Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To Live ❯ Meant to Live, Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Same drill as last time, but just incase…

Warning: Shounen-ai and

Disclaimer: I do not own YuGiOh or the lyrics to "Meant to Live" by SwitchFoot.

Now the story.

Meant to Live, Part 2

(Bakura's POV)

*Dreaming about Providence

And whether men or mice have second tries*

What the hell was that for?! He just closed the link! He is going to be sorry when he gets home!

/Ryou? Ryou?/

Baka. Where is he? The last thing I felt wasn't too pleasant… His temperature didn't seem normal… What if he's sick?!

/Shut up, you don't care/ One half of my mind stated

//Yes I do! He could be in trouble right now!//

/Leave the weakling to his own troubles./

//I'd never abandon Ryou like that!//

/Of course you would/

//No! I don't ever mean to hurt him!//

/He's afraid of you. Every time he sees you he cowers in fear, wondering what you'll do to him next… You break his soul everyday…/

//STOP! Get outta my head!//

/You love him… but he'd never be able to love you… All of those scars you've given him… mentally and physically…/

"Ryou!" I shouted out loud. Where was he? I need to find him quickly!

*Maybe we've been living with eyes half open

Maybe we're bent and broken, broken*

Where is his school? Crap, I forgot to ask him! Oh well, guess I'll have to find it on my own.

I've gone down several streets and still no school! Where the hell is it?! Wait! I see it! Don't worry Ryou, I'm coming!

/Ryou, please answer./

Still no response… Please let him be okay…

Where would he be in this gigantic building?!

/It doesn't matter to you… go home and sleep again./

//Get outta my head!//

/Why would you care about such a weakling? You never have before./

//Ryou's different! Now leave me alone!//

/He probably doesn't want to see you. You'd just make it worse for him./

//What?//

/To be sick and see your face above him… You could easily take advantage of him./

//Well that's not going to happen! Just get the hell outta my head!!//

*We were meant to live for so much more

Have we lost ourselves?

Somewhere we live inside

Somewhere we live inside*

"Bakura? What are you doing here?" Jonouchi was walking back to class.

"Where's Ryou?!" I demanded.

"Since when do you care?" Jonouchi sounded confused.

/Told you. Even the mutt says you don't care./

//SHUT THE HELL UP! AND DON'T YOU DARE INSULT RYOU'S FRIENDS!//

/Watch your temper, you wouldn't want to waste any of it./

//GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!//

"Um, Bakura? You in there?"

"Yes mortal, now tell me where Ryou is!" He had to know…

"He's in the infirmary."

"DO YOU THINK I KNOW WHERE THAT IS?! This is my first time in this school!" I was almost shouting at him.

"It's down a floor, last room on the left side after you make a right at the bottom of the stairs."

"Great! Just go about your business!" I shouted back as I ran for the staircase.

Please be ok… Please be ok… I don't know what I'd do without you…

/You'd just have to find another punching bag./

//HE IS NOT MY PUNCHING BAG! NOW STAY OUT OF MY HEAD!//

/Ryou doesn't think that way and you know it. He is terrified of you. He's scared to do anything without your consent, just incase you get angry with him. That's why he went to school this morning. You saw how bad he looked./

*flashback to that morning*

"Get out of bed already! I don't want you to start whining about being late to school!"

"Sorry Bakura… I'm going as quickly as possible…"

"Well move faster!"

"I'm sorry… My head is hurting a bit"

"Oh, poor Ryou. Your head starts to hurt a small bit and it's the end of the world. Suck it up, weakling."

"Sorry… I'm going…"

"Just don't go complaining to me if you're late. It's pathetic the way you expect me to do everything for you."

"I'll try harder Bakura."

"You better! You're already worthless, try to fix that. Though I don't think it's possible."

"I'm sorry Bakura… You're right. I'm going now."

"What about breakfast you baka?!"

"I'm not in the mood…"

*back to regular time*

//I can't believe I did that to him…//

/Well believe because it's true./

//I don't care if it's true or not! Stop showing me my faults!//

/Your faults could cost him a lot./

//Well I'm going to fix that right now!//

I'm coming Ryou… no matter what I said this morning or any other time, I'm coming to help you… I care, I really do.

*We were meant to live for so much more

Have we lost ourselves?

Somewhere we live inside*

Sometimes I wish you would just run into my waiting arms and tell me you love me, over and over. But that will never happen. I know you are too frightened of me to do that. Oh, how I wish I could just learn to be more sensitive towards him! He doesn't deserve to be pushed around by me.

He is a child of the heavens, only corrupted by me, a child of hell. How could all of the other angels reject him? Did they not see what he truly is? Or did they want to punish him by placing him with me?

I, who was so evil that hell rejected me, have tortured him more than words can say. But doesn't he see that I love him? I guess it's too hard with all of the beatings I give him…

Ryou… I am so sorry. I am hurting you more than I know. But it pains me as well. I… what happened to him?! Why is he laying here on a bed with his eyes closed?!

