Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Millennium Dark ❯ Thinking of You ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6 "Thinking of you."

Author's notes: Aha, look! It's actually an update! Rejoice and cease the yelling! I haven't had a chance all break to work on anything. *Looks around* blame the family. Nothing much to say other than AHH! SCHOOL! *Runs in fear*

* * *

Ryou returned to the house that he shared with the rest of his band mates. A huge smile graced his lips and would not leave. The guitarist knew full well the cause of the smile-Bakura Akuma. True, the aforementioned musician was notorious for not being the most sociable person on the planet, but he had seemed very nice, and he did help Ryou up. If he were as bad as his reputation perceived him to be, he would not have bothered with Ryou. That's got to count for something, right?

As he entered the house, his big dark eyes sparkled as he happened upon Shaadi and Maric sitting very close to one another on the couch. Maric's hand was mere centimetres from Shaadi's slender ones, and the cute awkwardness just hung in the air. Ryou wasn't sure if the two saw him, so the snow-haired boy quickly moved around but his elbow on the dinner table. Which had very sharp edges, thank you very much with an X.

"Ow! Bloody hell!" Ryou exclaimed, clutching his left elbow with his right hand. Maric and Shaadi jumped, and Maric took the chance to jump up and go to see what had happened. When he reached Ryou, said boy was biting his lip and wincing as the pain shot through his arm.

"Ryou, are you alright?" Maric questioned.

Ryou jumped, and turned around, now hitting his right elbow on the table. Determined not to swear, Ryou thought it was the best time for another "bloody hell!" He whimpered, now nursing two scraped elbows. "I'm fine," he managed, "I'm really sorry for interrupting your time with Shaadi-" Ryou clamped a hand on his mouth, realising he wasn't supposed to reveal that he had seen anything. "I mean, creating such a ruckus that you two were d-" Again, his hand was clamped over his mouth. He groaned. "Alright, I confess. I saw you and Shaadi sitting on the couch quite close. Sorry!"

Maric didn't respond for a bit, then after seeing such a distressed expression on Ryou's face, he burst out laughing. "Oh Ryou! You don't need to apologise for anything! I heard footsteps and the door close." There was a pause for another little fit of laughter. "Now, what were you grinning like a monkey for when you walked in?"

Ryou blinked. It took a moment to grasp what Maric had said. "You saw me?" The guitarist slapped his forehead realising he should have just kept on walking. When you try and sneak around, you fudge up. At times, Ryou wished he were James Bond. There's a British dude with some stealth. He beamed though, remembering how Bakura's deep voice had sent shivers down his spine. "I met someone today."

"Oh? Is she pretty?" Maric inquired.

Ryou blushed. "It's a he." Maric's widened purple eyes almost made Ryou not want to continue. "I bumped into him on the sidewalk when I was walking downtown. He helped me up and showed me the way to the subway."

Maric chuckled. "Sounds like a great guy. Does he have a name? Or is he just the nameless romancer?"

Oh dear. Bakura's part of MD…how will Maric react? Ryou thought worriedly. But I can trust him with anything "Will you promise not to tell a soul?"

Maric blinked. "OF course. You know you can tell me anything."

"His name is Bakura Akuma," Ryou blurted.

Pause. "WHAT?!" Ryou wanted to duck under the table that had attacked him. "Are you sure we're talking about the same Bakura?" Maric demanded. "He's not a nice guy at all!"

"Maric, please listen to me," Ryou pleaded. Maric didn't look too convinced, but he stopped long enough to listen to Ryou's plead. "He was nice to me. If he were as mean as you think he was, would he have helped me up? Think about it."

"You think about it!" Maric demanded, poking Ryou in the chest. His purple eyes were laced with anger and concern. "I don't want you to get your hopes up. I can't explain why Bakura chose to help you up, but I can assure you that it is a once-in-a-lifetime thing." He continued with that thought. "Bakura Akuma is a devil, to be honest with you, just like his last name suggests. He's not a nice person, by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not trying to dampen your spirits, but listen to me." He gave a sigh. "I have met this Bakura Akuma. He's not a nice guy. It is a rare thing that he helped you up rather than walk right over you."

Ryou looked confused. The Bakura that he met was nothing like the one that Maric was describing now. The Bakura that he had met was nice, kind, and he was clumsy, not to mention very handsome. There was that dangerous aura to him, it was undeniable. To be honest to himself, Ryou could not deny that he was attracted to that dangerous feeling. "Well he did help me up and shouldn't that count for something?"

Maric crossed his arms over his chest. "I would not hold my breath, Ryou." He gave a small smile. "There is something about you that brings out the best qualities in everyone. But anyway, have you seen Yugi?"

Ryou shook his head. "No, I haven't. Is he upstairs?" Maric nodded and Ryou smiles gratefully at his friend, going up the stairs. "Yugi?" At first the younger boy didn't hear and Ryou smiled, knocking on the door. "Hello?"

Yugi jumped and looked at the door. "Oh, it's you Ryou. You scared me." He gave a cute look and smiled. "Come in. I wanted to talk to you."

* * *

Yami sighed and looked over at Bakura. The boy had been silent and mainly been mentally debating with himself. It unsettled the vocalist to be quite honest, to see Bakura so quiet and so … not himself. "What was the name of this boy you ran into?"

Bakura blurted the name as if it was second nature, "Tenshi [1] Ryou." Yami's eyes widened and continued staring at Bakura like the white haired male had three heads. "No, I didn't say the wrong name. Ryou was the one I ran into."

