Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Rule the Game ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Yu-gi-oh and all its characters are property of blah blah blah (myself not included).
 
AN: No, I really don't have anything to say for myself. Except... major stress-relief time! The thing is, I'm not in the habit of posting stuff without having finished the whole story. I really have no idea what came over me, nervous grin. Onward!
.
.
.
XoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooPrologueooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooX
.
.
.
So it came to this, then.
 
Do the darn homework already, or...
 
Jonouchi glanced superficially at the phone out of the corner of his eye. Er... Or call him.
 
He groaned vaguely, plopped down on the floor, and ran a hand roughly through his hair.
 
He was doomed...
 
No! he suddenly chided himself. He was lucky, was what he was. Lucky to be able to even consider calling him; lucky because he knew someone would pick up on the other end. After he'd gone and done something so extraordinarily, undeniably stupid, well, it took a special kind of person to... to what...?
 
Humor him, or something...?
 
He squashed that thought with lightening reflexes.
 
And so, because he used to call him nearly every night, because he hadn't called him more than once or twice in the past month - month, really, already? -, because it was Christmas Eve - for whatever the reason, he picked up the phone and dialed Yuugi's number. He was somewhat surprised that he still remembered the number as easily as he always did.
 
Then he listened to it ring once... twice...
 
There were butterflies in his stomach. Butterflies were for girls.
 
...three times...
 
He fidgeted desperately with a button from the top of his dresser. `We are. Only. Friends! Only.'
 
...four...
 
“Hello!” boomed an unmistakable, elderly voice.
 
Jou jumped. “Ah...”
 
“...You have reached the Kami Game shop...”
 
He flushed, and hung the phone up again with perhaps more force was entirely warranted.
 
Then he stared at it for a very, very long time.
 
He could try again...
 
In a little while...
 
He sighed. What kind of teacher assigned homework over winter break, anyway? It really wasn't fair at all...
.
.
.
Xoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooX
.
.
.
AN: So. The one page chapter. One page and four lines, actually, and that's without author's notes. So it's not really so bad. (smile) Please review! I've been having a bit of a general writing crisis lately, and lack of confidence from lack of reviews is certainly not helping matters. So this was written as a whim, on the spur of the moment, with little or no thought. So? If you didn't like it, review anyway and tell me what I did wrong. There will be more following! Incidentally, merry Christmas :)