Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Promise ❯ Teenage Saga: Fly away Hope ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

28 Teenage Saga: Fly away Hope
 
oOo
 
Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh isn't mine. I do not own Ryou, Bakura, or any other characters.
oOo
NOTE: it seems that I keep on receiving less and less reviews. Please understand that reviews keep me writing and updating earlier. I really appreciate every review I receive.. hell, I enjoy any feedback at all!
 
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#* #*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
 
Night. Something I prefer very much when I'm all alone with Bakura, or when a cool movie is on the TV. But not, and I repeat NOT, when I have to join a sleepover-party at the midget's- I mean YUGI's place. Luckily Bakura was still pretty invisible for the rest of the world, so I could take him with me really easily. Of course I think Bakura merely came with me because he still had his mind set upon the golden thing Yugi carries with him.
 
Anyway, as I said before, I arrived late than planned. To be exactly 1 hour later. Heh, heh. You should have seen the face of Malik when I arrived around 8, and simply answered `I forgot the time'. Heh, heh. Oh, I'm so evil!
 
Too bad the rest of the Yugi-quad didn't mind it very much. With the squad I mean almost the whole class. Yugi, Yami, Jou, Anzu, Tristan, Otogi, Miho, Malik and Marik. Though it was very strange Seto wasn't invited. I guess they aren't real friends with Seto.
 
Currently everyone was watching TV, while I sat in the kitchen reading a book. I guess I'm just not such a group-peep. And they just don't bother to ask me to join them to watch a dump talk show or whatever they're looking. It wasn't `Underway to Golden Times', so I wouldn't join them.
 
“Ry! Come on over here! Today's special documentary is about to begin! You'll miss the beginning if you don't hurry!” I suddenly heard Malik yell from out of the living room. Oh great, the joy. Feel my sarcasm.
 
# Koi, just GO to the living room! I'll make sure Malik can't mess with you once more ... and I wanna know what's on the TV! # I heard Bakura pout through our link, while I felt a soft tug at my arm. Ah, and how do you think I could resist that? Impossible!
 
“Okay.” I give in, mumbling it to Bakura. But it seemed that luck wasn't at my side today, because I suddenly heard a high-pitched scream, and Malik dashed through the kitchen, only to stop a few feet in front of me. Damn. Why must he hear everything I say to Bakura?!
 
“Cool you wanna join us, Ry! Now come-on don't be slow, cuz tonight's thing is Jou's favorite show! And after the documentary comes a sweet romantic movie if you prefer that too ... but we can always play games too!” Malik rambled on, while grabbing my arm and roughly dragging me toward the living room. If looks could kill, Malik would be dead as hell now. I could practically FEEL Bakura's eyes pierce right through Malik's head, waiting for an opportunity to kill him `accidentally'. Riiiiight.
 
When I, Malik and Bakura entered the living room, I saw the rest of the squad already looking at me. What a delight. I feel so popular. Just like a little fox, who is being hunt down by a bunch of wolves, while knowing the fox can never escape them.
 
# Ryou-chan ... I'm here, so things won't be THAT bad, okay? # Bakura mentally calmed me down, while giving me a mental hug, since in reality he couldn't because Malik was literally clinging on me.
 
“Glad you wanted to join us, Ryou! We were about to do a game, until the cooler part of tonight's documentary begins. Wanna play with us?” Jou asked me, grinning madly at me and Malik. I felt Malik grabbing my hand and swinging it back and forth while chirping he would love it if I would play with them for a while, and he would behave this time. Once again I could literally FEEL Bakura's energy rise, as his hands make a fist, ready to punch the chirping and hyper blonde clinging on me.
 
“Well ... depends what game you're hinting at ...” I nervously answered back, already thinking this was an improvement for me, because I said at least SOMETHING back. See, positive thinking!
 
“COOL!” Yugi appeared from god-knows-where in front of me, and pulled me toward the rest of the group. Everyone had a it's-just-because-Yugi-blackmailed-us-else-I-wouldn't-have-smiled-at-you smile plastered on his or her face, while I sat down between the two most innocent looking peeps, having `unfortunately' no space left for Malik to sit down next to me. I think they were called Miho and Otogi. By the way, I still dislike them all. I just dislike Malik more than the rest of the squad because he dared to hug me in front of my sweet boyfriend.
 
“But where can I sit now?” I heard Malik whine, while pouting enormously when Marik grinned arrogantly and pointed at the space next to Yugi. Heh, heh. Joy.
 
“Good. Now, Ryou. We mostly play Truth or Dare when we're all together, and since we don't you and you don't know us, I suggest that's a good game to do. We can learn about each other this way. Okay?” Oh fuck. I can already guess what they're pointing at. They must have already planned to ask ME all kinds of questions ... although ... hmm, there were still things I wanted to know ... hmmm ...
 
“If I can refuse certain questions, I guess it's okay to me.” I answered, already thinking I would refuse all question if I had the chance.
 
“Sounds okay to me. We have also some private thing we don't like to speak of. Guess that'll make us even then.” Yami spoke up. I think I heard him for the very first time this day. He must be a silent type. Heh, heh. Sarcasm.
 
“I START!!!” Yugi immediately cheered, while grabbing a bottle from behind him ... no I was not going to ask where the bottle came from. Scary.
 
“Oh Ryou, we use a bottle. Whoever spins, has to ask that person a question or dares him or her to do something. Nothing with sex by the way. Then that person spins the bottle after answering the question or doing whatever is asked, and has to ask that person a question or dare. Okay? Then I go first!” Yugi sounded pretty hyper while drumming up all the info, and turning the bottle in the mean time. Great. Though there wasn't a huge chance I would get a turn, I just KNEW this wasn't going to be cool.
 
“Malik! I got you! Truth or dare?” Yugi chirped, while bouncing happily up and down. He must have forgotten to take his pills again. Heh, heh. Sarcasm again.
 
“I'll begin with truth.” Malik replied, while smiling cockily. As if picking `truth' is so `cool'!
 
“Emmm Malik ... What do you like better, Domino or Egypt?” Well, I think Yugi wasn't prepared at questioning Malik something, cuz it was pretty dumb ask a thing like this in a game!
 
“Domino is my home, Egypt is where my heart lies. I think I'll go back someday, but not soon anyway. Now my turn!” Malik turned the bottle excitingly, eying me in the same time. Great. Now see if luck was my side today.
 
“Ry! I got you! Truth or dare?” Oh great. God must hate me. But lucky me has another plan, to omit all questions about my past and present and future.
 
