Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ love throught the time ❯ Chapter 7

[ A - All Readers ]

Hi it's me again !! i hope that you will like it !! I would to thank all my reviewers it's so nice to you and it give me the strenght to go on!! Thank you all and the anonymous are the welcome too!!
12
In a cold winter morning, a frosty wind acrossed the city of Domino. The clouds were a milky white grey colors, which suggested that the snow would soon fall. Yet people continued their lives as if nothing had happened.
Through a window of an appartment, a shadow looked at them, wake up and live their lives simply. From his window, Atem watched them a smile to his lips, happy. Indeed, today, Anzu will be released from the hospital, after two months of coma. She was finally able to return home with her family, and no longer be in the hospital.
He thought again about all these events, which had arisen since his return. He reconsidered especially, the first time he had seen Anzu in her hospital bed, pale, badly hurt and the shock that it left, especially to him. But above all, he seen again when she awakened and her wonderful smile too. Oh! How he missed her. Of course he was happy to find again his friends and be with them, but if Anzu hadn't survived, a huge emptiness would be finding in his heart. The more days had passed, the more he questionned about what he felt. All these feelings were more or less unknown to him and he wondered some questions. He felt the need to be with her and knowing that they were going to work together, he was filled with joy, because he wanted to learn more about her and about him too.
He closed his eyes a moment to focus on the task that waited him this morning : follow his lessons with Mr Haras. A few minutes later, he reopened his eyes and he went toward his door very focused. He opened it and went into the kitchen. He could feel the smell of the breakfast tickle his nostrils. Aproaching, he heard voices, which were none other than his friends.
Indeed, Marek and Bakura were already in the kitchen to prepare the breakfast and their lunch. He heard them talking and began to smile.
Suddendly a hand laid on his shoulder. Surprised, he turned around and saw that the professor was behind him, smiling. This one looked at him because he knew that his pupil was pleased that her friend went out today. Atem also looked at him and smiled too.
Then, they went both in the kitchen. Marek and Bakura turned around seeing them approach.
“Hi Atem! Mr Haras! Did you sleep well” Asked Bakura smiling politely.
“Yes, very well, my boy!” Answered Mr Haras.
“Yes me too, I slept well, thank you! Do you need a help?” Proposed Atem approaching them.
“No don't worry! We almost finished!” He answered.
“So Atem! Ready for today. This is today that Anzu leaves the hospital, isnt' it! You must be in a hurry to be at this moment?” Asked Marek a mischievious smile to his lips.
Atem looked at Marek straight in his eye, wondering what Marek meant with what he had said.
“Yes of course! Like everyone I think” He answered.
“Yes of course, like everyone!” Marek retorted.
The professor looked at his pupil and smiled, because he understood what marek would mean. `This boy would have noticed it too' he wondered curious.
Indeed, Marek had noticed that Atem had moved closer to Anzu, he had seen throughout these last few days, and both seemed close, but they didn't notice it. He smiled, thinking that these two matched vey well and he had decided to do everything he could to end up them together.
Bakura, him, looked at Marek, his eyes wide open and wondered what he had in mind. He also noticed that Atem and Anzu got on together very well and mabe something was happened, but he wouldn't necesserily interfere. That wasn't the case with Marek apparently.
Atem, him, looked at Marek, who always smiled, frowning and he wondered about what he had said. `What exactly does he mean with that? Of course I'm glad that she leaves the hospital! But I don't understand what he want to say?'
“By the way Atem! You are going to go and see her this afternoon, before she leaves?” Asked Bakura to break the silence that began to be a little heavy.
This one continued to look at Marek a little for a while, then he turned around and looked at Bakura before answering.
“Yes i think to go and see her, because her parents will be at home to prepare her arrival. So she won't be alone!” Answered Atem.
“And you Mr Haras, you will go there too?”
“Completely! And then we need to discuss about the schedule that I have planned for the lessons” Answered Mr Haras.
“So you're going to work with her?” Asked Bakura.
“Yes! With her accident, Miss Mazaki will have a little difficult to get back to work and then I think it will maybe allow to help Atem!” Answered Mr Haras.
“That's right! It's better to work with someone else, especially someone important! I'm sure you will UNDERSTAND BETTER IF SHE IS NEAR YOU” Said Marek talking to Atem and emphasizing the last words.
Atem focused again on Marek and looked straight in his eye, because he just went to understand the allusion that he just made. Marek also looked at him with a smile. The other two looked this exchange of glances and said nothing.
“Why you tell me that, Marek?” Asked Atem with his deep voice.
“Me! For nothing! It's just that working at two is more easier, isn't it Bakura?” Said Marek turning to Bakura.
This one looked at him and agreed. The professor, him, had watched this exchange, a smile to his lips, because what he had thought had been confirmed. Even if it was done so clumsily, Marek tried to make understand to Atem what he thought.
“Well! Let's eat before it was cold” Proposed Bakura to calm the minds.
“I agree with you! Otherwise we will be late!” Said Marek who began to eat.
Atem always looked at him frowning. Then he decided to drop the subject and began to eat. They all talking about everything. Then they put their dishes in the dishwasher and cleaned the table. After it was done, Bakura and Marek took their lunch, said goodbye and came out to go to the high school. Atem and Mr Haras looked at them leaving and decided to get down to work.
While they went to school, Bakura decided to talk about what had happened during the breakfast.
“Marek! Why did you do that this morning? You want to make him angry or what?” Asked Bakura seriously.
Marek stopped, closed his eyes, smiling and looked straight in the eye, the most seriously possible.
“Of course not! But I am sure you have too noticed what is happened between them, am not I?”
Bakura looked at him and smiled.
“Of course I noticed, but you don't think you should let them alone. You risk to make him angry against you or worst, deteriorate the situation between them!”
“I know! But maybe it can help too!” Said Marek looking at the sky.
“Listen! I think you should let them alone! If Atem needs help, he will tell us and I would be happy to help him! But here you should leave him, because he didn't even aware of what's happening maybe!” Said Bakura.
Marek didn't answer immediately. Because what he had said was true, but he wanted to help too.
“Ok ok! I understood! But I think that guide him a little won't hurt, and then I count on you to catch up with me if I'm going too far!”
Bakura also smiled and agreed.
“Well! Let's stop talking! We must to go if we don't want to be late!” Said Marek starting off again.
“Yes it's true! And then you don't want to keep a young lady named Kazumi waiting, do you” Said Bakura, smiling slyly.
“Completely! Ah! Now let's go” Said Marek running quickly.
Bakura began to laugh, then run to catch up and join his friends.
In the appartment, Atem was in his room, looking for his notebooks and books to follow his lessons., like every morning. He thought again about the strange behaviour had had Marek. He wondered what he meant. He had also seen the smile of Mr Haras, in the corner of his eye. It's true that he waited with impatience the return of Anzu from this hospital and work with her too. That's why he wondered why Marek had make these insinuation about working at two.
He decided to let aside the issue for a while, and concentrate on his classes. He left the room and went to join his teacher who was waiting in the living room. He watched him arrive and smiled. He also thought about the early session this morning. The small remark that the young man had made was relevant, indeed, because he felt that his young favorite waited with some excitement to work with his friend. But he also admitted that he waited too to see what all of this was going to give for two of them.
