Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Our Love ❯ Bad Things Happen ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

About a month after the incident of Koko's kidnapping everyone was gathered at the park, wrapped up in thick clothing since it was winter and close to Christmas. Secretly though, Yami was regaining his memory and wasn't with the gang. He was sitting in the game shop in his and his light's room pondering over the strange dreams and other things that made his memory somehow click back in a few pieces here and there as his memory was trying to come back to the once Pharaoh.

He'd been having the dreams for a week now as well as everything else that made his memory decide to come back bit-by-bit. He didn't tell anyone because of what the dreams were about. They made him feel uncomfortable and it was all very unnerving to him. He decided against telling everyone because he didn't want them to worry for his sake, especially Koko above everyone else. As he was thinking about it everything came together perfectly and that's when his whole memory came back into place.

He remembered being a feared king, wanting to rule the world, being all-powerful; everything. For some reason he wanted it all back too. He didn't care for his so called friends anymore, he didn't trust anybody except one person: Koko. And even that wasn't all that strong to him anymore. He became even more evil than Nusumi had been or Malik and Marik put together with Nusumi. He wanted payback for some reason. Payback for probably being sealed inside the Millennium Puzzle for trying to make the monsters and other creatures of the game come under his control. An evil and twisted smile grew on his face as his puzzle began to glow and a plan began to form in his twisted mind.

A few days before Christmas everyone went ice-skating and Yami joined them this time. He'd kept everything a perfect secret and nobody suspected anything. After everyone had gone onto the ice, Koko pulled Yami over to the side to watch everyone, but he knew better and knew she wanted to talk to him about something but both remained silent as they watched everyone. Nusumi and Bakura were clutching each other's arms to not fall flat on their faces. Joey and Tristen were pulling Yugi along playfully and all three were laughing. Not far behind them Tea was laughing at them as well. Malik and Marik looked as if they weren't having many problems and even went over to help Bakura and Nusumi with their problems.

After a few minutes Koko turned to look at the once king and took something out of her pocket. Yami looked at her curiously, but on the inside he was thinking this was a waste of time and was very annoyed with being here.

"Yami, I know that it's a bit early but I want to give you your Christmas present now."

This made Yami even more curious and he actually wanted to know what it was.

She opened her hand and in it was a gold charm shaped in pyramid on a gold chain. On the front of the locket was a picture that Yami recalled her telling him that it was her favorite one. Her arms were wrapped around his neck happily with her winking at the camera and the person taking the picture and Yami was laughing and holding onto her arms. Yami took the locket from her and opened it up. On the left side was inscribed `Together Forever…' and on the right side `…No Matter What'.

"Koko, I…don't know what to say. It's wonderful. Thank you…so much." He pulled her towards him and held her against him lovingly. He meant every word he said, but now he felt bad about what he planned to do. Making up his mind he decided not to let Koko know anything and not hurt her. He was going to tell her about his memory coming back and her helping him with his plan, but he knew that meant having her put under a spell since he knew she wasn't going to hurt her friends willingly unless her memories were altered. But now he decided not to tell her and take the group of his `friends' someplace secluded and carry out his business there not having to worry about Koko and then lie about it later on what it was over with.

A couple days after Christmas Yami finally altered his own plan so Koko wouldn't have to be hurt as he carried out with it and was very happy about the outcome of it. He tells everyone except Koko to meet up with him at the park because he had something important to tell them. He put them under a spell using the Millennium Puzzle and transported them all into an abandoned warehouse. He bonded them all onto the far wall in one of the rooms near the back and waited for them to awaken.

As he waited he went back outside and, using the puzzle, he made a magic barrier on the building so nobody could enter or exit it without his knowing or his permission as well as them knowing about the barrier.

Meanwhile, Koko was walking over to the game shop excited about seeing Yami and others since she had to spend some at home with her family. Bakura and Nusumi had already come over to the game shop while she'd been asleep. Upon walking in she saw Yugi and Yami's grandpa and asked where the two boys were. Grandpa said that everyone had headed over to the park a good two hours ago and she left.

Once she arrived at the park though she couldn't find them anywhere and she began to worry about them.

`What if something bad happened to them? Yami please let me know you're okay somehow. Please don't let anything happen to them.' Tears began to form in her eyes as she ran out of the park. Little did she know another pair of eyes were watching her from above in the trees. Am evil smirk forming its way onto their lips as they watched her.

She runs all the way to downtown unknowingly though and as she passed a rundown warehouse something sparked inside of her and she only hoped that it was Yami and her friends that she felt as she headed over to it. She stopped in front of the door and hope flared inside of her as she pushed open the doors and ran inside, unharmed by the unknown barrier that she had just passed through.

