopped practicing in all so she forgot most of the things I taught her. I kind of saw it coming, I still bare the curse, no one has broken down that barrier. I rejected every man that asked me out or tried, for the reason of fear and the oath I made to myself. Even if I fell in love, it wouldn't last, I'm not allowed to have happiness or love for a long period of time. It would only last about a day or 2 and no more.

<Yami's POV>

My daughter has come a long way, she grew up to make me proud. I was thinking of make her pharaoh. I know I should think about it more but I'm certain that she'll be a good pharaoh. There was never a woman pharaoh, but I'll be the first one to try this out. I love my daughter with all my heart and I can see that she can even be a better pharaoh than me. She is already very popular in the villages, but there was one thing that bothered me the most. I just couldn't put my finger on it. "Dad! Dad! Dad! Look at what I got from mom!" It was a necklace. "It looks beautiful on you. Where's your mother?" "She in the room talking with DMG and DM about something." "About what?" "I don't know, I think it's got to do about Sensai Kira." "I'm going to your mother, if anyone's looking for me tell them I'm busy, ok." "Okay dad." She gave me a kiss on the cheek and ran off. I went over to the room.

When I was about to go in I heard yelling. I put my ear on the door and couldn't believe what I heard. It told me that Tea isn't as great as I thought. "I don't ever want to hear that name again! And didn't I tell you, don't go after her!" "Don't yell at her!" "How dare you speak up to me you slave!" "You know if Yami knew what kind of person you were, he would have never married you. You're not good enough for him, you selfish bitch." "I'm telling on Yami and he'll send you to the Shadow Realm." "I don't care if I get to the Shadow Realm as long as Yami find out that all this was a plan to destroy Kira. I knew you came back just because of her. How could you be so cruel? Yami might have fallen for you now, but sooner or later he'll find out and you know it." "Ha! I'll be long gone before he finds out! If you think that his going to trust you, then your wrong." "And why do you think that?" "Well haven't you seen, he's head over heels for me, except for that slave Kurly." "It's Kira and how could you change her daughter's name?!" "Ewww...don't tell me you like that name Phera! That is such an ugly name." "Shut up! Kira name her daughter Phera to honor her best friend!" "DMG your going to pay for mentioning that name and raising your voice at me."

I walked away from the door went into my study room filled with shock. I sat there quietly and thought about the things they said. "Phera...Kira...those names sound familiar." I whispered to my self. I put my head back, close my eyes and let out a heavy sigh and thought. 'How could Tea do this to me? Ha, I should've known it was too good to be true. I feel so bad, I change the name of her daughter without her permission. I should change her name back to Phera.......that name sounds familiar. Wait could it be.......no, she wouldn't know anyone that important. Kira's practically a nobody. Tea maybe cruel, but she's a princess and probably know a person like Magician Phera. People think she died from dehydration because she was allergic from water, but I know the real truth. She might have been a kid, but she was known as a great magician. The problem was that her parents abused her. She could communicate with spirits and link with them in the physical world. She was a shaman. She even found away to link with the duel monsters. Then one night she was facing the Lord of the Underworld.

At the end of the battle, she destroyed the Dark Lord, but in the process, she destroyed herself. His minions ran with fear and was never found. 'But anyways enough history, a plan to put Tea's plan in my favor.'

<Kira's POV>

I was up in the mountains teaching my student how to trust their instincts in battle. The sun was really getting to me, I was becoming dizzy and cold all of a sudden. I didn't know why I felt so cold, the sun was up. 'Maybe this is a punishment.' Then I collapsed. My students ran towards me. "Sensei! Sensei!" "Guys I think we should take her home, she has a fever and if we don't get her home who knows what'll happen." "Your right, let go." "We should make those thing where it flat and there are handles on each corner so it can be easier to carry her." "Good idea! We can lay her down on the flat surface and grab the handle and carry her home!" "Lets do it!"

<Students' POV>

We finished making the flat mat thing and carried Sensei home. She looked really ill. We put her in bed and did everything we could to keep her temperature down and tried to wake her up, but it was no use. We had to get home, so instead we made a get well soon card and left.