Atem settled at the table and began to open his books. Mr Haras came out of his thoughts and began to work with his pupil.
At ten o'clock in the high school of Domino, Yugi and his friends gathered around his table to discuss more freely.
“You realize that it's today that Anzu leaves, I can't believe it?” Exclamed Jono uchi watching Yugi.
“It's true! It's so great!” he answered with a smile that came to his ears.
Rebecca looked at him and was at the same time happy and a bit jealous. Because she was happy that her friend was out of her coma, going home and especially seeing Yugi also happy. But she was a bit worried because she realized that Yugi had never seemed so happy that when it was about Anzu. However, she decided to put aside these concerns and be happy like everyone else.
“But tell me! What we are going to do? We will see her this afternoon before she leaves the hospital?” Asked Honda.
“That's depends! What time she leaves the hospital, Kazumi?” Asked Jono uchi returning to her and watching her while smiling.
“It will be at four o'clock about! I know that my oncle and my aunt are currently preparing her return at home, and go to look for her at this time!” Began Kazumi with a smile.
“Yes! And I know that Atem and Mr Haras have planned to come to see her for she won't be alone!” Continued Marek smiling mischievously.
Bakura looked at him and understood why he smiled like this. He should probably thought again about this morning and his little insinuations. The others watched him and they wondered why he smiled like this.
This latter realized that everyone looked at him and he became serious again.
“Hum! I think they want to talk to her too, to make the planning of the lessons that she will follow with them” Finished Marek.
“Ah that's it. She will attend classes with Atem? It's cool!!” Exclaimed Jono uchi.
“You said that because it's not you who will take these lessons! Eh! You wouldn't be capable!!” Retorted Honda smiling.
“Oh! You insult me or what!! And then you're like me, you're not better than me, i'll signl you!!” Launched Jono uchi frowning and approaching Honda.
“It can't be worse than you, Mr Intellectual!!”
“Eh...” began Jono uchi raising his fists ready to fight.
“I think it's an excellent idea, it will help her to get back to work slowly!! After two months in the coma, it mustn't be obvious!” Said Rebecca the most seriously possible.
Everybody looked at her even Jono uchi which had calmed down and they approved about what she had said.
Yugi thought again about what he had heard. The two people he loved the most were working together. He found it great because he believed it would help Atem to adavance, because Anzu was a very good student and with her he would surely see his progress forward.
“But What do we do! We organize a party or no?” Asked Jono uchi always ready to party.
“I think it's a good idea! But it could be done within a day or two to allow time to Anzu to resume her mark and especially to rest” Answered Yugi.
“Yes, I agree with you! Anzu is still a little fragile! Let's her time to recover” Approved Kazumi smilling at Yugi. The latter gave her a smile too.
“Ok ok! But as we end at three o'clock, we could go and wait outside to wish her a safe return among us and celebrate her release from the hospital!! What do you think?” Asked Jono uchi.
“Hey! I agree with you!! It'll be fun if we take a few things with us!!” Exclaimed Marek.
Everyone approved and they developed what they had planned to do.
Half past noon, Atem's class was over. This one took his belongings and went deposit them in his room. He mad a sigh of relief and smiled. His class was finished for today and he would soon see Anzu. He left his room and went into the kitchen to eat with Mr Haras. They are quietly dicussing the schedule they had planned for them and the lessons they would follow.
After eating, they cleaned the table and prepared to leave. After taking their belongings,they came to closing the door behind them and went to the hospital.
They arrived at the door of her room and knocked on the door.
“Come in!!” Said Anzu.
Atem and the professor entered the room and saw her standing near the window, looking through the latter to contemplate the view.
She was dressed in a wool black and white sweater with a turtleneck, a black jeans, which highlighted her fine and slender form and her natural grace. It was the first time that Atem saw her dressed like this and he found her more beautiful and radiant.
She turned around and watched them come in. She smiled when she recognized them and slowly approached them, as much as she could, because her ribs were still a little stiff and she suffered a little about it.
“Good afternoon Mr Haras! Atem! I'm happy to see you!!” She said smiling at them.
“Good afternoon Miss Mazaki! The pleasure is mutual!” Retorted Mr Haras approaching her.
“Good afternoon... Anzu!” Said Atem with his serious voice looking in her eyes with his deep gaze.
She also looked intensely at him and was lost in his entrancing eyes. They looked at each other for a few minutes without saying anything, enjoying the presence of another. Mr Haras looked at them and began to smile.
Then a coughing was heard, that made them knowing that he was here too. Embarrassed, they removed their eyes from each other and looked at him. They settled on chairs and began to discuss.
“Do you fell better, Miss Mazaki?” Asked Mr Haras.
“Yes, I'm fine! I still have some pain, but it's bearable!!” Answered Anzu.
“Well well!! I am delighted. I came to see you so that we can discuss about the planning of your lessons, and the procedure” He said her.
Anzu agreed and listened what Mr Haras had to say.
“So! For the moment, Atem's class was mainly in the morning, so that he could see you. But now that you are awake, I thought that the lessons could begin at nine in the morning and ended at five in the afternoon, with a one hour break at noon. Because now that you are two, I must to prolong the class in order to allow me to be at your level. I hope that you are agree both of you?” Said Mr Haras watching them both.
“Everything is great! Don't worry!” They answered both at the same time.
They looked at each other and began to blush, under the gaze of Mr Haras which began to smile and put his hand under his chin watching them carefully.
After a moment of embarassment, they continued to discuss, especially Mr Haras and Anzu.
Throughout the discussion, Atem observed Anzu. She was bright, laughing and talking freely with Mr Haras. She had tied her hair half tail, which cleared her face and he could admire her blue eyes, blue like the clear and sunny summer sky. He was surprised to watch her without getting bored, listen her talking and discuss with her. Some things he had never noticed before, even if he had greatly apreciated her when he was a spirit. But before, he didn't have time to ask questions about that and realize it. But now he had his own body, he put some questions and he appreciated more and more her company. Then he thought again about what Marek had said this morning. He wondered suddendly that he hadn't entirely wrong. In her presence he began to understand just what he felt.
While they talked, Mr Haras had noticed the gaze that Atem given to her. He smiled inwardly and he decided to let them alone for a moment.
“I'll go to look for something to drink! Do you want something?” He asked suddendly rising from his chair and watching them.
“Yes, I would like a lemon tea, please!” Answered Anzu looking him rise.
“Hum! I would like a coffee please!” Answered Atem watching as well.
The professor agreed and left the room closing the door gently.
Left alone, Atem and Anzu remained silent a moment. Then Anzu began the conversation to break this silence.
“Mr haras is really wonderful! He is nice and cares about the other, when you know him well!!” She said with a smile.
Atem looked at her before answering, because it was exactly what he thought about him. The first time he had met Mr haras, Atem believed that he was someone cold and insensitive by his face and attitude. But he quickly realized his mistake and as he knew him better, he realized that he was like Anzu had described him.
“Yes, you're right Anzu!! He was a formidable person. He give me a lot of thing!!” He said lowering a little his head.
