Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Save Me From Myself ❯ Chapter Nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Save Me From Myself

 

Chapter Nine: Why?

 

--------------------------------------

 

-Yami ’s POV-

‘I couldn’t believe Yugi; I couldn’t believe he’d open the door and show my father that I’m staying here with him!’ I stared at him with cold eyes. I saw Yugi tense and slink down but I didn’t back off. I reached out and grabbed his forearms rather hard. Yugi mumbled something about me letting him go but I couldn’t. I shook him rather hard and then shoved him aside. He landed with a loud PLOP against the carpeted floors and I advanced towards him. He shivered and whimpered loudly.

“Please, Yami, don’t…” Yugi whimpered, clutching the carpet with a death grip. I froze suddenly; I realized I was hurting the only person I could trust. I dropped to my knees and reached out and gently touched his hair. I felt him shivering and I felt bad for what I had just done to him.

“I’m sorry, Yugi.. “I whispered, standing back up. I wiped my sweaty palms on my bare chest and looked up to the stairs. Then I took off up them, leaving him behind. I ran into his room, grabbed up my shirt and hurriedly shrugged it on. I ran back down the stairs and passed him as I was running out the door. The look of fear, the tears on his cheeks, it hurt me so much.

“Yugi, I’m sorry,” I whispered again, running out of the house.

--

I must’ve been running for nearly two hours. My body and legs kept telling me to stop but I couldn’t; I just needed to get away from them. Tears pushed at my eyelids but I refused to let them fall.

‘Can this be the end of my safety?’ I thought as I ran blindly down an alleyway. I heard the faint noise of a chain being tossed but I didn’t know where it was until I felt the chain wrap around my throat tightly. I gasped and grabbed a hold of it then I was jerked backwards. I heard a strong laugh and I glanced back and saw my real father staring at me with unreadable eyes. I yanked at the chain again but it did no good. It became even tighter and I couldn’t breath as well.


“Stupid bastard,” I hissed at him, struggling as best as I could. He gave the chain a hard yank and I gasped again as I saw spots dance before my eyes. He laughed again and gave the chain an extra tug for fun.

“Didn’t take me long to find you, idiot.” he hissed back, giving the chain an even harder yank. I struggled to breath now, I forgot about the tight chain around my neck.

‘Someone help me!’ I thought as I felt myself slipping. ‘Yugi, help me!’

------------------

-Yugi’s POV-

I waited by Yami’s bedside for hours. It was just luck that I found him seconds after his real father, I suppose, left him for dead.

I rested my head on the plain white blanket and stared at his frown drawn face. ‘He doesn’t look peaceful.’ I thought as I sat back up a bit and tucked a bit of his fallen bang back behind his ear. I let out a forced sigh and sat back in the uncomfortable chair.

“Yugi?” I thought I heard wrong but -oh no!- when I looked over, I saw him staring at me. I gave him a small smile and waited for him to speak again. “Yugi, where I am?”