Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlit Roses ❯ Serenity's Decision ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nice: Hi everyone! Thanks for the reading! Joey…do the disclaimer.
Joey: Nice doesn't own anything. I can't believe you got my sis in this story!
N: Yeah well deal with it! If you played the game, you'll notice that I changed a few things. Okay?
J: I bet they won't like it. No one will read it and you'll start crying.
N: Okay, just for that something going to happen to you in this chapter.
On with the story!
Ch.2: Serenity's Decision
The power struggle is referred to as the Wars of the Roses, a name based on the badges used by both sides- a red rose for the Lancastrians, and a white rose for the Yorkists. Right now, our kingdom is threatened by the Yorkists and their wrongful claim to the throne!” said Simon.
My, what history lesson. This is getting boring,” said Kaiba. Suddenly he felt a chill. `We're being watched…' he thought.
All because the Yorkists enjoy the support of the Rose Crusaders and their sorcerous White Rose Cards. Using our Red Rose Cards, we summoned you, Lady Serenity, to this time and dimension. We hoped that your dueling experience would defeat the Rose Crusaders and lead us to victory!”
That's just it! I don't duel! I only know a little about dueling!” she exclaimed.
You will help us...? Of course, you will! Foolish of me to even doubt where your loyalties lie… Rumor has it that only the legendary Rose Duelist stands a chance against the power of Rosenkreuz! We appreciate any help you can provide against them,” said Simon desperately.
I don't know who this Rosenkreuz guy is, but you got my help,” said Yami.
I'll help too! My name is Joey Wheeler!” exclaimed Joey.
We'll help also!” said everyone except Kaiba and Serenity.
Everyone looked at Kaiba for his answer.
Oh alright. I'll help, but only because I already know who's going to win,” he sighed.
Miss Serenity?” asked Simon.
I… um…I…” but she was cut off by a voice.
Hmmm… So that's the effect of the Celtic Red Rose Cards… It looks like there's some truth to the rumor that the Red Rose Cards are capable of time transformation…”said the voice.
Everyone turned to face who it was. And they were shocked at who it belonged to.
Hey! Kaiba, he looks like you!” exclaimed Joey.
The teen who looked like Kaiba, stepped from behind the stone pillar. He had on armor that looked like a Blue Eyes White Dragon. He had on a green cape that flowed behind him even though there was no wind.
It's been some time since the Battle of Barnet, old man...” said the Kaiba look alike.
Rosenkreuz! What brings you here?” said Simon angrily.
That's the evil Rosenkreuz! He looks like Kaiba!” exclaimed everyone.
Yes that's him,” said Simon through gritted teeth.
Only a member of the Rose Crusaders may call me by that name,” he sneered, “If you recall, I told you once before that you may only address me as `Seto.' Or does memory fail you, old man?”
And you,” said Seto as he turned to Serenity. Everyone tensed up, ready to attack if he hurt her, “You must be the Rose Duelist.” He knelt and kissed her hand lightly, “I must admit there's a certain aura of power emanating from you.” He looked at her with his deep ocean blue eyes, Serenity found herself lost in them as a blush crept across her face.
Simon saw this and was infuriated. Joey looked like he was going to kill him.
`How dare he touch my sister!' he thought. He started to go to Seto when Kaiba held him back.
Idiot,” hr hissed, “Attack him and he can cut you down with his sword!”
Joey calmed down but still kept his guard up.
I believe an introduction is in order. I am Seto, leader of the Rose Crusaders. There are members of our little group that prefer to call me by my full name, Christian S. Rosenkreuz,” said Seto.
I ask you again… What brings you here, Seto?” said Simon, his voice showed clear resentment.
Mind your manners, old man! What else would bring me here… I've come for the Red Rose Cards!” he boomed, “ After all, it is you who showed me how the summoning capabilities would evolve when the Red Rose Cards are combined with the transport powers of the White Rose Cards.”