“I can't wait to work with him! And with you of course!! I hope I don't bothered you at least!!” She said approaching him.
“No, of course no!! I am sure this will help me a lot! Don't worry you don't bothered me, Anzu” He said lifting his head and approaching her too.
They stayed like this looking at each other for a moment without talking.
Then Anzu asked some questions about his lessons he followed, what he had studied. Atem answered her willingly. She learned that Atem has talent for everything which were related to science, but also history and geography. However he had a little trouble for everything which were related to literature and languages.
Anzu listened carefully about what he said while watching him enormously. She wasn't tired of listening him to talk and watch him too. The more she spent time with him, the more she discovered the true Atem, not the spirit of the puzzle she had known, nor the great pharaoh, but the man simply. She loved more and more what she saw and was eager to learn more about him. She realized that the feelings she had had for him when he was a spirit was nothing compared of what she felt today. What she was experiencing was much more intense. She came back in the reality and continued to listen to him.
“Wow! It's great that you are strong in sciences, because you see, me, I`m the opposite of you. I have a little trouble in sciences, but I'm especially strong in literature and languages” She began to say “ Hey! And if we would help eact other!! I would help you for these subjects and you could help me with the sciences, what do you think?” Asked Anzu raised her hand to seal the agreement.
Atem looked at her, then at her hand. Without hesitation, he handed his hand too, and they shaked their hand.
“Ok, I agree! It's a great idea!!” He said looking straight in her eyes.
She looked at him also and mad the most beautiful smile he had the opportunity to see. He gave her back his smile and for the firts time, Anzu saw his smile, sincere and dazzling. He seemed even more beautiful and more gentle. She was like in paradise.
“It's ok then!! I'm sure that both of us, we will do a better job!!” She told him.
He agreed always smiling. They removed their hands almost reluctantly.
“Now, I hope that Yugy, Jono uchi and Honda will bring them to work too. It would great that we all be together for the last year!!” She began to say. Then she sighed and continued “At last!! I think it's far from certain!!Unless another miracle could be done!! Ah la la!!”
“I'm sure that all will go well!! They have always the gift for surprise us when we didn't expect them!! You don't think so?” He said with a mischivielous smile.
“Hum!! It's true! You're right!! But I think we will have to help them, because they are significantly delayed!! But I'm sure that all of us should get them there! In any case, I'm ready to help them!!” She finished to say, motivated like ready to fight.
Atem looked at her and agreed. Seeing her like this, he was ready to fight and he also felt his energy and his will grow. That was the strengh of Anzu, with a simple word, one simple sentence, she could give back strengh to those who lost confidence.
They watched each other the most serously possible ready to fight, then they began to smile.
The professor was behind the door and had heard what Anzu had said. He began to knock at the door and came in. Atem and Anzu looked at him come in. Atem stood up and helped the professor. He took his cup and brought the cup to Anzu. She warmly thanked Mr Haras and Atem. They drunk it and continued to discuss.
At four o'clock, a knock on the door was heard, then it opened showing Mr and Mrs Mazaki. They greeted Mr Haras and Atem, and they came to Anzu who they kissed.
“Are you ready my dear! It's time for you to go home after all this time spent there!!” Said her mother.
Anzu agreed and smiled to her parents. They took her bag and escorted her to the reception, accompagnied by Mr Haras and Atem, to fill the exit permit.
After fulfilled and signed it, they all came out of the hospital. Passing the door, they saw something that surprised Anzu, Atem and even Mr Haras.
There, in front of them, stood all their friends with a banderolle, where they could read “ Welcome back among us”. When they saw her, they applauded and screamed with joy.
Touched, Anzu quickly wiped the tears that came to her eyes and turned to Atem. He looked at her and sketched a gently smile. He took her hand to testify his support, because he had understood that she was touched with what their friends had done for her. She shook his hand and gave him a beautiful smile. Then she turn away from him and looked at her friends and together they approached them.
“Anzu! Welcome among us!” They all said in unison seeing them coming.
“Thank...You, my friends!! I'm grateful to you!! Really!” She said smiling shyly and leaving her tears flow.
“Hey! This is normal! You really count for us” Said Jono uchi coming near her and putting his hand on her shoulder.
It's true! Without you this wasn't the same!! We missed you too!!” Said Yugi touched too.
They all surronded her to share their support. Anzu wipped her tears and smiled warmly as possible. They were all pleased to see her smile and and above all be with her.
Mr and Mrs Mazaki and Mr haras, approached them and joined the reunion. They talked for a little while, then they decided to let go Anzu rest
“Well, We all agree and thought about make a party of welcome for both of you within two days! I hope you're agree?” Said Jono Uchi.
Atem and Anzu looked at each other and didn't know what to say. They were touched that their friends would made a party for them and a little embarrassed at the same time.
“Hum! Yes, why not! It's a good idea!!” She finsihed to say.
“Yes, It's true!! But you weren't obliged to do it, you know!” Said Atem looking at them.
“You're joking!! It doesn't bother us!! And then in two days it is Christmas!!” Said Jono uchi suddendly excited.
“Yes Jono uchi is right!! It's a party day!! It's the best!!” Retorted Honda smiling.
They all approved, happy to be together to celebrate it.
“If you want, you could do it at our home!!” Proposed suddendly Mr Mazaki “ It will give us the opportunity to thank you for everything you have done!!” He finsihed to say. Mrs Mazaki looked at him and agreed with a smile.
Everybody looked and thanked them. They decided to gather all the twenty fourth at six o'clock in the evening and began to finalizing the details.
They splited all for letting Anzu go home and rest. Kazumi offered to help Anzu upon her return from her work. She agreed and thanked her. Marek came near Kazumi and offered to accompagny her to her work. Anzu watched them go away a smile to her lips. She was happy for her cousin and Marek too.
Left alone, Mr Haras came near her parents and discussed with them. He proposed his help for this evening. He let so Atem and Anzu again one more time.
They looked at each other for a while and smiled, happy about this complicity. Then Mr Haras joined Atem. Anzu thanked both for their visit and wished them a good evening.
Mr Haras also wished a good evening to her and her parents. Atem wished her too and they began to move away.
Anzu watched them and when they arrived at the corner, she saw Atem watched her intensely for a few seconds. She also looked at him too and smiled. Then she turned to her parents and joined them to the car.
Along the way, Atem thought about this afternoon with her. He recalled the pact they had done and felt on his hand the warmth and softness from the hand of Anzu, when he was in her room an outside. He also was deligted to see her again within two days and spend the holiday with her and all their friends. He sketched a smile for a moment, then became serious. But that smile hadn't escaped Mr Haras and he also smiled. He was eager to be in two days and see how all this was going to happened. They returned to the apartment where Bakura was waiting them.
Arriving at home, Anzu penetrated inside her house and contemplated each room as to soak up each one. Helped by her parents, she went in her bedroom and tidied her belongings. They left her to rest after helped her.
She carefully observed her room which hadn't changed. She found her marks after two months of absence. She began to smile, finally feeling at home.