“Dare.” I simply said, smiling a bit cockily. Hah, in your face! No tricky question, no embarrassing making answers! Hahah.
 
“Kiss me.” ... what?
 
“Hell no!” I screamed, before I figured out this wasn't supposed to come out in the first place. Damn.
 
“Ryou is right, Malik! No sexual thingies we said!” Yugi agreed, sounding more childish than I imagined him to be. Oh boy.
 
“It's either that or a truth-question, Ry!” Malik was trying hard to persuade me ... and DAMN! It worked!
 
“I guess I'll pick truth then.” I agreed with, before Bakura could eventually take over my body and tackle Malik. Heh, heh. Though I wouldn't have such big problems with that. Heh, heh.
 
“Alright then! Ryou ... I have been wondering this from the very first moment you said you were hiding something ...” Oh fuck! He didn't recognize me or what, did he? If that's true, I might as well let Bakura kill him and then run again for another 2 years. Gods, I'm SO busted, “Who do you like most of us?” … what?
 
# Oh, pick me, pick me!!! # I saw Bakura wave happily, while trying to get my attention. Gods, what to say? ... Oh, gods, why do I always end up in such a mess!
 
“Well ... I ummm, I can't say that .... It's emmm, it's difficult to tell ...” I stuttered a bit, hoping Malik would pick another question for me. Gods, how pathetic I am. The kiss is more tempting now!
 
“Oh Ryou! If this is really, REALLY difficult for you to answer, I'm SURE Malik will pick another question, okay? I mean, you're new here, so we'll go easy on you. Right, Malik?” Yugi rambled on, eying Malik during his little speech. Thank god for the shrimp!
 
“Yes, please.” I added, while blinking sad eyes in Malik's direction. The gift of acting. I love that!
 
“WHAT?! No fair! Well, okay then, Ryou! I can't resist your puppy eyes, so feel lucky! Emmm ... another question ... well ... emmmm .... Oh I know one! Hahah, prepare, Ryou Bakura! Are you gay?”
 
Ohhhhh FUCK DAMNIT! Bakura!!! HELP!!!!!
 
# Just say yes! No reason denying it, and they will figure it out sooner or later anyway! And you can tell me about me too, if you wanna. I don't care … actually … I would feel kinda special if you'd mention me #
 
O my god! Bakura is SO sweet, isn't he!!! … oh boy, I sound gay now. Wait. I AM gay. Hmmm, never mind it then. Oh wait, everyone's watching me … damn.
 
“Hello, earth to Ryou? You don't want that question either? Well then, it's the kiss, or the preference-question, the gay-question, or you can tell us, and especially me, what you know all the millennium-items. Your choice!” Malik suddenly spoke up, confusing me even more. Can't they just leave me thinking for a few seconds more? Oh fuck… well I guess I'll just answer them all, right, `Kura?
 
# I couldn't have come to that conclusion, my Ryou-chan. Well, go on, and tell them about me! # Okay!!! Here goes!! If everything goes wrong, Bakura can always kill them all, and I'm used to running anyway. I don't mind.
 
“Well, Malik. I should add a comment first. According to my psychiatrist I'm completely normal.” Heh, heh. Always wanted to say that!
 
“Kidding, guys! I was kidding … but the following thing, I DO am serious about. Okay, first question first, I guess.” I mentally smiled at Bakura, while the Yugi-squad understood this was getting pretty important and personal. Heh, heh. Oh boy. How right they are!
 
“Well, I do have a preference about a certain someone here in this circle, and that will immediately answer the second and last question. His name is Bakura, and he's my best friend, and my boyfriend.” Yes, their eyes were about to pop out, but I wasn't finished yet! Hahah, I guess Malik will never hug me again after this speech!
 
“Bakura? But Ryou, that's your surname … and I don't see anyone else besides us all!” Honda spoke up. Gods, I still hate the guy, though it's really childish … but that's not something to mention now, isn't it?!
 
“Oh, but you don't see him! You see, he's invisible for the rest of the world! Only I can see Bakura! He looks just like me, except that he's a bit taller and older, and his hair is a little bit sharper than mine. And he is sitting next to Jou and Yugi now, embarrassed as hell, riiiiight, `Kura?!” I smiled at him, and he stuck out his tongue at me as a response. He wouldn't talk unless they would believe me, that was for sure!
 
“Ryou, Ryou, Ryou! You must have forgotten to take your pills this morning or something along that line!! Honey, aren't you a little bit too OLD for having an imaginary friend? And the reason you're gay, is NOT a reason to lock yourself up in your own world, where you have your perfect little boyfriend!” Malik cynically answered first, while the rest was busy progressing the new info. Heh, heh. See! I AM able to tell other people my personal shit and stuff! They will only not take it too well like Malik did.
 
“Malik, I don't use drugs. Bakura came to me, not out of pity! I helped him to get used to this world, and after that he helped me with a few problems I was having at that age. And since then we're pretty much inseparable. I've known him for the most of my life, and I love him very much. He's not an imaginary friend, because when he talks, other people can hear him as well. Bakura says `a fucking curse had been laid on me when I accidentally did something bad in my youth', and since then he can't be seen except by me.” When I reached the part of the curse, I even mimicked Bakura's voice, and dramatically waved my arms in all ways just like Bakura always does, but I don't think it convinced most of the Yugi-squad. I could feel Otogi and Miho move away from next to me, leaving me sitting all by myself, a good few feet away form the rest of the circle. Oh great, so far NOT good!
 
“… Guys?” I looked at the rest, but they all seemed to have nothing more to ask, and they were backing away more and more … hmmm … BAKURA, HELP!!!
 
# Riiiiiight, and NOW you're coming back to be again! … YOU fucked it up, Ryou … I guess you will have to go for the alternative then # Hmmm, he DOES have a point there. Why tell everyone the truth, when I lie is so much easier?
 
“Guys, you can relax again. I WAS KIDDING!!!! Hahahahahahahah! I didn't know you were that easy to fool … Bakura my imaginary BOYfriend, YEAH RIGHT!” I giggled as long as I could, while making sure everyone thought I had fooled them all. Well, I guess truth was too difficult to handle, wasn't it?
 
“OMG, you had us there for a minute, Ryou!” Jou laughed while slapping my back in a friendly gesture. Heh, heh. The rest relaxed soon after that, and they settle in a normal circle once more. Well, I'm so creative. Now merely wonder how long it'll take them to believe I've actually spoken the truth!
 
