Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Promise ❯ Childhood Saga: Soap-stars in the make ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

9 Childhood Saga: Soap stars in the make.
#$#$#$#$#$
 
There are some Japanese words in every chap.
The Japanese words which are mostly used in fics I WON'T name. If you don't know a translation, just look in earlier chaps to find their translation. With these words I mean hai, iie, gomen, yami, hikari, etc. etc.
For the people who don't know any other Japanese words, here's the translation of them who are gonna be seen in this chap;
Moshi-moshi: Hello [when you're calling on the phone]
Konban wa: Good evening
Hajimemashite?: How do you do?
Shimpai janai: Don't worry about it
Yosh': Cool, ALL RIGHT
#$#$#$#$#$
Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh isn't mine. I do not own Ryou, Bakura, or any other characters.
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
“I thought you wanted to keep her?”
“Not anymore! This is more fun!” Bakura answered my question, while handling me the phone. I snorted -hanging around with Bakura for quit some time is effecting my habits pretty much- but didn't take the phone.
Instead of that I tried to convince him doing it: “Can't you do it? ... Take over my body, then you can do it! I would probably go stuttering or losing my voice completely ... I don't wanna do it!!!”
“Come-on chicken! If you don't wanna be a wimp anymore, you have to do this alone. And I'll be standing here, in case you pass out. And if you say something stupid, I'll give you a hit, then you know you're doing something stupid!” He smiled well-knowingly.
“You really know how to support me, don't you?!?” I mumbled sarcastically, but took the phone anyway.
“The number is-
“Bakura, WHY was I doing this again?” I interrupted Bakura's sentence, but I didn't care. I wasn't THAT scared of calling, but more ... not feeling like doing this.
# Cuz you are already too old for having a babysitter. NOW DIAL THE NUMBER AND SAY SHE CAN'T COME TONIGHT! #
“FINE!”
# FINE! #
I gave him a cold stare, and dialled Mai's number. After a full minute I thought she wasn't home, but she got the phone anyway -too bad-
“Moshi-moshi, Mai speaking.” I heard a voice through the phone squeaking over-exited.
“He-e-llo Mai ... This is Ryou.” I stuttered. Although she couldn't see me, I was blushing at the fact I was doing something bad at the moment.
“HELLO RYOU!!!!!!! KONBAN WA! HAJIMEMASHITE?!?!” Mai's voice got even higher and happier when she found out it was me who was calling.
“Good ... emmm, Mai?” Come-on Ryou, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! ... I sure hope positive thinking helps ...
# YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! And positive thinking DOES help!!!! NOW SAY IT!!! #
“Hai? What's wrong, Ryou?”
“Emmm ... Tou-san said you didn't have to come tonight, since he doesn't have to work today. Gomen nasai for you.”
“... That's not the end of the world, Ryou. Shimpai janai. But I sure hope your Tou-san has to work next time, cuz else I gotta miss you for a loooooooong time!” She squeaked even happier over the phone ... she probably had too much sugar today.
DAMN! There I go again, blushing like madly!!!
# Concentrate, Ryou. Tell her the rest ... #
“Mai? Do you know the Duel Monster Tournament next weekend? Tou-san really wants you to take me to that tournament ... and perhaps we can duel both against other people ... and daddy would pay the entrance-price!”
“REALLY??? YOSH'!!!!! I'd love to take you with me!!!!!! I heard the entrance-price is really expensive this year, so your tou-san is really sweet to do that! But how late shall I pick you up?”
I looked confused at Bakura ... HELP ME!!!!
# Around ten in the morning #
“A-around t-ten in the m-morning.” I stuttered, thanking Bakura silently. I didn't oversee the smile I received back.
“Okay then! Don't forget your deck!!! And say `Arigatou!' to your tou-san for paying for both of us! ... But I have to hang up now ... BYE!!!!”
“Ja ne, Mai.” I said, and hang up ... then I sighed deeply, and fell on the couch, still feeling uncomfortable.
