Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Love is Unexplainable ❯ Sunsets and Phonecalls ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When Yugi awoke a few hours later he felt very content and relaxed. It took him a minute to remember why he felt this way, but when he did a smile cracked onto his dry lips and he opened his eyes. What met him was Yami's equally relaxed face resting peacefully over his shoulder like it had been when he fell asleep. He couldn't resist leaning over and pressing a kiss to Yami's temple.

Yami squirmed lightly and groaned in irritation as he shifted and the morning sun shone on his eyes. He opened them and rubbed them lightly, trying hard not to move away from the warm body halfway underneath him. A smile came over his face and he looked up at Yugi. "Morning," he said sleepily.

Yugi giggled and nodded. "I think we need to get a shower. I feel a little sticky."

The older nodded and pushed on the couch to get up. "Yeah, me too."

Amethyst eyes glanced at the floor and realization on dawned on his face before he pointed to the heap of clothes and the discarded blanket on the floor. "You wanted me to remind you to put that in the washer when we woke up."

Yami's gaze followed his finger and he nodded. "So I did. Why don't you go get the shower ready and I'll join you as soon as I'm done."

A light blush faded onto Yugi's cheeks, "J-join me?"

Crimson eyes sparkled with amusement at his boyfriend's embarrassment. "Why Yugi, I'm amazed. After what we did only a few hours ago and now you're embarrassed to get in the shower with little old me?"

"N-no, I'm not-not embarrassed." Yugi lied miserably.

"I'm sure you're not." Yami smirked. He leant over and brushed his lips teasingly over Yugi's before pulling away. "I'll wait until you're done then."

A breath of relief escaped Yugi's lips before he could stop it and he blushed again. "Sorry, Yami."

"Don't worry about it." He stood up and held out a hand to Yugi, who took it and pulled himself up. "No hurry up and don't waste the hot water or I'll be forced to take drastic measures." He smirked evilly.

Yugi couldn't help a squeak as he hurried away from his crazed boyfriend and dashed into the bathroom before he got his punishment before he even got in the shower. As soon as the door was closed however his dark blush lightened until it was just a pink hue and Yugi smiled. `I'm glad he's all mine. I don't think I could give him up now even if he wanted to go… but what happens when Yami gets tired of me…' Yami shook his head and scolded himself for thinking such things. `I can't go on like that! Whatever happens will happen and there won't be anything I can do to change it… even if that means what I'm most afraid of.'

Getting out of the shower Yugi dried his hair and pulled a towel around his waist to go get his clothes. He was surprised, however, when he saw a small pile of clothes waiting for him on top of the hamper with a small note taped on top of the shirt.

Yugi read it, his eyes widening in disbelief as he did. "Yami…" he squeaked out, the blush returning and darkening to cherry red. He threw his clothes on hastily and stormed out of the bathroom. "Yami!"

"Yes, love?"

"Why did you….how could you….you're not going to say stuff like this in public, are you?"

"Is that what's making you all nervous? Well, if it'll make you feel better I'll only say that sort of thing when I'm sure you and I are completely and utterly alone."

"If that's the case, and if this note is anything to go by, then if I were that alone with you you'd end up jumping me."

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea." Yami mused thoughtfully.

"Wait, no! I didn't mean that! I meant that…."

"Yugi, relax, I wouldn't ever do anything like that without your complete consent first. Now, if you gave me permission to jump you than I would."

"Well, I don't think I'm ready for that just yet."

"Alright then." Yami strolled over to where Yugi was standing and wrapped his arms around his slim waist, nuzzling his nose into the shorter's slightly wet, apple-scented hair. "Hmm," he moaned in contentment, "those clothes really do make you as delicious as you tasted last night, and you smell that good as well."

Yugi jumped and pushed Yami away with a darker blush on his cheeks. "Yami!"

"What, we're alone. Besides, the note says the same thing."

"Yeah, but it's embarrassing even more to actually hear it."

"Well, don't. It's true and I don't want any arguments. Now then, why don't you eat up while I go take my own shower and then we'll go out and do something?"

"Where are we going to go?"

"I'm not sure; think about it and tell me when I get out."

Yugi nodded and watched Yami walk around the corner before sighing. "At least he's not going to talk like that in public. I never thought I could blush so much before," he sighed happily. He sat down at the table and pulled the syrup and butter over to decorate his pancakes.

~~

Amethyst eyes closed as their owner laid his head gently onto the warm body beside him. "I like this, Yami; it's so peaceful." He felt Yami's head nod softly beside him and he opened his eyes. "Don't you think it's great we get this whole place to ourselves? I was so surprised when there was no one here."

"Me too." Yami whispered, enjoying the wind playing through his spiky locks. "I thought there would be a few people, but I guess I thought wrong."

"It just makes it all the more special."

"Yeah."

"Yami?"

"Hmm?"

"Can we stay here until the sun sets?"

"Anything you want, Yugi; I could never refuse you anything."

Yugi smiled and snuggled up beside Yami's side once again, humming in contentment when he felt an arm snake around his waist and hold him there lovingly.

Both sat watching waves lap against the poles of the dock and brush over their bare feet as they hung them over the edge of the pier. The sky was beginning to darken and it wouldn't be long before it was stained with reds and violets and blues of different tints and hues.

At one point as they watched the sunset together Yami could've sworn he saw the slightest of flashes coming from behind them, but he didn't have the heart to turn around and disturb Yugi from where he was leaning, so he just chose to ignore it and continue looking out to the sky.

Nearly an hour later the sky was completely dark except for the stars and the quarter moon shining brightly. Yami looked down at Yugi and gave a soft smile. "Yugi?" He whispered. He was answered with sleepy garble and the small body snuggling further into his warmth, small hands tugging at his jacket for more warmth. "Yugi?" He whispered again, "We need to get back home, Yugi."