“Oh, Malik, to answer your questions: I like Jou the best because he hasn't scared the living hell out of me for hugging me so soon after meeting and he's really nice, and am not gay, and I know much about the millennium-items because my dad is an archeology and told me stories about those items and stuff. You like this answer better, or should I go and make a fake story again?” I smiled as best as I could at Malik's direction, while mentally thanking Bakura for the idea of the alternative way. Thank god he's around!
 
“Well, I like that answer better, I guess,” Malik smiled back at me, while I felt the urge to hide behind Bakura again, before he suddenly spoke further, “Oh, but since you told us that story, we almost forgot Jou's show! Hurry Yami and put on the TV at channel 4!”
 
Jou's face totally lid up while he settled himself in front of the TV, the other laughing at his behavior. Soon the rest of the squad sat down next to him, even Malik!, while only Marik stayed where he was. Hmm, strange. I was more expecting Malik to stay behind with me and Bakura. Oh no wait, Bakura was sitting next to Jou now, looking really happy as he saw 2 cars chasing another.
 
“Ryou?” I suddenly heard Marik spoke up. So it WASN'T a coincidence he didn't stand up with the rest of the Yugi-squad.
 
“Yes, Marik?” I answered as polite as I could, while suddenly having the feeling Bakura was plotting once big kill-festival for killing both Ishtars. Hmmm, guess he's pretty possessive, isn't he? Heh, heh. Now THAT'S an understatement. Heh. Heh.
 
“I believe you ... and I think Malik too ... just give him some time. He's really nice once you get to know him better.” And with that Marik stood up, walked to the TV, and sat down next to Yami …
 
But emmm, what did Marik mean with the thing he just said? Does he think Bakura is indeed, REAL? Or is he too planning to hook me up with Malik? Yikes!
 
# Hikari-chan! Come-on over and see the program! The funky man said tonight's show is about a man who killed over 20 people to get free from where-ever he has been kept! And he's still free! AAAAAANNNNNDDD, it's said that certain man wants to kill money-bags!!! Cool huh! Come-on honey, and see for yourself!! # Bakura nearly chirped as worse as Yugi did when he was acting happy. I sighed softly, not wanting to get stares, before standing up and walking over to the TV.
 
“And tonight's special show is about to begin! Our special host, who claims to have seen the suspect in Japan, is sitting riiiiiiiiiiight next to me! Ladies and Gentleman, all from Domino city, I present you Weevil Underwood!” Oh claps. It's the stupid bug-guy! Grrr, I still hate him for not wanting to take a picture of me and Baku-chan!
 
“Heey Ryou! That's Weevil. Yugi and Jou both fought with him once. He is SO bad in playing Duel monsters! And he cheats!” Tristan explained to me while the rest stuck up middle-fingers -Yes, Yugi didn't. He stuck out his tongue- at the screen. Hmmm, I guess Weevil isn't popular here too.
 
“Yeah ... kinda know him.” I whispered back, but nobody actually heard it. They was once again glued to the screen, sometimes making a `tssssk'-sound, and sometimes snorting while Weevil explained how innocent and sweet the man looked, and that he nearly fell right into the man's trap, until he figured out who the man really was.
 
“And then I ran away as fast as possible, and rang the police! Unluckily the police were so damn slow, else they would have caught the murderer for sure!” Weevil cockily told the whole story, while the presenter smiled unsure. Heh, heh. Who wouldn't. Weevil was once again rambling of how great he was. Hello, over seen the laces of his shoes?? There's a damn INSECT glued on it! YUCK!!
 
“Thank you Weevil Underwood. Now, for all the people at home, if YOU have any information about the wanted murderer, you should call the number that'll appear now in the top of the screen. Any info is good. Remember this young man has killed many people, and there are still people in coma from just seeing him!” Strange. After he told that, I felt something wasn't right. I can't be ... naaaaaaahhhh!!! I don't wanna kill Seto!!! And Bakura didn't kill THAT many people, now did he? Let's see ... bunch of cops at the train-station right after I escaped Winchester ... few peeps in London ... another few here, a couple there ... oh fuck ... Bakura?!
 
# Relax. Moneybags is famous. There are more people in this world who want to kill him! No need to worry, and if it IS you, then we'll kill Yugi and co too! # I sweat dropped in response, and continued watching the show. Unconsciously I DID back away a little bit, hoping nobody would suspect me, if it WAS me, that is!
 
“I just received a call from mister Sozoji. Nothing useful is been giving as info yet. Well, I guess it's time now, riiiight Kôji?!” The presenter pointed his arm out at some other dude at the screen, who seriously looked like he was picked up from the street or something like that ... they all looked like that ... ohh wait, they're supposed top look scary, according to the TV-guide. Heh, heh. Oops.
 
“You got it! Our folks home are about to see the first reportage EVER made about the Mysterious Murderer. We did some back-ups and stuff, and we have almost he whole life written down. We even have secret letter from him to his friends at the other side of the world! And now we only need info about where he went to after the fatal accident, and what changed himself from a sweet lovely teenager to a wanted murderer, wanted in over 25 countries! People at home, I present you, file RB::”
 
Yes, my heart made a strange flip-flop. Damn ... can I run and hide, please?! I wanna get the hell outta here, and hide another 2 years! Fuck sleep-over parties, I wanna go to my house and pretend NOTHING happened!! BAKURA!!!!!
 
# Ryou-chan, STAY! If you run now, they'll immediately call the cops! Listen, it can always be someone else, can't it?! And if you run away now, I can't kill them anymore! And that'll mean Malik and Yugi will stay alive and well!! And you can NEVER be safe again! # Bakura dramatically spoke to me, while trying not to wave as much as he usually does, because else Jou or Anzu would be hit.
 
“Ry, come-on and sit here! I saved you a spot!” I heard Malik happily cheer into my direction, before Jou screamed out loud cuz Malik was interrupting the personal information about person RB -my ass with `another person', it must be Ryou Bakura!!- and now Jou had already missed the person's date of birth, town of birth and age. They would wait with RB's name until the end of the show, because of some reason I couldn't hear ... O my god. Lucky, LUCKY me! There IS a god. Woohoo.
 
“SHUT UP, ISHTAR!!!” Jou screamed at Malik, before turning his eyes back at the screen, not wanting to miss more. Gods, is he so fond of these kinds of shows, or does he merely wants to know what `murderer' wants to kill Seto so he can pick on him more?
 
“After a short period of sic happy years his mother died, and that's where all the problems began.” The presenter happily showed the people at home an old picture of my old -and current ... of fuck!- home, while smiling as brightly as he could. Damn him, I was not someone to smile at! Damn this stupid show, cuz I never intended to kill anybody, but just killed them anyway else I would have to go back to Winchester again. Damn Jou, who wanted to see this show! And Damn Malik, who keeps on pointing at a free spot next to him, smiling just as happy as the presenter on the TV. Gods, I'm going insane.
 