She sat on her bed and thought about this afternoon. She had spent an excellent moment with Mr Haras and especially Atem. She saw again too the pact that they had done together. She hoped that she could see again his smile, because she found him too beautiful when he smiled like this. She also thought at the two time, when they held their hands. How it appeared normal to her, like it was natural. She raised her hand and look at it. She still felt the warmth and strengh of his hand. She placed it on her heart and closed her eyes. She felt in peace and happy. She stayed like this for a while, then she lied down and went to sleep.
Two hours later, she woke up. She rubbed her eyes and sat up. A light knock could be heard throughout the door. Anzu invited the person to come in and it was none other than Kazumi. This one came in and went near of Anzu. She informed her that the diner was done and she proposed to help her to go downstairs in the kitchen. Anzu agreed and both they went downstairs to eat.
After the diner, Anzu went back to her bedroom with Kazumi. They talked for a while, and then they wished a good night and went to sleep.
Anzu slept this night quickly and dreamt about A young tanned man, named Atem, a smile on her lips.
Atem, slept this night, happy and his last thought was for Anzu and a wonderful smile appeared to his lips.
13
the next morning, Atem woke up at eight o'clock and stayed for a while, in his bed. He thought again at the last day. He sighed in contentment and stood up. He drew the curtains of his window and contemplated the town.
Outside the clouds were still milky white grey like yesterday and it announced that the snow would soon fall. For him, it will be the first time he would see the snow in his own body.
He turned away from the window and headed for the door to go to the bathroom. He took a shower wondering what he was going to do today, because for the first time since he followed his lessons, Mr Haras had given him three days of “holidays”, because it will be Christmas. He had decided to let him breathe and resume the lessons the twenty six with Anzu.
He came out of the bathroom and went into the kitchen. Standing near the stove, stood Bakura, who was preparing the breakfast. Atem was going to join him and offered to help him, that he accepted.
Marek wasn't yet lifted today, because there was no class too and he wanted to enjoy it staying in his bed late like he wished.
Mr Haras joined them too shortly after and they settled for lunch.
“What are you going to do, Atem? We should wake up Marek, shouldn't we?” “ Asked Bakura looking toward the bedroom of Marek.
“Hum! I don't think so! He said he waned to sleep this morning! So let him sleep!!” Answered Atem, smiling mischievously.
Mr Haras smiled too, and they continued their breakfast.
“In fact, Atem! You don't have a lesson this morning?” Asked Bakura politely.
“No Mr Haras granted me three days of vacation in fact!!” Answered Atem.
“It's true? It's great!! You will be able to rest!!” He retorted smiling. He was delighted for his friend. After all, he had the right to rest, because it was almost three months he worked tirelessly.
“Yes, since it's Christmas soon, I thought giving him a few days off so that he could breathe. After all, from the twenty six, Miss Mazaki will join us and the classes will become a little more hard” Said Mr Haras watching his pupil. The latter watched him too and smiled to thank him for this.
“Otherwise!! What do you plan for this day, boys?” Asked Mr Haras looking at them.
“For the moment, we don't know too! But we'll see!!” Answered Bakura.
They finished their breakfast quietly. Then, when they had finished, they cleaned the kitchen. At nine o'clock, after finishing what they had done, they went to the living room. Atem and Bakura was sitting at the table and played at the duel monster. Mr Haras was settled in an armchair and read a book. He watched them a little and smiled. Indeed, he saw his pupil happy and in his eyes he could see a glimmer of excitement and fighting spirit, a characteristic of a fighter.
At ten o'clock, the phone began to ring. Bakura got up and went to answer. Atem saw him smile when he talked on the phone, having recognized the caller. Indeed, it was Yugi who called and offered to meet with the gang and go shopping for Christmas and the party of tomorow.
Atem approached him when he understood that it was Yugi on the other side of the phone. Bakura told him the proposition of Yugi and Atem agreed; Bakura replied that they were agreed and they gave appointment by an hour in the mall, the time to wake up Marek and they could prepare. Yugi agreed and told him that everybody was expected there. They said goodbye and Bakura hang up.
Then he turned to Atem and said :
“Well! We have to wake up Marek!! It'll be not easy, I think!!”
Don't worry!! I take care about this!!” Prosposed Atem with a mischievous smile.
He went to the door of Marek, followed closely by Bakura. He opened a little the door and threw a glance inside. He saw that Marek was still sleeping, wrapped in his duvet. They entered the room slowly and approached his bed. Atem bent down and gently shook Marek to wake him up. This one grumbled a little and turned around.
“Marek wake up! We have a meeting in one hour at the mall!!” Said Atem.
Marek grumbled again and cursed something incomprehensible, like he prefered to stay in his bed much warmer, rather than out in the cold.
Atem and Bakura looked at each other and sighed. Then Atem sketched a smile, because he had just an idea. He turned to Bakura and raised his voice so Marek could heard him.
“Well!! We will have to say to his beloved KAZUMI that Marek doesn't want to come! I am sure that she will be EXTREMELY disappointed!!” Said Atem winking at Bakura.
This one agreed and put his hand on his mouth to hide his crazy laugh.
All a sudden, a duvet flew across the room and they saw Marek who was already at the door.
“Ok! Let's go!!” He said rushing to the bathroom.
Atem and Bakura looked at him and laughed. Mr Haras put his head through the door and asked them what was going on. Atem told him all and the professor began to smile.
Twenty minutes later, Marek came out of the bathroom and rushed into the kitchen to swallow something. Atem, Bakura and Mr Haras joined him and looked at him a smile on their lips. He swallowed his breakfast as fast as possible, which worried them a little, because they feared that he could choked.
When he finished it, he put his plate in the dishwasher and went into his room. He came out a few minutes later with his belongings. Passing in front of Atem, Bakura and Mr Haras, a strong smell of perfume tickled their nostrils. They looked at each other and began to laugh. Marek turned and looked at them frowning.
“Well guys!! I wait!! So hurry up !!” He said a little impatient.
Atem and Bakura shook their head and went to pick up their belongings too. Then they emerging from their room and they went in front of Mr Haras.
“But!! What do you do today Mr Haras? Do you want to come with us?” Asked Bakura politely.
“No!! Thank you! Don't worry! I'm going to stay here to read and relax. And then, Mr and Mrs Mazki invited me to take a coffee at their home this afternoon!” He said smiling.
“Well! Have a good day then” Said bakura.
“Yes!! A good day to you too Mr Haras!” Said also Atem smiling.
“Thank you boys and have a good day too!” Said Mr haras smiling to them.
Atem and Bakura went to join Marek, ,who was waiting at the door. Mr Haras looked at them leaving and began to smile. Then he returned to read his book, moving quietly in his chair.
At eleven o'clock, they came to the mall and they saw that most were already here. They greeted them and talked until the others arrived. Marek watched everywhere, looking for someone. Then his smile widdened, because he saw the girl of his heart arrived. The others looked at him a little surprised by his behaviour and saw him leaving hurriedly like a boy of five years who would have given a beautiful gift. They returned and understood why he was also pleased.
The eyes of Atem became bigger of surprise and also a great joy was seen on his face. Because beside Kazumi, stood Anzu. She walked slowly in order not to hurt, helped by Kazumi. She wore a white coat with a white scarf. Under it, Atem could saw that she had a pant like the day before, with black boots. She put her hair into a bun a little loose and she was sublime.
