Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Millennium Dark ❯ The Way I am ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4 "The Way I am."

Author's notes: Thanks for the reviews, everyone! If you want to see Millennium Light drawn by Lizeth, go here: http://www.mediaminer.org/fanart/view.php?id=120736 if you want to see Millennium Dark in colour also by Lizeth, go here: http://www.mediaminer.org/fanart/view.php?id=97847

Tricky names to remember:

Maric Ishtal: Millennium LIGHT

Malik Ishtar: Millennium DARK

Shadi: Millennium DARK

Shaadi: Millennium LIGHT

Pairings: Yami/Yugi … Malik/Bakura … Shonen-ai (Maric/Shaadi) and possibly Seto/Joey…

Dark-Gatomon has this nifty little series called "As If!" and basically what it is a bunch of never-happening conversations in the episodes…kind of like a blooper fic but not. Read it here: http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php?id=20268

* * *

Yorkdale Mall-Toronto

Bakura winced as yet another screaming fan-girl told him in tears how much they adored him and treated him and Malik like a religious experience. He forced a smile and signed their arm, shirt, an autograph book, photo whatever it was that they brought in front of him. Malik was faring much better, as he greeted everyone with a smirk, which melted them enough so that they would be speaking gibberish that he wouldn't have to pay attention to whilst signing the photo. Shadi, for the life of him, couldn't understand why the girl in front of him was sobbing hysterically.

"I…I didn't mean to make you cry," Shadi said panicking a little. He half-stood up and gave the girl a hug, and was surprised out of his wits when the girl's arms snapped around his neck. "Are…are you alright now?" The girl nodded and Shadi smiled and handed her the photo of himself that he had signed. After the girl left, Shadi thought to himself, these girls think we're some sort of God

Malik turned to Bakura. "You look less than thrilled, Bakura."

"Well that would be because I AM less than thrilled," Bakura replied with a smirk. He put his hand under the table and his smirk widened as Malik took his hand and squeezed it. The two hours seemed to go by like years, but the three kept up a brave face. They would be leaving for Japan to finish recording the album. "I wonder how our brave and skinny lead singer is doing at that Much More Music thing?"

Shadi turned to the white-haired rebel. "I'm sure he's having more fun than we are." He rubbed his arm, hoping to get some feeling into them after a girl squeezed them enough so that his veins were emptied of any blood that was in them. Shadi smiled though. "But this is something I might never get tired of. All of our fans, they're…"

"Vocal?" Malik supplied helpfully.

"No, so appreciative," Shadi replied, laughing as Joey hesitantly turned away the remaining girls, around twelve of them. Shadi turned as they began to protest. "Joey, let them through. They'll be the last." Joey blinked but nodded, letting the girls come. After they got photos signed, they thanked Shadi immensely, and one kissed him on the cheek. A bright red blush showed up on Shadi's brown skin, and it must have been deep if it showed up. Malik laughed outright whilst Bakura kept to quietly snickering.

"You guys ready to blow this joint? Seto and Yami are gonna join up with us at the hotel," Joey said, after putting his cell phone back on its place on his belt. As spokespeople went, Joey was very laid-back, and very rarely dressed in a suit. Raised on the streets of the Bronx, the blonde knew hard work was the only way to work. Sure he was a bit of a dolt at times, but wasn't everyone entitled to those moments? Truth was, Joey pretended to be a bit of an idiot just to relieve pressure. Especially to Seto, that guy seriously needed to take a break once in a while, Joey thought. Receiving a nod from Shadi, Malik and Bakura, Joey nodded to the security personnel that began to close off the area. "Let's scram."

Malik looked thoughtful as the four of them walked through the back to get to where their limousine was parked. "Joey, I got a question."

Joey stopped for a moment and turned to the tanned blonde. "Yo? What's up, Malik?"

"I was just thinking…how are you the one that can calm Seto down? Even Mokuba can't get him to discharge that temper of his as fast as you can. Why is that?" Malik questioned, and blinked as he saw a small blush dance across Joey's cheeks. It was gone in a flash, and Joey's cheeks returned to their normal, peachy colour.

He gave a shrug. "You know, I have no idea. I just say what's on my mind. It's how I was raised, and with no manners when it comes to authority, I think that's what gets Seto. Wouldn't recommend that ya try it or anythin'…but that's what I think works." As they began to walk, Joey continued on with their agenda. "Once we get back to the hotel, you have a bit of time to get your stuff ready and as soon as Yami and Seto arrive, we're off to the airport to get on that freakin' long flight to Japan."

"Ah, but home sweet home," Shadi said with a wistful smile. "It makes the 17 hours spent on that plane seem reasonable."

Bakura looked at the older boy like he had seven heads. "Oh no it doesn't! I like home and all, but seventeen hours justifies nothing!" He sighed. "Besides, we have to get back in that studio, and I'm not looking forward to it."

Joey raised an eyebrow. "Oh really Bakura? I thought you of all people would be used to being locked in a room." He dodged a punch from the infuriated guitarist, laughing his head off. "Aw, c'mon Bakura! It's just a joke! Got some sexual frustration issues?" After ducking another punch, Joey coughed and stopped himself from laughing. "Let's go."

