Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Promise ❯ Childhood Saga: A life for a life, part 2 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

13 Childhood Saga: A life for a life, part 2
 
Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh isn't mine. I do not own Ryou, Bakura, or any other characters.
 
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
 
“Do you want some more, or should I go clean up everything?” Daddy asked me, while I just finished dinner. I smiled at him, but nodded `no'.
 
“Iie, Tou-san. I'll help you clean the table though.” I answered at my daddy's state, and stood up to grab my plate. I slowly walked to the dishwasher -so it wouldn't fall- and put my plate in it.
 
“Domo arigatou, son.” My daddy smiled kindly at me, and helped me clean the table. When we both were done, I went to my room, probably to avoid more moments with my daddy today. I just couldn't bring it up to tell him I was lying about the fact I couldn't play Duel Monsters, which I COULD play!
 
I entered my room, ran to my desk, and was about to get my deck, before I remembered Bakura took it with him. Too bad he took the deck with him, I wish he didn't, because then I could duel with my daddy, and ... WAIT A SEC ...
 
Bakura can keep the deck! What is losing a simple deck compared with losing my best friend?!
 
I sobbed a bit, but remained silent when I heard steps on the stairs ... great, I didn't want daddy to see me crying like this! I grabbed my handkerchief, cleaned my face as fast as I could, and grabbed the book I was reading in earlier. The door slowly opened, but I didn't look up. Instead of looking up I just continued reading like nothing happened, and sweetly cheered to my daddy: “Konban wa, Tou-san! Lookie-lookie, I'm reading my bookie! Too bad I forgot where I put my deck, so I can't duel with you tonight. But I don't mind, I'm happy with my book right now.”
 
I hummed a bit while turning on the page, still not looking up. When no answer came, I looked up, curious why daddy didn't answer me ... perhaps he was just surprised of the fact I was a good boy again ... but when I looked in the eyes of the person in the door-opening my mind sort of went blank.
 
...
 
NO WAY!!!!
 
...
 
“I owe you a slap back, cuz you hit me too ...”
 
...
 
“Nani?! Don't look at me that way!!!” He was looking angry and proud at the same time, while I remained speechless.
 
...
 
“Come-on little Ryou! Get up, so I can slap you ... and then I want something to eat, cuz I haven't had a decent meal in hours!!!” His tummy growled in response.
 
...
 
“But .... You left!!! ... did you come back?” I finally could say something back at Bakura. When he heard me, he started to laugh -happily, not evilly, like he usually does- at me.
 
“Back?!?! I never went away!!!!! Who said I would go away from this house?! I only went to the attic to mock for a good few hours, nothing more! And hearing your thoughts, I'm very glad I did, cuz now you finally understand it was YOU all along who was wrong, not almighty me!”
 
“ ... BAKURA!!!!! I missed you SO much!!!!!!!!!” I threw away the book, stood up and launched myself at Bakura. First I thought he would dislike the fact I was hugging him really tight, but when I felt an arm hug me too, I began to cry as well.
 
“Gomen for I ever said to you!!!!! I-I never thought of everything you have said ... and, and ... I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'll never say something like that again ... and-and I ... I'm so sorry. I must be the dumbest boy on earth!!!!” Although I was stuttering this all, Bakura could understand it all ... at least, I hope he understood it.
 
“I understand, Aibou. And you're almost forgiven.”
 
“Almost?” I questioned while I was I was wetting Bakura's clothes with my waterfall of tears.
 
“I'll tell you later. For now, just calm down, okay?” He didn't wait for an answer this time, and somehow lifted me up -... WOW! I never knew he was this strong!!!!- and carried me to my bed. Then he gave me my handkerchief so I could whip my tears away. I was still sobbing a bit, but both of us couldn't care a slightest thing.
 
“Calm down, little Ryou. You didn't thought I was going out without money and some better clothes, do you? ... hmmm, I think you DID believe that ... it seems you don't know me very well, Ryou.”
 
“Sorry, Bakura .... I'm so sorry I ever said something bad about you ... I just can't .... I'm so sorry . I'm sor-
 
“Don't be ... Listen, I've been wrong too, but that's just a minor detail. I'm quite satisfied you've learned your lesson now. And your apologize is accepted ... but like I said before ... there's only one `demo'.”
 
“Then what, Bakura?” I asked, while hoping this time I could make him all happy again.
 
“I wanna make a promise with you ... one, I hope, you'll never break. To give you another chance, the almighty tomb-robber decided to let you promise me never to break a promise again! And if you break that promise, I don't wanna be your friend anymore. Have we got a deal, or have we got a deal?!”
 
...
 
“But I suck at fulfilling promises! ... I don't know if I can do that!” I sobbed a bit more, before grabbing a pillow, to hug is very tight -I knew Bakura wouldn't have liked it if I hugged him instead of a pillow-.
 
