Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Save Me From Myself ❯ Chapter Eleven ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Save Me From Myself

 

Chapter Eleven: Time To Run

--------------------------------------------------

 

-Yam i’s POV-

 

‘I felt safe being in his arms, allowing him to hold me close. Which I had never let anyone do for years.’ I held onto his shirt tightly and let myself cry. He didn’t say anything about me crying, he just let me cry. I could feel his warm body next to mine and I cried even harder. I just couldn’t help it at all; I needed to cry for once in my life.

“We’ll find something to do about that,” Yugi whispered in my ear, holding me even closer. “We can run to America, we can go anywhere!” he said hoarsely, trying his best to comfort me.

America, I heard of that place. A place where we could run and most likely be safe. I looked up at Yugi and gave a small smile.

“Yeah, let’s go to America.” he nodded and I smiled at him again.

----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

-One-Week Later-

 

-Yugi’s POV-

Both Yami and I had packed for our trip to America. We only took four boxes each, if that. I still was unsure if Kaiba had actually said we could live with him for a few months until we could find a cheap place to rent. But as I made one last call to Kaiba, he assured me it was all right.

I called up the stairs for Yami to come on down since I was ready. I had my travel bag with me and my stuff already packed in my car. He still had one last box that he needed to pack and I was hoping he was done by now. If we didn’t get going soon, we’d miss our flight and I didn’t want that.

“Yami, hurry up! We’re going to be late!” I yelled up the stairs again, smoothing out my white button down shirt. I heard his muffled reply and saw him at the top of the stairs. He gave me a sheepish grin and came down the stairs slowly. I laughed at this and reached out to take the box from his arms when he got close to me. He laughed as well and I noticed that this was the first time I’ve seen him so happy in a while. He hopped down the rest of the stairs, grabbed me by my shoulders and ushered he and myself out the door.

“Don’t forget to lock the door!” I said quickly, turning around and saw him latching the door behind us.

“Duh, I wasn’t, goofy!” he said, punching me lightly in the shoulder. I nodded and slowly went down the porch steps.

“Can you believe we’re going to America?” Yami said in an excited voice. I laughed and nodded, still happy that Kaiba was letting us stay at his vacation house.

“Remember, for a couple months, we’re going to live with Kaiba.” I said reminding him of the person he’d never met yet. He nodded and hopped down next to me and opened up the car door.

“Who’s Kaiba?” he asked, giving me a funny look. I reframed from laughing and quickly told him about Kaiba and Kaiba Corp. By time I was telling him about Kaiba, he was nodding and giving a small smile. I laughed at this, got into the car and started it up. He hopped in beside me and slammed the door.

“If I put the pedal to the metal we can make it in time.” I said, jumping into traffic. He hung on for dear life as I peeled out and smoked the tires.

--------

-45 minutes later-

We made it with ten minutes to spare for our flight. Yami was still hugging the seat belt for dear life and I had to pry him lose from it.

“We’re here, Yami.” I said, tugging at the belt and he let go of it. Then he slowly opened up the door and got out. I dropped him off at the front of the building and quickly found a parking space. I shut off the car, grabbed our stuff and when Yami came running over, handed him a few boxes. He took his stuff and I grabbed mine and we made a beeline towards the entry. We were quite lucky because we didn’t have a long line to wait in like usual. We had our passports checked and we put our stuff on a line to be put on the plane.

“I can’t wait!” Yami said excitedly, nearly jumping up and down. I laughed quietly and put a calming hand on his arm.

“Calm down. It’ll look strange to everyone around us.” I said in a rather soft voice. He stopped and stared at me, giving me a funny look. I laughed again and our flight was called. We made our way to the boarding area and turned around for one last look at Japan.

“Let’s go!” I said, pulling him after me. He nodded and ran up the ramp with me. My bag swung and hit me in the back and I turned around for one last look at my home.

-------------------------------