Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love & Betrayal ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4

<Yami's POV>

'I couldn't believe my eye's. Her mattress was covered in blood. She must have fainted from the loss of blood.' I grimaced. 'Why didn't she say anything? If she did I could have done something to stop the bleeding. She's always so stupid! No wonder I hate her so much! I don't know what I saw in her that night. I regret it so much! I wished it was someone else till this day! I should have never took her in as a personal slave then I wouldn't feel this way!' I looked at her closely. 'She's cute when she's asleep, well except for the blood. Oh right! The blood I better patch up the wound. I wonder how she got hurt though.'

I took her cloak off, the blood was coming from her left shoulder. There was a really thin but long piece of glass in her. I checked again and found another one but deeper in. "How did these get in here? It's almost impossible to take out." But still I tried my best to take it out. I didn't really get the emotion I was feeling towards this commoner. I checked the time, it was almost 10. "I better hurry and wake her up." After a min or two I took it out. "Yes! I took it out!" Suddenly Phera came in. "What did you take out dad?" "A piece of glass from your mother. She's been bleed since last night." "What?!?! Mom's here!!!" She pushed me aside and started to cry. "Mom! Mom! Mom! Are you okay?! Please, be okay!" She buried her face into her mother's chest.

I saw Kira's arm move over to Phera's head and started to stoke it. "Phera, why are you crying?" She tried to pull herself into a sit position, but struggled, so I helped. She turned to me and smiled. "Thank you, your majesty." I heard but it was very faint and raspy, but beautiful. I blushed, on accident. 'Wait! Where did that come from? Remember you hate this woman and you will never be with her even if your life depended on it. H-A-T-E H-A-T-E H-A-T-E L-O-V-E! Grrr, this isn't working. Where are these feelings coming from?' My arm was still supporting her up and she was holding a crying Phera. Kira's shoulder was still bleeding, I got a cloth, pulled up her sleeve and wiped the blood, but then She said, "You don't have to your majesty." I ignored her and got the wound cleaned up. I couldn't control myself, the position I was in made me feel like we were finally a happy family. Phera, Kira and me, just sitting together.

<Kira's POV>

I tried to calm Phera down as much as possible, then I felt the pharaoh wiping my wound. "You don't have to you majesty." But he didn't. 'I guess he chose to ignore me or I wasn't loud enough. <sigh> I don't care, what he does to me, as long as I'm with Phera, I'm happy.' "Mom, please don't go away anymore. I want to you to stay with me and dad forever." I was stunned as well as the pharaoh was, but I smiled and softly told her, "Phera?" She looked up and I wiped her tears. "I'm never going to leave you." "But you almost died today, because you lost a lot of blood. Dad told me." "That's not what I meant. I meant that I'm be with you forever, in your heart." I lightly poke her heart. "But I won't be able to see you." "I don't know about that, but that's something we're going to have to find out a little later." She looked confused but excepted it and gave me a big hug. I gave her one of my own. "<gasp> Mom! You never finished the story!!!!" I was tired, but that face of hers was filled with excitement I couldn't not tell. "Okay then, do you remember where I left off?" "I think it was..."

The pharaoh cleared his throat. "Phera, let your mother rest. She's sick and need to eat breakfast so she can take her medicine." 'I almost forgot, but how did his highness know I was sick?' Phera looked very disappointed. "Can I stay?" "Of course you can." "But what about..." "I'll be fine sire, please don't worry, I want her to stay. I haven't seen Phera for the longest time." "Who said I was worrying about you." He was glaring at me. It hurt me a bit, but I didn't care, he never really loved me in the first place. 'I sometimes wonder why I did what I did that night with the pharaoh. I'm kind of glad that it happened. If it hadn't then I would have never found out that the spirit in my necklace was really Magician Phera, Sissy and I would have never had Phera and she's the best thing that has ever happened to me, whether I ever find real love or not. I'll be happy to know I have a beautiful daughter when I pass on out of this world.'