# Ry-chan ... perhaps you should home now ... # I heard Bakura softly whisper to me, while looking at me with big scared eyes. Heh, heh. Now looks who's the scared one! Hahah, now I need a camera. Oh, no wait ... I think I need to run. Yes, that's a better idea.
 
“After a short period of recovering, he began to become violent. At the yearly Duel Monster's tournament he even beat up a kid from his own age, because he was inclined to `save' another boy. And THAT in the middle of tons of dueling people. It got only worse after that.” Oh fuck. Oh fuck. OOH FUCK! I'm so busted. Can't anyone please turn the TV off?
 
“Ry!!!! Heeeerrrreeee!!!!” Malik kept on whispering as a mantra, while pointing with his tanned fingers at the spot next to him, while looking half to the screen, half to me. Jou, on the other hand, kept on growling softly, not wanted to get another interruption from his beloved show, but was about to yell once again at Malik for being so annoying. The rest didn't have a clue what was going on, and kept on watching TV, and sometimes shuddering at the thought RB -that would be me. No doubt about it- was really evil and stuff. Oh no wait. Marik wasn't totally looking at the screen. He kept on giving stares at me and Malik, while watching the show. When a random photo -strange, but none were there with my face on it ... hope they don't have my face ... ... who am I trying to fool?!- appeared in the screen, he studied it carefully, before looking from Malik to me once more.
 
“A few days later he even attacked his teacher, because he acclaimed she was abusive. He and the rest of the class got away with it, but the true story is still not known.” Then, as if God decided it would be fun to pick on me, the photo of the newspaper the day after the day I attacked Izumi. Oh fuck. I looked so ... tiny! Almost not to be seen ... wait ... you couldn't see my properly. YAY!!!
 
You see, after the day my and Jou attacked Izumi, it was the biggest news all over Domino-city. It even got on the front page of the newspapers! The picture what was shown was cut in 2. At the left side you could see Izumi looking her usually sour way, in a jail suit -hahah!-, while at the other side stood our class. Me and Jou were in front of the class, holding each others hands to confirm we were friends, but since I was so tiny, and was wearing a waistcoat with hat on, you couldn't really identify it was me. HUZA for my waistcoat!! And the hat of my waistcoat!! YAAAAYYY!!! Perhaps god isn't as unfriendly as he appeared to be a minute ago!
 
“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!&# 8221; Jou suddenly shrieked, before falling off his chair, looking confused as hell ... wait ... didn't he remember that day anymore?
 
“Jou? Are you okay?!” Yami looked very concerned to Jou, while almost everybody moved over to his side, to check on him. Bakura immediately stood up and wiggled himself out of them all, trying not to be touched so someone would figure out he WAS real.
 
“THAT'S ME!!” Jou screamed some more, before sitting up straight and pointing out at the screen at the little chibi-Jou. Hmmm, I guess he forgot it a little bit, didn't he? Heh, heh. Slight sarcasm only.
 
“I ... I ... but I don't remember!! ... Did I honestly share a class with that murderer?! OMG!! SCARY!” Jou rambled on, not caring on missing more information about the rest of my past ... well, it was a little bit too strange nobody had found out it was me by now. I mean, you could clearly see so many things that pointed directly to me!
 
“His father and him moved out of Japan, and he was put on `Winchester', located in England. Here, he seemed to calm down once again. He got used to England pretty fast, and he was a wonderful student according to his teachers. Since he has an IQ over 140, he was able to learn very easily, and therefore he was distracted in almost every lesson. Classmates said he was pretty strange and they were scared to befriend him. They say he was always alone, talking to himself, and looking pretty scary.” Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And Bakura is actually straight ... gods, how untrue can sources be?!
 
“But it can't be me! I ... I can't remember anything about my youth in that direction .. only Hirutani and Tristan ... stuff like that ... gods, I was even holding HANDS with that boy!” Jou kept on rambling, completely forgotten the rest of the world. Well, so much for him already.
 
“He stayed at Winchester until he was 15. Then one night, exactly the night after his dad send him a present from his home in Japan, he escaped. His roommate said it was like he couldn't face RB directly that night, and some strange glow was hanging over him. Bandit Keith was sure RB had already planned a whole tactic to escape Winchester. That seemed to be true, because the night RB escaped, he had a great tactic to dodge most police-men. He was really clever, and he fooled them all. But when they finally surrounded him, something strange happened, and somehow he killed them all. Doctors say it's a rare kind of heart-attack, others say they were only put in coma somehow, but most people believe they were simply killed.”
 
“Jou, are you sure? It could have simply been someone else!” Anzu tried to stay realistic, but couldn't stop Jou's whimpers.
 
“He escaped to London, and in order to get all money from his bank-account back, he killed 2 more people. He escaped to Florida then, but luckily the police found out this piece of information pretty fast, and they almost able to stop him. Later it appeared it was a false set-up, and RB actually traveled all through Europe for nearly 2 years, hiding where-ever he could, and killing innocent people who were tend to find out it was him all along.”
 
“I'm sure, Anzu! I always had this type of hair, even when I was 6! And I DO remember our class got on the front-page because of some strange event that happened in our class ... well, I guess this was the event ... oh boy ... I was holding hands with a murderer!”
 
“After about 2 years the police almost caught him in Egypt. RB was not aware he was being followed, because we never put things about him in newspapers anymore, to let him think he was forgotten. We didn't find him in the end, because he was extremely difficult to follow. We think he took a plane after a few months of hiding in Egypt, and that he returned to Japan once more.”
 
“Guys ... he isn't coming for me, is he? ... heh, heh ... oh boy ... BUT IN THE TV-GUIDE STOOD HE WAS AFTER MONEYBAGS!!” Jou screamed out loud, whimpering while he spoke, as his eyes were glued at the screen once more.
 
“After a big investigation, it is almost sure he is in Domino-city once again. We checked his house already more than twice, but no life-forms were discovered yet. We haven't found any current data yet, but perhaps the people at home in Domino have seen him walking somewhere. He is always alone, and he mostly wears a bandana or cap to hide his unusual hair. Now to RB's father, who will tell his story from the beginning. He was one of the few people who lived after meeting and knowing RB.”
 
