Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Insane ❯ Hope ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hope
Title: Hope
Author: ashray1
Maintable: http://ashray1.livejournal.com/14328.html
Claim: Yugioh-general
Pairing: Bakura/Ryou, Marik/Malik/Yugi
Rating: Pg
Warnings: none (implied Yaoi and threesome?)
Disclaimer: I don’t own Yugioh, and I don’t make any money
Summary: Yami and the others abadon Yugi after the Yamis got their own bodies, but he don't gives himself up. He knows it will get upwards again, since he's not alone. Now he speaks for the firs ttime after summer brack with Ryou again, who was away and didn't kow how bad it really got with Yami, Anzu, Joey and Honda and their teasing.
Table/Prompt: Emotions, #5-Hope

_.- * -._

Ryou and Yugi meet again for the first time after the long summer break.
Ryou and Bakura used this vacation to let Ryous father know about the Yami, and how they meet, and that they are lovers now…
And now his father was thinking about a therapy for his son and his… whatever Bakura is or pretend to be…
He doubts that they were really all right in their head, telling him such a story, about Egypt and spirits and monsters…

"Hey Yugi, you all right?" Ryou asked cheerfully, as he saw Yugi all by himself in the busy hall of the school.
"Yes, sure, why not?"
"You are all alone here, where are the others?"
"Yeah, where is that short little pest you call your darker half?" Bakura, too, looked around for Yami and the others.
Maybe he could bother the pharaoh a little before the first class started; they didn’t see each other for two long moths. He had to make up for not being in town to annoy Yami.

After all, there is really no better way to start the day then pestering the former pharaoh until he wanted to strangle the thief, just to shut him up.

"I don’t know, I guess something held them back? I don’t really know where they are…" Yugi blinked around the hall, but he didn’t look like he was really interested.

"But Yugi, I thought you always walk with Yami, how can you not know where he is? He lives in the same house as you; you have the same way to school!"
"Well, you know… I don’t really talk that much to him anymore." Yugi rubbed the back of his head, not really wanting to talk about it.
That Yami ignored him completely, that Joey had begun to bully him again, and that Anzu was always insults him.

He had put up with that pain for long enough, and now he just tried to get over the betrayal. He didn’t want to explain to the gentle Hikari how bad it had gotten in his absence, how much those so-called friends had hurt him.
He didn’t need any pity; Yugi was determined not to let them hurt him anymore.

But Ryou looked worried at him, and even Bakura seemed a bit concerned, even if he wasn’t surprised that it had gotten worse over summer. He knows Yami for quite some time now, and he was had seen how they had threaten Yugi, even as he tried to hide it.

"I doubt he even noticed that I was gone for three weeks. Not that it matters, but well…"
Yugi confessed with a small voice, and both looked at him with equally big eyes.

"What? And where were you? You didn’t run away or something, right? What if something happened to you, we would have never known! Yugi…"
Sure, Ryou knew that things weren't easy since all the Yamis had all their own bodies, but this…
Yami was always the first one to talk about responsibilities, and that a Yami has to keep his Hikari safe and such things. And now he completely ignored his own light?

But then Yugi giggled a little at his friends fretting, and quickly tried to calm the other light down.
"No, stupid, of course not! I know that it wouldn’t chance a thing. Running away wouldn’t help me. No, I was with Malik and Marik in Egypt. Visiting their sister, sightseeing, having fun…"

"Get bitten by a snake, get lost on the airport, and a camel thought his hair is some weird plant and tried to eat it!" cut someone in from behind.
"Ah, there they are!" Yugi turned around at the voice and saw Malik and Marik grinning at them.

"You're telling them the dangerous adventures of little Yugi in faraway Egypt?"

"I just told then that my Grandpa allowed it; and I could really need the break from everything. It gave me some time to think about everything, you know."
He turned back to Ryou, who nodded understandingly.

"I sent grandpa nearly every day a mail, letting him know that I'm still alive, no one kidnapped me, and I wasn’t stolen either! There is no need to worry, I wasn’t alone, and I had no intention to do something stupid.
But you forgot to give me an address; I would have written you a card or a letter…"

Ryou saw Yugis smile fading a little, as he finally spotted Yami, Joey, Anzu and Honda in a corner nearby. They walked right by, chatting happily, but none of them said even a 'hello' to Yugi or Ryou, like they where invisibly or not worth their time.
And Bakura never got a greeting from them anyway, not that he wanted…

Just then, Joey tried to trip Yugi on propose while the others watched eagerly, ready to laugh at him as soon as he hit’s the floor.
But to their utter shock and surprise, Joey got a kick on his shin from the shorter one, instead of making him fall!
"Watch where you put those big feet of yours, doggy!" Yugi growled and he didn’t back away as they tried to glare at him.

With another silent growl he turned around and walked away. The times where everyone could bully him like they pleased are over, and its time that they learn that little Yugi don’t need them any longer.
He's quite capable to take care of himself…

A big-eyed Ryou and a chuckling Bakura followed him.
"Well, shrimp, looks like the time with the two Egyptians did something good for you."
"I couldn’t mop around any longer just because Yami and his friends ignored me all the time! It's not the end of the world; I just have to get over it. It hurts, but that’s already fading."

"Yugi…" said Ryou carefully. He could still see a bit of the pain in Yugis eyes as he thought back at the time where his friends were his friend and not enemies.
"They were your friends…"
"No! They just said that they are my friends.
But if you really think about it, and I did a lot of that in the last couple of weeks and mouths, they came right after I completed the puzzle.
They came with Yami.
And now they left with Yami.

You know, somehow I always feared that this would happen someday, and that they were just with me because of Yami.
Because Yami was always around me.
And all they did now was proofing me right! They show their real face, now that Yami has his own body and don’t need me anymore.

But it is no use to cry after them, they wouldn’t come back.
And when they can replace me and forget about me so easily, then I don’t even want such false friends back!
They do what they want, and I do the same!"

"That’s the spirit, Yugi!" Bakura patted him on the back with a grin.
"Well, I have to move on as well, it's useless to mourn them. And sometimes when old friends leave you, you will find new ones…"
Ryou laid an arm around Yugis shoulder and smiled. "Yeah, just like us!"

"Right, and now forget those loser, they aren't worth it!" Yugi smiled again as Malik dragged him happily away to their class.
Marik tousled through Ryous hair as he walked by, earning a deep growl from the thief behind them.
"Hey, hands away from my Hikari! You have your own to paw on!"

Marik turned his head to him with a dirty smirk while he hugged both Malik and Yugi. One arm around each of their shoulders he cuddled them tightly against his chest:

"In fact, my dear Bakura, I have two Hikaris!"
Said Hikaris blushed a bright red, but the bell saved them from saying anything, as they had to sit down on their tables

_.- * -._

( I'm not sure if this is the right prompt for it, but I think it will work. I got this idea after reading too much stories were Yugi get depressed after his friends leaving him. But I think sometimes feeling change over time.
I mean, who has still the same friends, since kindergarten?…)