Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Promise ❯ Childhood Saga: Babysitter-events ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

8 Childhood Saga: Babysitter-events.
 
#$#$#$#$#$
 
Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh isn't mine. I do not own Ryou, Bakura and others.
 
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
 
“Hello, Ryou!” The girl squeaked and stroked my hair ... I already dislike her.
 
It was night, and the girl just arrived ... and according to my daddy I was getting grounded if I wasn't well-mannered ... it wasn't that I actually LIKED to go outside, but to do him a favor, I decided to give my well-mannered side an opportunity to show itself. Luckily I got a bit more over the fact mommy was gone -I don't know what happened, but I suddenly got over my cry-mood- so Bakura didn't need to comfort me every minute of the day.
 
“Hello, babysitter.” I responded well-mannered, and stuck out my hand, to shake hers ...
 
she giggled some more, before saying: “No need to be that formal! Just call me Mai! Mai Valentine, to be precisely.” And with that she stroke my hair one more time.
 
I still don't know what happened that daddy decided to asked her to baby-sit me! First, she was only TWELVE! -daddy said she wouldn't ask too much money cuz she was still a young girl, but was already really mature for her age- Second, I HATE giggling girls!
 
Third, she didn't look normal! Although I liked her hair, it was tied up in 2 pigtails -OKAY! They WERE funny in a kind of way!-. Luckily she didn't wore make-up ... I don't like make-up ... mommy also didn't like make-up ... guess it runs in the family.
 
Also, the clothes she wore, were exactly UNfitting the term `sweet', as daddy called her this afternoon. She wore flared black jeans, with black high-heeled shoes. Her T-shirt was coloured pink, with a baby-devil drawn on it, and her waistcoat was coloured black, with red roses drawn on it.
 
Next to me I heard Bakura snort. I guess he also didn't like giggling girls.
 
“Don't be shy, Ryou! Come-on, lets move this sweet little ass of yours, let me see your room! If I'm gonna be your babysitter, I need to know where your room is.” She giggled some more, and stroke my hair ... REALLY annoying habit of her! And WHY did she mentioned my ass was sweet?! She wouldn't know, since I was wearing jeans!!! And IF she knows, then I'm now officially scared and probably stalked, cuz I never heard a comment like that!
 
“Okay, Mai.” I mumbled, completely ignoring her ass-comment, grabbed the hand which was stroking my hair currently, and pushed her towards the stairs.
 
-BAKURA! Come with me! I don't wanna be alone with that ... thing ...- I growled at Bakura, who was laughing his head off by the fact Mai kept on stroking my hair, now with the other hand.
 
“Mai, please stop stroking my hair.” I mumbled, and behind me I heard Bakura laugh possibly even harder -mentally of course- ... this is NOT, and I repeat, NOT funny!!!!
 
“Gomen, little one! But your hair is so funny! It looks a bit like the fur of my bunny at home.” Mai giggled some more, but stopped stroking it. On the other side of the room I heard Bakura fell over, I guess he thought this was funny ... WHICH WASN'T!!!!!!!
 
# Ryou-chan, Bunny-chan, I'm coming!!! # Bakura snickered silently, but stood up and followed me.
 
“This is my room.” I softly stated, while opening the door of my room. I walked inside, and sat down on my bed.
 
Mai walked also in, looked around a bit, smiled at me, but suddenly opened the bag she was carrying all along. She searched a bit in it, before finding the thing she was looking for ...
 
“I have something for you! It's my picture! So if you don't know anymore how I look like, you can look at this picture, and remember who I am.” She smiled, and taped the picture of herself right above my bed. I looked around to see a happy girl smiling widely at me -I mean on the picture, Mai herself was smiling all along- .
 
On the picture she was standing, giving a V-sign with her fingers toward the camera. She was wearing a dress, with bunnies drawn on it ... she was at least 2 years younger, by the way.
 
“There. And now I want to watch TV ... perhaps you know `underway to golden times'?” She motioned me to come downstairs. When I walked outta my room, I saw Bakura staring at Mai, this time not a single smile on his face. He was more surprised than being his normal self.
 