“That's right, Ryou. Hug me once more, and you're toast! But before I'm gonna give you nicknames again, promise to never break a promise again! Even the ones you ever made! And I'm talking about the one you made with yourself some earlier.” He looked at me while waiting silently for an answer.
 
“ ... demo ... Okay then ... I promise never to break a promise again. So I'll never lie to anyone again. And I won't be mean to you anymore.” I sweetly said at Bakura. Suddenly he sat down next to me and hugged me ... WOW! That's something I don't get every day!
 
“Shut up. I'm only happy to see you smiling again. And do NOT say I'm going soft on you, cuz I know I AM. See this as an exception. And be happy the almighty me likes to hug you.” He hugged me some tighter. You know how I'm feeling right now? Fuzzy. Really, I'm feeling fuzzy! Hmmm, I guess hugs from sweet people make me fuzzy from inside.
 
“But can't we be at least roommates, since you don't wanna be friends with me?” I asked him after he let me go -the hug didn't last longer than 10 seconds. And after the hug the fuzzy feeling immediately ended too ... strange-.
 
“I was more thinking of a master-slave relation-ship -I immediately sweat dropped and fell over in anime-style®- ... but roommates will be fine too. So things are solved now, because I'M STARVING!!!!!!! I didn't get any food at the attic, so I think I can eat a whole cow!”
 
“Domo arigatou, friend. But it would look suspicious if I asked my daddy for more dinner.”
 
“Doesn't matter. I wasn't called `the great tomb-robber' for nothing! Stealing some food will be child-play for an almighty person like me!” He grinned evilly, and stood up.
 
“BOW FOR ME, SLAVE!” He commanded me, while acting like a pharaoh. He grabbed my blanket and hung it around his neck, so he had a cape -with bunnies drawn on it! ... ghihih-. He pointed at my direction, while putting up a serious face.
 
“Your master wants food, mindless soul ... and he wants to play with his friend to!” He dropped the serious face, and tackled me, so I landed on the floor, with Bakura upon me.
 
“Now DIE .... I mean PLAY!” He tickled me a bit, but suddenly got off me, and returned the blanket on the bed again. When I heard the door-bell, I understood.
 
“How do you KNOW these things, Bakura?” I asked him, while opening my door a bit, so there could be a possible way for met to hear who the visitor was.
 
I suddenly felt a cold object around my neck. When I looked up again, I saw Bakura hung my Ring back around my neck. Immediately I felt Bakura's presence inside me again.
 
# I can feel myself becoming weaker and weaker if you don't wear the Ring, so it would be best of me if you just kept the Ring, else I would just get locked up again.. #
 
I eyed him for a moment.
 
# Yes, Ryou. That was the reason why I was only gone for a few hours. If I would be gone longer, I would just return to the Ring... this stupid curse that has been laid on me! It sucks away all my damn energy! ... now be QUIT! I wanna know who's at the door # He mentally said as if I was the one who was talking non-stop. Then he opened the door some more. It wasn't like we could peek who the visitor was, because my room couldn't oversee the front-door downstairs. We just listened so there could be a tiny chance for us to hear who was talking.
 
“RYOU! You have a visitor for you! Come-on, son!” We suddenly heard my daddy yell to me upstairs. First I got a nudge in my ribs, but then Bakura suddenly took over my body -It's NOT fair he can do that with me, while I can't do it with him! Really, NO FAIR!- and he jumped out of my room, doing a stupid twirl before running down the stairs. When he was almost downstairs, he returned to the Ring, so I nearly tripped over my own legs, because I wasn't expecting this. Luckily I could regain balance and I jumped with a weird wave off the last step.
 
When I was reaching the door, I could see two HUGE men in black suits standing in the entrance ... wait a second ... those guys look like .... NOOO!!!!! I'm innocent, I didn't kill anybody!!! I demand a lawyer! -Cecilia always says that when she killed someone-
 
When I arrived next to my daddy, I could feel my legs tremble ... I sure hope Jou didn't go to the police about the fight earlier ... IIE!!!! I don't wanna go to prison!!!!!!
 
“Are you Ryou Bakura?” One of the two scary men asked me.
 
“H-Hai ...” I stuttered, while putting up big eyes, because they looked even scarier from this place! Though daddy was standing next to me to protect me, I doubted he could beat those scary men!
 
“Were you this afternoon, from 10.30 in the morning, until about 3.00 o'clock in the midday, at the rural Duel Monsters Tournament, Town-street 55, Domino-City?”
 
No I'm scared! Not only these men knew my name, but the also knew I was at the tournament today ... I want a lawyer!
 
“H-Hai ....” I stuttered even more than a moment ago!
 
Suddenly one men turned around to face a limousine -... what on earth was a cool car like that doing HERE in front of MY house?!?!- and spoke in direction of the funky car: “Mister Kaiba, we found the right house! Come-on out!”
 
After the state I immediately felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see my daddy looking at me in a VERY confused way. Then he whispered: “Looks like you haven't told me everything what happened today.”
 