# WAY THE GO, BUNNY-CHAN!!! I already said you could do it! Now only you we are alone tonight, but your dad is also gonna pay for the tournament! And don't mention the thing he doesn't know we're going! # He sighed also, but his sigh sounded more happily than desperate. Then he sat down on the couch next to me, while having a smile plastered on his face.
“But I won't go steal daddy's money for that.” I mumbled, still breathing not normal, since I was still in some sorta shock.
# Ryou, Ryou, Ryou-chan!!! It's not `stealing', it's more like `lending without giving back'! Just pretend you `forget' to give him the money back! That's not the same as `stealing', cuz when you steal something, you don't try to give the thing you stole back! You see the difference?!? # Bakura nodded well-knowingly, like he was teaching me some important lesson.
# It IS an important lesson! #
“Okay then, Bakura ... But please help me to get the money. I never `borrowed' money from my daddy before.”
# Sure!! In my time I was a great tomb-lender!!! ... But how late is it now? #
“It's afternoon ... why do you ask it?”
“Then your dad is going within an hour!” Bakura stated as it was the clearest thing in the world.
...
“Then only another hour before it'll be the first time I'm home alone ... with your off course!”
# SHUT UP!!!!!!!!! Your dad is coming! # Bakura snorted, and remained silent, cuz daddy still thought he was gone some time ago.
“Hello, Ryou ... I hope you won't mind, but I can't stay any longer here. Mai is coming within a quarter, so just watch TV until she gets here ... I hope you won't mind being alone here for a couple of minutes?” Daddy said, while grabbing his briefcase, tiding up his tie some more, looking in the mirror, combing his hair, biting into a sandwich, drinking a glass of milk, and putting on his shoes, all in almost the same time. It really looked funny in some sorta way.
“No problem, daddy. I'll watch `Shin Chan' until Mai comes. Good luck on your work, and `til tomorrow-afternoon.”
“Gomen for that, but I really can't come home tonight ... luckily you like Mai, so it won't be a problem. Goodbye son!” He gave me a smile, and walked to the corridor.
I, on the other hand, stood up and walked to the window. This way I could wave some more at daddy before being parent-less for a whole night!!!!!! YEY!!!!
# I told you it would work ... Shall I wave also?? # Bakura grinned evilly while adding the sarcastically comment.
-Do whatever you want ... WE'RE ALONE!!!!!!!!- I smiled happily, and waved to my daddy, who waved one more time, before getting in his car. When the car drove away, it finally started to sank in ... I was alone, WITH my best friend, without Mai -she was nice, but had a really annoying stroking-hair-habit!-, without daddy -he was okay also, but he didn't like Bakura-, and WITH a TV, and a phone-number for getting pizza's!!!!!!
# Thanks to Mai, who gave you the number!!! # Bakura cheered also, and walked back to the bank.
# So very-best-friend, who-has-a-house-for-himself, what do you wanna do in YOUR house? # He stated, his eyes twinkling with joy.
“Emmm ... I think I'll order a pizza, then eat in while we watch TV, and then stay up till I fall a sleep in front of the TV!!! I always wanted to do that someday!” I squeaked over-happily, so it made me sound like Mai ... I never knew I could be scary!!!
“Okay ... but now is also your chance for doing the things you're absolutely not allowed to!!!!”
# Hint, hint # He added in his mind.
“What did you have in mind? I don't wanna destroy something, by the way.”
# We can jump on your daddy's bed, or run around naked, OR we can grab all the cookies and candy, and then say Mai threw it away cuz there was mould on it! # Bakura was making up the strangest thing ... I guess the freedom was too much to handle for him.
“Mould on candy?”
# A very rare kind, which is just recently discovered by some doctors. Mai saw something about it on Discovery channel, and threw all candy away, cuz there was also some green layer on! But don't mention it was just some new-discovered sugar, which made you glow from inside. And when Mai found out it was radio-active stuff, she also threw away all the cookies, cuz she wanted to make sure you wouldn't end up glowing #
“Riiiiiight. Daddy won't believe us, not even I believe it!” I crossed my arms, but uncrossed them when I saw Bakura pulling at my T-shirt, trying to get my attention, which he got after that.
