Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Otogi's Dark Angel ❯ The Dark Angel Lightens Up ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Ok, here we go with chapter 9! Wow, this fic is turning out a lot better then I thought ^_^ *Huggles all who left a review, since I have not been flamed on this, besides, I wouldn't hug flamers anyhoo. If you read my bio, you know how I feel about flamers* Anyway, enough of my ramblings.

Chapter 9: The Dark Angel Lightens Up.

~We have left Otogi's P.O.V~


Otogi and Yugi began their duel, with Jounouchi in the dog suit, acting as a humiliated person would. Otogi began explaining things to Yugi, but he explained as little as possible, to give himself the upper hand.

Anzu had been watching the duel for quite sometime with Honda. She had been intently watching, and had a suspicion for the longest of time about Otogi.

"Hey, Anzu," Honda said, lightly tapping he shoulder.

"Yes, Honda?" She replied as she looked at him.

"Your phone's ringing." Honda said, pointing to her purse as her phone was ringing to the tune of Shuffle (Yes it does this, listen carefully in the anime).

"Oh!" She exclaimed. She pushed a button on the phone and held it up to her ear.

"Hello."

"Hi, it's me.....Kozue." Kozue answered in a depressed voice.

"Is something wrong, Kozue?" Anzu asked, concerned about her friend.

"Could you come and meet me by Yugi's grandfather's Game Shop?" Kozue asked.

Anzu knew it was right outside the Dungeon Dice Monsters Arena.

"Sure." Anzu replied.

"Thanks, Anzu...Bye."

"Bye."

Anzu flipped her phone shut and put it back into her purse. She turned to Honda.

"I'm going to talk to Kozue, Honda. She seems upset. I need you to stay here and cover for me. Tell me if anything at all happens to Yugi. This is a serious duel, and I hate to leave, but something's not right here, and I've got to figure it out." Anzu had the love of friendship beaming in her eyes.

"Sure, you bet!" Honda said, giving her a thumbs up and a wink for good luck.

Anzu nodded and left the dueling grounds. She opened the door and saw the mass amounts of people watching the duel. They were compelled and staring intently at the screen. Anzu politely excused herself through the masses and saw Kozue sitting on the curb looking rather down.

"Hey Kozue." Anzu said, taking a seat next to her.

"Thank you for coming, Anzu." Kozue said, looking over at her.

"So, why did you call me here? What seems to be troubling you so much?" Anzu asked, she could see the sorrow in her eyes.

"I....Well..." It was hard for Kozue to admit how wrong she was about Otogi, but when she remembers how he was compared to how he is, she was saddened a great deal.

"Ok, let me start again." She replied, forcing the words out. " I love Otogi...I guess I was too blind to see it, and he really liked me too."

"That's great." Anzu beamed, happy that her friend had found someone who would care for her.

"I said liked, as in he doesn't anymore." Kozue said sternly, about to cry.

"Why?" Anzu questioned.

"Because I'm friends with you and Motou Yugi....He said I was a traitor and he looked at he like I should burn in hell. If I want Otogi to love me, I have to choose. I don't know how to tell you, but,.........I can't Anzu..." She sighed.

"You can't?" Anzu questioned once more. "Wait a minuet, can't what?"

"I can't spend anymore time with you and Yugi if I want him to love me..." A tear falls down Kozue's face. Anzu was the only true friend she has had since she moved to Domino.

Anzu looked sad for a moment. " I understand."

Anzu wished that she and Kozue could still become friends, but if Kozue wanted Otogi to except her love, she knew she would do what was best. Kozue could still talk to Anzu on the phone, and they did go to the same school, she guessed that made her feel better.

Kozue stood up and gave Anzu a sad smile, as if to say farewell, then she spoke.

"Guess you'd better go back to your duel. You friend really needs your support, and you are very good at that. Bye Anzu.."

"Good bye, Kozue....My friend..." Anzu trailed off. She looked sad for a moment and thought to herself...

**She loves his, and he treated her so badly... What a first class jerk! I bet he doesn't even know how she feels. For you Kozue, I'll make him be yours and somehow I'll try and see if I can make this friendship last.**

Anzu ran back into the dueling arena, her heart filled with confidence and love.

That's all for this chapter, another is coming!! Can Anzu save their friendship and find a way to Otogi's heart? Find out in chapter 10!