Simon gasped and said, “You aren't thinking of attempting the forbidden `Rose Summoning'… If so, then the Red Rose Cards must never fall into your evil hands! Card Sorcery taps into the powers of the Ancient Ones... By their very nature, each card is a double-edged sword that can cut both ways… The Rose Cards alone harness tremendous power. There's no telling what horrors one might unleash to the world by combining both Red and White. I will sacrifice my own life if need be to prevent any from uttering the `Spell of Doom'!”
Spell of Doom!” exclaimed everyone.
That sounds serious!” said Joey.
The Spell of Doom…? Fool!” scoffed Seto, “The sixteen Red and White Rose Cards grant `power over all!' Druid legend has twisted the true meaning of these cards! We Rose Crusaders have sworn to create a utopia free from the ravages of war. We intend to accomplish this with the power of the cards! And we shall do so by extending the rule of Richard III throughout the known world!”
Simon was silent at this proclamation. But stared with fiery eyes at Seto.
By the way, it was clever of you to form a circle of red roses within the white rose barrier to summon the Duelist and her friends… But you were foolish to come alone,” he said, and then added darkly, “This area is surrounded, and if you wish to leave with your life, you will do so only by handing over the Red Rose Cards!”
Everyone looked around them. Sure enough, there were knights and soldiers with bows and arrows and swords ready to attack. Everyone huddled together in fear.
`That fool better give that Kaiba look alike those stupid cards! I don't wanna die today!' thought Bakura.
Simon started to laugh, surprising everyone.” Me? A fool…? Then what about you? Are you fool enough to actually believe the Red Rose Cards would remain here in my possession? Right after the summoning, I had the cards dispersed among our best duelists to keep them from your tainted hands!”
Then you leave me with but one option… I shall enlist the aid of your precious Rose Duelist!” Seto declared.
Simon scoffed. “You take leave of your senses…”
Yeah that's right! Serenity would never join you!” Joey exclaimed.
And you speak too soon, old man!" said Seto, “Heed my words, Duelist! If you and your friends wish to return to your proper time period, you will require sixteen cards of the Red and White Roses... The Red and White positions must be laid out in reverse of the summoning order to send you home…”
Simon looked at Seto with wide eyes. “You know the spell..?”
Seto ignored him and kept going. “Since you need the sixteen Rose Cards as much as we do…I propose a partnership. Help us gather the cards, and I shall guarantee your return after we've achieved our ultimate goal!”
An absurd proposal!” yelled Simon in anger, “Do you think the honorable Lady Serenity would even lend an ear to your ridiculous proposal?”
Can you be so sure, old man?” Seto asked, “Let me see... Simon's side has eight of the Red Rose Cards, while my side - the Rose Crusaders - has possession of the eight White Rose Cards. As the numbers are even, simple arithmetic indicates that you should side with either of us. But I'm sure you'll take into account who's winning this war. After all, who was desperate enough to summon you in the first place? I think it's quite clear which side is better-positioned to send you home…”
Serenity thought about this. `He's right. Mr. Simon was desperate to summon me here. But who can send me and my friends home other than him?' she thought doubtfully.
Simon saw the look of doubt on Serenity face and quickly said, “L-Lady Serenity! Heed not the words of this... this power-hungry lunatic!”
Simon! Must you resort to name-calling? I'm hurt,” said Seto as he faked a pout. This action made Serenity giggle.
It seems that this Rosenkreuz guy is flirting with Serenity to win her over,” said Mai, “and it's working.”
So that's what he's been doing,” said Yami thoughtfully.
What? Serenity's too smart to fall for that!” said Joey.
Oh Serenity! Don't fall for him!” said Tea.
I'll tell you what. Why don't we leave the decision to our dear Duelist? After all, Simon, the Duelist's future is not for us to decide, now is it?” asked Seto.
Well, yes…But...” started Simon.
Splendid!” said interrupted Seto, “In keeping with the old tradition of the Old Temple gardens, I offer you a choice, Duelist. Here are two roses,” he pulled out two roses: one red, one white. “The white represents me and the red represents old Simon here…”
For the sake of justice…Choose the red rose!” begged Simon.