He saw Marek approaching Kazumi and took her in his arm affectionately. He smiled when he saw that and took back his gaze on Anzu. When they arrived at their height, Anzu and Kazumi greeted everyone. Then Anzu turned to Atem and offered him her best smile. He also looked at her and gave her his smile too.
“Hey! It's cool that you were here Anzu! We will all be able to have fun!” Said Jono uchi excited.
“Hum! Yes! I couldn't bear to be locked up more, I wanted to go out for a while! But I have to beware, even if I'm going better!!” She said with a smile.
“Don't worry Anzu! We will go slowly!” Said Yugi smiling at her.
“Yugi is right! We will go at your rythm!!” Said Rebecca who was beside Yugi, an arm wrapped around his arm. He looked at her and smiled. He started to become accustomed to her presence at his side and he realized that this didn't disturbe him very much; He began to think about this, because he felt that the feelings he had for Anzu began to change a little. He decided to put it aside for the moment and returned to the discussion.
Anzu looked at all of the two and smiled. She was pleased to see these two side by side and they matched very well. She turned her gaze toward Atem and saw that he watched them too a smile on his lips as well. Then Atem's eyes met those of Anzu and they looked on smiling, with a complice smile.
All the gang decided to go in the mall and began their shopping. The boys were together to buy their gifts and the girls went on their side for the same reason.
Marek and Jono uchi saw a party store and decided to go inside to see what it was sold. They found a lot of interesting things to have fun and came out with a bag filled with all sorts of things. Yugi, Atem, Honda and Bakura looked at the two and sighed, because they knew that those two had the same conception of fun and they feared a little of knowing what was in the bag.
By leaving, Atem passed in front of a store and stopped. He went to see something that attracted his attention. The others looked at him a little surprised. Atem decided to come in in the store. He then turned and looked at his friends and said :
“Wait for me! I have other things to buy!!”
“Ok! No problem, we will wait for you, Atem!” Said Jono uchi.
Atem smiled and went in. He came in front of the saleswoman and asked to look at what had attracted his eyes. She looked at him smiling and showed it him. He observed it carefully and agreed. He decided to buy it. The saleswoman offered him to pack up it and Atem paid what he had just bought. She smiled and wished him a good day; He thanked her and left the store with a smile. He went to join his friends and went back to meet the girls.
During that time, the girls were about to finish their Christmas shopping. Rebecca and Maï was in front and Kazumi saw that Anzu stood behind a little worried.
“Anzu! What's happening? Don't you feel good?” She asked her a little worried too.
“Hum? No, don't worry! It's just that I found the gifts for my parents, you of course and the gang, except for Atem; I don't know what to offer him! I wish so much that he would love it!!” Said Anzu her eyes lowered.
A little relieved, Kazumi looked at her and smiled.
“Don't worry! I'm sure that whatever you offers him, he would be pleased by it!” She answered.
Anzu lifted her head and looked straight in her eye. Then Maï and Rebecca stopped and called them.
“So girls! What are you doing? We are waiting for you!” They said lifting their arms to call them.
Kazumi and Anzu looked at them and began to walk to join them.
“Yes, you're right! I'm sure I'll will find something that he will make him happy! Kazumi thank you!!” She said smiling and taking her hand to testify to her recognition.
“But it's nothing, dear cousin! I'm delighted to be able to help you!” She answered also smiling and shaking her hand.
Then they joined Maï and Rebecca and continued their shopping.
Coming almost to the point of the meeting where the boys are waited for them, Anzu saw in a store something that attracted her eyes. She stopped and decided to go in this store. She warned the girls that she joined them in a few minutes, becauses she had to buy something. They agreed and waited in front of the store. Anzu went inside and bought what attracted her eyes. She went out of the store, a smile to her lips and joined the girls. Kazumi saw that she smiled and concluded that she had found a gift that would make Atem happy.
Then they went to join the boys, who were waiting. They decided to go to eat in a pizzeria and spent the rest of the aftenoon, laughing and having fun.
They separated at six o'clock and left each of their sides with their bags under their arms. Marek, Atem and bakura offered to escort Anzu and Kazumi at their home. Marek and kazumi stood side by side, hand in hand, happy, discussing together. Behind them, the three others looked at them, then at each other and smiled;
Atem threw gazes to look at Anzu occasionnly, drawn to her like a magnet, and smiled in spite of him. Anzu did the same thing, and suddendly their eyes met. A little embarassed, they turned their head and continued walking while blushing slightly both. Bakura had seen that and began to smile, seeing the embarrassed face of his friends.
They arrived at Anzu and Kazumi home, who invited them to enter. Upon entering the room, they saw that Mr Haras was here with Mr and Mrs Mazaki. They greeted the newcomers, who greeted them back. The girls went into their room to put their bag and the boys went in the living room where the adults were. They settled all and talked happily taking tea or coffee. They splotted at seven o'clock, wished a good evening and agreed to come back tomorrow at three o'clock to help to prepare the meal and the party.
Back home, the boys went to put their bags in their room and went in the kitchen to prepare dinner. They talked happily about their day and ate. After all the cleaning, they decided to watch the tv to relax, watching a comedy.
At eleven o'clock, they separated and went to bed. Alone in his room, Atem looked through the window and saw that flakes of snow began to fall. He smiled when he saw that and begged of it lasted all night to enjoy it tomorrow. He contemplated the snow for a while, lost in his thoughts. He was thinking about the day he had passed, but especially to Anzu. He was happy to spend the day with her and their friends. A smile on his face, he closed the curtains and approached his office, where his gifts were put. He looked at a small package wrapped in a night blue paper gift. He had finally found the gift he wanted to offer, that he had looked for all day and he began to smile, satsified; he decided to go to bed.
In a room not far away, a young woman was contemplating this spectacle as well. Indeed, Anzu was in front of her window and prayed for the snow also fell throughout the night. She thought about her day and Atem. She turned around and looked at the gift wrapped, she had bought for him. She approached it and touched it with a smile. Then she went to bed thinking about tomorrow that she waited impatiently.
The next day, Atem woke up early and went to the window. By opening the curtains, he stared wide eyed of wonder, because the city was covered with a white coat and the show was delighted him. He opened the window and touched the snow with his hand. He looked at the piece of snow that was in his hand and the contrast between his tanned hand and the pure whiteness of the snow. He could feel the cold that it procured him. He released the little snow with a smile. He took a deep breath and contemplated the beauty of it. Then he closed the window and went to the bathroom. Upon leaving his room to go to take a shower, he heard noise in the kitchen. He threw a glance and, surprised, he looked at the person who was in the kitchen. Indeed, he had seen Marek, who was prepared the breakfast. Atem heard someone who approached him from behind and looked. He saw that Bakura had just stood up and had heard the noise in the kitchen too. They looked at each other trying to understand what was happening. They therefore decided to go in in the kitchen.
Marek heard noise and turned to watch, a frying pan in his hand and frowning.
“So! That's it! You're awake!! If you were going to be ready instead of standing in pajamas!!” He said.