# You DID it! That's probably the most perfect girl in the world! SHE WATCHES SOAPS!!!!! Not to mention she's just a bit older, and she looks quit okay! ... If you don't wanna have her, I wanna keep her! # Bakura gave me a big fat scary blink, grinned like madly, and ran also downstairs ... this was gonna be a LOOOOOOOONG night!
 
I sighed, looked one more time at the funny picture, and also walked downstairs. Downstairs I heard Mai laughing, and Bakura snorting ... Cecilia was dating her ex-husband while wearing the skimpiest thing I've ever seen: that had to be the reason.
 
 
~oOo~ End flashback ~oOo~
 
 
“YOU ALSO KNEW MAI?!? ... O MY GOD!!! Why didn't you tell us before?!?” I guess Yugi was now totally exited. Perfect. Just bloody perfect. This was absolutely sarcastically meant, by the way. But I think you already noticed that. You didn't? Well, bad luck, I guess. Pay attention some more, and you'll be fine.
 
“ Hai.” I mumbled pretty softly. You know what? I guess I can start feeling uncomfortable right now. Just look at Yugi's and Yami's face. See the joy? And the untainted feeling for wanting to know more than is necessary? Well, I do.
 
“Yugi, what do you mean by `also'? Did Ryou knew more people we also know now?” Yami asked Yugi. He was still sitting next to Yugi, by the way.
 
“Hai, Yami! Ryou knew Jou also from his childhood. Only he was a kid Jou liked to pick on. I think that's the reason he never told Jou about it, because Jou doesn't remember Ryou anymore.” Yugi rambled in one breath. I don't think much peeps are capable of doing such a thing. Well, just as a detail, I was one of those peeps. I can ramble pretty fast, but I only did that when I was in Europe. Oops. I shouldn't have said that. That was a later part in my story. Sssst. Don't tell Yugi and Yami yet. That's keep everything a surprise.
 
“I'd like to continue now.” That me. All normal and simple me. I totally didn't respond at the Mai-fact, OR at the Jou-fact. I only thought of a possible thinking of the thing they mention Jou and Mai.
 
“That can't be the Mai and Jou we now! There're more people in this world who are named `Mai' or `Jou'.” Yami stated, looking like he just discovered something. Well, to be honest, he didn't discovered anything at all. He was pretty much lying around, hoping his hikari would believe him more than he would believe me. Well, glad to know he thinks that negative about me.
 
Did I ever say I'm pretty good in estimating peeps? Well, now I've said. I'm pretty good in estimating peeps. I estimate Yami as an overprotective lovable Yugi-a-like. Nothing more. And just between you and me, I think I'm pretty right estimating Yami.
 
“YAMI! That's rude to say! ... Gomen Ryou, but please continue your story.” Yugi snapped at Yami, but remained sweet when he turned around to my side, and asked me to continue my story. I was about to nod, until suddenly something occurred me. I think I have a bloody brilliant plan for showing the `almighty' pharaoh I was right all along. That'll keep Yami quiet for some time, I think.
 
At this point I felt a bit happier again, by the way.
 
“Please give me a minute, I have a little thing I would really like to show you two. I think I have it in my bag.” I looked down, and grabbed my bag, which stood between my feet all time. I opened the bag, and grabbed a small green-coloured book. Perfect. It looked still like the green photo-album I bought two years ago in Egypt. Oops. Again, I've talked more than I was planning to do.
 
“I hope I still have it. But I don't know for sure.” I said, while leafing through my book. When I found the page I was looking for, I turned the book around, so Yugi and Yami also could face the page.
 
“NO WAY!!! ... YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!” Yugi squeaked, and smiling in a I-told-you-way at Yami. Heh, heh. Never try to be smarter than almighty me ... Wait a second. I said `almighty me'. NO! Only my sweet Bakura is allowed to say that. I'm to un-almighty to gave the word `almighty' and `me' in the same sentence. Now, now, Ryou Bakura. Breath in, breath out. And some more breathing, because I hate a lack of oxygen.
 