Stand by my side duelist…Choose the white rose,” said Seto calmly.
Serenity looked at both roses, then at both men. `Oh, I don't know what to do!' she thought desperately. She looked into Simon's eyes, they were pleading with her. Then she looked at Seto's eyes and was lost in the deep blue orbs again. She snapped out of her daze. She gingerly took both roses. She took in their rich smell.
A rose by any other name would smell so sweet,” she said softly as she stared at both roses. She looked up at both men and smiled sweetly at them. And then, with that sweet smile still on her face, she firmly crushed the red rose in her left hand. The petals gently flew away in the breeze. She put the white rose in her hair and stood by Seto.
Seto smiled at her decision. “A wise choice, Duelist! I see you are well versed in judging a situation. Welcome to the Rose Crusaders!” said Seto. He knelt and kissed Serenity's hand again, “I am… honored.”
Simon and the others, on the other hand were shocked at Serenity's decision.
No. How could you? No!” yelled Joey, his face contorted in anger. He rushed at Seto. Suddenly, he was tackled by a small figure. The figure had a dagger at Joey's throat. It looked like Mokuba!
Don't You Dare Touch Seto! You Filthy Dog!” said the Mokuba look alike sinisterly. He pressed the dagger harder into Joey's throat. A small trickle of blood ran down the dagger. (this is one of my changes. I added Mokie to the story! Oh I love him so much! He's so cute!)
Joey tried to get him off of him but the kid had him pinned tightly. He was, somehow, stronger than Joey!
Finally, Seto said, “Okay, Michel, get off of him.”
Michel reluctantly got off of Joey still posed to attack him.
Joey quickly backed away from the trio, shocked.
Now, Michel, get my horse,” he ordered.
The kid disappeared behind a stone pillar, and then reappeared with a beautiful white horse. Serenity was awed by its beauty.
Do you know how to ride?” asked Seto. Before she could answer, he picked her up bridal style and put her on the horse. She settled on the horse. “Comfortable?” he asked. She nodded as he mounted the horse. He turned to face the gang.
It's time you all made yourselves scarce,” he said sinisterly.
I wonder what he means?” asked a shaking Mokuba.
Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you. I just need you out of the way until everything is settled,” said Seto darkly.
Michel smirked as he snapped his fingers and a bunch of soldiers jumped out and grabbed the gang. They struggled against their captors.
Wha…What's going on? Stop! Noooooo!” cried Simon.
Let-me-go!” cried Kaiba. Mokuba cried out as he tried to fight his way out of his captor's hold.
Seto spotted them and said, “You two, why don't you join me as well?”
I rather have the geek squad here as friends then to join you!” spat Kaiba.
Yeah! What he said!” said Mokuba.
Fools!” said Michel.
Fine then. Be that way. Escort them to Simon's ship but along the way, do as you like with them. Beat them, torture them, I don't care just don't harm Simon. We need someone to tell Henry that the Rose Duelist joined my side!” he said evilly.
Wait!” cried Serenity, “If my brother, his friends, or Mr. Simon are harmed in any way, I'll join the other side without hesitation!”
Fine. Michel, I leave it to you to make sure nothing happens to her friends on the way to the ship. I'm leaving for the castle. I'll meet you there. Hold on. I'm going to go fast,” he said to Serenity. He snapped the reins as Serenity latched herself around his waist. They rode off into the night.
Serenity heard as the cries of her friends grew softer. The gang watched as Serenity grew smaller and smaller until she was just a tiny speck on the horizon. Joey looked on as a single tear ran down his face as he moaned, “Serenity, why? Please be safe…”
To be cont.
N: Wow Serenity joined the Dark side. What danger awaits her? How will she fare in her first battle? What is the Gang going to do? Find out in the next chapter: Ch. 3: Henry Tudor
J:I can't believe she chose Kaiba!
N: R&R guys!