Bakura and Atem looked at each other again and looked at him doubtful.
“Do you feel well, Marek? Yesterday, we had difficulty to wake you up and there you are standing at…. Seven o'clock!!” Said Bakura looking at the time in the watch of the living room, then watching him again.
Marek looked at them for a moment and turned to continue cooking.
“We have no time to lose, if we want to be ready for this afternoon!! We need to hurry!!”
"But… .. We will meet at three o'clock, finally! "Said Bakura yawning a little.
"Hey so! This is not a reason to sleep late !! " He began to say " Go, go! Go take your shower so that we can lunch! " He finished to say, stirring his hand to indicate them to go.
Bakura looked stunned and Atem began to smile mischievously.
"Don't worry, Bakura! I think our dear Marek is being pressed to be at three o'clock and saw someone in particular !! That is why he woke up early and 'barks' above us as well! " He said looking Marek cooking.
Bakura looked at Atem and understood, finally, what was happening. He began to smile and also looked Marek well.
"Ok ok, Mom… ..! Her we go! "Bakura said with a laugh.
Atem began to smile more and they saw Marek turn frowning even more.
"Ah, ah very funny !!" He said approaching them.
"Well! We will go there, huh! Atem " Said Bakura starting to move away seeing Marek approach, a pan by hand.
"I think you're right!" Atem said too also smiling mischievously.
Upon leaving the kitchen, they passed in front of Mr Haras, who had just stand up and he asked what was happening. Atem and Bakura looked at him and began to smile. Then they told him what had happened with Marek. The professor looked at them and began to smile too.
"I believe that I must to go too, to prepare also to prevent that he gives me his nervousness, I suppose!" He finished to say laughing.
The other two approved and they went into their room to take their belongings. They agreed on the order of passage for the shower and prepared.
Then after they dressed, they went to join Marek who had finished preparing breakfast. They ate talking about this day. They cleaned the table and put their dishes in the dishwasher, then went to the living room and talked and played the duel monster to handle. Because Atem and Bakura saw that Marek was impatient that it was three o'clock and that made them smile.
But Atem had to admit, somewhere deep inside of him, he was also a little impatient to go and see Anzu and her smile.
Among the Mazaki, Anzu had just woken up too, and got up slowly. She opened the curtains and opened her mouth wide with wonder. Because she also came to see that the city was covered with a large layer of immaculate snow. She opened the window and lifted her arms to bless this landscape. She had drawn a bright smile on her face that stretched to the ears. Then she closed the window and turned rested on it, eyes closed.
Then a sudden knock could be heard from the other side of the door and a few seconds after, it opened showing Kazumi, a smile on her face.
"Hello, Anzu! Did you sleep well? "She asked approaching her.
"Hum! Yes thank you very much! And you? "Asked Anzu by opening her eyes and smiling.
"Yes! I am ready to start the day! "She began to say, sitting on the bed of Anzu" Did you see it? It snowed all night!! It's beautiful, huh? "She said with a smile.
"Yes! As always!! It's so beautiful, it's like an enchantment whenever !! "She said with a dreaming eyes.
She agreed and looked at her, a smile on her face, happy to see her cousin back home, alive and happy.
Anzu looked too and smiled too.
"Well ! It is time to prepare, because the day will be busy, is not it? Fortunately, Mr Haras, Bakura, Atem and…. MAREK come to help us? "She said winking toward her cousin.
She blushed slightly when she heard the name of Marek and lowered her eyes. Then she raised her head and smiled to answer her.
"Yes! You're right! But you also must be happy that ATEM come to help us, is not it? “ She asked, smiling.
It was the turn of Anzu to blush closing her eye lowering her head, embarrassed. Kazumi looked kindly and realized the embarrassment of Anzu. She reopened her eyes and saw the gaze of her cousin. She sighed and said:
"Yes! It's true you're right !! I'm so happy he is here !! I missed him so much! He is a great friend "She finished to say.
"Are you sure this is just a friend, Anzu?" Said Kazumi watching her warmly.
Anzu looked at her intensely and she smiled. Kazumi's remark was appropriate. Atem was more than a friend for her. She experiencied a very strong feelings for him, but the problem was if he felt something for her. She had seen that he greatly appreciated her company, but did he fell something other than just friendship. She asked some questions and was afraid to discover the truth.
Her cousin observed her and understood what she thought.
"You know I think that Atem appreciate you enormously and I am almost sure he loves you !!" Said Kazumi.
Anzu reopened her eyes staring wide eyed.
"But what makes you say that, Kazumi?" She finished to say, waiting the answer of her cousin.
The latter smiled and replied:
"Well! I'm not sure! But given the way he looks at you and keep you is what I said !! "
"You know!! Atem is someone who cares a lot for his friends and appreciate them very much !! So I do not think he loves me at this point there! "She said with a sigh.
Kazumi looked at her and smiled for comfort. Anzu gave her a smile and approached her.
"Finally! The future will tell us!! "She began to say " Well let's go !! I'm hungry! "she said opening the door and watching her cousin.
She smiled and got up to go to join her. They went to prepare and ate with the parents of Anzu.
At half past two, Atem, Bakura, Marek and Mr Haras went out of the apartment with all their bags and closed the door to go in the Mazaki.
Arriving, they knocked and they waited. The door opened and left glimpse Kazumi who greeted and invited them to enter. Marek rushed to her and greeted her warmly. The three others also greeted her and entered.
Then came Anzu and she looked at them enter. Atem saw her and he smiled warmly. Anzu greeted the guests and looked at Atem intensively and gave him a bright smile. The others greeted her and looked both a smile to the lips.
"Hum Hum! We also are happy to see you too, Anzu!! "Said Marek smiling mischievously and approaching and watching them both.
Atem and Anzu detached from their eyes and blushed slightly. Then she looked at him and smiled.
"Yes! Me too I am delighted to see you Marek, although not as much as Kazumi? "Said Anzu to him giving him a smile and watching her cousin.
The latter and Marek blushed in turn and looked at each other, then looked Anzu, who smiled mischievously, and accepted his defeat with good grace, making him smile.
The other three looked this verbal jousting, and began to smile. Atem smiled even more, congratulating her from inside of him by having returned this"attack" from Marek. He looked at her out of the corner of the eye and admired her for her strength of character, because even disassembled she didn't lose her cool attitude and found always something to say.
Then, Mr and Mrs Mazaki appeared to turn and greeted the arrivals, who greeted them too Then they formed groups, Mr Haras and Mr Mazaki would take charge of the meal, as the father of Anzu knew very well cooking and Mr Haras also liked to cook. Atem, Marek, Kazumi and Mrs Mazaki would take care of installing tables and move furniture to make a little space during Anzu and Bakura would deal with decorations.
They worked in the right mood, and heard from time to time in the kitchen scraps for discussion and laughter. They could also feel the delicious smell which it emerged.
A five o'clock, the entire installation in the room was over and the decorations in place. They looked at the work done and they congratulated each other. Mrs. Mazaki offered the boys sit down to rest and offered a drink, they accepted with joy.