# I know something else!!!! You just say Mai took a friend of her to here, cuz she thought that would be funnier! And they ate all the cookies and candy! #
“That is the most stupid, and ridiculous, and ... best idea ever!!!! ... We can tell daddy Mai invited some friends over here, and off course I had a great time, cuz he likes to hear that, and they all got cookies and candy!”
# I told you I was clever ... And we can also watch the movies your dad says we're not old enough to see them! Like `the Ring', or some film with kisses in it!!! #
“And we can also get the money we need for the tournament this weekend!!! Then daddy won't notice it, cuz he'll think Mai took the money for ordering some extra pizza's for her friends ... who I absolutely adore, cuz he likes to hear that!!!”
# And you'll tell him how much you liked it, and your daddy goes all exited and thinks Mai's a sweet and good girl, and perhaps give her a raise for the money the gets!! That'll make her happy too!! #
“YES!!! ... But now I wanna order pizzas!” I cheered over-exited, and grabbed the phone.
# I want a pizza with everything on it! This land of you is much better than Egypt in my time. In my time I had to lend everything, since I had no money! Luckily your dad DOES have money, else I wouldn't stay here any longer!! #
“That's not nice to say! If you go away, I'd miss you a lot, you know that?”
# I know, so I guess I won't go away until you want me to. But now order a pizza with everything on it!!! #
“Okay! And I scrap it all off it, cuz I want nothing on mine! ... And then we can also find out WHEN you exactly lived, cuz now I don't have to give an excuse to look in daddy's books!”
# Way the go, friend! #
“Okay, here goes.”
I dialled the number Mai taught me, and on the other side of the line some guy with a funny accent took the phone.
“Konban wa! What cannit-a be?” I heard a man say with an Italian accent through his voice.
“Emmm ... I'd like to order a pizza, for me and my daddy.” This time I wasn't stuttering, and Bakura wasn't looking at me, cuz he was diverted by some cartoon on the TV-screen.
“Okay ... and what do ya little guy want on da pizza?” I heard the man say again, with the funny accent.
“I want everything on it!”
“Okay then. And where do ya little guy live?”
I gave him my address, while Bakura already got us something to drink. Of course it wasn't some healthy drink, cuz Bakura hated those drinks.
“Da pizza will be there in 15 minutes. Ja ne!” And the funny-accent-man hung up.
I put the phone back to where it belong, and sat down next to Bakura, who was watching a soap ... not our soap, but another one. Too bad this soap could match our. Our one was way better than this one!!
# Shut up, ya little guy!!! I'm watching `the bold and the beautiful'! # He snorted while stating his sentence with the same funny accent the man on the phone used, and gave me a glass of orange juice, since he knew I didn't like the stuff he was drinking. He got some drink my daddy only drank when it was already late in the night ... I think it's called `bier' or something like that.
# It's not called `bier', but `beer'! You still need much to learn about the real life! # He snorted, and took another sip of his drink
“You still need to learn things also.” I respond, but didn't oversee the satisfied smile on Bakura's face.
I smiled also, thinking this would be a night to remember. Me, myself, and Bakura!!! ... no wait, it was `Me, myself and I' .... but since I'm not a schizophrenic, just forget it!
# Shut up! Even IF Cecilia isn't playing in this soap, it's no reason to keep on thinking ... It's ruining my TV-soap-mind!!! # He snorted, and crossed his arms, not looking up to me. He did this more than just this time, it was just a temporary mood. Within a minute he probably would go all happy again.
I nodded to no-one in particular, and shove my chair some closer to the TV, watching some other girl screaming the lungs outta her body ... Cecilia would surpass her with ease.
