Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Promise ❯ Childhood Saga: Mother and Father ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

7 Childhood Saga: Mother and Father.
 
#$#$#$#$#$
 
oOo
Piece of song
oOo
 
#$#$#$#$#$
 
Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh isn't mine. I do not own Ryou, Bakura and other.
 
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
 
“… You mother …. Died?” Yugi stuttered at me. His whole face went blank within a second. If only you saw this, `Kura. I think you'd laugh your head off by the look of a white Yugi. Though I still don't know what's so funny of such a sight. But then again, you weren't the most normal kid I've met. And it wasn't like I am normal. Well, those were your words. Damn. I'm sobbing again.
 
“Hai. Gomen if I scared you ... But please understand I won't tell how she died. And also the way I reacted. I'll go on with the story from the point one week past after my mother died. I think I can take that, cuz I didn't know if I wouldn't cry more tears at the memory of ... it.” I softly stated. I'm too soft for my own good, my sweet Bakura sometimes said. He always liked that. Hey, lookie-lookie. Another sob.
 
Yugi nodded and looked to me again. But before I could go on, I heard some noise behind me. I turned around to see Yugi's Yami standing a few feet away from me, looking quit shocking at the moment ... wait a sec ... WHAT on earth was Yami doing here? It was not like you two were friends. More like `you two can hardly breath in the same air', but that's not my point. Help, how LONG he was already standing behind me and how much had he heard of my whole life-story?!
 
“... Gomen nasai, Ryou ... I just wanted to know where Yugi stayed, but if you two don't want to get disturbed, I'll just leave.” His cheeks coloured a few shades red, as he stated this. Heh, heh. The almighty Paroah goes on the `I-am-to-shy-to-react-normally'-tour. Heh, heh. You would have loved it, my sweet Bakura. Sob, sob. Does my sob says enough to you?
 
But now, before I forget, a reaction. I mean, he stated something. About only coming for Yugi ... Well, now I know. He wasn't interested in you. Only in his hikari. That explains why he was here. Now only explain he's not welcome. I think you wanted it this way. And if you didn't, then this isn't your day. No wait, that's rude to say. Hmmm, I'm getting more pointless with the minute. Ow wait, I still need to answer. Heh, heh.
 
“Not a problem ... but perhaps you and Yugi can go now ... I rather be alone with `Kura for a while.”
 
I completely noticed a frown, when I spoke out the name `Kura' instead of `Bakura'. I guess he's not used of hearing a nickname of you. Well, too bad for him. I'm not knocking my nicknames off. You likes nicknames too. I just took your habit.
 
“Well then, lets go Yugi.” Yami stated, and motioned Yugi to come with him. Instead of obeying Yami, Yugi turned to me, and asked me softly: “Can I please listen some longer? I'd like to hear the rest ... or at least `til the point of leaving school, as you told me a few minutes ago ... only if you want it.” He added the last thing if I would bit him if he stayed longer here than needed.
 
Hmmm, I guess it would sound REALLY egoistic if I told them to leave. And Bakura was always telling I needed to get some other friends.
 
“Okay then. But only until the part I left my school.” I gave in, while Yugi smiled happily at me, but Yami gave me a stare ... whatever! I don't care.
 
Yami sat down next to Yugi, giving his hikari a soft smile, which caused me to let a tiny-whiny-miny-sob escaped my throat. I guess I'm still not used of the fact you'll probably never be able to touch me again. Oow shit! There I go again! I. must. not. think. of. Bakura. THIS AINT HELPING ME!!! Go away, you sad feeling! Find someone else to bug. Not sad and lonely me. Sob, sob.
 
“What happened to your mother anyway?” Yami suddenly asked, rudely interrupting my thoughts. Not that they were THAT important, but anyway. Pointless had to be my middle name. But that's no reason to interrupt them!
 
“YAMI! That's unmannered to ask ... Ryou, you don't have to answer that question ... just tell us and Bakura what happened further ... we won't ask, and won't be angry you won't tell us.” Yugi said warmly at me. My opinion of this all? Yugi is nice. Yami not. I guess I sound like Bakura at some moments.
 
