Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlit Roses ❯ We're in the Freaking Middle Ages?! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nice: Hello everyone to my 1st fic on Mediaminer! And say hi to Joey!
Joey:Hiya everyone! Welcome to Nice's 1st fic: Moonlit Roses. What's it about?
Nice: A certain girl you know very well and the gang get pulled back in time to the War of the Roses.
J:A certain girl? Who Mai?
N: No. You'll find out in the story. Just do the disclaimer.
J:Nice doesn't own anything. So who is it? Tea?
N: No, you'll find out. Now stop trying to find out!
J: Ok.
N: Good on with the fic! Oh and this is during Battle City on the Battle Ship during Yami and Bakura's duel, okay? I don't want to confuse people.
Ch.1: We're in the Freakin Middle Ages!
So Pharaoh, are you ready to lose?” asked Bakura.
Yami knew that wasn't kind, gentle, Ryou in front of him.
I want to know who's really in control of Ryou!” demanded Yami.
The Millennium Ring reviled itself and Yami Bakura took control.
I'm dueling for something much more powerful!”
What do you mean?” asked Yami.
Never mind that. Let's duel!”
Later
I activate Dark Sanctuary!” yelled Yami Bakura. “It- “
But Yami Bakura never got finish is declaration, because at that moment a cyclone of red rose petals swirled around the Battle Ship.
What have you done, Bakura?” asked Yami accusingly.
Ihaven't done anything! This isn't my doing!” yelled Bakura.
What's going on Big Brother?” asked Mokuba.
I don't know, Mokuba,” replied Seto in awe at the roses.
Joey, I'm scared!” said Serenity in fright. Suddenly she felt a jolt of pain shoot through her.
Ahhh! It hurts!” screamed Serenity as she fell to the floor, writhing in pain.
Serenity! Serenity, what's wrong?” asked Joey franticly as he tried to figure out what's going on.
Look! The roses have made some kind of portal!” exclaimed Tea. She pointed upward to the sky. The roses had covered the sky around the ship and in the center was a black portal.
What the?” said all of them as they looked to the sky.
Serenity looked up at the portal and in horror found herself floating to it! She cried out, “Joey help me!”
Don't worry! I got you!” said Joey, Tristan, and Duke as all three grabbed her. But their efforts were in vain as they too were being pulled up into the portal.
Ahhhhhh!” screamed the three boys.
Don't worry I've got you, hun!” said Mai as she grabbed on to Duke's leg and pulled, but was pulled up too. Tea rushed to grab her and latched on to Mai's boot and was pulled up too.
Hold on guys!” yelled Yami. He and Bakura ran to save the others, but like the others, were pulled upward. Kaiba and Roland grabbed Bakura and Yami. Mokuba grabbed Kaiba's leg just in case Kaiba was sucked up too. And the were all sucked up into the portal, leaving Namu/Marik behind. The portal closed up trapping the gang in the portal.
Marik said, “What the freak just happened? Where did they go?”
In the portal, everyone was being pulled somewhere in time. They all had their eyes closed. Soon, they felt themselves falling. Yami opened his eyes and saw that they were freefalling through the sky!
Guys,” he said, “If you're afraid of heights or of falling through the sky, don't open your eyes.”
What?” asked Kaiba as he opened his eyes saw the ground comes closer. He grabbed Mokuba and hugged him tight.
Why are you hugging me so tightly?” asked Mokuba, unaware of the danger that they were in.
I just want to tell you I love you and something is about to hurt in a few seconds,” he replied sadly.
The group of teens and Roland screamed and hit the ground with a thud.
They woke up each other in a pile on the ground. Mokuba woke up first since he had a lot to cushion his fall, everyone else's bodies.
Hey is everyone alright?” he asked.
Yeah we are, now GET OFF!” replied everyone.
A little time later after they had untangled themselves, they started to look around.
Um, guys?” asked Tea, “How can we still be alive when we just fell thousands of feet to the ground? We should've been liquefied!”
She's right. We should've died,” said Kaiba.
Maybe we should go look for someone to help us?” suggested Mai.
Hey! I recognize where we are! We're at Stonehenge in England!” said Bakura.
Look! Someone is here, guys!” exclaimed Mokuba. He pointed to the figure that had been watching them the entire time.
Oooohh! Summoned from the mystic circle of red and white roses, the one capable of pure power! There is truth to the legend of the Rose Duelist!” exclaimed an old man in off-white clothes. “ My, my! The Rose Duelist is a girl! It doesn't matter if you are a girl! You are the Rose Duelist! L-Lady Mai.. I did it! Now we have the means for defeating the evil forces of Rosenkreuz! But, who are all these other people around her?”
Did he just say my name?” asked Mai.
Wait a minute. You were the one who brought us here!.?” said Yami.
And who is this Rose Duelist, old man?” asked Kaiba.
The old man's eyes narrowed when he saw Kaiba. `He looks just like him. Sounds like him too!' he thought.
Oh, my apologies! In all of my excitement, I had forgotten that I was in the presence of the Rose Duelist! Allow me to introduce my self. I am Simon McMooran, High Druid and servant of Lancaster. May I be as bold as to ask the name by the Rose Duelist would like to be known?” asked Simon as he looked to Serenity.
She's the legendary duelist?.!” exclaimed everyone.
My.. my name is Serenity. But I think you must be mistaken. I don't duel.” Said Serenity.
“…Serenity? What a fine name indeed! Now here's the situation. The year in 1485, and you are currently in Stonehenge, near Salisbury, England. The British Empire is in turmoil with the House of Lancaster's rightful claim to the throne being challenged by Yorkish usurpers,” explained Simon.
Are you telling us that we are in the freakin Middle Ages!” exclaimed Duke.
And Serenity here is supposed to stop a war!” said Tristan.
Maybe you have the wrong person, sir,” said Tea.
No, she is the Rose Duelist!” said Simon.
Behind one the giant pillars of Stonehenge, a tall figure watched the group of people intently. `Hmm.. so the Rose Duelist is not a man but a woman! Women are very easy to manipulate. I can get her to join my side easily. But, I need to get rid of those pesky people first!' thought the figure.
To be cont.
N: So do you like it? Tell me in your reviews!
J: My sister is the legendary duelist?
N: Yes she is. Will Serenity help Simon or will she help someone else. And who is the mysterious figure? R&R! No flames!