<Necklace Spirit's POV>

I was really worried about Kira, getting sick for a while, but I never thought that it would be this serious. If only there was someone that can help her. I would but I'm just a spirit, I can't do much. Then I heard the door knock. I went and opened it. "Hello, I'm Saige, is Kira here." He was hooded, I didn't trust him. "What do you want with her?" "I'm her childhood friend and well I heard she was getting sick so I thought I'd bring her some medicine. I'm also Jackie's apprentice." "Oh, come in she's in her room." He went into her room and walk directly to Kira. He put his hand on her cheek and light came from his hand. After a minute or two Kira opened her eyes and looked at me. "Hey necklace, and who are you?" "You forgot already." The guy took off his hood. "Oh my gosh, Saige. Hi, it's good to see you. How are you?" "Good."

<Kira's POV>

I couldn't believe my eyes. Saige was here, I remember when we were little. It would be Saige, Phera and me and we would play all day long, well it kind of changed when I was getting beat by my mother. "How's your curse? Didn't break yet?" "No, not yet. The necklace said that there was a barrier around it deep inside of me and that unless someone can break it down, the curse will not be broken." "Umm, Kira that necklace spirit is Phera." "What?" I looked at necklace, she came up to me and smile. "Kira, I was heartbroken when you didn't recognize me." Tears started to come down. "Phera, I missed you alot! I never thought that I would loose

you but I did and...and..." I couldn't talk, so I cried instead and Saige came me a comforting hug. "Ssh Ssh, don't cry Kira. We're all here together again so you don't need to cry anymore. Nothing we'll separate us three no longer." "I'm sorry Phera." Phera came up to me. "Little sis, you shouldn't feel sorry. I should, I did such horrible things to you. I have been meaning to pay you back, Kira." "No, you don't have to, being here is good enough for me." "But I won't feel better, unless I do this." She put her hand on my forehead. I feel very relaxed, then I looked at my hands and up, my scars were disappearing. "Big sis, you didn't have to." "Well it's the least I can do. I didn't heal what the pharaoh did to you for a reason, you'll understand later." Then I saw her look at Saige and put a thumbs up, I was confused. I pouted. "I don't like when you guys do that to me." "Oh, your going to like the surprise we have for you Kira." Saige said with a mischievous smile. I decided not to care, I was too tired to think. "Guys I'm tired I'm going to bed, you guys can stay if you want. I have two extra rooms." "Kira, always the one prepared with something like this." "Hey." "Hahaha, just kidding, goodnight Kira." I knew Saige was just joking around, but still. I smiled. "Good night Phera. Good night Saige. See you guys in the morning."

Next morning, I woke up and ate breakfast with Saige and Phera. I was still pretty sick and was to cancel my lesson today. I sent letter to everyone of my student that there would be no sessions today and thank you for there beautiful card. I ate some of the medicine that Saige brought me, I felt a little better, but not quite. "You have to take that once in the morning after breakfast and in the night after dinner for 7 days, then you'll be good as new." "Hey Kira there's an invite for you." "What is it for?" "For a ball to find a new wife for the pharaoh." "Stop lying Sissy <nickname for Phera, not really sisters> the pharaoh is already married to Tea." "Hey isn't he the father of your child, Kira." "Yeah, I named her after Phera, but they changed it to Galatea." "Nu-ah, according to this, her name hasn't changed or they changed her name back to Phera." "Let me see that." Phera handed to me. It read:

Miss in household,

We request your presence at the palace for the choosing of the pharaoh's new bride. Her highness has gone and we need a new queen. Attendance is mandatory, his highness, will be waiting for your arrival at the ball with his lovely daughter, Phera.

From Yours Truly,

Council

<Yami's POV>

"I don't want to hear it! It's over, I've already filed for divorce and I'm going to look for a new wife! Now get out of my sight, before I send you to the dungeons!" Tea ran as fast as possible with tear filled eyes. DMG and DM just looked at me, then DMG asked me. "How did you know?" "I over heard your conversation. I should of known it was to good to be true. I want to apologize to both of you." "Don't apologize to us, apologize to Kira. After all it was her that Tea was after." "But, tell me DMG who's this Phera, that I heard. What that name so special to Kira that would make her name her daughter that?" "Oh, Phera was Kira's best friends, they were like sisters. She told me that she would call her little sis and she use to be there for her. She also mention a guys name, but I don't. He's Jackie's apprentice though." "I see." 'Then I guess I was right, it isn't her.' "Oh yeah, and Phera was a shaman, like Kira, but then she died, in a big explosion. That's all I'm allowed to tell you Yami. I promised Kira that I wouldn't tell anyone." 'What!?!? So it was her! But how?!?!' "Thank you DMG." And I went off to go to the garden, while I was going I heard the two talking.