<Yami's POV>

'I was curious in what was going through Kira head so I went in. I never knew that in all this torture she's been through, she's still has no regret about that night.' "You should eat, so you can have your medication." I gave her, her tray. It was still warm. "Thank you very much, you really didn't have to do this." "I didn't, Saige asked me to. He came looking for you, but couldn't find you. Eventually I found you and he asked me to take care of you. Although you seem strong enough to take care of yourself, so after this I would like you to leave." 'What the heck did I just say?' "Then maybe I should leave now, I wouldn't want to be a bother to you and Saige is probably waiting for me." 'Kira I'm sorry I didn't mean it. God why do I mess things up all the time!? Wait! It's good that she's leaving. Remember you hate this commoner and you hope to never see her face again.' I looked to see if she was sad or crushed, but I didn't. It was as if she knew it was coming. 'I'm such a dud when it comes to making a girl feel good about herself or feel loved by someone.' She got out of bed, I knew I should stop her from leaving, for Phera's sake, but I made my decision.

<Kira's POV>

I got out of bed and started to walk. I didn't want to stay if I wasn't wanted. I gave Phera a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Your welcome at my house anytime you wish okay princess." Tears came down from her ruby eyes. "Do you have to leave so soon?" "I'm sorry, but I have lessons to teach, my student will be waiting for me." I walked out and Phera walked me up until the exit of the palace. The pharaoh did to only to give me my medicine. I bowed. "Thank you for everything." "Take this when you leave." I took the vial from his hands and started walking. I felt weak, but I didn't want to show Phera. Suddenly a cloaked person Running towards me. "Kira! Are you okay?!" It was Saige, he was doing the groceries as usual. "Hey Saige." "Did you take your medicine?" "No, I didn't wanted to eat at the palace. The food there gave me bad memories." "Oh, well come on we really need to get you home." I smiled. "Thanks Saige." "Hey what are big brothers for?" I gave him a weak smile and he helped me home.

When we got there, I went inside and saw someone I haven't seen in the longest time. "Hi Trainy! It's been very long since we saw each other huh?" She just came up to me and gave me a hug. "Why didn't you tell me you we're sick? I was so worried when Saige told me." I just pulled apart, I met Trainy while I met Saige. She's Phera's friend too, they we're fighting side by side, but she had to help Saige when he got hurt, then that when she saw a big explosion. That's when she found out Phera was gone. It took Saige and Trainy to tell eachother their feeling for eachother, but in a few days it's their wedding. "I'm getting better, don't worry Trainy. You have enough to worry about and you too Saige." I went over to the kitchen to make myself a sandwich for breakfast. Then I took my medicine and went straight to bed.

<Yami's POV>

I tried to calm Phera down but she wouldn't talk to me. "Phera please, let me explain!" She just went into her room and slammed the door in my face. "Leave me alone!" "Please Phera open the door!" "No! I don't want to talk to you! Go away!" I gave up and walked away. I could hear her cry. It broke my heart to hear cry that much. 'Maybe I should let Kira stay. Why am I so thick headed? I can't do anything right! And I call myself the almighty pharaoh. I wonder what my father would do in this kind of situation? Humph, why am I asking myself that? He would have just married her and dump her after a few days and marry again. <heavy sigh> this is very irritating.'

I walked into the garden, it always made me feel better. I sat under my mother's willow tree and thought to myself, then Seto came up to me. "Thinking to yourself again?" I nodded. He sat next to me. "Phera's very sad that she couldn't hear the end to Pokemon, haha." "What is that anyways?" I asked him. "It's creature that you can capture in ball and you train them so you can compete in leagues. Kira has a very childish feature in her, don't you think Yami?" "Will you stop talking about her? And yes she is very childish and is a very uncivilized commoner and I don't ever want talk about her again. I don't know what I saw in her at first." "Is that really what you think of her as, a commoner?" "Yes, didn't I just say that?" "Funny, and I thought you starting to fall for her again." Out of the bushes Bakura came out. "What makes you think that?" "The way you was looking at her in the room. I've never seen you look at a woman like the way you did with Kira and then you put on a totally different attitude."

I crossed my arms and turned my head to the opposite direction. "I don't like her and that's that." "Then why do care if Kira is with a guy." "Bakura's right, when ever you hear about a guy with Kira in it, you start asking all these questions and you look like your going to kill whoever male's with her." Bakura was laughing. "Like a husband would! Hahahahahaha!" "Grr. Shut up! I was only curious and I wouldn't care if she got with anyone." "Yes you would." "Prove it then, when was I like that?!" I was getting angry. 'Why she I care if she find someone 'better' than me? If there is someone 'better' for her.' "Well when DMG and DM mention her having someone special, named Saige..." "That's not anyone special! He's just a friend of hers. He's getting married in a few days!" "Right there, you started yelling when I mentioned someone special for Kira! Admit it you might not like her, but you don't want anyone else to have her." This conversation went on for an hour or so.