“Arigatou Yugi. I'll begin from a week after my mother died, because then it started to sink in for real. Emmm, I mean the thing that my mother was gone forever. Anyway, I was sitting in my room, for the umpteenth time that week, and Tou-san was downstairs ... by the way, because of the accident, he didn't go back to Egypt. But as I was telling, I sat in my room on my bed, while Bakura ...-
 
 
~oOo~ Enter flashback ~oOo~
 
 
 
oOo
There was a time I was happy in my life
There was time I believed I'd live forever
oOo
 
 
# I wanna duel!!! I'm bored!!! # I heard Bakura mentally say to me ... and I, I couldn't care a thing. I turned around, so I didn't have to look at him, while he was nagging.
 
“Have fun, Bakura.” I mumbled, and looked to the picture I was holding all the time. Me, who was held by my mommy, both sitting in our garden last summer ... Damn! I don't wanna cry again! ... mommy, I miss you!!!!! ... damn, there went a sob ... and another sob ... WHY CAN'T I STOP SOBBING?!?!
 
 
oOo
There was a time that I prayed to Jesus Christ
There was a time I had a mother it was nice
oOo
 
 
# I meant you have to duel WITH me!!!!!! Play alone is no fun! # Bakura whined, and waved my cards in front of my face ... and I, I couldn't care.
 
# Ryou, it's no good to do nothing whole day. Get over the thing your mother is dead. Let the past be the past and think of the future. Your mother is now in heaven, but in your heart she'll also live further, not to mention you still have a father who cares about you, and a great friend who understands your feelings ... NOW PLAY! #
 
I looked up, after he stated those 2 last words -with tears in my eyes- at Bakura and slapped him in the face ... I think he didn't see that one coming, because he blinked 2 times with his eyes, snorted another time, and walked away without saying anything more.
 
...
 
Since mommy was with my sister, things here are complicated. My daddy becomes angry at the slightest thing, I cry at the slightest thing, and Bakura ... well, he has been bored since the day after mommy went to heaven.
 
 
oOo
Nobody else would ever take the place of you
Nobody else could do the things that you could do
oOo
 
 
Most of the times Bakura watches TV, but sometimes he comes to my room and whines he wants to play with me ... not that I give in and go playing with him. Friend or not, I'm not feeling well enough to play.
 
# Ryou ... Gomen for that .... Can you please play with me now? # I heard a tiny voice say inside my head ...
 
“Iie Bakura ... I don't wanna.” I mumbled back, already figured out he could hear everything I said, even if it was whispered on the other side of the house. And I think probably WAS on the other side of the house, mocking cuz I slapped him.
 
Suddenly Bakura came in my room -Perhaps I was wrong about the fact he would be somewhere else, mocking-, walked over to my bed where I was sitting on at the moment, and snorted before telling me: “I know how you feel. And the only thing to come over it is thinking of something else, and go on with living ... per example, play a duel with me!”
 
“Iie.”
 
“Go outside, I want to go to your tree-house again, cuz I want-
 
“Have fun.”
 
# I meant WITH you #
 
“Iie.”
 
“We can go watch a movie! I saw a funny movie about a men who-
 
“Iie.”
 
“ ... I'll tell you a story.”
 
“Ii- .... about what?” Somehow I got interested by the fact Bakura wanted me to feel better ... a well, he can try. And mommy also told me stories when I felt sad.
 
“About my mother.”
 
“Is the possibly another possible way to make me feel worse? I don't think so ... Bakura, although it's sweet meant, I don't wanna hear anything about other mommy's.” I sobbed once more, before looking at the picture I was holding again ... mommy looked really pretty on the picture ... she wore her favourite blue-coloured dress ...
 