Well, to get back to the main thing, the pictures, I think I have to describe them. Else you won't have a clue what to think of it. On the page were glued 3 pictures. One of me, 6 years old, holding my new deck, smiling like an idiot. Cute in a special way, but I'm too depressive to see that today. The second one, a picture with me and my daddy, both playing Duel Monsters one Christmas-morning. Mother took both pictures. She still lived that moment. 8 hours after that, she died. Oops. I'm trailing off again. Well, the third picture was the picture Mai gave me. Although she would be 23 or something like that by now, she still looked like the girl she was all those years ago. Still the same colour hair, eyes, and smile. She was only a bit more mature, and had gotten more feminine forms.
 
“ ... Gomen, Ryou. I think I can believe you now ... what for pictures are more in that book?” Yami asked me, obviously trying to turn around the page. Hmmm, I never knew Yami could be so irritating. He keeps on asking things I don't want to answer or do.
 
“I'll show you the pictures as soon you know what happened on the picture. Or why I got the picture. But I really would like to continue now.” I gave Yami a stare, so he didn't ask me another thing. Well, one problem is solved now. Now make sure my sweet Bakura would come back from where-ever he was at the moment -with his spirit, I mean. I know where his body is-, and don't forget, the problem of telling the rest. The worst things were about to happen, and I wasn't exactly planning to tell them to Yami and Yugi.
 
“Okay then, Ryou. Go ahead, We'll listen!” Yugi squeaked, still with a big smile plastered on his face. Well, I guess they'll stay some longer. Now, where did I stay?
 
“Arigatou, Yugi. Well, to continue my life-story, That same night Mai had to put me into my bed, but ...
 
 
~oOo~ Enter flashback ~oOo~
 
 
“But I don't wanna go to bed! I'm not NEARBY being tired!” For a sweet child I could be very annoying. But hey, this was Mai! I think she could handle me. Daddy didn't respond at me, but walked out of room, while ordering Mai she had to put me in bed.
 
# You don't `think' that, you HOPE she'll handle you! # Bakura corrected me. He didn't snort ... strangely enough.
 
-It's the same thing for me!- This time I snorted ... probably a habit I took from him. Guess it's something he taught me.
 
# There she comes again ... GO BUNNY! # Bakura cheered happily, and jumped up and down on my bed. Not only Bakura liked Mai herself, he like also the nicknames she sometimes gave me, especially `bunny'.
 
I was still sitting on my bed, while Bakura jumped next to me. Both of us were not tired, although we WERE bored. When Mai entered my room, we both looked up from mybook-we were looking in my book Santa gave me with Christmas ... you know, the one with the pictures of cool animals! Like lions, and hippo's, and bears!- at an extreme happy Mai ... but then again, I think she was extreme happy whole day long.
 
“Hello Ryou-sweetie-chan! I heard from your daddy it's bedtime for you!” She smiled another time, and grabbed my pyjama's who were hanging on my chair.
 
“Here's your PJ. I hope you don't mind I'll wait outside while you undress.” She gave me a smile the umpteenth time today ... I think, IF this continues, I'll grow up with the thought smiling people are scary.
 
# THEY ARE! Per example: I don't smile, and I'm not scary! ... Iie, that's not true .. I AM scary ... Okay, don't mention the thing I said something #
 
“Okay, Mai.” I mumbled, ignoring Bakura like he told me, grabbed my pj's, Mai was holding in her hands, and walked to the bathroom, not saying something more.
 
# Is it necessary for me to undress also? It's not like anyone else can see me! # Bakura asked me, probably still jumping on my bed.
 
-Just wash. Daddy isn't able to SEE you, but perhaps he can SMELL you if you won't wash your face!-
 
# OKAY! Just wait a sec ... and please keep your jeans on .. I hate naked boys! Though you're cute, I'm way too young for seeing such a thing with my very `innocent' eyes # Then he snorted -STOP THAT, BAKURA!- and transported himself into the Ring ... which was laying on a towel in the bathroom at this precize moment. Then he re-appeared, only then IN the bathroom. I won't mention the fact he called me cute.
 
# I LIKE THIS! Just take the ring with you, and I can come to you within a second! # He snorted, snatched the brush away for my eyes and began brushing his hair.
 
I stood there for 10 seconds, but then `woke up', and began brushing my teeth, really slowly.
 