# That's right, friend. No-one can match Cecilia! #
We both snorted at the same time, before smiling to each other, and before laughing out loud, not seeing the girl who screamed a minute ago, falling off a cliff ... even Cecilia would surpass the fall with ease.
oOo End flashback oOo
“Did Bakura really think mould could live on candy?” Yugi asked, trying desperately to hold in his laugh. Yami, on the other side, was already laughing his head off. Oh, the joy of being laughing at. Great. If only I would be less embarrassed, I would probably hit them, because they laughed at Bakura. Really, you shouldn't laugh because of him. I mean, in his condition, there actually nothing he can say about it. Emmm, oops. I still needed to answer. Damn.
“Hai.” I smiled at my best, but it ended up a VERY tiny-whiny smile, which could only be seen by a microscope. By the way, I've seen such a bloody cool microscope in the mall last week. Well, I just went to the mall for buying more flowers for Bakura. Heh, heh. Perhaps I'll buy the microscope one day, if I've got time left. I mean, my hours with Bakura will always be on the first place to do. Oops. I think I'm trailing off again. Heh, heh. Damn again.
Well, I think I've stayed at the reaction. To cut the details, Yugi couldn't hold it anymore. He started laughing first a bit, but also ended up laughing his head off. On the ground. Great. His clothes will be very unhygienic after he gets up, I swear.
“Guys? Can I please continue?” I tried to calm the 2 down, but with no luck. Of course not. If I heard someone believed mould could live on candy, then I would probably laugh too. But NOT, and I repeat NOT, as loud as Yugi was laughing. So I just leaned back in my chair -Yes, there was a chair- and grabbed my photo-album.
I haven't looked at it so many years, because back then I was too busy taking more pictures, instead of looking at older ones. Suddenly my eyes caught site of a small picture in the corner after the page I showed earlier at Yugi and Yami. At the picture I was standing, smiling widely at the camera, wearing the strangest hat ever. It was also taken the night I've spent with Bakura alone. Bakura took the picture, because you were sure the camera wouldn't see you. Hmmm, I still remember the fact you wanted me to wear a dress also. And all this happened because you thought I could play in a soap, just like Cecilia and Claude.
I didn't notice Yugi's and Yami's silence, until I looked up to them again. They were complete silent. O, wait a second, I already figured out why. Damn tears, always appear in these damn uncomfortable situations.
“Gomen nasai. I- I didn't realize I started to cry. Do you have a handkerchief?” I stuttered, while trying to whip away the tears. With no luck. Of course. Luck and me don't mix. I never had luck. Except for the thing I met Bakura. That was the luckiest thing in my whole life. But I'm trailing off. Once again.
“Here, Ryou.” Yugi offered me a handkerchief, which I grabbed thankfully.
“Arigatou, Yugi Gomen nasai once more. I really didn't realize it happened.” I said while whipping all tears away. Yugi nodded, understanding my sadness. Yami, on the other side, looked at Bakura side, giving him a mental stare. Well, not really, just figurative. When all tears were gone, I gave Yugi his handkerchief back, but ended up keeping it, because Yugi mentioned `you need it more than I do'. Great, I do not cry that much, now do I? Okay, never mind. I equal a cry-baby, just like my sweet Bakura always said to me.
“Arigatou once more, Yugi. But I think I'll continue now.” I started, just before Yami stood up. Great timing, Yami. Not. He looked sorrowful to Yugi, before turning to my site, looking serious, but somewhere also a bit irritated. Oh boy, here it comes.
“I hope I won't be rude, but I remember something really important ... Gomen, Ryou, but I won't be able to listen further to the story. Yugi, but I'll be home if you come back.” And without saying anything more, Yami turned around, and walked away.
...
“Shall I continue, or do you also wanna leave? Because if you do, then leave now. I don't like to be interrupted in the story I'm telling Bakura. After all, I'm telling HIM the story, not to you, or to Yami.” I said to Yugi a bit too harshly. Damn. I hate my emotions. Luckily I still have Yugi's handkerchief. I didn't feel like asking it another time.