"Do you think Kira's even going to come to this ball?" DM asked. "Yes and no. Yes, because her daughter is here, but I don't know if she can come." "Why do you say that?" "I heard she was really sick and that she's stuck in bed with a big fever. I really should visit her today, but I don't know if Yami will let me. I mean you know what happened between them. He probably hates her too." "Hey but didn't Kira mention, something about a boyfriend?" "I'm not sure, we seriously need to go talk to her and get things straight." "Do you think she still has the curse?" "I think so, she told me that the necklace tried to break it, but couldn't." "Why?" "Because, it's deep within inside of her and she built a wall over, and unless someone can break it down then the curse will stay with her until she dies, but I don't anyone can." "That's true, since she made an oath." "What oath?!" I came up behind them and saw them jump. "How can someone break the curse?" "Well, the curse can't be broken if she keeps up that wall of her's." "What wall?" "Well ever since that night she decided never to love because of the curse. She knew that it would only bring her pain and get her no where. I guess all those years of not really being able to experience really caring and stuff, she built a wall and a very strong one too, not even the spirit in the necklace can break it. I don't think anyone, well except that one person. I forgot his name."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Kira not ever loving again. A strong wall and a curse, that only this guy can break. "I think his name was Saige DMG." "Yeah, well that's all I know Yami. I would tell you more, but I haven't talked to her since the night DM and I went to visit." "Alright then." "But Yami, why did you want to know?" "I have my reasons. You two should get ready for the ball too." "Alright." They said in unison. I went into my room and Phera was there. "Hey dad?" "Yes, dear." "Did you kick her out?" "Who?" "Tea." "Yes, why?" "Just wondering, umm dad?" "Hm?" "Is mom coming?" I looked at her. "I don't know if she's coming. I sent her an invitation, but she's ummm..." "She what? Did something happen to her?" She looked very worried. 'Why wouldn't she be worried, she's her birth mother.' "Dad, please tell me, is she ok? I feel bad leaving her like this." Phera let out a sigh. 'She reminds me of Kira.' "You remind me of your mother." "How?" "Your expression. Your mother wasn't a very happy person. I never knew why." "Well maybe you should have care about her more or at least get to know her. I know why she was always sad. She always told me she would be fine and just build a wall right in front so everyone would just stop bugging her." "Do you miss her alot?" "Yes, I miss her alot, she never taught me how to shoot an arrow because I stopped coming."

<Daughter Phera's POV>

I knew that my father didn't like my mother that much. Whenever I bring her up he would try to change the conversation or just didn't want anything to do with her. I never knew why he hated her so much. My wish is that they get together one day and mother won't be so sad anymore. These balls my father sets up are useless, I just hope mother comes. I want to see her. I want to be held in her arms again and hear her stories. I still know where she left off. She never told me if the pokemon was saved. I miss how she would tackle me and tickle me all over and make me pokemon and duel monsters rag doll. I walked out of my father's room and went into my own. I never told them or shown them my rag dolls, in fear they might throw them away. I sat on my bed and took out my treasure box. I took my favorite ones out. It was a Clafairy and DMG, I gave them a big hug. "Hey guys did you guys miss me. I'm sorry I haven't played with you in such a long time, but I haven't forgotten, you guys are the only memories I still have of my mom. You two were the very first one she made for me. I wish that my mom come today." I looked out the window. It was almost sun down about 6 pm to be exact. "Do you guys miss her too?" She looked at their faces. "Well of course you do. Who doesn't miss their own creator when they're away?" "So, who are those friend you've been talking to Phera?" I gasped, I looked at the direction of the door and it was father. "Dad!" I looked at my rag dolls and quickly hid them behind my back. "I wasn't talking to anybody." "Oh, then what are you hiding behind you?"

