Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Re-Discovering Innocence ❯ Romance in the Night ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's snippet-I was blasting WILD DRIVE while writing this and thinking it up on the fly.

"Romance in the night "

In his room, little Yugi couldn't sleep. He tossed and turned, but he just couldn't settle his mind!

His heart was too filled with thoughts of Anzu, that we couldn't bring himself to sleep.

Now resembling a wad of something from the dark unknown, Yugi was completely wrapped up in his bedsheets, and while he tried to wriggle out of them, he ended up in a mass of blankets and bedsheets on the floor.

Seconds later, he managed to wriggle out of them and set them aside, too happy to bother with putting them back on the bed.

In total solace, he leapt to his feet, and dashed to his window.

It was dark outside, and there were hardly any stars out, but Yugi didn't care.

He had to do this, and he had to do it now!

Forcing the window open, a gust of cold wind blew in Yugi's face, but he didn't let that stop him!

Thinking only of Anzu, Yugi inhaled a deep breath, then released it in a mighty yell:

"I LOVE YOU, ANZU-CHA-A-A-AN!!"

Echoing through the whole neighborhood, Yugi's confession was set free. His love flew high into the Heavens, and sprinkled warmly over the whole vicinity of Domino City.

His heart was pounding so hard, and he was so filled with complete happiness, that he didn't realize the susurration meows and barking of stray dogs that he received from his----intimate outburst.

Even if he did, he wouldn't have cared in the least.

Breathing in shorter breaths now, Yugi closed his eyes and tried to catch his breath. It pleased him so much to let that feeling go.

He had just had his practice,---so the next time he'd see Anzu and felt those butterflies and the squeezing of his heart, he'd let Anzu know how he really felt without hesitation!

He loved her so much! He was very ecstatic that she had felt the same way about him.

He loved that girl.

Anzu...

"Anzu...", Yugi prepared to take in another deep breath to shout something else out the window, but his last outburst proved him dizzy from taking all that air in on such short notice, and he wobbled a bit, before catching himself on the window payne.

And there, he properly caught his breath.

Afterwards, he quickly closed and locked his window, then made his way to his bed in a dancing fit.

He didn't even bother with picking up the sheets he left on the floor. The pleased grin never left his face as his glossy eyes flew up to the darkened ceiling; his child-like face a flush of a passionate hue as red as the cheeks of the teddybears on his pajamas.

--

Well there you have it! Now we all know that Yugi wears teddybear pajamas to bed!

As for Yami...well....that's a secret

Later! Almost at the end!

-Mel