During that time, Kazumi and Anzu went upstaires to change. Twenty minutes later, they went down and join the boys. When they entered, the boys looked speechless in front of their beauty. Marek was the first to react and complimented the girls, especially Kazumi in approaching her. Atem him, complimented also them and looked carefully Anzu, filled with wonder by her beauty.
Indeed, the girls had changed and wore outfit that gave them a infinite grace. Kazumi weard a white robe fell above the knee, with a short jacket that it arriving to her chest with the sleeves of fake fur, and also around her neck, attached by two small adorable pompom. Her hair was slightly curly and detached. Marek was in the heavens and kept away from complimented her, which made her blush. As to Anzu, she contrasted with her cousin because she was dressed in black. She was wearing a pull-shaped crossover top with a stitch collar with flywheels and her lower sleeves are also flying well. Underneath she wore a black pants which seemed to slim her down and shown her womanly grace. Around her neck, there was a lovely necklace, simple but elegant. She had tied her hair in bun and a few locks framing her face. Her outfit was simple but elegant. Atem admired her length without detaching his gaze from her. Even Bakura remained speechless in front of them.
Anzu looked at him and looked for in his eyes what he really thought of her. She saw in his gaze some admiration and a glimmer of fascination. She blushed slightly and smiled inwardly, delighted with the effect she had on him.
The girls went to join them and discussed with them waiting the arrival of the other guests.
A six o'clock, the doorbell could be heard and Mrs. Mazaki was going to open. Yugi and the gang came and greeted the hostess. She invited them to go into the living room to join their friends. When they saw all, they greeted warmly and wished a merry Christmas. Then they laid their gifts under the tree and settled for discussion.
Mr Mazaki and Mr Haras, accompanied by Mrs. Mazaki, entered in the living room and greeted warmly. They all settled around the table and wore a toast in honor of family and friendship. Strong cacophony was heard around the table, everyone wanted to share his story.
Finally, they ate the meal prepared by Mr. Mazaki and Haras, and they congratulated them. The two men laughed deeply and thanked everyone.
Atem felt well with everybody and was a little surprised to see Mr Haras relaxed and laughing. He was happy for him, to see that he was befriended with Mr Mazaki. He looked, also at Anzu, who discussed with the girls and laughed with them. He loved to see her laugh and wasn't tired of watching her.
Jono Uchi spoke with his friends and ate a lot. Then he looked at Atem and saw that this one looked at Anzu length. He stopped eating and wondered what was happening. He saw that Marek looked at Atem equally and smiled mischievously. Jono Uchi looked at Marek and asked him from his gaze. He smiled at him and put a finger to his lips as he mean to Jono uchi to say nothing and he would explain later. Jono uchi agreed and return to eat and talk with his friends.
A Ten o'clock, the meal ended, everyone was satisfied and content of the meals. They all went in the living room to begin the party. Marek approached Jono uchi and asked him to join him in the hallway quietly. This one approved and he saw Marek go in the corridor. A few minutes later, he went to join him taking care that nobody saw him. When he came to Marek, he saw that he smiled mischievously. He wondered what he was going to tell him.
”Well! I guess you saw how Atem looked at Anzu, isn't it Jono Uchi? "Said Marek talking quietly.
"Yes, I noticed! But what is happening? "said Jono uchi approaching Marek a little more.
Marek smiled even more, and looked around him to see if nobody saw them. Reassured, he continued his story.
"Well! If you want to know everything, I think that Atem experiences something for Anzu, even if he doesn't realize it!! " He said in the tone of confidence.
"No? This isn't true !! " Exclaimed Jono Uchi a bit too much.
"Shuss !! Not so loud!! Said Marek putting his hand on the mouth of Jono uchi" Look, this is what we believe, Bakura and I!! And I have in the idea of helping to bring them together, even if Bakura is not too agree !! " He said removing his hand from the mouth of Jono uchi and looking at him.
"Oh! It's great !! Eh! If you want I can help you !! "Proposed Jono uchi excited by this idea.
Marek smiled even more and approached him.
"Well! I do expect less of you!! But we will have to be a little discreet, if not Bakura is going to realize !! And then, it should not do the opposite effect !! "Said Marek.
Jono uchi agreed and asked how they were going to do.
"Well! When the opportunity will arise, I emited some implied to try to make him understand what he felt, for example, or when they will look both, I would point out their!! You see the idea, don't you? "He said.
"Yes! Yes! I see very well!! In any case count on me !! "Jono uchi said raising his thumb.
Marek lifted his thumb too and they also began to smile mischivelously. Then Marek proposed to Jono uchi to return back in the living room so as not to attract attention. He approved and went back. Marek just smiled, pleased to have someone to help him. Then he returned to the living room to celebrate.
Everyone have fun. Rebecca was sitting beside Yugi who was discussing with Honda and Bakura. She took part in the discussion and felt happy beside Yugi. He felt good, too. The presence of Rebecca beside him, brought him comfort and confidence, because she encouraged and believed very strongly in him. He realized that she was in love with him and he felt strange. He saw that Anzu liked him, but not in the same way. She encouraged and supported him as well, but she does not loved him like Rebecca loved him. She loved him despite his size and nature child. This gave him the strength to believe in him and to accept him like he was.
He looked at Anzu, who discussed with Mai and Kazumi and smiled as he realized she would never love him. He decided to draw a line under this and concentrated on what he felt towards Rebecca.
Marek and Jono Uchi discussed together with Atem who listened. He listened with one ear and gave occasionally glances toward the one that occupied his thoughts. Jono uchi and Marek saw that and smiled.
The evening continued in a joyful atmosphere and a little noisy. Anzu apologised to the girls and headed for the corridor to take her coat and went outside to take air. Atem saw this, and after a few minutes of hesitation, he stood up and took his coat to go to join her.
He found her under the patio, in the process of contemplating the sky. He approached and stopped beside her and looked at her.
"I hope I don't bother you, Anzu?" He said with his deep and warm voice.
The latter looked at him and smiled.
"Of course not!! You don't bother me not at all! " She finished to say.
He smiled and he looked at the sky as well.
"I wanted to take a break, because it is a bit noisy inside!! And then it's so beautiful all this snow! " She said with her gaze lost in the distance.
"Hum! Yes! I totally agree with you!! Indeed this morning when I opened the window and I saw that I was amazed !! And then when I touched the snow, it was sweet and at the same time, cold !! " He Said remembering this morning.
Anzu smiled and looked at him.
"Yes I understand what you mean !! But be careful! Don't freeze your fingers !!” She said nicely.
He looked at her and agreed.
They each lost in the eyes and did not want to release their gaze on the other. They stayed together for a few minutes, without realising that someone watching them from afar.
Indeed, Mr Haras had seen and looked out the window quietly with a smile.
Suddenly, a block of snow which was on the roof, fell on Anzu, prompting a small cry of surprise. She was covered with snow from head to foot.
A little worried, Atem approached her and tried to see if she was okay. She removed the snow that fell in her eyes and looked at him.
"Are you well Anzu?" He asked her.
The latter wanted to answer him, but then another block of ice fell and landed on Atem this time. He was covered with snow, exactly as Anzu. He removed the snow that fell in his eyes, surprised, and looked at her.