<Yami's POV>

I never saw those dolls before, they look old. "Uh, nothing! I'm not hiding anything dad, honest!" "Phera I know, that your hiding something from me, so give it here." "Why?" "Because I'm your father and I'm the pharaoh." I saw her reluctantly handing them over to me. I saw they were just rag dolls. 'These are no toys for a princess.' "Phera if you really wanted toys, you could've just asked me, instead of playing with these things. They're old and unless toys. I'll dispose these and get you new ones." I suddenly saw tears in her eyes. She was starting to cry. "Phera why are you crying? Do you miss your mother that much?" "No, your wrong, they're not just toys to me! They mean everything to me! My mom made those for me when I was a baby! And they have always been there when no one was! Mom said they were special! That they weren't ordinary rag dolls! She said if you talk to them they'll talk back to you! And they did! They're my bestest friends! You can't throw them away! If you do I'm never ever going to forgive you!" I took a step forward. "Those are the only memories I have of mom!" "Why didn't you tell me Phera?" "Because I know that you hate her, you don't want to hear her name!" "But I thought you forgot about her." "I was acting, no child can ever forget their mom, well at least not me! I miss her all the time! I just don't bring her up because you hate her so much! I don't know why you even had me if you never even liked her." Then it hit me, what Phera was saying hurt me, very much.

'How could she say those thing to me?' "Because it's true." I was shocked, then I realized. "So, I see you've been practicing your shadow powers. You read my mind." I came up to her and gave her back her dolls. "I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you."

<Daughter Phera's POV>

'I'm sorry father, but your too late, you've hurt me by hating mother.' I took my rag dolls from his hand and wiped my tears. "Thank you daddy." "Phera, if I knew how much they meant to you, I've would have never touched them. I'm very sorry, please forgive me." I gave him a small smile of reassurance. Then he kissed my forehead. "Come on we should get ready for the ball, if daddy's going to choose a new mommy." That part made me sad. "Dad, do you really hate mom?" He changed the subject right away. "Phera go get changed." "Yes dad." I went into my walk-in closet. 'I really hope mom comes. I would go see her, but the council won't let me leave the palace. I have to find away.' I got into a simple baby-blue dress, not too revealing.

<Kira's POV>

I was in bed asleep, but I couldn't sleep I just had to see Phera again. I got up and used the wall as my guide. I got into a pair of pants, a long sleeve top, then I put a cloak over me so no one would suspect me to be one of the pharaoh's choices. When I was about to go out, Saige caught me. "Where do you think your going?" I was too afraid to turn around. "No where?" "Then why are you dressed like that?" "Just because." "Are you thinking about going to that ball?" I gave up my lies. "Yes, I just wanted to see Phera again. I miss her so much. I wonder if she forgot me or not. I want to see how much she's grown, or if she's just fine." Tears started to roll down my cheeks. Saige came up to me and patted my back. "I'll take you, but you have to promise me something Kira?" "What?" "That you won't stay long. Your in no condition to be running around in the cold." "But..." "No but, see her and talk with her for a few minutes and that's it. Look at you, you can barely walk." "So." "If you can't find her, then just come out." "But Saige this might be the only time I'll ever get to see her, please let me stay." He looked at me and gave up. "Fine, I'll pick you up in an hour." I gave him a hug. "Thank you." Then he gave me a ride over to the palace

<Yami's POV>

The ball was beautiful and was filled with beautiful people and duel monsters too. I saw some familiar faces, that I didn't want to see. I saw DMG and DM looking for someone. I looked over at Phera, she was looking for someone too. "Who are you looking for, your soulmate??" She looked at me with a line of pink across her face. "No, I'm looking for mommy. Where is she? I hope she comes soon." That made me wonder, how Kira was going to dress for this event. Then I saw some guy dropping off a cloaked person. The person approached the ball and was led to a table and the person sat down.

<Kira's POV>

I had to give the pharaoh a bit of credit, the great hall was beautiful. I was escorted to a small table. I was offered many drinks but I refused every one of them. I came here to see my daughter, not to have dinner. I think his highness spotted me when I came in. I saw Phera right nexted to him, she grew so much. It made tears fall from my eyes at the look of her. It looked like she was looking for someone. 'Maybe this isn't just for the pharaoh, but I hoped that she would wait until she was at least 18 years old and hopefully not turn out like me.' Tears just kept on falling and then I couldn't take it anymore, I just had to leave. I got up and went outside and decide to walk home. I didn't care if I was sick.

<Yami's POV>

I saw the cloaked person leave, but he or she was limping. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and saw... "Hey Yami! Remember me!" It was Jessica, she had a big crush on me when we were little. I took a good look at her, she look good. Phera just looked at me clueless. "Daddy, who is this lady?" Jessica jumped. DMG and DM looked over at my direction. "Well hello there, what you name?" "My name is Phera. Who are you?" She was sad and tried to hide it with anger. "I'm your father's friend. My name is Jessica." She gave her a glare. 'She looks like me when I glare at people.' Jessica got mad too. "Don't you stare at me like that!" "I'll stare at you like this if I want to you whore!" "What did you say you little...!?" "You heard me tramp, now stop messing with my daddy, his mine!" Phera hung on to me. "Yami are you going to let her talk to me like that?!" I glared at Jessica. 'How dare she yell at my Phera?' "Jessica I think you should leave! No one ever talk to my daughter that way!" Jessica just looked at me and then left.