I looked at the limousine again, very confused, because I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. Surely I knew the name `Kaiba Corporation', but I never met the owner ... at least, I thought I never met the owner. When the door of the limousine opened and a boy around my age stepped out, I couldn't help but to blink.
 
... I never knew this kid was famous!!!!!! I thought he was just an ordinary kid with ordinary friends who lived in an ordinary house in an ordinary city!!!! Not the complete opposite!!!!
 
“YOU!!!!!” I was completely lost for words, but luckily my daddy began to speak when I stopped stuttering.
 
“Ryou, do you actually KNOW Kaiba? Why haven't you told me?!” Emmm, perhaps I didn't know it was him all along?
 
“Ryou Bakura?” The boy was now standing in front of me, but my attention was more settled on a tiny yellow-dressed boy who was hopping next to the car.
 
“You found your brother!” I sighed of relief, not quite caring about the fact I ignored Kaiba's question.
 
“Hai. Thanks to your help! That's why I'm here now, to thank you personally.” He suddenly yelled his little brother and the tiny little boy came to my front-door, smiling brightly.
 
“HAYA!!!!!” He waved at me, and clung at his older brother. It looked really sweet, and I happily smiled back at him. At least some kids liked to smile at me these days ... -I didn't count Jou. The smile he gave me was just weird!*
 
“Mokie ... emmm, though his real name is Mokuba, I always call him `Mokie'... and he calls himself Mokie too ... emmm anyway ... Mokie wants to thank you too. I think I wouldn't have found him if you didn't help me!” The older Kaiba continued talking ... YEY! I figured out his name!!! WOOHOO!! Mokuba it is!!!
 
“And of course me too. If you didn't help him to the exit, I would probably be still searching for him now.”
 
“emmm... but I didn't help much back there. I only helped him the other side of the hall, and in the end it was the wrong direction!”
 
“Mokuba told me you fight a boy who hurt him. I don't know how you call something like that, but I call those actions helpings.”
 
“Ooh ... well, I guess anyone would've done such thing. Though I was doing wrong to actually fight Jo- that kid.” I think it was better for me not to tell I knew Jou.
 
# And about your promise about never breaking a promise. Did you forget it already, baka?! #
 
-Iie, Bakura. I don't lie, and I don't twist truth. I just don't want Jou to get into troubles!-
 
# Alright then. Luckily you can make excuses very easy ... but I forgive you, though I don't see why you would protect Jou! # He snorted, but remained silent as the older Kaiba continued speaking.
 
“Probably, but you DID something, so I really appreciate it!” Mokuba was now hugging his big brother, while constantly nudging his ribs.
 
“Ooh... well, thanks for the thanks.”
 
“But as much as I like to shatter with a nice boy like you, I have to return to the company ... ooh wait a second -he immediately grabbed a bag and gave it to me- here is some present from me to you. And Mokie says `bye' too.” He motioned Mokuba to say `bye' to me, but Mokuba was busier with trying to get the package I received a minute ago.
 
“Gomen nasai for Mokuba. He's just a little bit excited from earlier events. Anyway, perhaps we'll meet again, someday. Until then, bye-bye!” He turned around, while Mokuba waved at me, and also turned around, running back to his big brother, and both of them step into the car at the same time. The two scary men closed the door behind them, and stepped also stepped in.
 
When the car drove off, I heard Mokuba yelled `BYE!' into my direction. I smiled at the disappearing car, and turned around. I closed the door, and slowly walked to the stairs.
 
“I think I'll play some more in my room. Later, daddy!” And with a perfect imitated twirl -exactly copied from Bakura's one- I ran upstairs, to my room.
 
Inside my room I closed the door, and jumped on my bed. I closed my eyes, not caring Bakura already materialized and was unpacking my present.
 
All I could think was Bakura's state which was said a few hours ago `No wonder nobody wants to be your friend, you lie to every peep around here!'. Now I didn't lie anymore, I figured out Bakura was right after all.
 
The older Kaiba said `But as much as I like to shatter with a nice boy like you' ... he called me nice! I'm nice!!!! And he even didn't know me THAT well!!! All thanks to Bakura, who made me see lying isn't an option for me!
 
I sighed over-happily, but didn't look up with Bakura gasped in surprise ... I guess Kaiba's present was pretty cool.
 
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
 
Thankies:
darkest dreams: Hey thankies for your lovely review ... btw did you receive my e-mail? Since something was wrong with my e-mai box XP anyway muchos thankies and I hope you liked this chap!
SilverWing147: hey you! Thanks for your really sexy review :P you shouldn't feel sorry for anyone seeing this chap, I mean Ryou has Bakura again, Bakura was just mocking ;) and Jou ... well ... you'll find THAT out later ;) but I won't tell yet
loathed wolf spirit : Yes. My day was awesome, thanks to you and your nifty review. I hope you feel better after chap ... and you were right ... the good thing DID happen ... and now everyone's happy again