Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Re-Discovering Innocence ❯ Admirer in the Shadows ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hmmm Add-on extension of Day 1! came to me while trying to rest right after coming home from 2002 Graduation!

Day 1: Monday 9:43 p.m.

Later that night, the sky was clad in a thick dark cloak, studded with thermal gems of red and blue.

Yami kicked up a few dried leaves as he made his usual outing about the town.

It was rather frosty that night; a complete and total contrast to the way it was that afternoon.

The Game King was a bit concerned about Anzu from what occurred earlier at school. He knew and felt that Anzu was of great importance to Yugi and didn't want anymore ills to befall her.

Since he knew he'd be out that night, he decided to check on her, taking full advantage of his usual late night outings.

Once in front of her house, Yami came to a pause, as his deep violet eyes drifted upto her lightly frosted window.

By the dim lighting of the streetlight, Yami could perceive that there were indeed lights on in her room, but dim ones; like that of a tv monitor.

The tugging of sending his consciousness up there claimed the interest of Yami as did his desire to go up there to check on her.

Without knowing it, Yami's hand had begun to move on it's own as it fished in his jacket pocket and pulled out a card.

The Curse of Dragon.

Several minutes later, Yami leapt off the dragon, as it materialized back into it's card, and he landed on Anzu's balcony.

His majestic form graced the window screen as he moved closer to look through it.

To his right was Anzu's television. It had indeed been left on. Thoughts of entering her room to turn it off crossed his mind.

He wouldn't dare step foot in her room without previous consent, and besides, it would be being rude towards Yugi and his feelings for Anzu.

Yami felt he had to be considerate to others, especially to his Aibou.

But he came here for a reason, and he refused to leave until he made sure Anzu was all right.

Although, she was probably asleep by now, and he shouldn't invade on her privacy. But, his eyes were just as curious as was the rest of him.

Checking now to his left, he could see Anzu's bed, but she wasn't in it.

His eyes continued their search until they reached the far end of the room.

And there he found Anzu; she was curled up in a ball right next to her bed.

Mildly concerned for her situation, Yami's hand was already on the move as it started to slide the window screen open, without him acknowledging it.

The action proved to support the fact that Anzu was still awake.

Knowing for sure that she heard a noise coming from her windowscreen, she immediately darted her attention to it. The essence of whomever was there seemed to strike a cord deep within her. She knew it was someone very important to her.

She questioned his name, while rising from her placement on the floor and walking over to the window to catch a glimpse of him. But much to her dismay. the person she sought was not there.

Disappointed, and a little confused, Anzu then gave up on her mystery visitor and moved her socked feet over to her tv and flicked it off. Then she climbed into her bed and covered herself in a single sheet. Even though the night was ice cold, she was still a little warm from her heat-stroke earlier that day.

The moment she was out of his line of vision, Yami dispatched himself from hiding in the shadows.

With the silent toss of a card, the Curse of Dragon he called on before, reappeared and Yami jumped onto the back of the beast, just as it pulled off from Anzu's balcony.

Needless to say, Yami was rather satisfied with his finding. Aside from being a little warm from her heat-stroke that day, Anzu was going to be all right.

-Mel