“Guys, help me!! RB can be coming after me!! Though I don't think it would be different than with facing Marik and Malik, this guy still gives me the creeps! I mean ... he could be somewhere around this house! Or at our school!” Jou couldn't stop talking, while pouting enormously. Damn, now hope the show won't have pictures of me ... oh gods, this is bad. And now, now I'm gonna see my dad talking nonsense over me! After all those years not facing my dad ... I wanna leave. NOW!
 
# Use the bathroom, then flee and run home #
 
“Guys ... I need to pee ... hold on, okay?” I said, not talking loud so Jou could hear everything that was said. I got a few nods, and I was about to walk away from my hell, until I suddenly saw my dad appearing on the screen, looking so much older than how I know him, before he started to speak. Oh boy. I think I'm going weak in my knees now!
 
“My son was a real sweet and lovable little boy, who was pretty quiet. He never had many friends, and even made up huge stories about friend he imagined to have, just because he always felt a little bit lonely. When he was 6, I guess he started to change slowly. He didn't learn much at school anymore, and he always locked himself from the outside world, and only watched TV, from the early morning to the late evening. He even watched soaps those days. When my wife, who died a few days later, and I decided to give him a little game of Duel Monsters and a dream catcher, he changed forever.”
 
I shook my head a bit, before backing away a little bit more, eyes still fixed on the TV. Gods, though I hate my father, I still miss him after so many years of hiding. He looks so old and worried now. If only he knew why I did all this.
 
“It wasn't a slow change. It happened so fast, my wife and I didn't know what to do about it. We always thought we raised him well, but somehow he suddenly began to have a potty mouth, and he didn't look TV anymore that often. He also knew how to play Duel Monsters as one of the best. Hell, his baby-sitter even acclaimed he almost beat Pegasus, the inventor of Duel Monsters, in a duel, but he ended it half-way-down, just because he had other things to do. It was nothing for him to win a game, and I'm sure that he would have been one of the top-duelists in Domino if he didn't go the wrong way back then.”
 
O my god. O my god. O my god. Hit me if I'm going to cry, would you Baku?!
 
“Hahah! Riiiiiiight. That RB-boy can never beat Yami, riiiight Yami?! ... Though ... I wonder ... perhaps RB has also a millennium-item? That would explain a lot, wouldn't it?!” Yugi smiled silly at his friends, while the rest grinned at the thought. Oh, how right Yugi was!
 
“He even made real friends during those days. One kid, who I don't know the name if, was a street-kid. They played together for a while, and one of the two came oven down with the idea to attack and beat up their teacher, because she was extremely abusive to her students. The other one, the oldest Kaiba, was another case. Complete the opposite from the street-kid. That Kaiba-kid was gently, and really nice. Even gave my son a present for some reason that wasn't clear to me. After my son left for Winchester, both never spoke to him again. We never had much contact then.”
 
Gods, I'm SO going to cry! Though I was still standing behind the Yugi-squad, I could see my daddy perfect. Would he be worried over me? I mean, I have been bad since I met Bakura. But I think it was `bad' in a good way.
 
“After a period of nearly 9 years, I suddenly got a messy little letter from Japan. One of his friends wanted me to give him back his cards and his dream catcher. I was so happy he still got friends in Japan, I got back there and send my son his belongings. That was a huge mistake, because since he got that back, he escaped Winchester one night after he received his package, and that was also his first time he began to kill police-men. Since then I never saw him again, except his face on the news every now and then.”
 
Well, same goes for me, dear dad! I haven't seen YOUR face as well for all those years!
 
“Thank you very much for your story, sir. Now, I just heard from mister Sozoji I still haven't had any calls for information about RB yet. Then we'll continue with a little peek inside RB's life for real. We collected some materials here and there, and we came down with the following picture of RB. Remember that we PURPOSELY haven't shown his face yet. We have had many people who met him before without knowing, and some have had heart-attacks. Please take this warning serious. He MAY look completely innocent and nice, he is wanted in over 25 countries in this world!”
 
Oh fuck! Pictures?! Fuck, fuck, FUCK! I have to leave!! NOW!
 
I slowly took one pass to the door, but was rudely interrupted by Yugi. Damn him!
 
“Ryou, if you feel not so well, there's no need to go away from your fears. Now go and sit with me on the couch for a while! I'm sure the pictures aren't THAT scary to look at, now are they? Here -Yugi pushed me over to the couch and put me on a pillow- you sit here and watch the TV. I'm gonna sit next to you, and if you're scared, just close your eyes and I'll hold your hand! It works with me though!” Yugi happily sat down next to me, while I could feel Malik's eyes prick into my sides, while Bakura's eyes big bigger and bigger by the minute. Well, mine got bigger too. I'm really scared. Not for my baby-pictures, but more of the reaction they'll give me.
 
“Yugi ... I'm feeling sick ... I-I really need to use the bathroom...” I tried to stand up but Yugi obviously didn't fall for my little excuse.
 
“You don't look pale. You look more red than pale. You're just nervous. You won't go anywhere until you've seen RB for real. Then you'll know there's nothing to fear, and everyone will be happy!” Yugi kept on rambling, but didn't notice the silence in front of us. Everyone was looking at the TV, so nobody was actually paying attention to us anymore. Nopes. I guess they like my pics very much. When Yugi turned his face to the telly once more, his smile immediately faded, and while his mouth opened to grasp, his pupils became smaller and smaller by the second. Well ... I'm not that bad to look at, now am I?
 
Oh lookie-lookie! There's one of my favorites. Me and my mommy in our garden. And ohhhh, that was is from Christmas that year, me holding my deck. Heh, heh. And that's me at Winchester, Keith standing next to me. Gods, he even looked scary back then!
 
When a few minutes were over, and almost all photos were over, they suddenly turned on a little movie my dad made with a camcorder. The presented made a short comment that this was taped before I changed. I was squealing happily, while my mother was trying to get a hold of me. No luck of course.
 
“Daddy, is it on? The red light, is it on? Well, is it on?” I heard chibi-me chirp into the camera, while bouncing up and down. My mother, still alive on that day, grabbed my arms gently and tried to calm me down.
 
“Oh, there's the red light! It's on! YAAY!! Can I talk now?” The camera nodded in response, and I made a wave. You could easily see it was that certain Christmas-morning. The presents still unpacked. Bakura still unknown for me. Gods, how naive I was back then. And a few hours later ... I was the one I still am!
 