“Gomen for Yami's behaviour. I think he has troubles facing the fact you really liked him, or he is just irritated that I'm more interested in Bakura than himself at the moment. But unlike Yami, I like it. Please go on telling.”
“Telling what???” I suddenly heard another voice say from behind me, which gave me a shock. Great. More peeps. I turned around, only to see Mokuba standing behind me, exactly on the place I saw Yami a full hour ago for the first time today. Luckily he didn't wear a yellow thing, else I'd SO laugh about it. Emmm, I'll tell this later, okay? Good.
Mokuba looked complete confused. But what did I else expect? He came in, probably after being walked over by an extreme angry Yami. Then seeing 2 peeps, and one of them was crying. It was not like Mokuba would look happy instead of confused, or extreme pissed off -like Yami looked while walking away. Though I still don't know WHAT happened to make him that pissed off. I guess I'll ask him later about that. Of course only if I want to.
“Gomen for disturbing you, but in order of my brother I needed to bring some flowers here ... although I don't know why, cuz we have butlers for doing these things, and also cuz he didn't know Bakura well ... but then again, I think only you did.” The last thing was meant for me. I guess I already know why Seto send Bakura flowers. Pretty flowers to be exactly. Beautiful blue flowers, where I don't know the name of. I only know they're beautiful. And they remind me of your PJ you always wore back in Europe. Woops. That was something I didn't want to tell yet. Heh, heh.
“Arigatou, Mokuba. I think I already know why he send me them.” I took the flowers, and put them next to Bakura, next to the other flowers. Great. There was al least 5 vases of flowers standing next to Bakura. And he HATES flowers! I still don't know why I bought those pretty roses for you. Well, okay. They smelled so good, and they were pretty, just like you. But anyway.
“Really? ... Is it rude to ask why?” Mokuba asked me softly, not looking up to my face. When he was still a little toddler, he wasn't this shy! Not at all. He was so bouncy and hyper and stuff. Always happy, only that time he hurt his knees.
“Iie. But you wouldn't understand it, because there's a whole story behind it.”
Perhaps I wanted to say more, but even if that was true, I wouldn't have had the chance, since Yugi turned his faced to Mokuba and squeaked happily: “Ryou is telling his life-story to Bakura. And if Kaiba has a reason for the flowers, Ryou will probably tell the thing that happened in the story!”
...
Wait a second. Did he just say what I think he said? DAMN! I really don't want another peep who wants to know everything about my history. It's my history. My past. My life. No, Me and Bakura's life. Our life. Not theirs!
“NAH!!! It'll probably take more than an hour! Only if it would take shorter than an hour, I'd consider to listen, cuz Seto asked me to come back immediately after giving this to you.”
I always liked Seto. He was never angry a me. But then again, he had his reasons for being so nice toward me and you, my koi.
But then I said the -probably- most stupid thing this day: “I'm not exactly at that point, but it won't take THAT long.” Not only Yugi was now even MORE exited about the rest, but now Mokuba probably wanted to listen too.
“Okay then. I'll listen! I always wanted to know why my big brother never acted cold and mean to you, from the beginning of the day you entered Domino-High ... perhaps I can even blackmail Seto if it's funny!” Mokuba smiled at me, and sat down next to Yugi, on the chair Yami sat on some earlier. Great. More audience. Thank to my very, VERY big mouth. Note to myself: Never say the first thing that comes into your mind. Things won't go easier that way.
“Okay then”, I gave in, while letting an enormous sigh escape my mouth, which was not meant to be done, “But first comes the show me and Bakura made up. Although it wasn't really a show, it was more an inspiration of Bakura. Emmm, but anyway. It was half past eight, and `Underway to Golden Times' was nearly ended ...
oOo Enter flashback oOo
“But Claude!!!!!!! Please forgive me!!!!” Cecilia screamed, while falling over on a couch. Bakura and I were practically drooling of the fact Cecilia was already on the TV-screen for ten whole minutes.
“No, Cecilia, It's over. I can't live with it.” Claude said, and walked away.