"HE'S the one that's got you like this? I must say, he must be something then," Yami said under his breath. They were sitting in a room in the hotel, Yami offering to be the one to room with Bakura, since Malik was to distressed and Shadi had his hands full trying to get anything out of the spiked blonde.

"Do you think I like it that someone that weak can do this to me? Have you SEEN that sweater of his? He looks like he's ready to play cricket, not be in a band!" Bakura vented, trying hard to convince himself more so than Yami. He then groaned, putting his hand over the Millennium Eye. "What am I going to do, Yami? That stupid Englishman has turned everything upside down and Malik won't talk to me."

"Well there you go assuming things."

"I'm not assuming anything!"

Yami looked incredulously at his bandmate. "You've gone further off the deep end than I thought you were previously. You're assuming that Malik's unreasonable. He is at times I admit, but listen to me: you've got a chance to make up for that outburst. Now, are you going to let some random occurrence on the street break what you and Malik have?"

Bakura looked at the vocalist and knew that he was right. "No…I won't let that do anything. But I can't do anything now. It's too late and Shadi must be in there talking him to even considering seeing me now…and you better not tell anyone that I'm actually listening to you, Pharaoh."

Yami smirked. "I wouldn't even dream of it."

"Yes you would."

"That's besides the point."

"…That IS the point!"

* * *

When Bakura had fallen asleep, Yami lay on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. Helping Bakura with his problems with Ryou helped take his mind off of his situation with Yugi. He felt guilty for not calling Yugi when he promised to, but the schedule had suddenly picked up and he couldn't find the time to phone. He always had found the time before. Was he just over thinking this? Ah, he probably was.

Glancing over at Bakura's sleeping form, Yami felt something in his chest. He needed to tell someone of his relationship with Yugi. It was this growing desire that he couldn't ignore anymore. But who could he trust with such a thing? Bakura? That's a good one. Malik? He's got his own problems with Bakura. Shadi? That was a possibility, then again, Shadi was trying to handle everyone's problems and Yami certainly didn't want to trouble the elder boy anymore than he probably already was. Maybe he could talk to Seto? That was another no. Seto was so busy that Yami barely saw him. That left Joey, one of the more unlikely people to talk to, but Malik had said the other blonde was a good listener.

Actually thinking that it was a good idea, Yami got up from his bed and knowing that Joey was in the other room probably working on bookings, went to the adjacent room. Opening the side door that provided access to either room Yami opened it and saw Joey talking on his trusty cell phone. Apparently the party on the other end of the phone didn't like Joey's offer and abruptly hung up. "Bastards!" Joey muttered. He turned, seeing the door open. "Yami? You're not sleeping yet?"

Yami gave a thin smile. "No, Joey, I couldn't sleep. But that's why I came to talk to you. Malik told me that you're a good listener…"

Joey turned a little red and scratched the back of his head. "Aha, you could say dat. What's up Yami? Sit down over here and we'll chat." Yami nodded, closing the door that he had opened and walked over to the chair across from Joey. "You don't have to worry about Seto walking in, that dude's talking to the brass and won't be back for … well hours. But enough about that. What's bugging you, man?"

There was a pause as Yami was trying to figure out the best way to hypothetically put this. Joey was patient and waited for Yami to start talking. "Joey, there's no easy way for me to say this, and I need to tell someone. But it's something big and if everybody else knew, it would be a huge catastrophe. Promise not to tell a single soul?"

Millennium Dark's agent blinked a few times, but with one glance to Yami's serious amethyst eyes, Joey nodded. "I promise man. I won't say a word unless you want me to. You're not, quitting the band, are you?"

Yami gave a little chuckle. "No, no, Joey, it's nothing like that…you see, I'm seeing someone."

"Hey! That's great," Joey enthused. "At least we know there are some people on the planet that can actually melt the heart of the great Yami."

Laughing, Yami shook his head. "You're a real card, Joey." His face turned serious. "But the person I am seeing…" There was another pause. "The person I am seeing, they could be seen as the problem, you know what I mean?"

"I kind of do, Yami. But you're going to have to tell me who this person is sooner or later you know," Joey joked lightly. "I'm not going to understand a lot if you continue to just say `you know what I mean'."

Yami nodded and gave a little sigh. "Okay, I'm going to come right out and say it. I'm seeing Yugi Motou."

There was a long silence. Yami bit his lip as he looked at the face of the New Yorker. Joey's expression didn't change and finally he spoke. "Well that is one helluva bomb shell you just dropped Yami. No one else knows about this?" Yami shook his head.

Suddenly there was a flash of panic in Yami's eyes. "You can't tell a soul about this, Joey. You can't tell anyone what I've just told you."

"Whoa, whoa, calm down man! I didn't say I was gonna go and rat on ya!" Joey put a hand on Yami's shoulder. "Are you sure you know what you're doin' with this? I mean, do you know if you're going the right way about this?"

"I've kept it secret for about five months now," Yami said and Joey's eyes widened at the time frame, but kept silent. "But lately I've been slipping up and I think Malik's catching onto my recent little slips. Joey, but I dearly want to go and see Yugi…and I can't. It's just tearing me apart inside and I don't know what to do."

Joey squeezed Yami's shoulder. "It sounds rough man, but I can't really help you there. I can keep this a secret and help you cover it more, but other then that, there's not much else I can do in terms of wanting to see him again."

Yami sighed in relief. "That is more than enough Joey." He smiled. "Thank you. You've been a really big help. I didn't expect it to go this way but I am not complaining."

With a wink, Joey stood up, as did Yami. "Well we certainly got our work cut out for us, but hey, what else is new? Now go and get some sleep." As Yami left, Joey put a hand to his head. Man, we have officially got to label ourselves a soap opera.

-TBC-