“My mother died also when I was little ... only then on a WAY more horrible way.” Bakura said, completely ignoring my comments about it.
 
 
oOo
No one else I guess could hurt me like you did
I didn't understand I was just a kid
oOo
 
 
“Bakura, go away ...” I stated, not looking at him. Pictures can sometimes be more interesting than a person next to you, did you know that?
 
“I won't listen to you! As I was telling, my mother died on a horrible way ... cuz she was murdered by some servant of the Pharaoh.” He finished .... Hai, he caught my surprise.
 
After he said that, I immediately looked up from my picture to him, only to see him smiling in a sad way ... I guess he also misses his mommy ... damn, there goes the umpteenth sob this day! I. must. not. think. of. my. mommy. ... this isn't helping a single bit!
 
 
oOo
Oh mother why aren't you here with me
No one else saw the things that you could see
oOo
 
 
 
“ ... Nani?” I asked confused, completely too lost for speaking.
 
“Like I said, some servant of the Pharaoh-
 
“I HEARD THAT! ... but ... why?” I stuttered even more, not to mention my confused-ness ... and the sadness I felt toward Bakura's past.
 
 
oOo
I'm trying hard to dry my tears
Yes father you know I'm not so free
oOo
 
 
“Dunno exactly ... In my time the village I lived in wasn't the safest place in Egypt ... his servants murdered the whole village, except for me off course.” He shrugged his shoulders, and looked outside through my window, avoiding my intense gaze.
 
“ ... I didn't know ...”
 
# Doesn't matter ... but the thing I learned from it was I needed to live further with the life I had left, and I needed to let the past be the past ... although it cost me a lot of painful times, I got over it, and now I'm completely happy of the fact it's the past, and I can live with it # Then he stood up -he was sitting all the time- and walked away ... IF it wasn't for my hand grabbing his, so he couldn't go away. He turned around and looked me into the eyes, before I let mine slip away to the ground.
 
 
oOo
I got to give it up
Find someone to love me
oOo
 
 
“Bakura ... Gomen I reacted this way ... I'm just ... well, you know ... just ...” I was looking for the right word, but everything in my mind was blank, only my mommy was clear ...
 
# I know ... You're sorrowful # He stated, and instead of turning around and walk away anyway, he hugged me and helped me sitting down on my bed again.
 
I guess we sat there for quit some time. Bakura hugging me, and me crying softly ... I don't care what daddy thought about the fact of having an `imagination friend', I liked him anyway.
 
# I'm real! # He snorted, but didn't let me go ... don't tell him I liked the fact he was caring for me.
 
# Arigatou, small friend # He snorted, only this time with some happiness through his snort. After the snort he let me go.
 
# Can we please duel now? It'll do you good to think of something else for a change #
 
I dried my tears with the handkerchief I was holding for some time now, and nodded. Then I stood also up, and followed him downstairs, where my deck lay. I didn't oversee Bakura's huge grin ... I guess he isn't bored anymore.
 
 
oOo
I got to let it go
Find someone that I can care for
oOo
 
 
o0~0o
 
 
“I attack with my `Headless Knight', and he destroys your weak monster! Now your life-points are decreased by 300!” I squeaked a bit happily ... off course Bakura let me win, but it was fun anyway! ... This didn't mean I was happy again, I was still sad, but not as sad as I was a while ago.
 
 
oOo
My mother died when I was five [well, just for a detail ... Ryou is already six!]
And all I did was sit and cry
oOo
 
 
# See you'd feel better by playing with me! # He snorted, and threw his monster in the pile for his cemetery, but then remained silent, cuz my daddy entered the living-room.
 
“Hello son. Feeling better already?” He asked me, while sitting down on the bench, probably to observe me playing a duel.
 
“A little bit ... I'm playing a duel right now.” I answered softly ... the fact I was playing a duel didn't take the pain away! I think I felt another tear slip my eye ... I sure hope daddy wouldn't see it.
 