“Okies then. Well, I'm Ryou Bakura, 6 years old - I hold up 6 little fingers- and it's Christmas!! And we got this much presents -I made a wave to show how much gifts we got- from Santa-Claus, and 2 are from daddy from Egypt! And there are Mummies!!! And they're SCARY!! Yes, yes! But now Daddy is here again! With me and mommy. But my sister isn't here, cuz she's an angel now! But daddy is here! And I ate pancakes this morning! And I watched TV! That's cooooooooooool!” Chibi-me rambled on, while still bouncing a little bit. I could see my mother holding me with no luck. Guess I was really excited because of all my pretty gifts back then.
 
“And the presents are cool. And daddy has also 2 presents for me, but they are THIS big! -I made a wave with my arms, dramatically making the presents look like huge pillows instead of little cards and stuff- And ummm... I'm done telling now, daddy.” I nodded furiously, while smiling right after that, like there was no tomorrow.
 
Suddenly the presented came into the screen again, but before everybody could turn around and face me, to see it WAS really me that was `RB', another piece of dad's camcorder was played, This time a short period after I got my ring.
 
“It's on, right?” I was once again bouncing up and down, while I could see a slight movement as reflection in the window behind chibi me. That meant Bakura was somewhere in that room too. Oh boy. When I felt Bakura returning to the Ring, while shaking uncontrollably, I felt a little bit guilt. After all, I was the one who dragged us both to this place!
 
“Yes, Ryou. Now tell us what you got Christmas.” My dad said. I snickered, while grabbing something next to me and showed it to the camera.
 
“THIS! It's Duel Monsters! And I beat you this morning! Hahah! Silly daddy, I beat you! And I got a cool book, and a PJ, aaaaaaaaaaannnndddd the ring!”
 
“The Ring? Hahah, It's a dream catcher, son.”
 
“Now, now, daddy. Don't be silly. I know this better than you, cuz I heard this from my bestest best friend. He said it's a ring! And I am the owner now!” I smiled widely at the camera, but suddenly I fell on the floor, laughing real hard. At least, that's what the Yugi-squad would be seeing. In real, that was the precise moment I could see Bakura whisper a faint `is NOT!' while tackling me before tickling me playfully.
 
I smiled knowingly, before the tape suddenly stopped and the presenter was seen on the screen once more. Oh boy. Not a mere second after that, I finally became aware of my situation. Yugi was holding my hand now, and I must say he certainly has a firm grip, while the rest turned around, looking me in my eyes, almost demanding an answer.
 
Inside me, I felt Bakura feel even worse than me. Oh poor baby. He must think it's his fault. Well, this time ... I should handle the situation. No more killing!
 
“I-I ... I” I began, before also becoming aware of my noise what has disappeared almost completely. Damn my voice. Well ... then I guess it'll be a run and hide once more.
 
“I'm sorry.” I stated, before pushing Yugi's hands of my own, standing up and fleeing away. I ran to the hallway, grabbed the nearest jacket -dunno from who it was but he or she won't see their jacket back anymore, just like me!- before opening the door and running outside, into the cold night.
 
“Bakura, I need you. Run for me!” I panted as I began to run, and soon I felt Bakura take over my body, running much and much faster than I ever would. He ran, ran, and ran some more. Street in, street out. Traffic light. Dodged a few cars. Jumped over bushes, dodged crowded and light areas. Gods, he's so good in this! They'll never find me!
 
-Bakura ... you can stop now- I said to him, and I immediately felt Bakura give me my body back. Heh, heh. A few years ago that was pretty different. Now I can even ask it him without getting snapped at.
 
“Bakura, come-on. I know this place. We aren't so far from home. Let's go home, sleep, and leave in the early morning. Then we can travel to America, or Africa. I dunno. I love this place, but the people here don't love me.” I spoke as happy as I could, before I felt Bakura mentally hug me.
 
# Gomen ... I should have seen the danger earlier. But you did really great back there! # Bakura answered me, though he didn't appear next to me. Well, perhaps he's only a bit sad.
 
“Bakura, cheer up! You didn't do something wrong. I'm slight paranoia, that's why I didn't trust that show in the beginning!” I jumped up and down, before crossing an empty street. We were now somewhere in the neighborhood of where Jou lived ... or used to live... I dunno, since I only know he lived here more than 10 years ago.
 
# Easy for you to say ... if we left back then, you wouldn't have to face your parents again. I could feel how difficult it was for you to see their faces again, even if their faces were from over 10 years ago #
 
“Bakura ... I would have more troubles not seeing you than my parents ... I love you, you know that?” I whispered, while crossing another street. Almost at the main street, so almost home. Just a few more streets, then I would be home again. Alive and with my Baku-chan.
 
# Sorry. I just feel awful I didn't' see it immediately. Perhaps they have already called the cops! We should leave right away, koi. If they called the cops already, it would be stupid to sleep in your home one more night. And we had a great time here, hadn't we? We'll come back later though # Bakura's soothing voice made me calm down completely. Heck, I even smiled, before I turned the corner.
 
...
 
Bad choice.
 
“RYOU!” I heard somebody yell for me. Yugi? Or Malik? I dunno, but I did know I had to run again. I didn't want to get caught. Not after all I've been through. Not after everything WE've been through. Bakura and I have had SO many problems. I just wanna have peace. And once I thought I found it, it was snatched away by someone who acclaimed to know me as a murderer. Hello, Bakura merely killed those people to help me! That's the sweetest thing anybody ever done to me! Perhaps a little bit barbaric, but I don't care anymore.
 
I ran, until I saw the familiar traffic-light. Just one more street, than ran a few miles, and then I would be home again.
 
“RY! WAIT UP!” The voice was coming closer, so I sped up a little. Now my heart was pounding in my throat. Bakura was checking the area, but didn't say anything, so I guess I was safe. Heh, heh. Save. Tssss. Stupid word. I've never BEEN save! From the moment I found Bakura, my life hasn't been safe anymore. Well, I choose for that option. And I'm proud of it!
 
One more light. Well, luckily it was green.
 
When I heard the voice behind me scream my name once more, I tried to speed up some more, but because I was so clumsy, I tripped over my own leg, and fell on the pavement. Oh fuck!
 
# RY!! THEY'RE COMING! # I heard Bakura frantically yell inside my mind, before appearing next to me, and helping me up. I nodded, while beginning to run again. Bakura followed me suit, but suddenly stopped as I tried to cross the street. Well, not stopping now! After all I've been through, after all I've done, I won't stop, just because the Yugi-squad is faster than me! I have Bakura, my very bestest best friend, my boyfriend, my lover. My everything! Without him I would literally not be the one I'm now. I would still be a nobody, instead of a wanted RB-dude, wanted in over 25 countries.
 
