Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Save Me From Myself ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Save Me From Myself

Chapter Seven: Will this pain End?

 

A/N: Sorry it’s taken me a few days for a new chapter. I’ve been really busy and this chapter’s really short too. Sorry ‘bout that!

------------------------------------------------------------------ ----

 

-Yugi’s POV-

 

I stared at Yami for a few minutes longer. He didn’t say anything, just stood up and picked me up effortlessly. I clung tightly to his shirt and he took me to the top of the stairs.

“What caused your headaches?” he asked, setting me down but didn’t let go of me.

“It’s a funny condition. It happens every so often,” I replied, shrugging my shoulders and felt him wrap his arm around my waist to keep me from falling. He nodded and looked down at me.

“So, where’s my room?” he asked finally, breaking the silence. I glanced up at him and slid out of his grip.

“You can sleep in my room with me. It’s too big for me anyways,” I said, looking over my shoulder at him. He nodded and followed behind me. I was glad that my room was pretty close. I pushed open my door and stepped inside, motioning for him to follow. I looked back at him again and smiled when I saw the look on his face.

“I’ve got a big closet so we can share that,” I pointed it out and started to speak again but he stopped me.

“Where am I supposed to sleep?” he asked, staring at me, his eyebrows raised curiously.

“Up to you. You can sleep with me in my big bed or we can get a sleeping bag and you can sleep on the floor.” I shrugged my shoulders and walked over to my bed and flopped down on it.

“I can sleep in your bed..” he repeated, looking at me, then down at his feet. I froze, I feared that I had overstepped my boundaries. He walked over to where I sat and flopped down on the bed.

“I think sleeping here will be alright!” he said with a wide smile. I grinned with him and patted his shoulder.

“I’m afraid we’ll need to go clothes shopping too,” I said, standing up. He stared up at me and sighed.

“Alright,” he said.

---

I was glad that my parents had sent extra money for this week. I asked them to last week and I was sure that they’d forget. But they were true to their word and I used that money to buy Yami and I some stuff.

He was a little afraid at first for me using my money but after the tenth time of reassuring him, he finally went ahead and picked out some clothes. I knew he wanted to get more but I guess he was afraid of choosing too much.

We happened to be walking by a jewelry store and something caught his eye. “Be right back!” he said, going into the store. I followed after him and found a real pretty thin gold chain necklace. I shut the door behind me and stared at it for a moment; it was cheap and he might like it a lot.

I noticed he was looking at a necklace also but I turned my attention back to the one I spotted. I picked it up and slid over to where there was an opening at the register.

“I want this,” I told the man. He nodded and took it out of my hands.

“Something for your girl?” he asked, staring at it at first, then me.

“Something like that,” I said, and I glanced over at Yami when the man had his back facing me. He was still looking at what I could only guess as a necklace. I smiled when the man handed me the box, all wrapped up with a small red bow. I nodded, paid him for it and slipped outside and slid it into my pocket. Yami came out a minute later, smiling.

“Ready to go?” I asked him. He nodded and we slowly walked back to my car.

---

It was rather earlier when we decided to go to bed but I was yawning all the way through dinner and Yami didn’t look too much better either. It must’ve been a little after 10:30 when we bedded down but it didn’t matter to me.

I snuggled under the thick covers and felt Yami slowly get into bed as well. For a moment, I felt him hesitate and then he slowly moved towards me.

“Can…Can I sleep near you?” he asked in a soft voice. I rolled over to face him. In the dark, I could see how beautiful he really looked. I nodded and reached up to softly touch his face. He smiled and laid down next to me, falling asleep quickly.