"Sir, may I help you?" Questioned the nurse at the desk.

"What happened to him?"

"He passed out during class. You can bring him home if you fill out these papers."

"He passed out?" Poor Ryou. Why didn't I see it coming? Why did he want so badly to stay in class?

"Yes. He'll be fine now. It's just a high fever."

"So… where are those papers?" He needs to be in his room right now…

Don't worry Ryou… only another minute until we're home. I can't believe you. Care about yourself for once! Just because I push you to do something doesn't mean you have to give in!

I moved my arm so I could feel his forehead. How could it get this bad?! I almost burnt my hand just touching it! Ryou, you need to take better care of yourself. You care too much about whether I take my pills at might and if I remember to have lunch that you forget to do things for yourself! Tomorrow I'm going to take you somewhere special…

Your bed is right here. What do you normally do in this empty room of blackness? I don't see how you can amuse yourself in here. Just lay down and rest. I'm here to protect you.

We want more than this world's got to offer

Ryou… it's been 3 hours. I'm just sitting here watching you. You've been sleeping so peacefully. But… Your temperature still hasn't dropped! Why are you so ill? Could it have been something I did? No, injuries don't cause illness.

/But they cause stress, stress strains the immune system, and then you become more prone to diseases./

//I didn't do it! And he never looked stressed.//

/Of course. He is very good at hiding it. You know he dwells on your actions almost everyday./

//Stop telling me these things!//

/Suit yourself. You're only denying the truth./

Ryou… Please wake up… I need you to. In Ancient Egypt people could die from even a cold… I could never lose you, now. I haven't told you yet. Why doesn't your fever settle down? Wait! What do you normally do when you have a sickness?

The medicine cabinet! As I rummaged through all of the bottles I wondered… what does he have? Crap! I forgot about that! There's no way I'm taking him to a doctor… Maybe I don't have to! This medicine bottle is for high fever!

I ran back to Ryou as fast as possible. How much does he weigh? Does it really matter? Well, I don't want to kill him… Carrying him over to the scale I realized that he'd weigh more while sleeping. Oh well, I'll just subtract a few pounds.

Holding him straight and trying to read the tiny numbers is more difficult than I imagined… 90?! This thing must be broken! Without the dead weight he'd weigh about 84 pounds! Does he starve himself?! That reading isn't even on the adult bottle! Does that mean he should take the children's medicine? Oh well, the smallest adult amount won't hurt him. Now all's I have to do is wake him up…

"Ryou? Ryou, are you awake?"

Silence. He's still out… Maybe it'd be better to wake him in his room…

"Ryou, wake up. Please wake up."

Still no response. Shaking him a little might work…

"Ryou, time to get up. Bakura's been worrying about you for 3 hours."

Did I just say that?! Please tell me he did not hear that! Oh good, he's still asleep.

"Ryou, you need to wake up…"

He stirred! He's waking up!

"Wha… where?

"It's ok, you're home."

He looked at me and then jumped against the wall and sat bolt up.

"Bakura! Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to cause you any trouble!"

"Calm down! You'll make your fever worse!"

"Fever? Is that why I'm so dizzy?"

"Yes, I need you to take some medicine so it will go away."

I handed him the pill and a glass of water.

"Th-thank you, Bakura. How did you know how much I take?"

"I had to weigh you, and I wasn't happy."

"Sorry. I know I should start a diet or exercise more."

"Are you crazy?! That'll just make it worse! You're lees than 85 pounds and you're about 5 ft. 7!"

"I'm sorry. I know I'm too much."

"Too much?! Can you get any less! If I was a stranger and I was given that information I would have guessed you were anorexic!"

"Bakura, I'm-"

"And don't apologize `cause there's nothing to apologize for. Just take the medicine."

I can't believe him! He thinks he's overweight! How could he? How could his friends not tell me? Or how could they not notice?

"Sorry for aggravating you. I-I didn't mean to."

He took the pill and glass with such shaky hands I was afraid he was going to spill it all over his bed.

"I'll be in the other room. You just go to sleep again when you're done."

"Okay, Bakura. And thank you."

"Stop apologizing and thanking people for the smallest things! Care for yourself for once!"

"Sorry, I'll try."

"There you go again! Just don't talk!"

I stormed out at that. I'll try? What's that to say about yourself? He has no self-respect.

*We want more than this world has to offer*

(Ryou's POV)

Anorexic? Does he think I weigh little? Look at how much fat I have on my body! That reflection you're staring at is hideous. Can't you do anything right? You depend on Bakura for everything.

Well, just down the medicine. He wants you to take it; you can't disobey him. But I don't want to get well, I just want to die. What can get me out of this world of misery? Maybe I could sneak some more pills… He left the bottle in my room! So Ra really wants you to die, huh? Don't blame Ra! It's your own fault!