Bakura is so great. He used to be my big idol, I wanted to be like him. He was cool, and dared to do everything I didn't dare. Bakura had no weakness, though he acclaimed I was his weakness. He was so great and perfect in my eyes, I couldn't help but agree with everything he wanted to do.
 
Later that didn't change much. I merely fell in love with him. I didn't want to become just like him anymore, because I knew I would never be Bakura. I'm Ryou. That's something that took me pretty long to figure out. Luckily Bakura helped me. He always helped me. When it was needed or not. He was always there for me. So I guess thanks to him, I become what I am today. Happy. I'm so happy all the time. I can do whatever I want, without someone to look at me in the `ohhhh, what are YOU stuuupid'-way. Bakura loves the real me, and I'm so lucky to have someone like me.
 
I guess it was that reason I sped up some more. If I would run really fast to my home, then lock myself up, then grab my stuff, nobody would see me leaving. And if they would, I would make sure Bakura would get them!
 
This time I wouldn't screw up.
 
“RRRRRYYYYYOOOOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!” A loud yell helped me to free myself from my thoughts again. Strange, but that voice was coming from a few feet behind me. I was about to look around, before the most impossible thing happened.
 
I felt someone tackle the back of my body really hard, so I tripped over my clumsy feet once more and fell on the cold and hard street. I felt my legs hit the street in a loud smack, and if I would have time to think, I would possibly wonder how one earth I got so clumsy lately. But faith seemed too cruel, and I don't think I'll ever wonder about it for a while.
 
Immediately after I could possibly register what happened I could hear the most sickening crack from behind me, and a loud crash. I wanted to look up, curious, yet frightened about what just happened. Suddenly I heard a loud scream, furious honking, then nothing. Absolutely nothing. I think it all happened to fast for getting registered in my mind.
 
First, I was blinded by the brightest light I've ever seen. I squeezed my eyes shut in a fraction, but not even the fraction was fast enough for what happened next.
 
A few milliseconds later a giant explosion was heard. I wanted to reach out for my ears, cover them, ANYTHING, just to make the horrible and loud sound disappear, but it seemed that everything happened so fast, it was already gone before I could give act to my word.
 
Next thing I knew, I felt thousands and thousands pieces of glass flew everywhere and I fell lots them pierce right into my bare, poorly covered by little clothes, way to thin to actually stop anything sharp, skin.
 
Finally I got myself so far to actually move my hands as fast as possible, trying to cover my ears, but it was unsuccessful, as I felt my hands cover my sticky hair, full of sharp objects. I tried to hiss, but the situation got even worse. I got covered in pieces of metal, and other heavy stuff, from what I didn't know what it came from.
 
Last, I felt the temperature rise, A boiling feeling surrounded me, hugged me, and I breathed harsh in and out, not succeeding completely, because the air had gotten thinner and thinner at the minute. It was like I was put into an oven, like a little stupid unbaked bread. I really feel sorry for bread now.
 
The bad thing from all this was I couldn't possibly see what was going on, since it all happened so fast. And there was smoke. Lots and lots of smoke. A big, cloudy black haze surrounded me, giving my no option to look straight anymore. I felt my eyes water more and more because of the wind that now escaped from behind me, as it blew only more and more smoke directly to me, licking my wounds, petting my hair and making myself curl up to a ball, trying to hide from whatever was happening. I painfully blinked a few times, when some glass hit my eyes, but my hands were still even worse than my eyes. I felt them sting even more, since there were so many pieces of glass in them, I almost screamed out loud by moving them to my eyes. I opened my eyes, and besides my limited sight, I could clearly see my hands were drained by my own blood.
 
When the smoke got thinner, I thought this was finally over. I wanted iodine. I wanted medicine. Drugs. ANYTHING! To stop this pain! I looked up, blinking a few times. Though the smoke got thinner, I could still not estimate anything more than myself, covered in glass, blood, and dirt.
 
I let my painful hands drop, while trying to stand up. Somebody must look at me right now! Too bad I was so weak in my knees, so I immediately fell down again. I fell really painfully as I landed right on my left side, immediately going limp. Hot and sharp pieces of metal had burned by skin, and I was ready to drop unconscious by all the pain I was feeling. I could feel uncountable little spots began to hurt and possibly even bleed as FINALLY the shock was setting in ... what the fuck happened?
 
“O MY GOD!! RYOU!!” I heard voices from a distance away as I tried to sit up straight once more. This time it worked. I pulled a big piece of metal off me, and threw it next to me, into the thick layer of smoke. It disappeared immediately out of my sight. There was still much smoke, but I could estimate some light again. Car-lights, street-lights, trafficli-.....
 
O my ... o my god ... O fuck .... it-it t-turned re-red ... red .... wh-when d ... d-did it- ... and h-how- ..... RED ....... !!!!!
 
“B-BAKURA?!” I yelled, as I registered was happened. He didn't'- ... no he couldn't! He WOULDN'T ... he ... he shouldn't .... he ... can't be ...
 
“Bakura?!” I yelled a little bit softer, because the smoke was damaging my longs badly. Well, fuck my longs, Bakura was ... no ... he couldn't be!! He's a spirit ... he's not real ... he can't be ...
 
“RYOU?! OI, GUYS, HERE'S HERE!” I could here some person yell like crazy from the distance, but all I could do was concentrate on the traffic-light. When did that happened?! Last time I checked it, it was completely green ... oh wait ... that would be ages ago. Fuck me. I was too slow ... but what happened?? ... and why wasn't Bakura responding?! Was he out there, in the smoke? ... was it a ... car-crash?? ... no ... NO! THAT COULDN'T BE!!!!!
 
“BAAAAAKKKUURRRAAAAA!!!!!!” I screamed over the top of my lungs, before falling down for the second time here, couching like madly. Damn smoke. Damn ME! ...
 
But if I landed here ... where are the cars then ... oh boy ...
 
I looked behind me, and saw more and more smoke. I smelled burned glass, burned metal, burned FLESH. Damn ... well, here goes nothing! Bakura isn't in his Ring, so he might be the one calling me... I still feel him around here somewhere, so he can't be dead! NO! Not my Bakura! He's a spirit, and spirits are TECHNICALLY dead, so he can't be ... can't ... Damn, well one way to make sure I'm right! And I just HAVE to be right! Bakura is strong! He wouldn't cross a street while I car was reproaching. I'm stupid, but he isn't! He's really smart! And he just can't ... not after everything what we have been through!
 