At dinner Phera wouldn't come out so I sent someone to get Kira. I knew she would be the only one to get Phera to eat.

<Kira's POV>

There was a knock on the door, Trainy, Saige and I were having dinner. I got up and went to the door. "Yes, how may I help you?" "The pharaoh needs your assistants. The princess will not eat." "Why?" "I'm not really sure, but he needs you." "I'll go get my cloak." I went into my room and got my cloak. "Wait Kira let us go with you. You're in no condition to go anywhere." I shook my head. "It's alright Trainy." "Let me go." It was big sis, I nodded and she went into the necklace. "I'm ready." He lead me to a small chariot. I walked over and he helped me up.

I got to the palace and his highness was waiting for me, but he wasn't very happy to see me as usual. I went up and bowed, he glared. "Why did you take so long?! You should have been here 10 mins ago!" I was panting. "Please forgive me your highness." "Grr, I have no time for this. Can you help me, Phera will not came out of her room?" "I'll do whatever I can." He lead me to her room. I could hear her crying, I knocked. "Phera honey, it's mom, please open the door. Everyone is worried about you." "No!" "Why don't you want to come out?" I leaned against the door, I felt weak and couldn't kept myself up that well. "Because!" "Honey are you mad at me? Phera I'm sorry if I hurt you please forgive me." "If your really sorry, then prove it!" I thought to myself, 'What does Phera enjoy most?' "I'll finish the story. Are you curious of what might happen to the stolen pokemon?" I could hear the door unlock, I stopped leaning on the door. It opened and Phera came out. "You have to promise that you won't leave until you finish it." And she stuck out her pinky. I went on one knee and hooked my pink and promised. She smiled and hugged me, which made me fall on my butt. "Now will you eat your dinner?" She nodded as I picked her up and carried her to the dining table.

<Yami's POV>

Kira looked very weak and didn't look like she could bare a trip back home. I asked her, "Would you like to join us?" She looked at me and shook her head. "I was just wondering if I could have a glass of water your highness." "Yes you may." I snapped and told them to get Kira some water. She took out the vial and took out a pill. "Thank you." She put the pill in her mouth and swallowed it with water. "You may wait for Phera in her room." "Yes sire." She bowed and went into her room. I went into the dining room and ate my dinner.

After that I followed Phera into her room. I kind of wanted to see why Phera was so excited about this nonsense Kira's telling. "Mom! Mom! Dad wants to hear the story too!" She seemed surprised at first, but then whatever. Phera ran over to her mother and sat on her lap. "Okay, do you remember what happened?" "Mom, dad doesn't know what happened before so can you tell this all over." Kira smiled. 'I haven't seen that in a while.' "Okay, it another day on the road for Ash, Misty and Brock in the Johto region and Ash is on his way to Olivine City..."

She finished the story and Phera was asleep. Kira looked tired too. "You should probably go home and rest." "Yes your highness." She bowed and started walking. I went inside, then Bakura was talking with Seto loud enough for me to hear. "Did you see how Yami yelled at Kira?" "Yes, trying to show that he does hate her, but you know that that's not true." "I don't know, his act was very believable, maybe he does hate her." "You do have a point Bakura. So who do you think Yami is going to do now? Princess isn't going to be very happy if he starts dating other ladies cause she wants her real mother." "I guess whatever Yami does she'll have to live with it, it's not like Yami's ever going to like Kira if he keep on you know." "Yeah, well let's get some rest." "Good night." "Night."

I went into my room and thought about what those two were talking about. What I wanted was a question no even I knew. 'Should I just marry Kira and be unhappy, but Phera would be happy because she has her birth mother or should I just marry someone I like.' I thought really hard then found a way to make both me and Phera happy. 'I'll have Kira live here and become a nanny for Phera and I'll marry someone that I like. It's the only way to make both of us happy and Kira wouldn't mind, once Saige gets married and leaves she'll be a loner.'

<Kira's POV>

Next morning I wasn't feeling any better. I don't think the medicine was working or else it's the curse, I couldn't move, every part of my body felt so heavy. I had a hard time breathing and I was sweating like crazy. 'I'm suppose to get ready for Saige and Trainy's wedding, but I can't move.' I had no choice but the just lay there. I was losing my voice too. 'This is not my day.'