The Recording Studio, Tokyo Japan

Malik looked over at Bakura, who seemed to become more and more like a recluse as the recording went on. The producer kept stopping him on his vocals and telling him to take it up a bit, tune it down, or to `quit yelling'. Bakura was never one to be patient, or to take criticism very well when force-fed it. The gruelling process was taking its toll on every one of them, from writing the lyrics, to working out a beat, to actually hammering out the final product. It was taking them longer than expected, and this producer was not helping any. He seemed to have a thing against Joey, always calling him `dweeb'.

Shadi had just finished up his drum solo so to speak, and was walking out of the room. The producer turned to Joey. "Dweeb, where's your electric guitarist?" he asked, a strong American accent shining through.

Joey twitched. "Bakura just went to get something to drink, `Bandit' Keith." He resisted the strong urge to punch out the producer, but he was supposedly one of the best, and Seto told him to tolerate Keith. Didn't ask to tolerate, TOLD him to tolerate Keith's provocative attitude. It would be hard, Joey had one of the shortest tempers in the world. But he had to, if he wanted to keep his job. Yami had put a hand on his shoulder and told him this quietly but frequently.

Bakura soon returned with a bottle of Aquafina water. Keith turned to him with a frown on his face. "Where the hell were you? We're running on time being paid for by YOUR manager. I'm sure he wouldn't want to have it wasted on you running for water."

"I have one thing to say to you-fuck off," Bakura said swiftly, picking up his guitar. He put it over his shoulder and tuned it up. After a little bit of tuning, he was satisfied with it and walked into the recording booth. He looked extremely focused, and throughout most of the song, he was flawless, that was until his finger slid to the wrong chord and had to stop. "Shit," he cursed under his breath.

Keith's voice came in over the speakers in the room. "What was that?"

Bakura pursed his lips. "It was a mistake. The only one I've made in two minutes of recording, that's what it was." Malik noticed that he was closer this time to erupting, and he knew how violent Bakura could get when his chain was yanked too much. Shadi turned to Malik with the same worried look. Keith said nothing but pressed the button back and Bakura continued until he was so deep in thought about the first mistake, he made another one. "Goddamn it."

Keith raised an eyebrow and drummed his fingers on the control board. Bakura was never one to make mistakes and when he was, he was not 100% concentrating. "Bakura, are you even here in this studio or is your mind somewhere else? Look, if you're not willing to continue we can q-"

"No!" Bakura yelled, causing Shadi to wince. "I won't give you the satisfaction of causing me to quit. I can finish this. Just play the damned tape again." Keith cursed under his breath for being talked to like that, but reminded himself he was being paid to tolerate these brats. He pressed `play' and waited for Bakura. Finally after a tense-filled minute and thirty seconds, Bakura finished his part, and got out, quickly walking out of the studio. Malik walked out after him and stopped him. "What?" Bakura snapped.

Malik was taken aback but kept his stance. "What was going on in there? Was your mind somewhere else, Bakura?"

Bakura groaned. "Not you too! I thought of all people that you would be the one to have enough sense to just leave it alone! I'm having an off day! Why doesn't anyone jump the fucking gun when Yami can't sing a note?"

"Calm down!" Malik exclaimed, deciding against holding Bakura's hand. "We're just worried, that's all. You're never like this, and when you explode it's just…it's not something we'd expect, you know?"

"No, I don't know!" Bakura said exasperated. "That's just it! Apparently I don't know anything! All I get is `try it again, you're screwing up' or `Bakura, what the hell is wrong with you?' … Fuck… I just can't take it anymore!"

"What's on your mind?" Malik asked, putting his hands in his pockets. "It's got to be something that's important."

"Why is everyone saying that?!" Bakura demanded, growling. Malik tried to move towards him to embrace him but Bakura shoved him off, causing Malik to hit the wall. Malik's violet eyes widened in shock and a little bit of anger. "I'm fine! Just leave me the fuck alone, Malik! Just … leave me alone." With that, Bakura started on his way down the hall and left Malik standing there in complete shock.

Yami walked out from the studio after Joey asked him to see if Malik had gotten Bakura to come to his senses. "Malik? What's the matter?" Yami asked concerned. His amethyst eyes widened as he saw Malik's eyes become a little watery. "You're…you're crying." He put a hand on Malik's shoulder. "Malik?"

Malik didn't answer him for a bit, but then said, "Yami…I don't know if that's Bakura anymore. He's changed and not for the better."

"It's just stress," Yami supplied, keeping his hand on Malik's shoulder. "Bakura's a hot-head, you know that. He'll be back to normal soon. Now let's back inside."

"I don't know about that, Yami…" Malik said a little softly, as he turned to walk back inside. "I just don't think that's the case…"

-TBC-

Author's notes: Buwah! I feel very accomplished. How did you like the chapter? Please review and let me know. If there's anything you want me to see, just let me know. *Waves* Ja ne!