I converted my gaze to Phera, she looked at my and smiled. "Phera, don't talk to guest like that, you need to treat people with respect older or younger." I told her softly so she knows that I'm not mad at her. "I'm sorry dad, it's just...well mom didn't come and the ball is almost over." I saw tears coming out of her eyes. I didn't want to do the ball anymore. I have never seen Phera so sad before. I told the head guard to escort everyone back to there homes.

I took Phera to her room. She cried her heart out. "Why didn't she come?" DMG and DM tried to cheer her up, but didn't work, so I sent them off on their ways. I stoked her hair. "Shh, it's okay don't cry." "No it's not! It's all my fault she didn't come. She hate me for leaving her." "No, she doesn't hate you." "Yes, she does." I was angry at Kira. 'How could she do this to her own daughter?!' When Phera fell asleep, I rode my horse over to her house, but along the side I saw the cloaked person on the floor. I would help him or her but I need to get to Kira's.

When I got there and knocked the door, the door opened, but it wasn't Kira. It was a guy. 'Kira never told me she had a boyfriend.' "Your highness, please come in." "Where's Kira?!" "I thought she was with you." "She never came to the ball and Phera was devastated! Where's Kira!? And who are you?!" "My name is Saige." "Why are you in Kira's house?" "I was just getting ready to pick her up from the ball? But if she's not there, then where could she be?" "So are you saying that she did come to the ball?" "Yes, I dropped her off myself, she was wearing a cloak." My eyes widened. 'I left her on the streets.' "So what are you? Her boyfriend?" "No, I'm just her friend. I'm going to get married soon, but I think of her as a little sister." "I see, I think I know where Kira is. You stay here, she'll be safe with me and she'll be able to see her daughter." I was about to leave, but then... "Wait, take this." He gave my a vial. "What's this for?" "It's her medicine. She been sick for a while and she need it to get better. Give it to her after breakfast and after dinner only." I turned to go, but I stopped, I just had to know. "Why do you care so much about her?" "Because she's like a little sister to me and she's been going though alot and well she needs me to be there for her when Phera isn't." "Which Phera?" "The spirit in her necklace. She use to be a shaman until she got killed in a battle. She was also like a big sister to Kira. We were a family." "I see." "Please take good care of her. I know you not very fond of Kira, but please your highness." "Don't worry, Phera would never forgive me, if I treated her mother bad." "Thank you sire." I smiled and went off.

I saw Kira on the street floor. I picked her up and carried her to the palace and put her in her old room. 'I never knew how cold this room was.' I set her on the bed and took off her hood. She was breathing really hard and her body temperature was really high, higher than most people with fevers. I didn't know what to do, so I just left her there and went to bed as well.

<Kira's POV>

It was middle of the night, I woke up and saw I was in my old bed, I turned to my side and another piece of glass pierced me. I tried to take it out but it was no use. My other piece of glass was still in me, but another one entered. I decided not to move and went to sleep. I don't know if I fell asleep or fell unconscious from the loss of blood.

<Yami's POV>

Next morning I woke up got ready and ate breakfast with Phera. "Dad, may I be excused?" I looked at her plate, it was empty. "Is there something wrong Phera?" "It's just I want to go to my room, that's all." I sighed to myself. "Yes you may." "Thank you." I looked at her leave, it reminded me of Kira. 'Wait Kira! I forgot that she was here! I better get her breakfast so she could have her medication.' I quickly ate and asked for a tray. I went into the room Kira was in.

She looked like she didn't get any sleep. I felt her forehead, it was burning hot, I shook her to see if she was awake, but she didn't wake up. I tried again, but still she didn't wake up. I shook her more fiercely, suddenly her swung loosely at the edge of the bed and something was dripping from her hand. I bent down and saw that it was blood. I took off her cover and saw that she had lost alot of blood.

A/N: STOP! A cliff hanger...muhuhahaha...am I evil or wut...anyways I hope you liked it. =p