Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Curses ❯ Attack ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Returning Curses

Chapter 9: Attack

Ryou Bakura wandered through Domino Park, pondering what Joey had told him about Yugi's odd behaviour.

/It doesn't make any sense, what Joey described sounded nothing like Yugi! The scariest part was that he actually tried to hurt his friends! What's wrong with him?/ He thought to himself.

//Beats me.// replied Yami Bakura in the back of his mind.

/I wasn't talking to you. I was thinking alone if you don't mind!/

//Sheesh! Full of sunshine today, are we?// said Bakura sarcastically.

/Not really. Leave me alone./ ordered a very annoyed Ryou.

//Whatever. I don't want to stick around and talk anyway.// Bakura left.

Ryou sighed and continued walking.

*

Behind Ryou, a boy with tri-coloured hair turned his head to watch the unsuspecting albino walk away through his glowing red eyes. A black cat lept down from the branch of a nearby tree to land beside the short teen. It's eyes were also glowing red. The spiky haired youth turned to look at the cat.

The cat hissed and nodded toward Ryou. ~Strike now, servant! He must pay!~

The mind-controled boy nodded and quietly stalked Ryou until they were both out of sight in a remote section of the park, and he purposely kicked over a stone to show his presence behind Ryou.

"Huh? Who's there?"

Yugi lept for Ryou, but Ryou yelped and dodged to the left.

"YUGI!!! WHAT'S GOTTEN INTO YOU???" he shouted.

Suddenly, he noticed Yugi's red eyes.

/Oh NO!/

Ryou ran for the lake in the centre of the park, with an evil Yugi hissing angrily at his heels. He stopped at the lake, only to discover that he was trapped.

Yugi blocked his only way out, and Ryou whimpered in fear. Suddenly, he came up with a plan just as Yugi lunged at him.

Ryou quickly sidestepped as Yugi sprang at him. Yugi fell head first into the cold water. The moment he hit the water, the red glint in his eyes disappeared.

Ryou saw this, and his eyes widened. "Hold on, Yugi! I'll get you out!"

The white haired youth grabbed Yugi's hand and pulled him out of the water. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah. At least... I think so..." he stammered.

"What happened?"

"I don't know! One minute, I was at the library, then the next, I was in the lake!"

"You mean, you don't know what happened?" Ryou stared at him.

"No."

"Come on Yugi, walk with me. I want to talk to you."

"Sure." Yugi replied, going with Ryou.

The two hikaris walked off through the park, unaware of the red-eyed black cat that was watching them from a bush.

~So, defy me, will they? How could the boy have known my curse was weakened in water? I will get revenge on both of them if it's the last thing I do!~

*****

I updated really soon as an apology for the evil cliffie I left. I would have had this up sooner, but I realized that I was listening to Shania Twain's "UP!" so I had to redo it. It's an ANGST FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!!