Bakura and I moved some closer to the TV-screen, only to find out our faces were already almost stuck on the screen.
“But CLAUDE!!!!!! You can't leave me here!!!!!! ... I HATE YOU!!!!” At this point Cecilia's flashback ended -yes, it was a flashback of what happened, while Cecilia was sitting in the jail- and you saw Cecilia whipping away a tear.
Then she spoke: “And then, I shot a bullet, just as a warning shot ... RIGHT THROUGH HIS HEAD!!!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!!” Cecilia laughed her head off, but then screamed some more, cuz she wanted to get out. At this point Claude's brother walked in ...
...
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! IT WAS THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's can't be ... what was Claude's brother doing there?!?!
# NO WAY!!!! Ryou, get Cecilia back!!!!! # Bakura snorted unreasonably, crossing his arms, to look even more irritated, which he probably was.
“I can't, Bakura. You and I have to wait `til tomorrow.” I sighed.
“But .... wait a sec .... I KNOW SOMETHING COOL TO PLAY!!!!! Since your dad is gone, he won't mind the fact you're staying up really late tonight!!!” Bakura suddenly yelled, stood up and ran to the corridor. I looked once more to the TV-screen, only to the tonight's movie -`You've got mail', but I already saw that one 2 times- beginning. When Bakura came back, he was wearing a stupid hat ... mommy once bought me that head for the carnival, but I never wanted to wear it, cuz it was coloured green with purple.
“Put it on!” Bakura said, while taking the head off and giving it to me. It was no use to shrug, cuz Bakura planted the head on my head before I could answer something.
“I saw this on the TV yesterday somewhere. Some kids were doing a play, and were wearing the strangest hats and clothes I've ever seen! And they were pretending to be all kind of other persons!!! I wanna do that also!!!!” Bakura rambled, not feeling like breathing between sentences ... I guess he's exited ... but his idea IS a funny one!
“What do you wanna play? And who will you pretend to be?!?” I asked, already figuring out I had to be a lady, since the hat was made for girls ... I still don't know why mommy ever bought that hat!!!
“You know I love you, right?!?” Bakura suddenly stated ... wait a sec ... I recognize this part ... I think I know Bakura's answer!
# You understand ... GOOD!!! Now play along!!! ... FOR YOUR FANS!!!! If you wanna be a soap-star, you have to practice!!!! #
“I know you love me, koi. But I, I love you even more! I love you as the sunshine on a beautiful day, as the water in a calm river, as the snow on Christmas-morning. That's how much I love you!” I answered sweetly, and hugged Bakura tightly, and give him a peck on his cheek, and another one, and another one, and yes, another one.
# You can also overdo it!!! DO NOT KISS ME!!! #
“Why the sudden change, honey?,” Bakura answered me then normally, while returning the hug I gave him. “First, you were all angry, cuz the police was searching you. And now, you're extreme happy again.” Bakura hugged me some more, but made sure no kisses were made again.
“... Nothing ... although ... I wanted to tell you.” I stuttered, and pulled Bakura off me. He looked at me, before his mouth fell open.
“Are you pregnant again?”
“... I WANTED TO TELL IT!!!!! GOMEN!!!!!!!! Claude, please forgive me!!!!!” I started to cry, fake off course.
“No, Cecilia. It's no use. I can't be a father. Remember what happened to my last child?! I never thought kids couldn't swim as well as I can. And the swimming-pool never allowed me to come there again! They said I was a danger for everyone!” Claude never said this, but I thought it was fun anyway. I gave him a sweet smile, but then remained Madeline again.
“But I KNOW you would the best dad for my child.” I sobbed a bit, so it looked like I was still really crying -which I wasn't, by the way-.
“Whose child is it? I bet it's not mine, cuz I haven't slept with you since last year.”
“... I can't say.” I stuttered, and tried really hard -with no luck- to blush like madly. I guess I really suck in plays and soaps.
Bakura fell over at this point. He breathed heavily, and stuttered like madly: “It can't be ... Cecilia, say it cannot be!!!”
