Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile ❯ Chapter IV ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mobile
 
-
 
Chapter IV
 
-
 
Start back at this life
 
Stretch myself back into the vibe
 
I'm waking up and saying I've tried
 
Instead of waking up to another T.V. guide
 
-
 
I was glad to be working on the computer again. The situation with Delano Vadin was still bothering me, more than I wanted to admit. At least my computer work would keep my mind off of him for a while.
 
I just couldn't make sense of what had happened. Delano Vadin, a complete rookie at Duel Monsters, comes out of nowhere, defeats Yugi Mutou, and then defeats me. I could understand Yugi's loss, but I couldn't comprehend my own defeat. How was this possible? The only person to beat me in a true duel was Other Yugi.
 
But…
 
It couldn't be.
 
Other Yugi is dead.
 
He doesn't exist.
 
Yet the more I thought about it, the more I realized that Delano was strikingly similar to Other Yugi.
 
He defeated my Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. He defeated it with a five-card combo.
 
It was like Exodia all over again.
 
Even Delano's personality and mannerisms were hauntingly familiar—the incessant questions, the language he used, his confident smirk, and—
 
His eyes.
 
His eyes were violet.
 
Only Other Yugi could have eyes with such an unnatural hue.
 
I remembered it clearly. Whenever Other Yugi took control of his host's body, the host's naturally bright blue eyes darkened and became an electrifying violet. They were eyes I could get drawn into for millennia and never look away.
 
Delano's expression upon seeing my Blue-Eyes was almost surreal. “It's truly remarkable to see them with my own eyes.”
 
“I wondered when I'd be seeing that card again.”
 
Somehow, I don't believe he read about the Blue-Eyes White Dragon in Duelist's Monthly.
 
“Even weak cards can join together and create enough power to defeat a seemingly unstoppable monster. Your Blue-Eyes are formidable, and even more so when combined. But they are not invincible.”
 
Delano was not some rookie. It was quite clear that he had the knowledge, experience, and wisdom of an expert duelist. Everything he said was an indicator of an individual wise beyond his years, even in matters unrelated to dueling.
 
Delano Vadin was Other Yugi.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
 
Note on Yugi's eyes: I decided to make Yugi's eyes blue and Delano's eyes violet. I wanted to emphasize the unnatural quality of Delano's eyes and bring attention to Yugi's normalcy by having blues eyes. -smiles nervously-
 
So yeah…I think I've been dropping some pretty good hints up till this point about Delano being Other Yugi, so I'm sure most of you figured this out by now. (And Kaiba's supposed to be a genius… -.-() ) But if you didn't figure that out, well…surprise! That's okay, too. Heck, if Kaiba just figured it out now, you can't feel bad about not figuring it out until he did.
 
Anyway, short chapter, I know. But it just turned out that way.
 
Please Review; let me know what you think so far.