Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Save Me From Myself ❯ Chapter Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Save Me From Myself

 

Chapter Ten: Can You Forgive Me?

------------------------------

-Yugi’s POV-

‘I’m glad you woke up. ‘I thought happily but kept my face straight. He still looked at me but his eyes were still unfocused. I waved my hand in front of his eyes and he blinked, clearing them quite a bit.

“Why am I here?” I heard him ask me. I took a deep breath before answering,

“You’re in the hospital. You nearly died, Yami.” I could barely get the words out of my throat. He glanced over at the clock on the wall and took a deep breath as well.

“How long was I out?” he asked.

“Nearly three days now, Yami.” I replied back, looking away from him for a moment.

“Were you the one who saved me?” he finally asked and I could hear his voice falter just a tiny bit. I nodded and looked away from him.

“Yeah, I found you just a minute or two after your father left you for dead.” I told him quietly, now focusing on my shoes. He gave a small grunt and I looked up at him. He was giving me a small smile and I returned it.

I noticed the doctor had walked into the room and I turned towards him. “When can he go home?” I asked him, crossing my fingers behind my back. The doctor looked at me and then down at his clipboard, then back at me.

“I don’t have any problem with him leaving today. But I will need to see his neck once again.” I nodded and he stepped over to Yami’s side and started to feel the still tender wound. I saw Yami flinch but he didn’t cry out. Then the doctor stepped back and gave us a smile.

“You can go home anytime now. Your neck is still pretty tender and it’ll be sore for a couple of days, though.” Yami and I nodded and the doctor left the room. I turned back towards him and sighed.

“Do you still want to go back to my house or what?” I asked, rubbing my arm where Yami had gotten me earlier. I heard him take a deep breath and I heard him say,

“Is it all right if I still stay with you?” I looked up at him and nodded slowly, a pain suddenly shooting up my arm. “I’m sorry about hurting you, too.” Yami said quietly, looking down at the white sheet. I gave another small smile and nodded.

“It’s all right. But can you tell me what happened to you and your real father?” I asked quickly, fidgeting. He took a quick intake of air and he mumbled a ‘sure‘.

“Do you want to go home now?” I asked, looking back up at him. His eyes got bright and he nodded happily.

----

A couple hours later we were back at my house and I had a cup of tea for myself and a can of pop for Yami. We were sitting at the dinning room table and I was sitting across from him.

“Can I ask you about your past now?” I asked him, taking a sip of my tea. He shrugged his shoulders at first, and then nodded slowly.

“Yeah, I’ll feel better if I get it off of my chest.” he admitted hesitantly. I nodded and waited for him to go on.

 

“My real father started abusing me since I was real little. My mother was hardly around and he hated me especially for that. But later on I found out it wasn’t my fault; my mother had a job and she was working long hours at a time.

Well, anyways, my father at first only hit me with his hand. But as I got older, his beatings became harsher. He would often chain me to my bed for days at a time when I was five. Then, one day, he got really physical. He pinned me against the wall, started to hit me on my head, across my chest and everywhere else. I remember waking up hours later, bloody and I could barely do anything. I begged and begged my father to take me to the doctor but he refused.

It was nearly one in the morning when my mom got home and found me. I had lost nearly three pints of blood and my bone in my left arm had swelled up so bad. She took me to the hospital instantly and we were there for almost three hours. I suffered from a broken arm, sprained wrist, four broken ribs, and a concussion.

After that accident, my mother shipped me off to foster care, telling me that she couldn’t take care of me and work such long hours at the same time. And with my real father on the hunt for her, she was running as fast as she could like I started doing. And when my father found me a few years back at one of my foster families, I ran again. I was scared half to death when he found me a few days ago. He says he doesn’t mean anything but if you happen to piss him off, what happened to me can happen to you.” he took a shaky breath and I realized he started crying. I got up and quickly ran over to his side. He clutched my shirt and got closer to me. I could feel his warmth against my body and I hugged him closer to me.

He grabbed my shirt again with his free hand and I could hear him starting to cry. I froze but still held onto him as he slid out of the chair. We landed on our knees and he stuttered,

“I could… I couldn’t bear if he would.. Would have gotten a hold of you and hurt you.” he struggled to speak again and I tried to shush him but he wouldn’t listen. “If you would’ve gotten hurt, I wouldn’t be able to live.”

“It’s OK, Yami. It’s all right. I’m here now, shush, quiet.” I whispered softly into his hair, running my fingers into his tangled hair.

“Will everything be all right, Yugi?” he said, “He knows where we live. He’ll come back and try to hurt the two of us!”

-----------------------------------------