Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ On Angel's Wings! ❯ Mourning Time! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On Angel's Wings!
 
By Gogina
 
 
A/N: I've been reading fanfics where the authors refer to Yugi as an angel. Well, what if he was?
 
Disclaimer - I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh.
 
Summary - What if Yugi was an angel, sent from heaven for some special purpose? And what if he didn't know it yet? How will he and the others react?
 
Chapter 1
 
Mourning Time!
 
 
The rain surrounding them added little comfort to the mourners as they continued their trek into the cemetery. A black casket trailed in front of them, dripping with rain. Two young men followed the casket closely. One had tears in his eyes, the other, stood stock still, as if he couldn't believe this was happening. The ceremony progressed quickly and, as men and women moved on back to their cars to go home, the one man stood there, still crying as he watched his loved one lowered into the dirt.
 
“Yugi?” a soft voice asked from behind him. “Yugi, it's time to go home.”
 
Yugi Motou turned with tear-stained cheeks to face his companion and friend.
 
“Why did it have to be him, Yami?” he asked, struggling to gain control over his emotions. “He didn't deserve to die.”
 
Yami immediately wrapped his arms around his aibou, comforting him in his hour of need.
 
“No one ever truly deserves to die, Yugi,” he said, softly. “Just the fact that he loved you was enough.”
 
The tri-haired youth nodded as he took one last look at the grave, which the men were already beginning to fill, before allowing Yami to guide him towards a waiting car.
 
YGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGO
 
Yami took a deep breath as he drove away from the cemetery, Yugi sitting in the passenger seat, his head leaning against the car window as he looked outside at the now down pouring rain. Small tears still made their way into the corner's of his eyes, but he quickly wiped them away.
 
Yami stopped at a red light and calmly ran a trembling hand over his face. It wasn't fair that Solomon Motou had to die and leave his grandson behind. That was the last family that Yugi had and he could tell it was tearing the teen apart inside. Yugi had barely said two words since they left the cemetery and it was starting to worry him.
 
“Yugi, I'm deeply sorry,” Yami whispered, as if afraid of speaking too loudly would make the dead rise again. “If there was some way I could make him come back, you know I'd jump at the chance.”
 
His aibou looked over at him with sad eyes, even though a small smile graced his lips.
 
“Thanks, Yami,” he replied. “I just don't know what I'm going to do without him.”
 
The ex-pharaoh nodded in understanding as the light changed to green and he moved the vehicle forward.
 
“Yami?”
 
“Yes, Yugi?”
 
“I want to take over running the shop.”
 
“I think that's what your grandfather would've wanted you to do, Yugi.”
 
 
A/N: Okay, that's it for chapter 1. This is my first “in progress”
Yu-Gi-Oh fic. Please, R&R!