# Or HEAR it!!! Yesterday you cried so hard, the neighbours came here with that if you didn't shut up, they would move away! # A mentally snickered followed the line.
 
 
oOo
I cried and cried and cried all day
Until the neighbours went away
oOo
 
 
“I guess with that `Bakura-guy'. Am I right or not?” He asked me again, looking at the other side, where Bakura currently was making stupid faces at my daddy ... since the day daddy stated he didn't think Bakura was real, Bakura disliked my daddy very much. And Bakura being himself, took every situation to silently make fun of my daddy.
 
# Hai, you are with me baka! # And he snorted, to confirm his statement.
 
“Iie, Tou-san ... he isn't real ... I'm just playing by myself.”
 
...
 
I think this is the one of the first times in my life that I lied to my daddy. I usually lie, but daddy is a whole other case ... but what would I do else? It was not like daddy would believe me. So, instead of saying `Hai' and get an angry daddy, I simply said `Iie'.
 
 
oOo
They couldn't take my loneliness
I couldn't take their phoniness
oOo
 
 
# You're smarter than it looks, kid # Bakura snorted once more, but daddy didn't notice the snorting kid next to me.
 
Luckily daddy's face lit up a bit, and said warmly: “I know this time is difficult for you, but this is the right thing ... shall I play with you for a while?”
 
... NO!!!!!!! I wanna play with Bakura ... he lets me win, and he's really nice toward me at the moment!
 
# You said it baka! ... as for an answer, just say `hai'. Then your dad is happy again # He added with a snort ... I think he's right. It would look suspicious if I wanted to continue alone, instead with my daddy ... and then he has his fun also for today.
 
“Hai, tou-san ... but I wanna win.” I mumbled while giving in, grabbed all my cards, shuffled them, and put them on one big pile.
 
“Sure son.” He sat down on the other side of my play-field, and grabbed 5 cards of the top.
 
“Arigatou, tou-san ... daddy? Do you think mommy is really with my sister?” I suddenly asked him, and completely surprising me.
 
“I think she is ... son?” He answered my question with another question.
 
“What's wrong daddy?” I asked him, while grabbing also 5 cards ... this battle would be a short one.
 
“Well ... You know I cannot stay home with you forever, don't you?”
 
 
oOo
My father had to go to work
I used to think he was a jerk
oOo
 
 
-Bakura, what's he meaning by this ... is he also leaving me?!?- ... WOW! THAT'S a scary thought!!!!!
 
# Nah!!!! He probably means he has to go to Egypt again ... or just working here! Parents always work! They never wanna quit, even not for playing with their little child #
 
“Daddy ... are you going to Egypt again?” I tried to ask as innocent and sweetly as I could ... if he WAS planning that, I'd hide in his trunk and fly with him to Egypt too!
 
 
oOo
I didn't know his heart was broken
And not another word was spoken
oOo
 
 
# Then I wanna hide too! # Bakura snorted once more, as he saw my daddy putting a `Kuribo' into the play ... I, on the other hand, had `Curse of dragon', which I could use to win within one turn ...
 
“Iie son! ... I just need to go work again ... but I won't go to Egypt ... I'll find some work here.” He put a `Dragon captor jar' into the play.
 
I, on the other hand, used `Flute Piper' and got my `Curse of Dragon' back.
 
“Why did you do to Egypt anyway? If you can find work here, then why did you go away for 2 years?” I asked, and attacked my dad. His life-points were 0.
 
“I like Egypt better than Japan ... but else you'd be alone, without your mother.” Daddy stood up, and walked toward the kitchen.
 
Half the way he stopped, turned around, and said: “I called some really sweet young girl. She'll come over here tonight, to meet you, so you get to know her ... because if I DO find work, then she can baby-sit you.” He smiled at me once more, turned around, and walked further.
 
 
oOo
He became a shadow of
The father I was dreaming of
oOo
 
 
...
 
BUT I DON'T NEED A BABYSITTER!!!!! I NEED MY MOMMY!!!!!!!
 
Then I started to cry again, while Bakura snorted, and tried to comfort me for the umpteen time since last week.
 
 
oOo
I gotta give it up
I've got to give it up
oOo