“It's true, Claude ... It's your brother's child!!!”
Bakura gasped, stood up while yelling: “MY BROTHER'S CHILD!?!?! YOU SLUT!!!!!!!!” He slapped me, but since this was just a play, it wasn't a real slap.
“But Claude!!!! Please forgive me. It was only for one night! And I couldn't do something about the fact we didn't do it safe!” I don't know what this meant, but I heard it Cecilia say today, so I said it also.
“Cecilia, I'm sorry. I guess I need to say farewell. I don't want to see you again.”
“But Claude!!!!!!! Please forgive me!!!!” I screamed, while falling over on a couch.
“No, Madeline, It's over. I can't live with it.” Bakura said, and walked away, towards the corridor.
“But CLAUDE!!!!!! You can't leave me here!!!!!! ... I HATE YOU!!!!”
At this point Bakura and I both fell over, laughing our heads off.
“That was the BEST imitation of Cecilia and Claude EVER!!!!!” Bakura said, between giggles.
I nodded in response, still laughing my head off. When Bakura finally stopped laughing, I was still rolling on the floor, snickering like madly.
“I never knew having an ancient friend could be this fun!!!” I snickered, and laughed some more. But when Bakura suddenly stood up, and walked to the kitchen, my laugh disappeared. I sat up -therefore I was lying on my tummy- and looked towards the kitchen, but Bakura didn't come back.
After 5 minutes of staring, I stood up, curious about what Bakura was doing. I walked slowly toward the kitchen, but when I entered it, I figured out Bakura wasn't there anymore, but the door toward the hall-way was open, so I guess Bakura went through the door ... I was still wondering what he was doing and why he didn't tell me where he went to when he walked away.
I walked also to the hall-way, and looked around some more ... being alone with a friend who I can't find isn't fun! This place is already WAY to dark for my own good!!!!
“Bakura?! Where are you?” I yelled, but no answer returned. Suddenly I saw a stroked of light escape from some door somewhere upstairs ...
I slowly walked upstairs, to see the light escape my dad's room ... I little smile appeared on my face before I opened the door, only to see Bakura sitting on my daddy's bed, while looking in an old book which was really big, probably coming from the book-case on the other site of the room.
“Bakura, why didn't you answer my calling?” I asked him, slowly heading toward Bakura, who didn't answer my question. He kept on staring in the book on his lap.
When I was next to him, I peeked into the book he was holding ... I think I know why he didn't answer. He was looking at a picture of old Egypt with some pamphlets in a pyramid, while under the picture stood `3000 years ago'.
“Do you recognize this, Bakura?” I asked him softly, while sitting next to him, reading the page.
“Read this for me, please.” Bakura didn't answer my question, but that wasn't bad.
“Okay ... But I can't read well, by the way. Since I'm only six, I'll just read the words I know, and I'll omit the difficult ones.” I stuttered a bit, but started to read anyway. Bakura, on the other side, wasn't showing any feeling ... he did that often.
“Emmm ...it says something about those pamphlets on the picture ... emmm, that the pamphlet was discovered by some guy ... and the pamphlet is descended from 3000 years ago ... at that time ... the book says something about a pharaoh back then ... and then something I don't understand ...”
“It's okay ... 3000 years past, didn't it?!? Funny, I always thought there was never enough time, and now I've wasted 3000 years of earth's life.” Bakura sarcastically said, and leafed further through the book. As some pages he stopped, touched a picture with his finger, only to snort some more and leafing further.
I, on the other side, didn't say a single thing. That was until Bakura looked up to me in a very un-Bakura-way. He was looking somewhat very lonely and sad.
“Do you really want to be friends with me? I mean, I used to steal things, ad I even tried to kill people. And only those horrible things I went through I can remember, the rest is all blank.” He suddenly threw the book away, knocking over a vase ... not that I cared, I'd explain that daddy later on, this was more important.