"Well !! Give us the scarf, carrot and bonnet and we look like a perfect snowmen !! " Said Anzu trying to disengage from the snow and smiling.
Atem looked at her, then suddenly a laugh could be heard. Surprised, Anzu looked at where this came from and saw that it was Atem, who laughed at throat. He relied on the wall and could not help but laugh.
Anzu looked delighted to see him laugh, because she had never seen him like that. She looked at him touched, and then she began to laugh, accompanying Atem.
Mr Haras looked at them surprised to see his young student laugh too loud. He smiled delighted and happy.
They laughed both for a few minutes, trying to catch their breath. Then calming, they took off the rest of the snow that remained on them. Atem, ended the first and approached Anzu to help her to remove the snow that remained on her head, gently. His gaze seemed a tiny tenderness for her.
Anzu couldn't remove her gaze from him and Atem's hand get down to her head, gently caressed her cheek. She felt the warmth and gentleness of his hand on her cold and pale cheek, which contrasted with the color of his tanned skin. They were as mesmerized and didn't move.
They remained like that for a while, enjoying their complicity and this magic moment.
Then someone opened the door and Mr Mazaki appeared at the door.
Hearing the door open, Atem removed his hand on the cheek of Anzu and moved away from her reluctantly. She also moved away and watched her father join them.
"Well children! You'll catch a cold to stay outside like that !! "He said approaching her daughter.
"Yes, Dad you're right!! We will return, won't we Atem? "She asked returning to Atem without too watch him.
This one approved and they returned to the house.
Mr Haras drew the curtain and went on his observation post to sigh a little, because he saw the scene and he wondered that without such intervention, something would maybe happened.
Mr Mazaki, followed by Anzu and Atem far away, returned to the room. Passing near the door, Atem and Anzu heard an exclamation that came from someone, and attracted the attention of everyone. They stopped wondering what was happening.
"Hey! You are under a mistletoe, no? "Said Maï showing it with her fingertips.
Atem and Anzu looked at the mistletoe. Atem wondered what it meant.
"Yes and then !!" He asked lifting his eyebrows without understanding.
Suddenly, he felt someone beside him. He turned and saw that Marek had approached him running and watched him a mocking smile to the lips.
"Well, well!! You don't know what that means? Well! You see this is a Christmas tradition in which you can not escape! "He said.
Then he felt someone else who was on the other side and he saw that it was Jono uchi who had approached him with a bizarre dance and the same smile on his face.
"I agree partner!! You see! When two people are under the mistletoe, the tradition is that you… .. you kissed !! "He said moving his eyes in a suggestive way.
Atem looked at them and frowning.
"What do you say both?! This is a joke !! "He said.
"But it's not a joke, finally !! It is the tradition and you can not escape, is not it, Anzu?” Said Jono uchi turning to her.
Atem looked at her and saw that she had turned her head and blushed. Dumbfounded, he opened his mouth a little because he had understood that what they had said was true. He looked at everybody and saw them watching a smile on their lips. He began to blush a bit and turned his head too.
"So Atem! What do you expect? A little kiss can not hurt, right? " Said Marek approaching his head more from the one of Atem.
This one grumbled something and looked at Marek.
"Don't tell me that you don't want to do it? You'll see it's great! "He said.
Atem turned even more red. He thought about all this. Part of him wanted to do it, but ahead of everyone, like that. Then he thought again about what had happened outside and what he had felt. Taking his courage in both hands, he turned around and looked at Anzu.
Anzu felt the gaze of Atem on her and turned around. She saw his eyes and realized that he would do it so. She felt the anticipation win her and she felt she wanted it too. But in front of everyone like that. She looked in his eye and was lost in it. She realized that she saw anything unless him.
Marek and Jono uchi moved away from them and looked.
Atem approached her and bent down without leaving her eyes. Anzu looked at him approaching and lifted her head watching him intensely.
Suddenly, their lips touched and they felt a shiver went them through. Atem felt the softness of her lips and her fruity taste. He was surprised to appreciate very much what he felt.
As to Anzu, she felt the warmth and the strengh of his lips and appreciate it as well.
Then they moved away watching intensely and thinking back to that kiss.
"So! You saw! It wasn't so hard, eh Atem! " Said Marek laughing and holding a camera.
"Completely Marek !! And then it was so charming!! I hope that you had taken it? "Asked Jono Uchi, smiling.
"Yes yes! Don't worry! It will be a good memory! "He said him showing the photo he had taken.
Atem and Anzu looked stunned and stared wide eyed.
Everyone watched and applauded them. They began to blush madly and said anything.
Then everyone returned to their occupation. Marek, Jono uchi, Mai and Honda, which had approached, watched the photo. Kazumi watched her cousin compassionating and she smiled to support her. Rebecca had watched it a smile, happy, because she was reassured by this turn of events. Yugi, smiled too. Since he had renounced Anzu, he was pleased if it was Atem who took his place because he felt that between these two something could happen. Mr Haras smiled too, because seeing the kiss that had confirmed what he had thought for them two and maybe that would help his young student to become aware, of the feelings he had for her. As the parents of Anzu, they had watched it, happy as they greatly appreciated the young man and felt he would be a good son-in-law.
Anzu looked at Atem and quickly saw that he blushed. She smiled a little, and went to join her cousin.
At midnight, everyone offered their gifts between laughter and hugs. Atem took the package he had bought at the store and looked at it. Then he turned his gaze to Anzu and he saw that she had also taken a package in her hands and watched it. Suddenly, he saw her head up and watched him. They locked their gazes and came at the same time. Standing one in front of the other, they looked their packages, then they said at the same time:
" Here's your gift! "
They lifted their head at the same time and began to smile. They exchanged their gift and opened it.
Anzu stared, her eyes of surprise and delight. In her case, she could see a beautiful blue bracelet with an inscription above which said "a beautiful angel" and a small drawing wing alongside. She closed her eye pressing the bracelet on her heart and made him the most beautiful smiles he ever saw. Atem was delighted that his gift pleased her, because even if she had said anything, she had thanked him the most beautiful ways possible.
He then opened his gift and also saw in his case a gold pendant in a form of a small pyramid with an inscription written above "Believe in your dreams." He looked at it and smiled. because it is what she had always said to him when he was a spirit and had decided to make his credo. He placed the pendant beside the cartridge that she had offered and looked at her smiling affectionately. They thanked each other witout talking but only staring into their eyes.
The others were too busy to open their gift to notice their eyes full of affection for each other. Mr Haras noticed that and he decided to leave them alone. He went to join the parents of Anzu and discussed with them. But there was also Bakura who had noticed it. He smiled happy for both of them and decided, as Mr Haras, not intervene, unlike Marek, who had not listened to what he had said, and had apparently found a teammate in the person of Jono Uchi.
The evening ended with songs and full of laughter. At two o'clock in the morning, they decided to return home to go to bed and get back their emotions of the evening. The gang agreed to see back the next day around noon to eat a piece and spend the afternoon together. Everyone approved and they wished a good night.
Hi!! This chapter is over!! So what did you think about this!! I have fun to write this and i love it!! I hope you like it too!! Tell me please it's encourage me to go on!!