Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Runa Sister of Seto ❯ meeting ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The high priestess took her nameless child to the sacred temple of the gods. For she knew this child was different. As she reached the temple, she brought the child inside. This temple was forbidden to all but the pharaoh and high priest, and they both had to have the consent of the other. No one could go beyond the altar steps, that was punishable by death. That was the place the woman sought. She took a breath, for she knew what she was doing was forbidden. She climbed the altar steps; she set the child down in front of the altar.

"Name this child, she was created by you. She is more your child than she will ever be mine. You have planned something, what do you name her!" The woman's voice had started out soft but had gotten louder and louder. There was great magic in the air and the woman saw what no other mortal had ever seen before. The council of the gods had come. One goddess came forth, Basset.

"You have seen more than any other has, we have chosen correctly." Purred the basset. "She is a child of the gods but also a child of mortals and always shall be. This child will have many lives and will know much pain, that

was the price of the birth."

.

"What do you mean?" the woman asked timidly.

"She was destined to be great, her power is great, that was decided before even the gods came into existence." Secmat explained.

"You ask us to name her, but not even the gods know that. Ra explained. "But we shall give her a name that she may be known by. She shall be Runa, the unknown, the mystery.

"You shall never speak of this. There will be a time, but it shan't be during your lifetime and you will know when that time is. You have done a great deed, and have given us much joy to see our daughter. For this you may ask for one thing".

"My daughter to have a companion, for the bond between her and Seto to be as if they had been born together, as twins.

"You are special my child, you give this request to your daughter, others may not have. Cherish her for you only have until your second son is born."

"Yes thank you" the woman said as Ra handed her Runa. She bowed and turned away to leave the temple, she knew her daughter would prevail, Runa would be a survivor