"A little while longer, Yami…" Yugi mumbled and slipped down until his head was in Yami's lap. The older shook his head and shifted so Yugi's head was against his chest. He turned and pulled Yugi up so he was carrying him piggyback style. He smiled lightly at the sleeping teen before starting the trek home.

~~

Yami undressed Yugi slowly down to his boxers, tossing them into his laundry basket behind him somewhere before picking up his pajama pants he'd laid out on the bed. He pulled them up gently so as not to disturb Yugi and put him into bed. He kissed his forehead and whispered, "Sweet dreams, my love," before backing out of the room, his eyes never leaving Yugi's still form under the covers. "I'll be in later," he finished just before he closed the door.

The crimson-eyes teen went into the kitchen and glanced at the answering machine on the counter. Seeing the red light flashing he pushed the message button and listened as his father's voice filled the room.

"Hey, Yami, it's dad. Guess we caught you while you were out having some fun. Can't say I blame you since it would be a bit boring just staying in the house all weekend. Business is going well and we just wanted to check on you to see how you were. Could you give me a call back as soon as you get this; we'll wait up for you." BEEP //End of messages// the robotic voice finished.

Yami pressed the delete button before picking up the phone and dialing the number his parents were staying at.

"Hello?" His mother's voice answered.

"Hey, mom."

"Oh, hi sweetie. How's everything going?"

"Fine, how bout you?"

"Good, we just got back from a meeting actually, nothing big; just the usual." There was a pause before she asked hesitantly, "How's Yugi?"

Yami forced back a snort at how obvious she was at not wanting to talk about his boyfriend. "He's fine, mom; you don't have to force yourself to talk about him. He's asleep in my room."

"You did find our note when you got home, didn't you?"

"Yes." Yami answered with a bored note in his voice.

"Did you tell him we apologized?"

"No."

"What!? But why, Yami? We don't want him to think that we don't like him or anything!"

"Honey, what's wrong?" His dad's voice was heard in the background.

Yami's mother was about to answer, but Yami cut her off before she could. "Because that's just it, mom: you don't like him. I'm not going to apologize for something you're saying just to be polite; that's not fair to him. When you apologize it's going to come from only you and not a note or phone call, but a front-to-front confrontation and it's going to be real. He doesn't care about what you think of him and I don't either because we love each other and nothing's going to change that. Good bye." Yami said, not thinking he could talk another second to his parents.

"Yami, wait!" His dad's voice shouted.

Yami sighed and held the phone back up to his ear. "What," he didn't bother hiding his irritation.

"We are sorry, Yami, you're absolutely right about talking to Yugi to his face. It'll be our initial priority when we return on Monday. Bring him over after school for us?"

Yami thought for a second before sighing. "Fine."

"Good. Go get some sleep, son. You sound exhausted.

"Okay, have a good weekend."

"You too." There was a click afterwards signaling the end of the connection.

Yami hung up the phone and turned to the fridge. He decided to just make a small sandwich to eat before going to bed. It wasn't all that late, but for some reason he did seem a bit tired, though he and Yugi didn't do anything except walk around and sit at the docks to watch the waves.

"Yami?" A curious voice questioned from the living room.

Crimson eyes looked up from the untouched sandwich they'd been staring absently at for the past half hour. "In here, Yugi," the owner called.

A small shuffle of feet and Yugi's form appeared in the doorway. "What's wrong?"

Yami shook his head. "It's nothing. Hungry?"

Yugi nodded slightly. "A little."

"Come here," the older scooted his chair back and pat his lap. Yugi moved forward and sat sideways across his legs, wrapping his arms tiredly around his neck and laying his head against his shoulder. Yami waited for him to get comfortable before reaching around so he could rip his sandwich in two pieces (as evenly as he could get them without a knife) and handed one to Yugi.

"Are you sure?"

Yami nodded. "I'm not all that hungry anyway."

"Okay." Yugi took a small bite and nibbled it at time to time, not removing his head from where it lay.

After finishing their small dinner and cleaning up Yami led Yugi back to the bedroom and changed into something to sleep in, a pair of black pajama bottoms, before crawling under the sheets and resting his tiredly against it.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Yugi's concerned voice asked once he snuggled against him and wrapped his arms around him.

"Yeah, I'm just tired today for some reason."

"Maybe it has something to do with what we did this morning."

"Nah, I don't think so. We barely did anything to exert as much as energy to feel as tired as I do. Maybe I just couldn't sleep well last night because that couch is uncomfortable."

"Or maybe it was the company you…"

"It is always important in the future for you to never finish the sentence. You're the only one I want to be with and I won't ever let you go until you say it'll make you happy."

"I'm only my happiest when I'm with you."

"Good; we have no problems then?"

Yugi shook his head.

"Good. Goodnight, Yugi."

"Night," Yugi yawned. After a minute of silence Yugi glanced up at Yami. "Are you awake?"

"A little," Yami answered sleepily.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Anything you want, love."

"I don't know why, but for a short while now I've been feeling as though something bad is going to happen. I'm a little scared about it."

"Don't worry, Yugi." Yami kissed his forehead comfortingly. "I'll be here with you and together we'll get through anything."

Yugi seemed to think about it before nodding again, unable to speak from another yawn that forced itself out. "Yeah, you're right. Love you, Yami."

"Love you, too, Yugi."

~~

Kami, I hate filler chapters; they're so boring! But I suppose it had to be done. I did a little bit more than I had expected. It was originally 5 pages with just what was really needed already in the chapter with the phone call and everything, but then I decided to add a bit of foreshadowing since it was boring the way I had it without the foreshadowing. Hope you enjoy.