Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Save Me From Myself ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Save Me From Myself

Chapter Eight: Falling Into Your Hands

------------------------------------------------------------------ ---

-Yami’s POV-

I awoke late in the morning to find Yugi was gone. I sighed and rolled over, feeling comfortable for once. I could hear him moving around downstairs, most likely making some breakfast. I sighed again and stared up at his white ceiling. I felt safe from anything but there was that nagging voice in the back of my mind. It was that feeling I could never shake off. I blinked a couple of times and swung my legs towards the edge of the bed.

“Yami! Are you up?” I heard his voice float under the door. I sat up and called out,

“Yeah, I’m up!” I heard him place a tray against the wall and open the door slowly. “Hi,” I whispered, suddenly feeling strange just being clothed in a pair of boxers. I felt a blush creep across my face and I heard him chuckle. I pulled the blankets over me just a slight bit more and leaned back on my elbows. He held a tray in his hands and it was laden with food for the two of us. He placed the tray close to me and I reached for a spoon. Then he sat next to me and leaned against my shoulder. Being that close to him made me feel just a bit safer.

“Yami, is something wrong?” his voice broke through my thoughts. I took a bite and shook my head to indicate nothing was wrong. He sighed and let his body weigh against mine all the way. Then I found his fingers kneading themselves into my shoulders to relax me. I relaxed and fell onto his chest and stayed there. He rested his chin on top of my head and let out a sigh.

----

-Yugi’s POV-

‘Yami, won’t you please tell me what’s wrong?’ I thought sadly as he relaxed against my chest. I entangled my fingers in his rather tangled hair and rested my chin on his head. I heard a knock at the door downstairs and I moved.

“I’ll be right back,” I told Yami, hurrying out of the room. I hurried downstairs and was wondering who it could be. I reached the door quickly and unlocked it. A man stood on the doorstep, with his weathered eyes staring back into mine.

“Yami?” he asked, giving me a strange look. I shook my head no and said,

“No, I’m not Yami. I’m Yugi,” he nodded and suddenly his eyes ran up the stairs. I turned around and saw Yami coming down the stairs slowly.

“Father,” Yami sneered, practically spitting out the name. I froze; was this his real father?! The look on his face told me everything that I needed to know. He came stumbling down the last two stairs and I moved quickly to catch him. I caught him against my chest and managed to stay standing. He quickly pushed me away and marched up to his father.

“How could you?!” he screamed at me, slamming the door in his father’s face.

---------------------