I sighed softly, before ripping a little piece of the jacket I stole from Yugi's house. I wouldn't keep it anyway. It was pink, for goodness sake! Stab me if this wasn't Anzu's or Miho's one! Anyway, I held it in front of my mouth, before trying to stand up. I fell down immediately after that try. My whole body was aching too much for possibly stand up.
 
So I did what Bakura would do in these kind of hopeless and painful situations. Crawl, that is.
 
I crawled a bit, but found out that wasn't a good idea, because the ground was filled with glass and ... blood? Wow, I must be bleeding very much. Or .... did the accident was too much for the drivers? Oh gods! Was I the CAUSE of this all?! Just because the Yugi-squad insisted me to come over to their place! Life can be so cruel and unfair. And life hates me. Loathes stupid me. Ouch. Another big piece of glass.
 
“BAKURA!!!!!” I heard somebody yell once more at me, and I immediately knew it wasn't Bakura himself. He would only call me `Ryou' and something behind that. Feel my bitterness. Hope has nearly flown away, but I won't give up! He can't just be.... HE CAN'T, DAMNIT!!!
 
“Ba.... Baku ...” I whispered softly, trying not to inhale too much smoke. The jacket wasn't working well as a cover-up for my mouth and nose, but it helped a bit I think.
 
Why was faith so cruel? Why didn't the cars make a loop and nobody got hurt? I mean, you always see in action-films the hero is not hurt except for the bad guys. And I'm not that bad, now am I? Hmmm, I think I'm trailing off again ... Bakura, right. Have ... ouch ... have to find him!
 
I don't think I was progressing fast. I crawled a feet .... no, even less. The smoke has gotten thinner now. I could see it. Oh yes, I could finally see. And suddenly I strongly wished, I hadn't seen.
 
5 cars, all totally broken. 3 of them in fire, 2 molested and now as flat that it wasn't normal anymore. I could see people coming out their houses to watch the accident and its results, as I also head sirens from far away ... wait ... every sound I heard was getting softer and softer. Oh shit, I'm not gonna stay conscious for long anymore! Well, then I guess this is the moment.
 
I winced and nearly dropped unconscious as I stood up, my arms hanging lifeless on both sides of me. I couldn't move them much, because I knew this pain was getting too much. Once again I killed another bunch of innocent people. Oh no wait, minus 2. I could see two, also in pain, peeps standing next to their cars, more concerned about the wellbeing of the rest of the people around them than worrying about finding the cause of the problem. Me.
 
Now that I looked more carefully, I could peeps surround one of the cars. No, not the one that was hit most, but some other one. Of course it was pretty damaged, but ... hello, what happened?!
 
I suddenly bumped into another piece of metal, and once again I lost my balance. I fell on the ground with a sickening thud, before shaking my head, forcing myself to stand up again. After all ... I still didn't know where Bakura was ...
 
“Young man!” When I felt strong arms around me, I instantly knew I was found. So much for me already. They would probably take me to hospital, curing me ... but what about Bakura?! They wouldn't see him! Perhaps he was hurt too! I couldn't let that happen to sweet Bakura!
 
“N-no!” I managed to breath out, before I felt more strong hands around me, letting my sore body lean into. Lucky, lucky me. These peeps probably didn't know I was `RB' ... I mean, else they wouldn't have done so nice toward me, now would they?! From all peeps I met in my life, only Bakura wanted to understand me, and wanted to be my friend. I had nothing I could give to him, yet he wanted to be my friend. I had to find him, else he would loose me! What is HE was hurt too?! What if HE was currently laying UNDER those cars?! What is HE was ... wasn't here anymore ... NO! ... nonononono, that can't be! It CANNOT be! ... oh gods, I need to know! Need to reassure myself I was the only clumsy one. I was one the only one that got caught in this accident.
 
“Young man, there's an ambulance heading this way ... hold on a little bit longer!” The person I was leaning on was still speaking to me, thinking soothing words could help me recover enough. Yeah right. Only a certain white-haired boyfriend of mine could sooth me. He HAS to be okay, he just HAS to be okay!!!
 
“W-Where's ... Bak-kura?” I asked, noticing my voice was slurring slightly. Must have been the smoke I inhaled. But I didn't mind. I felt the person next to me stir a little bit, then patting my hair softly. Oh yeah, the joy. If Bakura would okay, he would be killing this man now!
 
“Your brother? Is Bakura family?” I heard him ask me. I nodded faintly -after all, Bakura was my boyfriend, and if I would tell them he was my invisible boyfriend, they would probably label me as psycho immediately- when the person who was holding me, suddenly started to move. Damn, this hurts like hell!
 
“Ba ... Bakura ...” I whispered, making it a mantra of my own, wanting to see Bakura so badly, wanting to feel Bakura's strong arms once again around me, wanting Bakura ... wanting him to be alive. He had to be fine! He already survived like thousand's of years. Oh wouldn't it be ironic if he couldn't make it 17 years longer?!
 
When I looked up again -my eyes were still damaged badly, so it hurt like hell- I saw we weren't heading to the ambulance, but to a car. The car where so many peeps had gathered around. Oh boy ... I hope I didn't kill more peeps! And Bakura ... they couldn't see him! He still had to be somewhere around here!
 
When we got closer, I heard several peeps gasp when they saw me. Well, I was hurt ... and probably bleeding like there was no tomorrow. More arms and hands supported me, as we got closer to the car. Now I see it better -as far as my eyes would let me- the driver was probably dead. Totally burned car, still on fire a little bit.
 
When I heard a painful scream, I saw suddenly the annoying mop of tri-colored hair moving my way. Oh, the irony. Stupid Yugi. Why not Bakura?!
 
When the car was like less than a feet away, I opened my eyes fully, letting every singly emotion, feeling, and memory sink in. Not to forget this was probably the first clear moment I had since the accident happened. Too bad I was completely not prepared for what I saw at that precious moment.
 
Think of the worst memory ever. You feel like dying, because it's so bad. You want to turn back time, because you'll never forgive yourself, about how bad that moment was. Well ... this was ten times worse.
 
“Young man ... I'm sorry ...” was all I heard, before I managed to break myself free from the clutches called human being. My legs, arms, body, mind, memories, HOPE, EVERYTHING! They all sank in at that moment. First, a choked sob. Later, I couldn't make myself stop crying, screaming, shouting, cussing, begging, thinking I was the clumsiest and most stupid being alive.
 
All I could think of was the fact I was the one responsible for the bloody mess that was lying in front of that car. That bloody mess with almost no hope for living anymore. That bloody mess that once was invisible, yet somehow everybody around me was worrying and crying about. That bloody mess that once was my precious boyfriend.
 
Oh, please shoot me.