The white haired girl ran through all the rooms as she headed deeper and deeper within the old, creaking building. She heard yelling come from the farthest room and ran over to it. Trying to see through the dusty window she ended up just opening the door and running to the railing to see who was yelling and found it was none other then the blonde haired Joey bonded against the wall. Next to him was everyone else. To the left of him were Bakura, Tea and Marik and to the right were Tristen, Marik, and Nusumi. Looking farther over the railing she saw Yugi and the person Joey was yelling at was Yami. It appeared as though him and Yugi were in the middle of a duel that was to settle something. Confused she listened to what Joey was saying after moving into the shadows.

"You jerk! How could you do this to us? We gave you our trust and friendship and everything we've been through you do this to us! Yuge, don't do this! You don't have to fight this creep anymore than he has the right to do this! You know what he's capable of and you'll get hurt if ya lose! Don't do it bud!"

Yugi shook his head sadly. "I have to try, Joey. I just have to try. I don't care what happens to me but if I can I'll save you if it means getting myself hurt or worse."

Joey growled and then turned back to the darker form of Yugi. "You big creep, Yami! What happened to you that made this happen? Koko deserves better then you and I don't know what she could see in you now!"

"Silence! You stupid mortal! If you haven't noticed my Koko isn't here and for that I am very grateful! She's my girl and I won't let harm come to the one I love! That's why I didn't bring her along with you! And when I'm through here I'm going to go find her and let's see what's she's going to say when I tell her of everything you said with a twist!"

Tears came down the hidden girl's eyes as she listened. `What happened to Yami? The Yami I fell in love with would never do this, would he? No! He wouldn't…but then what happened to him?'

Blue eyes glittered in the darkness as they surveyed the scene below; a twisted smile getting larger by every minute passing.

Yami became irritated with Joey's hollering and raised his hand to kill him. As it began to glow a red-blackish color Koko ran back over to the railing and tripped over the stairs before it was to late.

Once the same level as Yami she stood tall even with the tears streaming down her face. "Yami, stop!"

Crimson eyes widened and turned to look behind him and saw the white haired girl behind him. K-Koko what're you doing here? How'd you get in here?"

Ignoring his questions and looking straight into his red eyes as she cried her midnight ones away. "Yami, how could you! I trusted you and this is how it comes out? That I'm only your girl? To deceive and Kami knows what else you had in mind? What exactly did you plan on telling me when you finished here! I can't believe you would do this…to my friends or me! Do you want to know…how silly I feel for loving you? It really is embarrassing, Yami! Being betrayed by so many more before you and when I finally feel as though I could trust someone I end up being once more betrayed! I-I hate you Yami! I wish I never met you before in my life! I wish-I wish that I was living back with my dad! Being beaten is much better than having to be in this place and knowing you ever existed in my life!"

With that she turned and ran from the building. The ice-blue eyes in the shadows of the building looked joyous but turned quickly to anger and confusement as they turned back to Yami who looked as if he was having a battle with himself. The figure jumped down and finally made their presence known.

"Yami dearest, what's wrong?"

Said Yami turned and looked over his shoulder angrily. "You? What're you still doing here?"

"That hurts, Yami love."

"Stop calling me that! It's Yami you witch! Now tell me, what do you want?"

She tsked at him briskly. "Now that that wench is out of the way we can go back to being just the way we were before." Crimson eyes widened in confusion and anger as something realized on him. "That's right Yami. I gave all your memories back to you. Isn't it the best present you could ever receive?"

"You!" Yami finally had it dawn on him that she must have altered his memories so he'd do this and have Koko turn against him. "Kisama! You're the wench! Koko did nothing to you and this is how you treat her! I can't believe I ever fell in love with in the first place when you were nothing but a mere slave! I hate you Siena! And now I banish you to the Shadow Realm! Let's see how you fair there!" Using his puzzle he let everyone go and made Siena disappear forever. And once she did disappear Yami's true memories flooded into him. `Well what do you know? She held some of my real memories after all…but Koko? What am I going to do? She hates me…she told me she did.' He thought sadly.

"Yami?" Yugi asked quietly.

His dark form looked at him sadly. "I'm sorry, little Yugi. It was all a mistake. Something she did made me do this. I'm so sorry. How could you ever forgive me?" This time it was his turn to cry.

Yugi embraced the taller one and rubbed his back. "It's okay, Yami. I forgive you. It wasn't your fault it was hers. But…who was she?"

Yami explained about that day when Koko had been kidnapped and what she said. Telling them that he knew Siena didn't like Koko for some reason but didn't think she'd go this far to get him back.

"I don't know what to tell ya bud `cept that I'm sorry for what I said from before." Joey stated sadly.

"I'm sorry too guys. I can't believe I did that."

The group comforted Yami as they walked out of the building and back to the game shop.