# Come-on Ryou-sweetie-chan! A bit faster can't hurt you! And I want Mai to read us a story before we go to sleep! #
 
-Okay ... but I still need to change into my pj's-
 
# Then I'll see you again in your room # He finished brushing his hair -... I thought he also needed to wash his face ... strange- , snorted, and disappeared into the ring again.
 
I, on the other side, shrugged my shoulders, and kept on brushing my teeth ... Mai's story would come later.
 
o0~0o
 
“What story would you like to hear? A sweet story, a sad story, a scary story, or some other story?” Mai asked me. I was covered by my oversized blanket, while Bakura was sitting somewhere on the other side of my bed -I couldn't see him, cuz the blanket was too big to look over it- , and Mai sat on a chair, close to my bed.
 
“I don't want a story ... can you tell me something about yourself?” I asked back. THAT caught her surprise. I think no kid asked her something like this before ... LOL!
 
# You're a fast student! I told you you'd be an no-wimp in no-time! And you're already learning! #
 
-Shut up!-
 
# SEE! You did it again! #
 
“Okay then, Ryou. But I don't know what you mean by that question. Do you want to know my interests, or my history?”
 
“Interests. History is the past, and can't be changed. Interests are now, and can be manipulate and can change easily. And I can tell also about my own interests, then we can compare our interests and see if it is smart for you to baby-sit me or not. Cuz if our interests don't match, I don't want you as a baby-sitter.”
 
...
 
“Are you sure you're just a kid? Cuz you sound like an adult right now ...”
 
“I'm just a kid. Although mommy never called me a kid, she used to call me `my little person'. And daddy always calls me `son', instead of `little son'. So I think I'm not really a kid anymore, but definitely not an adult yet.”
 
“ ... I like you! You're the first kid who has a very own opinion!!!” Mai suddenly grinned like madly, and ... she didn't have to stroke my hair once more!
 
# Get used to it! Although it's annoying, it's her own habit. And own habits don't die # And hai, he snorted.
 
“But about my interests huh?!? I like soaps, TV, candy, boys around my age, Duel Monsters, pictures, cars, little kids, computers, movie-
 
“Duel monsters???” I interrupted her sentence rudely, but I think this was way more important than computers and cars!!!
 
“Hai! Off course I like it! I even have my own deck, with cards no-one can beat!!! ... do you also know Duel Monsters, by any chances?”
 
I suddenly sat up straight, pulled the blanket off me -Mai motioned me to keep laying, but I completely ignored her- , stood up now totally, jumped out of my bed -with a BOOM!-, ran to my desk, and grabbed my deck. Then I walked back -this time slower, and not with a `BOOM!'- and showed her my cool cards.
 
“ ... COOL!!!! You have also a deck ... !!! ... why do you have stronger cards than me?” She gave me a playful stare and continued looking at my cards. I blushed a bit at this comment, and crawled back under my sheets, ignoring the cold stare from Bakura.
 
# Don't you DARE keeping her!!!! SHE'S MINE!!!!! #
 
“You have totally cool cards, Ryou-bunny-chan!!! Would you like to see mine?” She didn't wait for an answer, but grabbed the bag she took to every place in the house, and took her deck out of the bag.
 
“These are mine cards. I like female monsters better, so I collected as much females as I could. And this card is my favourite.” She rambled and showed me a pretty card.
 
“I also have a lady monster ... her name is `Lady of faith' ... and my `Change of Hearts' is also a girl.” I stated, searched a bit in my deck, and showed her my two favourite cards also.
 
“Cool!!!! ... Ryou? To answer your very mature state a couple of minutes ago ... since our interests match, can I stay your babysitter?”
 
...
 
“SURE!” I grinned, and let her look at the rest of my cards.
 
And Bakura, he looked pissed off ... Gomen, but maybe I wanna keep her!
 
# NO WAY!!!! I wanna have her! #
 
-Perhaps we can share her!!-
 
...
 
# Okay then! #
 
“And this one is also very cool! RYOU!!!! Don't zoom out! It's good you needed to get this early to bed. Now we can chat some more, before you can go to sleep, cuz I don't think you're this young to be already tired!” She pushed another cards under my nose.
 
I smiled some more, but the smile was meant more for Bakura than for Mai herself. Yep, I would share her!