Just grab the bottle slowly, and take out the pills carefully. He's not coming back in, is he? Stop acting so paranoid! Down them. Down the whole bottle. He won't care, no one would. Slowly…

"Ryou!"

"Bakura!"

"What the hell do you think your doing?!"

"I'm sorry…"

"Damn right! Taking them all at once?! Are you trying to kill yourself?!"

"Bakura…"

Did he hear me through the link?

"No, just put the bottle down! I can't leave you alone for 10 seconds can I?"

"I'm sorry."

"Stop saying that! It's annoying me!"

Look what you did! You got him angry again. That's the only thing you're good at.

"I'll try not to."

"Good. Now take one and go to sleep."

"O-okay."

I'm so sorry Bakura, but I can't tell you or you'll just get angry again. I just took the pill and stared at Bakura as he sat at the chair near my desk.

"Sleep." He demanded.

"I-I can't… I'm too awake…"

"Then I have a few questions to ask you."

He wants to know about me? Probably some part of some evil plan he's conjured.

"May I lay down while you ask?"

"I thought you weren't tired."

"I'm not… I just feel more comfortable on my back."

I just didn't want him to see me cry. If he did he'd call me a weakling and probably beat me again.

"If it suits you…"

I swung my legs back on the bed and bent them so they hid my face from view. I normally spend my time in this position, just staring at the black ceiling and brooding about how my life is. That's what I do in my free time…

"Ask away." I told Bakura without looking at him.

"Okay. First off, how could you not notice what's happening between you and your teacher?"

I blushed at this. He really did believe there's someone who could show affection for me? Or, in the least, tolerate me?

"I guess I'm still not convinced."

"Well I am and I think that's just plain wrong!"

"Sorry."

"What're you apologizing for? It's not your fault."

"I don't know… I guess I feel it is…"

"Well don't. Secondly, why do you weigh so little?"

He cares? For me? No, it couldn't be. I eat more than my share. He's just trying to get to me, I know it.

"I don't… I try to watch my health…"

"Well trying to be healthy is killing you! Go weigh yourself right now and tell me what you find!"

You got him angry again. Go you, you succeeded at something. Now do as he says, go. The scale… the numbers are so tiny. What? 82?! You did really badly this month! Now go back and tell Bakura like you're supposed to. Go back and tell him how fat you are.

"I'm…" I couldn't finish. I know he is going to get angry.

"What? Tell me!"

"82…"

"WHAT?! ARE YOU MAD?! I NEED TO WATCH YOUR EATING HABITS!"

See, I told you.

"I know… I need to be healthier…"

"HEALTHIER?! YOU COULD KILL YOURSELF IF YOU WEIGHED ANY LESS!"

Less? Did he say less?

"Less?"

"YES LESS! DO YOU EVEN EAT DURING THE DAY!?"

"Yeah…"

"When?"

Good, he's calming down.

"In the morning."

"I never see you."

"That's because I eat on the way to school, it's a long walk."

"What do you normally eat?"

"Um… either a leaf of lettuce or nothing."

"Nothing?! And a leaf is not enough to sustain you for a whole day!"

"I normally don't do well in gym… but I try, Bakura. I try my hardest!"

He's right. I'm not a rabbit after all. But it's beat to be healthy if anything. I don't even want to remember my physical fitness results…

"You got them?" He asked, sounding a little ticked off.

Did he hear me?

"You listened, didn't you?"

"No, you're just not good at hiding your thoughts. So where are they?"

"Sorry for not telling you. I'll get them."

I rummaged through the papers on the desk behind him. Where did I put that sheet? Ah! Here!

I handed it to Bakura and got back into my position on the bed.

"Pathetic," He said as he looked it over.

"I'm sorry…"

"10% Body fat?! And you don't exercise, do you?"

"No… I really should…"

"Stop it with your healthiness stuff! If you do anything else to try and improve yourself you'll drop dead!"

I can't believe he wouldn't want that to happen. Especially after Battle City.

"Slow, slow, weak, weak, strong leg muscles though, but weak, weak, weak, and slow. Those are your results."

"I'm sorry."

"If you ate more that wouldn't be the case!"

He wants me to eat more? Still? But… just look at my reflection. I can't now, he'll see I've let out two tears.

"Ugh! I'll drop it for now. My last question, for now, is what do you do in your spare time here? You're always in your room and I see no form of entertainment."

My eyes widened. I couldn't tell him. Not the truth atleast…

"I… uh… read… and draw sometimes."

"And your tone of voice isn't helping your lie."

How was he always so good at that?

"I'm sorry."

"What do you really do in here?"

"I… I can't tell…"

"Yes you can."

"But you'd get mad at me!"

Why did I just say that?! Who told me I could say that?! Now it's just going to make him more curious!

"Just say it!"

Now he's getting aggravated… tell him, you have to.

"I just sit on my bed and think. That's all."

"About what?"

"My life…"

(THE END, for now)

Please r&r! I know it sucks so far!