<Yami's POV>

I was invited to Saige and Trainy's wedding. I decided to go and take Phera with me. 'They said Kira would be there, so I can ask her that question.' When I got there I noticed that it was a small wedding, but Kira wasn't there.

After the wedding I asked the married couple if they knew where Kira was. "She's probably home sick, we should go check on her Saige." He nodded and we went, Phera was extra worried. Well why wouldn't she. When we got there, we heard a voice. "Someone is inside, Kira might be in trouble." Trainy whispered. She slowly and quietly opened the door. I heard chanting. It was an incantation, the voice was very familiar, then it stopped. "You should have stayed in your place Kira because of you my plan of destroying the world is ruined. Well I guess you won't be meddling anymore, you can barely move. That feeble minded grandfather of yours thinks he can cure you of your pain. He's quite entertaining if I do say so myself."

I couldn't take this anymore, I barged in. "Who are you?!" Then everyone gasped, it was Magician Phera. Trainy and Phera were most surprised as well as me. 'You think you know someone and then this happens.' "I should have known." I turned to Saige and the most unexpected thing happened. He had white-silver wings and he was in a totally different outfit. It was also white and silver, it looked like a ninja uniform. "How dare you betray us like that Phera!" She smirked. "Hmm, ArchAngel Saige, notorious throughout the Upper Kingdom, trying to protect his own daughter."

<ArchAngel Saige's POV>

I glared at FallenAngel Phera, 'How dare she do this to my daughter? First she poisons her and now this!'

<<Flashback>>

It was the day, my love, Spectra has past away from a disease. She died a few months after she had Kira. I wasn't very happy, but that wasn't going to help me take the best care of Kira, so I had to be strong, but at the same time I was so very weak. I should have never trusted Phera, but I wasn't in my right mind that time. Oh, how I regret that moment "Phera would you please feed Kira for me will you?" "Of course ArchAngel, I would be honored, you should go rest. You had a very busy day with the funeral and all." "Thank you Phera." She led me to bed and I rested my head.

I couldn't sleep, I was just to depressed. I came out to see what was going on. What I saw next made me even more angry. "Hahahahahaha, oh my precious Kira, you are now just a mere mortal! You don't belong here anymore, you are nothing but dirty trash in the Upper Kingdom! Ahahahahahah!" I came up to Phera and slapped her across the face, but all she did was laugh. I went over to Kira, she was sound asleep. I held her in my arms. "I will never forgive you ever and for what you have done I will send you to the mortal world to be reborn as a mortal just as you did to Kira!" "Do as you wish ArchAngel, my mission is finished! There is no way you can revive her! She's dead now! You know as well as I do that once an angel is turned into a mortal in the Upper Kingdom, he or she is good as dead!" She didn't stand up from the position she was in. Tears came rushing down my face. "Look at yourself, crying over a mortal! Ha! I don't know why the Guardians chose you to be ArchAngel!" "Is that what this is all about, you not being chosen as an ArchAngel!" "Yes it is, I was the best, I was the one that should have been it, but no! My reason wasn't good enough to be the ArchAngel, while yours was! How I wanted revenge, you will never know!"

I got even more angry, I glared at her. Then I turned my gaze to my daughter, even if she was a mortal, she was beautiful enough to be an angel. I looked over at Phera again. "For what you have done I cannot change but I can and will punish you." I raise my hand and chanted an incantation. Phera lost sanity and started to laugh and was sent to the mortal world into a mortal mother's stomach. Then I went on my way to put Kira in a quiet room, where spirits dwell after their death. It's a place of tranquility, where they can truly rest in peace.

While I was looking up the room that Kira was suppose to be in, my best friend Joel ran up to me. "Saige I have some news for you!" I turned to him. "What is it Joel?" "You might not have to put her in a room yet." I was stunned. "What can I do?! Please you have to tell me!" "Well, she won't be an angel anymore, but you can make her mortal, like you did with Phera." I looked down at her, her light had faded. "Alright then, that's what I'll do. I don't want to end her life when it hasn't started, at least this way she'll have one." And so it was done.

<<Flashback End>>

Hey hey, I hope itz making better sense. Im so mean to my OC huh? Well there are going to be a lot of cliff hangers coming your way, so yeah. Anyways...R/R I like hearing from peepo who read, doesn't matter good or bad. Lub ya! =D