“Off course I want to be your friend! And what you did 3000 years ago, doesn't mean you are still the same person as you were back then. I know you can't be that cruel in real! There had to be a reason for your behaviour.” I softly patted his back, and smiled at him.
“But Ryou ... ” He suddenly changed his mood. All the sadness was gone within a second, and was replaced for another emotion, “the person I was back then, I STILL am that person! Only not to you! You are the nicest kid I've ever met, but the rest of the world sucks!” He was looking angry, but somewhere I knew the anger wasn't meant for me.
# You already know me too well, little friend # He sighed, but looked normal again at me. I gave him a smile, but then found out I was still patting his back ... which I stopped immediately after that moment. Suddenly he stood up and walked over to the broken vase.
“Gomen for that thing. I didn't mean to break that stupid thing ... or perhaps I DID mean to break it, but I don't want you to get into troubles.” He started to pick up the broken pieces, but stopped as soon as he almost cut his hands open.
At this point I walked over to him and motioned him to come with me.
“I'll clean that tomorrow. As for now, I want to look a movie with my bestest best friend.” I smiled at him, and he smiled back, at least, he tried to, but ended up grinning stupidly. I saw this, and couldn't help but laugh at this site.
# I'll never smile again! ... Can we please watch a movie now? #
“Sure!” I grinned, and started to run downstairs, toward the TV, so I could chose out a nice video.
“Now your dad isn't here, you and I can sleep in his bed! Cuz I don't wanna sleep in a corner of your small bed anymore ... and don't think this sounds wrong, cuz it probably DOES sound wrong! But if you wanna sleep in your own bed, I'll just sleep there alone.” Bakura stated, while he entered the living-room, where I was already sitting in front of the TV, waiting for Bakura to show up. I also already decided which video I wanted to look: `The nightmare before Christmas'. Although I've never seen it, and mommy always said it would be too scary for me, I really wanted to see it!
“Then it'll be the Christmas-tape!” Bakura stated, but sighed immediately after it ...
“Gomen for not reacting at your state a moment earlier, Bakura ... but that's okay with me. I'll sleep in daddy's bed together with you. Then we tell him that Mai put my in daddy's bed, cuz emmm ... I'll make an excuse late on. As for now, I wanna see the movie!” I ended my sentence with a cheer, and pushed the `play'-button, so the movie started. Then I stood up, walked to the bench, and sat down next to Bakura, who was already sitting.
“Are you sure this movie isn't too scary for you?” Bakura said, as we saw a preview of `Peter Pan' at the TV-screen.
“Nah!!!!! Cuz since I can handle `Casper', I think this movie isn't that scary.” I stated, as the preview of Peter Pan ended, but immediately grabbed a pillow and held it for my eyes as I saw a scarecrow pointing at Halloween-town, the town where Jack lived ... perhaps I'm just a tiny bit scary ...
“It's fake! But fun anyway!” I heard Bakura cheer next to me, while he was watching the beginning of the film. He was almost drooling of the fact the town was the home of thousands of scary monster, while I was still hiding behind a pillow. When I heard Bakura yell in pleasure, I peeked over my pillow, only to see the main character, Jack, singing also ... okay, this wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.
Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, which belonged to Bakura. He was looking with an intense gaze at me, not looking at the TV anymore.
“It's all fake, Ryou. Monster like that don't exist ... and IF one exists, I'll kill him before it can attack you! Nobody can beat the great tomb-robber!!!!!” Bakura stated, while giving me a proud smile, like he just saved the world.
“But they look scary.” I mumbled while hiding my face in the pillow again.
“LOOK!!!! Christmas-town!!!!! That's not scary!!!!!” Bakura yelped suddenly, which caused me to look at the TV-screen ... I guess Bakura is right, this wasn't THAT scary!
I smiled unsure, but for the rest of the film I didn't hide behind the pillow anymore ... who ever said Bakura had a bad influence at me had to be terribly wrong. He only helped me to conquer my fears of scary monsters!!!
Off course I didn't oversee Bakura grin, as I thought this thought.